Star Wars: The Prequel and Original Trilogy's- $34.99 on Amazon

slickkill77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
78 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
okay-face.jpg

They sell for $30 every now and then including the week they came out. Unless you absolutely need it now, there's little point buying it at this price point.

[quote name='blindinglights']I like these cases better, but I want all the extras in the box set so I'll just keep waiting for a better deal on that.[/QUOTE]

You may have seen them yourself so you may think I'm wrong, but really...the first two extras discs are pretty awful. The DVD releases from several years back had a ton of varied bonus content. Discs 7 & 8 of the Blu-Ray set are full of brief segments (be it interviews, deleted scenes, or prop discussion) that are nowhere near as comprehensive as the DVD set stuff was. Of specific note, there are barely any deleted scenes compared to the older DVDs. Not to mention unless you use the "play all" button (which I don't) you're going to be jumping in and out of long-loading menus every 5 minutes (or less).

The 9th disc is a little better in that it has some "classic" documentaries on the older films plus a few other things thrown in, but it's still not nearly as good as it would have been if they just crammed the majority of the DVD extras from the older releases (both prequels and originals) onto there.

[quote name='KaneRobot']You may have seen them yourself so you may think I'm wrong, but really...the first two extras discs are pretty awful. The DVD releases from several years back had a ton of varied bonus content. Discs 7 & 8 of the Blu-Ray set are full of brief segments (be it interviews, deleted scenes, or prop discussion) that are nowhere near as comprehensive as the DVD set stuff was. Of specific note, there are barely any deleted scenes compared to the older DVDs. Not to mention unless you use the "play all" button (which I don't) you're going to be jumping in and out of long-loading menus every 5 minutes (or less).

The 9th disc is a little better in that it has some "classic" documentaries on the older films plus a few other things thrown in, but it's still not nearly as good as it would have been if they just crammed the majority of the DVD extras from the older releases (both prequels and originals) onto there.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard. I like the art infinitely better on the single trilogies and I'd probably only watch the bonus stuff one time, if at all, since I've seen SO much of basically the same stuff over the years.

[quote name='KaneRobot']. Not to mention unless you use the "play all" button (which I don't) you're going to be jumping in and out of long-loading menus every 5 minutes (or less).
[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, there isn't any play all button for deleted scenes. It makes watching them all for each of the 6 films a great deal longer and more painful because you have to back out of multiple menus to see them all. There's different menus for each planet of each movie even, making it a huge chore. Just awful navigation on this set. I might hate the navigation more than some of the changes to the films.

[quote name='mrosnwo']As far as I know, there isn't any play all button for deleted scenes. It makes watching them all for each of the 6 films a great deal longer and more painful because you have to back out of multiple menus to see them all. There's different menus for each planet of each movie even, making it a huge chore. Just awful navigation on this set. I might hate the navigation more than some of the changes to the films.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate further? I haven't heard about the menus or anything.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I - III) will be on 3D and possible it'll be out on Blu-ray this year!!![/QUOTE]

Lucas doesn't work that way.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy (Episodes I - III) will be on 3D and possible it'll be out on Blu-ray this year!!![/QUOTE]

that's not happening. I thought the plan is to release 1 a year in theatres.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Can you elaborate further? I haven't heard about the menus or anything.[/QUOTE]

If you pop in bonus disc 1, for example, and want to watch the deleted scenes for Ep1, first you gotta select ep1, then watch an animated scene play out. Then you gotta select a planet from the movie, say Tatooine, then watch another animated scene play out. Then you gotta select deleted scenes, watch another animated menu sequence play out. Then you pick a deleted scene, wait for a load time, and watch the scene. Repeat for all deleted scenes on this planet. Then, to watch the next set of deleted scenes for the same movie, you have to back out to the planet menu, cue up another animated scene, select the next planet, animated scene, select deleted scenes, another animation, then watch the next wave. Also, you will find out there are a few planets that don't have any deleted scenes, so you shuffled through the stupid menus for nothing. Very tedious process. It'll take you well over an hour to watch all deleted scenes for all 6 movies, and atleast half that is spent navigating.

I will say, though, the deleted stuff for Ep 4 is pretty priceless, regardless of condition of footage. Just fantastic to watch, IMO. The stuff for the prequel trilogy is filled to the brim with extremely rough computer placeholder footage, and looks like a N64 game. Most of it is just altered or extended cuts of scenes in the movies, and while interesting to watch once, are all pretty terrible in the state they're in. It's all worth the pain for the old movies, not so much for the newer movies.

[quote name='KaneRobot']You may have seen them yourself so you may think I'm wrong, but really...the first two extras discs are pretty awful. The DVD releases from several years back had a ton of varied bonus content. Discs 7 & 8 of the Blu-Ray set are full of brief segments (be it interviews, deleted scenes, or prop discussion) that are nowhere near as comprehensive as the DVD set stuff was. Of specific note, there are barely any deleted scenes compared to the older DVDs. Not to mention unless you use the "play all" button (which I don't) you're going to be jumping in and out of long-loading menus every 5 minutes (or less).

The 9th disc is a little better in that it has some "classic" documentaries on the older films plus a few other things thrown in, but it's still not nearly as good as it would have been if they just crammed the majority of the DVD extras from the older releases (both prequels and originals) onto there.[/QUOTE]

The 2 hour star wars parody feature is almost worth the price of admission alone. Got a lot, and I mean a LOT of laughs from that one.

[quote name='kilik64']Im waiting for the Original Unaltered Trilogy...

Gonna be a while...

www.originaltirlogy.com[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and you'll be able to skip blu-ray completely and get it on holographic media in the year 2320*

*If you're still alive.

bread's done
Back