Star Wars Trilogy on DVD already the top selling DVD ever!!

Southberm

CAGiversary!
Seeing how the dvd box set(which includes a demo of star wars battlefront) doesnt even come out till september 21, the folks at lucasarts must be pretty happy right about...........wait for it................and......now

Wait, a PLAYABLE demo of Battlefront? Damn, gonna have to exercise ole sticky fingers :twisted: cuz there ain't no way in hell my parents are gonna buy that and neither am I.

They don't know if the demo is playable or not yet. It just says '15 minute demo'. But it also says 'only for Xbox.'

episodes 4,5, and 6 are going to be in the box set. Its a 4 disc set with the 3 movies and an extras dvd that will have behind the scenes, interviews and shit like that. Gamespot also said that it will have a demo for StarWars Battlefront. Dunno if its playable though :(

Sheesh...Star Wars fans are more obsessive than I thought. Can't you just wait a few months and buy it when it goes on sale at Best Buy and Target?

CheapyD posted a link not too long ago with a good deal on a pre-order. List price is something like $70. Pre-order for $48. Damn right I'm pre-ordering that bitch.

I think that buying fullscreen on movies especially ones as classic and revolutionary as this, ruins the movie experience and makes it feel like im watching it on STARZ

[quote name='TomCloud9']I hope they put the cartoon network episodes, on dvd too. that would be sweet to have.[/quote]

they are, scrubking started a thread about it.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']78 bucks for those old ass movies no way!

42 sounds good but I'll just wait for opening week and get it at walmart for cheepy![/quote]

I have been pretty upset at wallmart dvd prices lately. New releases aren't as cheap as they use to be. Deepdiscountdvd.com ships from Illinois so I get the stuff next day anyway.

There should be NO fullscreen editions for this set. I don't care what anyone says.

And $42 is likely as good as it'll get brand new. That's a touch over $10 a disc at that price.

[quote name='PsyClerk']There should be NO fullscreen editions for this set. I don't care what anyone says.[/quote]
I agree, and how could they make the FS case gold and the WS edition silver. dont feel right buying a "silver" edition. Eh whatever

[quote name='Southberm']I agree, and how could they make the FS case gold and the WS edition silver. dont feel right buying a "silver" edition. Eh whatever[/quote]

It's for the yokels that will troll Wal-Mart (no offense to MrHockey) and say "look ma! Golden DVDs!" You know, the people who don't care how mangled their movies and/or music are, as long as the price is rolled back.

I doubt it will be even close to $42. This set will be a huge money maker for CC BB Target and Wally World. Maybe $59.99.

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Southberm']I agree, and how could they make the FS case gold and the WS edition silver. dont feel right buying a "silver" edition. Eh whatever[/quote]

It's for the yokels that will troll Wal-Mart (no offense to MrHockey) and say "look ma! Golden DVDs!" You know, the people who don't care how mangled their movies and/or music are, as long as the price is rolled back.[/quote]
I dont even think theres a WalMart within 50 miles of where I live. So im not too farmiliar with mid-western people and some of their habits for staring at "shiny things"(no offense to mid-westerns)

[quote name='BigNick']I doubt it will be even close to $42. This set will be a huge money maker for CC BB Target and Wally World. Maybe $59.99.[/quote]
What the hell is Wally World?

The info page at starwars.com said it would be digitally remastered for dvd. I hope its re-edited b/c wouldnt they have just said special edition starwars

[quote name='Southberm'][quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Southberm']I agree, and how could they make the FS case gold and the WS edition silver. dont feel right buying a "silver" edition. Eh whatever[/quote]

It's for the yokels that will troll Wal-Mart (no offense to MrHockey) and say "look ma! Golden DVDs!" You know, the people who don't care how mangled their movies and/or music are, as long as the price is rolled back.[/quote]
I dont even think theres a WalMart within 50 miles of where I live. So im not too farmiliar with mid-western people and some of their habits for staring at "shiny things"(no offense to mid-westerns)[/quote]

This one walmart I went to in Cali was like Mexico.

[quote name='StarWars.com']Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi will be available in a four-disc set that includes a bonus disc filled with all-new special features -- including the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced about the Star Wars saga and never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films. Each of the three films in the Star Wars Trilogy has been digitally restored and re-mastered by THX for superior sound and picture quality.

"First and foremost, the DVDs will deliver the very best possible sound and picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer. On top of that, we are creating added-value material that gets inside the creation of the Star Wars films in a fresh and fun way," Ward said. "We want watching this DVD collection to be as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time."

[/quote]
This sounds like more than just the special edition StarWars

[quote name='Southberm']Star Wars Trilogy on DVD already the top selling DVD ever!![/quote]

I hope this doesn't mean more Star Wars games.

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='Southberm']Star Wars Trilogy on DVD already the top selling DVD ever!![/quote]

I hope this doesn't mean more Star Wars games.[/quote]

You gotta be kidding, They have been coming out like 4 a year for the last I cant even cout how many years!

What if more Star Wars games meant KOTOR 2? Plus that Battlefront looks sweet. And there's another Star Wars game on the way that is supposed to be good.

[quote name='PsyClerk']What if more Star Wars games meant KOTOR 2? Plus that Battlefront looks sweet. And there's another Star Wars game on the way that is supposed to be good.[/quote]
I think a KOTOR 2 could be in the works. And StarWars: Republic Commando comin for Xbox looks really sick.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='Southberm'][quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Southberm']I agree, and how could they make the FS case gold and the WS edition silver. dont feel right buying a "silver" edition. Eh whatever[/quote]

I dont even think theres a WalMart within 50 miles of where I live. So im not too farmiliar with mid-western people and some of their habits for staring at "shiny things"(no offense to mid-westerns)[/quote]

This one walmart I went to in Cali was like Mexico.[/quote]
Yea its a Wall-Mart
A.K.A
Pared-Centro comercial

Well the paragraph above didn't come out and say "special editions" so maybe there is still hope.

Anyway, what the hell is wrong with star wars games? :roll:

[quote name='Scrubking']Well the paragraph above didn't come out and say "special editions" so maybe there is still hope.

Anyway, what the hell is wrong with star wars games? :roll:[/quote]

There are some decent Star Wars games (and great), but many times the Star Wars lisence is used to sell a mediocre game and it works every time. People will buy anything with Star Wars attached to it. The movies, atleast the ones that were good, are thirty years old, lets move on. Do we really need 4-5 Star Wars games a year?

[quote name='Scrubking']Well the paragraph above didn't come out and say "special editions" so maybe there is still hope.

Anyway, what the hell is wrong with star wars games? :roll:[/quote]

I never really liked any of them. The Jedi Acadamy was pretty good. It's live so that makes it better. Will prob pick it up when it gets cheaper.

1. there should not be full screen copies of anything made. unless it was shot in full screen, then, you know, widescreen would be stupid (although someone once tried to tell me that technically if a movie is shot pan & scan it's widescreen, since that's as wide as it gets, though i really don't care about the technicalities).

2. i'm pretty sure, from talking with various people, that this star wars box is the special editions of the films. although i'm not a star wars fan by any means, i'll be upset if they don't release the original versions based on principle alone. kind of like american graffiti. george lucas is kind of a jerk.

it's like that south park episode.

[quote name='thatstoobad']1. there should not be full screen copies of anything made. unless it was shot in full screen, then, you know, widescreen would be stupid (although someone once tried to tell me that technically if a movie is shot pan & scan it's widescreen, since that's as wide as it gets, though i really don't care about the technicalities).

2. i'm pretty sure, from talking with various people, that this star wars box is the special editions of the films. although i'm not a star wars fan by any means, i'll be upset if they don't release the original versions based on principle alone. kind of like american graffiti. george lucas is kind of a jerk.

it's like that south park episode.[/quote]

Y
a lucas' cornyness showed in the special editions. They were still good though. and for $42 you cant really go wrong. Thats 6 hours of entertainment for around $7 an hour....

Most star wars games are good, except for obi-wan, and that fighting one. Kotor 2 is in the works. It'll be shown at E3, and featured in the next EGM.

As of right now it doesn't seem like they are releasing the originals, which of course is unfortunate.

For some reason, some people think that widescreen edition dvd's can only be viewed on widescreen TV's. :roll:

I actually like the widescreen's silver box better than the gold. I can't believe I have to wait until the end of September to get it. I have the original VHS lying around somwhere... :)

why is everyone so against the special editions? ive seen both versions, and its not like et where spielburg took out guns or anything major like that, he added a few scenes that flesh out the story.

im gonna pre-order this too. BB has it for 45 w/ free shipping, so i may get it there or amazon.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']why is everyone so against the special editions? ive seen both versions, and its not like et where spielburg took out guns or anything major like that, he added a few scenes that flesh out the story.
[/quote]

I don't mind the SE. I just felt that some of the stuff they added was unnecessary. However, they did clean up a lot of the shots, like you can't see the screens around the TIE fighters, and the Death Star explosion is much bigger. I'm an old-school fan (as I'm sure are many others), but I only like episodes 4-6. I thought they should've been left untouched.

But you're right Sneaky, they aren't that bad. I just liked them "as is". It reflected the time period, gave it a very unique feel to it. But they're still the same movies. I still preordered the set from Amazon, because I've been waiting for a long time for these to come onto DVD.

From what I've read, it sounds like the movies will be a "better" version of the Special Edition films. Lucas has made a few changes that have already hit the internet - the video of the Emperor as a hologram, for example, is now actually Ian McDonald instead of the no-name actor it was before.

We'll see...still, does it really matter? The majority of the films has been left unchanged, and we won't be getting the original versions on DVD for a long time, if at all.

Eh. They should just include full screen, wide screen, original, and SE editions on a super collection to make everyone happy.

But wait - they'd lose money! Bad idea!

Some notable changes include:

Greedo no longer will shoot first in IV

They will be redoing the CG, i.e the scene with Han walking with Jabba at the spaceport will not look lame and out of place anymore.

[quote name='WildWop']Some notable changes include:

Greedo no longer will shoot first in IV

They will be redoing the CG, i.e the scene with Han walking with Jabba at the spaceport will not look lame and out of place anymore.[/quote]

They are fixing the Greedo thing back so Han shoots first (according to IGN) and I can agree with changing the part with Han walking with the fat guy as it is much better

bread's done
Back