Star Wars Xbox 360 Bundle for Star Wars Kinect

Taboner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0050SY300/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

star-wars-kinect-bundle-1311273024.jpg

starwars-kinect-01.jpg

$449 this fall and comes with the LE console, matching white Kinect, and of course the game. Oh and it has custom sounds and a blue light :)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/21/microsoft-reveals-droid-themed-xbox-360-bundle-for-star-wars-kin/

Pre-order it now on Amazon!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='opterasis']Okay, now that thing is sexy. The C3PO controller can die in a fire though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that kinda threw it off for me. Imagine R2's head as the controller. That'd be sick.

[quote name='Taboner']Yeah that kinda threw it off for me. Imagine R2's head as the controller. That'd be sick.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking maybe Millennium Falcon textured. I'm not gonna lie, I've held the controller from the battery pack, and thought it looked like a spaceship.

not surprised they released a new console with 320gb hd, been rumors about this for awhile. hopefully they release another controller,with the new joystick design, sold separately besides that silver monochromatic controller, which just looks plain wrong without colored buttons.

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan and I really, really want that. $450 is a dealbreaker for me, though, since it's tough to justify that for what would be my third 360.

Still, easily the best special console Microsoft has released, hands down.

Drop the Kinect and the price and it would be an insta buy (Don't need a 2nd kinect-no digging on Kinect)

Humm..too bad it is a post- xmas release or it might be a hot holiday item that could be sold to offset the cost of one for myself.

That could be the best official 360 case I have ever seen.

I am pretty sure that will sell out quick..

320 gb!?!?!?!! Come on MS...stop this shit.

I'm not going to lie...I think I have to buy that console. I love everything star wars related...I also love me some R2D2!!!

Ok, Im officially involved in this thread now. and I wanna get some discussion going.

I am deciding if I want to get this or the new Gears 3 version.

This one is sweety and all but it stick out like a ketchup stain on a white shirt. The controller is the main draw, there is about a 85% chance that they will release these controller individually like they do with all the other ones.

While on the other hand, the gears one looks WAY BADA**!!!! its red and black and has the two controllers and the game. And its cheaper than the star wars one, yes it doesnt have a kinect but i can count on less than 1 finger how many times ive used mine

Im probably gonna end up trying to get the gears one

It is nice, but I don't really care for that star wars game or the kinect in general. Not hating, just I have a small room.

What I'm more curious on, is if the 320 GB HD is going to become standard. If so, I may have to jump on that if they start putting those in. Wouldn't mind upgrading my size since I may need a new console soon anyways.

Son of a B. I'm trying to pull myself away from SW as my growing disgust with everything clone wars is reaching a fever pitch. But, I'm a lifelong SW fan and worship the OT. This is like a fanboys wet dream come true. I don't think I'll be able to say no. I just need to preorder it and start looking into how much I can get for my 120 gb elite and kinect on ebay, to see how i can offset the cost of this bad boy.

ehh. the price is wrong, the 320gb is not necessary, especially since this star wars game is more of a kids game, what kid is gonna use up 320gbs? i'm interested but not for that price. the only thing i really need (or, want... but i need it) is that controller, and i'll get that when they release that seperately.

what im thinking is I am gonna sell my 250 GB slim with Kinect for hopefully within reach of 300 in Early September, and then get the Gears one.

Kinects are lame sauce....

man, that's pretty hot...the only down side is the nyko slim cooler won't look all that sexah on R2. can't justify spending that much on another xbox...tbh, I really want it for the R2 sound efx.

How come they can give this console a powered on blue LED, but not give the Gears of War console a red powered on LED? Just have that Gears of War console go yellow if there is a system failure, like it's going lambent.

I think they don't want anyone to ever see a red light coming out of their xbox unless it's time to replace it.

Def loving the console, but no interest in the Kinect, nor the game, and the controller is kinda Meh as well. Would totally consider buying if it was just the console, but the extras are not worth it, IMHO.

[quote name='JStryke']It is nice, but I don't really care for that star wars game or the kinect in general. Not hating, just I have a small room.

What I'm more curious on, is if the 320 GB HD is going to become standard. If so, I may have to jump on that if they start putting those in. Wouldn't mind upgrading my size since I may need a new console soon anyways.[/QUOTE]

if the modern warfare 2 bundle was any indication....then yes. mw2 featured a 250gb hd iirc and they released a standalone hard drive and used it in the slim.

i wish the controller was matte instead of glossy as pictured here

http://gizmodo.com/5823442/star-wars-xbox/gallery/27

this article also talks about how they decided to choose glossy over matte and other details about the bundle

After much deliberation, I have decided to NOT get this. First, you need to understand, I'm a 34 year old life-long Star Wars diehard fanboy. I heart the OT. Second, I've been gaming for 30 years and these are my two loves (outside of my wife and kids, of course). So, this would seem like the perfect union of my favorite geeky things.

But, I just want my xbox to feel "xboxish". I want the green light. I want the normal xbox sounds, because that's what makes the xbox experience what it is. It's not the cost that's keeping me back. So, now I just have to decide if it's worth it to keep the preorder to sell off pieces of the bundle for profit.

If it was sans the shitty kinect game and the shitty kinect itself (and thus $299), I'd be all about it. As it stands, I'll be sticking with the Gears 3 bundle.

[quote name='llcooljunr']Best place to preorder... Amazon or Bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

I would say Amazon since there is no sales-tax for the most part.

I would love it without the Kinect and game honestly, Guess I could sell that separately when it comes out. How ever, It will be mine! Going to pre-order tomorrow!

I might have to justify this one, under the guise that this will be a xmas present for my daughter.

The white kinect may pull some money by itself on eBay and help offset the cost... as long as MS doesn't plan on releasing a white one solo at some point between now and then.

[quote name='doubledown']Any idea how "Limited" this will be?[/QUOTE]

their console runs are pretty limited . mw2 and halo reach sold out pretty quickly from what i remember.

bread's done
Back