Star Wars Trilogy Free @ GameStop with 3 DVD Trade-In YMMV

s0undwav3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
Well, if no one believes me, I'll scan in my receipt, but I went to the Alexandria, VA Gamestop and traded 3 DVD's in and have a rceipt that shows each DVD was like a trade in value of $16.34 and so...at the end it shows I owe $0.00 for Star Wars WS DVD....

SUPER HOT!

Yes, please elaborate. What did the signage say? What restrictions? Spit or swallow? im just curious on how the hell they can do that

I recall the promotion being "Trade 3 DVDs, recieve $20 off Star Wars Trilogy". A reciept scan would be much appreciated.

i'm saying BS for now, but if this is true, i might trade in those crappy VHS DVD versions of the star wars movies i got off of ebay..... they're legal, right?

[quote name='s0undwav3']Well, if no one believes me, I'll scan in my receipt, but I went to the Alexandria, VA Gamestop and traded 3 DVD's in and have a rceipt that shows each DVD was like a trade in value of $16.34 and so...at the end it shows I owe $0.00 for Star Wars WS DVD....

SUPER HOT![/quote]

Weren't you at the Target at Reston last week? Now you're in Alexandria? That's 30-40 miles away. You're all over the place! :lol:

[quote name='uesc']i'm saying BS for now, but if this is true, i might trade in those crappy VHS DVD versions of the star wars movies i got off of ebay..... they're legal, right?[/quote]

Illegal, pirated movies? No, I don't think they'll accept those.... :roll:

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Illegal, pirated movies? No, I don't think they'll accept those.... :roll:[/quote]

Goddamn Cornfed, get a sense of humor. He was obviously joking when he said, "They're legal... right?" :lol:

Sorry to burst bubbles guys, but this is, at least at teh one I work at, a trade in 3 DVDs (no exceptions) and get $20 off the Star Wars Trilogy DVD.

You seem to have just gotten a mildly retarded employee, it happens sometimes ;)

[quote name='jt2k3']Sorry to burst bubbles guys, but this is, at least at teh one I work at, a trade in 3 DVDs (no exceptions) and get $20 off the Star Wars Trilogy DVD.

You seem to have just gotten a mildly retarded employee, it happens sometimes ;)[/quote]

I can confirm that. That's been the deal in place for a month or so now. Trade in 3 DVD's and get the SW Trilogy for like $20. And yes, lots of retarded customers.

But on the positive side, I took a look into this week's marketing kit that is going up Tues or Wednes in stores. The new trade in deal for DVDs is......

Trade in any 3 DVD's and get...... (DVD must have a listing in our system)
Spider-man 2
or
Shrek 2
or
Van Helsing

There ya go! Get some cheap-ass DVD's and get your Spidey 2 at Gamestop!

[quote name='Lord_Kefka'][quote name='jt2k3']Sorry to burst bubbles guys, but this is, at least at teh one I work at, a trade in 3 DVDs (no exceptions) and get $20 off the Star Wars Trilogy DVD.

You seem to have just gotten a mildly retarded employee, it happens sometimes ;)[/quote]

I can confirm that. That's been the deal in place for a month or so now. Trade in 3 DVD's and get the SW Trilogy for like $20. And yes, lots of retarded customers.

But on the positive side, I took a look into this week's marketing kit that is going up Tues or Wednes in stores. The new trade in deal for DVDs is......

Trade in any 3 DVD's and get...... (DVD must have a listing in our system)
Spider-man 2
or
Shrek 2
or
Van Helsing

There ya go! Get some cheap-ass DVD's and get your Spidey 2 at Gamestop![/quote]

Even if I just got three cheap dvd's for about 5 bucks a piece, Best Buy is just going to sell the dvd for 15 or 16 bucks to begin with, so it's not really worth the trouble.

[quote name='jt2k3']Sorry to burst bubbles guys, but this is, at least at teh one I work at, a trade in 3 DVDs (no exceptions) and get $20 off the Star Wars Trilogy DVD.

How much is GameStop selling Star Wars Trilogy WS for?

my gamestop has this deal.. which maybe the same for you..
trade in 3 dvds and get SW DvD collection for 29 bucks..
this is what you got I assume..

Yah theres no way thats true. You either got like 16 dollars a piece, not 16 dollars for all 3, and getting 16 a piece is very very eare, unless you like trade in XFiles or Sopranos box sets.

And even getiing 16 a piece on 3 dvds is kind of cheap for it at Gamestop. I assume Gamestp sells it for $50.

[quote name='s0undwav3']Well, if no one believes me, I'll scan in my receipt, but I went to the Alexandria, VA Gamestop and traded 3 DVD's in and have a rceipt that shows each DVD was like a trade in value of $16.34 and so...at the end it shows I owe $0.00 for Star Wars WS DVD....

SUPER HOT![/quote]

Well for all of you that don't believe....here's my receipt cheap bastards. And yes I was in Reston that last week but that's where I work....and I live in Arlington, which is only 20 miles away, not 30 or 40.

GameStop-SWDVD.jpg.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~mlarmie/GameStop-SWDVD.jpg.jpg

[quote name='buster90']Is this deal YMMV?[/quote]

Yes apparently I'm the only one in the whole country who got this deal. I asked my friend that reserved it at the same store about 4 days before me and he only got $20 off. I think I got a dumb employee that made good for me.... LOL. I love it. And I got the DVD's already, so they can't go and edit their mistake.

The only thing I dont believe is that they let you have it earlier than tues, but I can imagine that any dumb employee could make that mistake or look over it.
Kudos to your deal.

[quote name='basketkase543']Congrats on the deal, you're lucky to walk away with it.[/quote]

I never run out of luck. I've previously won a top of the line 5.1 Pioneer Sound System that ran over $1200 about a year ago, a GameCube, an Xbox, and a host of other things I just put in my business cards or put my name into drawings and I win just about anything I enter. I even bought some ice cream once and opened the box and won a 4 foot circle pool. I actually asked for the cash instead of the prize since I lived in an APT at that time. I think that store is just filled with cool people that let me have the DVD for free....so I think I'll visit that store more often now.

[quote name='TheRaven']Maybe he felt bad that you had actually owned One Night at McCool's[/quote]

Whatever man. 1) it was a gift from some friend 2) it helped me to get SW DVD for free . So what do you have against that? I guess since you're not the one lucky enough to get them for free, u're all against me owning it.

[quote name='Arakias']The only thing I dont believe is that they let you have it earlier than tues[/quote]

He doesn't have it yet. He only reserved it. He'll be able to pick it up when it arrives Tuesday.

And s0undwav3, nobody thought you were lying. It's just that it's so insanely YMMV that it isn't really worth posting as a deal. It's really more of a bragging right.

So you got Star Wars for free AND $50 in trade-in credit.... mm-hmmmm

edit - I'm not making a verdict either way... but if you zoom in closely on those numbers.. the Gamestop script on the back of the paper gets very fuzzy (typical result of a fairly good but not great photoshopper)

with luck like that, it will someday turn around on you and you will have incredibly bad luck to even out all the good luck you have enjoyed. This is why I'm super happy my luck is incredibly bad, that way I have all the good luck to look forward to someday. Yay.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']So you got Star Wars for free AND $50 in trade-in credit.... mm-hmmm.[/quote]

No, he just got $50 credit to use for Star Wars. The $0.00 on his receipt is the reserve SKU. It always shows as $0.00, regardless of the amount of credit you actually have applied.

Well today, as confirmed, I picked up my reserved copy of Star Wars DVD Trilogy and received it for free. I even forgot to bring my wallet and was thinking I'd be screwed if they asked for $31.49 (incl. tax) but nope, even it was another employee that did everything for me. I asked how many people took advantage of the offer, and they told me I was the only one in the store. Wow...what luck. I'm now very satisfied at Gamestop.

[quote name='JibbaJabba']is this deal still going on?[/quote]

No, this deal is gone now because it was for pre-orders only. Now that it is out, there is no deal. You can't pre-order now.

bread's done
Back