Star Wars Trilogy DVD $29.99 plus tax at Coconuts.com (AC and AR) (Free Ship)

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
Link to DVD set:

http://shop.coconuts.com/product.aspx?loc=41475&sku=40241573

10% off plus FREE SHIPPING coupon details (code: FIRSTPURCHASE)(expires ???)

http://ak.buyservices.com/buy_asset...pecials/popups/coconutsfirstpur09_468x500.gif

$15 Rebate link (expires 10/5):

http://ak.buyservices.com/buy_asset.../specials/popups/coconutsstarwars_886x717.jpg

Total after coupon and after rebate:

$29.99 plus tax (where applicable)

No, you don't have to cut your box apart for the rebate. Just send in the sticker on the wrapping that has the UPC code on it, just like all TWEC stores. (Updated below on this).

UPDATE:

*You can use the rebate form if you purchase the set after the 21st now. New expiration date for the rebate (to buy the set, not mail it in) is 10/5.

*FIRSTPURCHASE coupon code still expires on ???.

*Make sure you choose BUDGET shipping to get free shipping with said coupon.

*I just got mine from Coconuts.com in the mail (9/20). There was no UPC sticker on the shrinkwrap, but I'm consulting with forum members at DVDtalk.com for an alternative other than cutting the box. Stay tuned.

2ND UPDATE:

So, if you have the DVD from Coconuts.com or are still thinking about ordering it, here's some alternatives to cutting the UPC from the box:

1) Buy it at a TWEC store ( www.twec.com for locations) and return your Coconuts.com order to the same store on another trip. The in store DVDs have the UPC price sticker on it.

2) Email [email protected], explain you don't want to cut the box, and you just might get $15 credited back to your card from your Trilogy order. A www.DVDtalk.com member had this same exact thing happen.

3) A www.fatwallet.com member reported this when he emailed the rebate company that handles the rebates for TWEC stores:

"Thank you for your rebate inquiry. Regarding your issue, you have
indicated that question. Yes, please be so kind to send the photocopy
of the original upc barcode.

The receipt, along with your name, your complete mailing address, and
the Rebate ID at the top of this e-mail, may be mailed, faxed or
scanned in jpg or pdf format to:

Rebate Special Services
PO Box 028516
Miami FL 33102-8516
OR
Fax Number: (800) 886-8370
Please allow 48 hours to process your fax.

We appreciate your participation in this promotion. If there is
anything else we can do to assist you, please contact us at
[email protected]. We are always happy to help. You can also track
the status of your rebate, using the Rebate ID above, at
www.RebatesHQ.com.

Rafael
Promotions Customer Service"

OVERALL: Some of these are heresy, it's up to you to decide what to do.

REMINDER: This deal is still going on, as the rebate expires early next month, but the online coupon expires ???.

Looks like a good deal. For the 10% off and free shipping coupon however, it states "This offer not valid with any other coupon, shipping coupon, or other promotions". Could the $15 rebate be considered "other promotions"? Just wondering if there will be any rebate hassles...

Aren't there two box types? One with Vader and the other with Luke? Is there a way to switch or do they send you the Vader one?

I'd get the Vader one regardless, but I was just wondering.

ONLY ONE BOX TYPE. I think vader is on one side, Luke ont he other.

There is FOOL-SCREEN and WIDESCREEN though (Gold and Silver boxes)

[quote name='Quackzilla']Why the hell did they pan&scan Star Wars?

And why did the pan&scan version get the gold box?[/quote]

I prefer the silver look myself. Just consider it Platinum...

[quote name='redline']Looks like a good deal. For the 10% off and free shipping coupon however, it states "This offer not valid with any other coupon, shipping coupon, or other promotions". Could the $15 rebate be considered "other promotions"? Just wondering if there will be any rebate hassles...[/quote]

You won't run into problems, they just stated that in the case of double dipping coupons online, as the system would probably block you from doing so. The rebate company could care less if you bought it for $1 or $100. People who pre-orderd Kill Bill from TWEC stores got a free poster or DVD as a promo item and still got their rebates processed.

The widescreen version has always been released in the silver/platinum box. The VHS copies of the original were released like this, as well as the special edition copies in 97.

Man am I glad I checked here! Thanks bmarquardt. Now the next question is how long will it take to arrive.

This seems to be a lot of work for a movie I've seen a million times. I don't know what to think.

I think Outpost has it listed for $36.99. I'll consider buying it there and not deal with all the rebate bullshit.

Still, I'm kinda on the fence about the whole thing

This is a pretty good deal, but I dont know if I want to buy it from them. How long does their "budget" shipping take usually?

bmarquardt:

How do you know that you don't have to cut the box to get the UPC code?
I saw the box set opened on the Screen Savers (G4TechTV) and the UPC code was definately on the underside of the box, not on the rapper. Unless the UPC code is a sticker on the box, it looks like you will need to cut it out.

[quote name='aaronprather']bmarquardt:

How do you know that you don't have to cut the box to get the UPC code?
I saw the box set opened on the Screen Savers (G4TechTV) and the UPC code was definately on the underside of the box, not on the rapper? Unless the UPC code is a sticker on the box, it looks like you will need to cut it out.[/quote]
A lot of stores put their own UPC codes on the shrink wrap, so Im guessing that is what Coconuts is doing.

This is what im getting?
Star Wars Trilogy Pre-Order 1 $49.99 $49.99
Discounts / Promotions

Discount Shipping Value Value

1st Time Purchase - Offer valid on customers first $0.00 $5.00

Gift Cards Place Your Order
To use a gift card on this order,
click the apply button below.
Subtotal $44.99
Shipping & Handling Charges $4.48
Tax $2.97
Grand Total $52.44

so with the 15 coupon, thats makes the outpost deal better...no rebate.. or am i doing something wrong?

[quote name='Theenternal']This is what im getting?
Star Wars Trilogy Pre-Order 1 $49.99 $49.99
Discounts / Promotions

Discount Shipping Value Value

1st Time Purchase - Offer valid on customers first $0.00 $5.00

Gift Cards Place Your Order
To use a gift card on this order,
click the apply button below.
Subtotal $44.99
Shipping & Handling Charges $4.48
Tax $2.97
Grand Total $52.44

so with the 15 coupon, thats makes the outpost deal better...no rebate.. or am i doing something wrong?[/quote]

I have the same problem, it looks like the free shipping is no longer valid. It looks like it's going to cost at least $35 + tax.

Updated the main post...

You have to choose BUDGET shipping to get free shipping.

There's a UPC sticker on the shrinkwrap. You don't need to cut the box. I sent the TWEC made UPC stickers for THE SIMPSONS DVDs and it worked perfectly.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Updated the main post...

You have to choose BUDGET shipping to get free shipping.

There's a UPC sticker on the shrinkwrap. You don't need to cut the box. I sent the TWEC made UPC stickers for THE SIMPSONS DVDs and it worked perfectly.[/quote]

Thank God. I would not be able to defile my box inorder to save 15 bucks. Its just not worth is to me.

I'm going to go instore at FYE (same company) $50 with the $15 mail-in rebate.

But I also have $30 in store credit (from trading in 2 $5 CC games :)

After rebate, I'll be out $8 or so plus the $10.50 at CC. I'm going to see about trading in a couple more too . . .

Not bad . . .

I just got mine from Coconuts.com in the mail. There was no UPC sticker on the shrinkwrap, but I'm consulting with forum members at DVDtalk.com for an alternative other than cutting the box. Stay tuned.

Talk about fast! I just got mine too, didn't expect it anytime soon. I don't mind cutting the UPC, it's on the bottom of the box after all.

Since Ive seen these movies a million times, I'm just going to wait for Thanksgiving sales....Theyv'e got to have some of these great dvd deals (like 30 dollars or less for the SW: trilogy) during a morning hour thanksgiving weekend sale...Besides, the rebate usually take about 2 months. So I'd say just Wait 8) . But for those who can't wait....JUMP ON IT, cuz it looks like a great deal.!!

:wink: Picked up the Trilogy today at Walmart for 40.99. They were selling the Trilogy BM at the FYE near me for 49.99 with a $15.00 mail in rebate.
My experience with FYE rebates has been awfull, you wait and wait and wait and then you have to jump through hoops to prove you never received check.Much easier for me to pay the extra 6.00 bucks.
:wink: :wink:

Updated the main post (see 2nd update) on alternatives to cutting the box. Also posted the nex expiration dates for this, as this deal is still valid for those who have yet to purchase it.

[quote name='bmarquardt']OVERALL: Some of these are heresy, it's up to you to decide what to do.
[/b][/quote]

FYI it should be 'hearsay'

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hearsay

1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.

NOT 'heresy'

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=heresy

1. An opinion or a doctrine at variance with established religious beliefs, especially dissension from or denial of Roman Catholic dogma by a professed believer or baptized church member.

So all I need to do is get the bottom photocopied and send that in with all my other info? That's a lot better than cutting it up since there's no sticker on the wrapper/box.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']So all I need to do is get the bottom photocopied and send that in with all my other info? That's a lot better than cutting it up since there's no sticker on the wrapper/box.[/quote]

It's up to you. It's seems like faxing in your rebate request with a scan or copy of the UPC code would be best. If you can get Coconuts.com to credit you $15 via a request through email, that would be even better (explain you don't want to mutilate your box and would prefer a $15 credit instead of the rebate). YMMV on that route, though, but it has worked for a few.

[quote name='bmarquardt'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']So all I need to do is get the bottom photocopied and send that in with all my other info? That's a lot better than cutting it up since there's no sticker on the wrapper/box.[/quote]

It's up to you. It's seems like faxing in your rebate request with a scan or copy of the UPC code would be best. If you can get Coconuts.com to credit you $15 via a request through email, that would be even better (explain you don't want to mutilate your box and would prefer a $15 credit instead of the rebate). YMMV on that route, though, but it has worked for a few.[/quote]

I just e-mailed them, so if it doesn't work then I'll just get it photocopied and send that in. Thanks for the help.

Here is the reply I got back from them:
Please include the following line in all replies.
Tracking number: TT20040927_0000007342

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us. We apologize but we will be unable
to accept copies of the UPC code for rebate redemption. As stated
on the rebate form available at the time of purchase, only the
original UPC code will be accepted.
Thank You,

This sux, I don't really wanna destroy the box for this.

[quote name='kaoticeyes']Here is the reply I got back from them:
Please include the following line in all replies.
Tracking number: TT20040927_0000007342

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us. We apologize but we will be unable
to accept copies of the UPC code for rebate redemption. As stated
on the rebate form available at the time of purchase, only the
original UPC code will be accepted.
Thank You,

This sux, I don't really wanna destroy the box for this.[/quote]

They're (Coconuts.com) sending back canned responses to some people. Coconuts and the rebate company are two different animals. Copy and paste the reply given from the rebate company that's in my first post and send it in along with your faxed rebate request.

Just use a razor blade and cut the UPC out. It won't destroy the box, it will still hold the DVD cases fine. Since it's on the bottom it won't even be noticeable on your shelf. It's not like these things are going to appreciate in value anyways.

bread's done
Back