Star Wars XBox 360 Limited Edition Console?

DealHunter

CAGiversary!
Just wanted to get CAGs opinion on whether the Star Wars limited edition console is likely the last update of the Xbox 360 console? It would really suck to purchase this and then a year from now we get a Halo 5 Limited Edition console or an updated Elite version with a 1 Terabyte hard drive. The design is tempting, but for me hard drive size means more. Thanks.

I highly doubt it's the last update on the console. However, if you're holding out for a 1TB hard drive, don't hold your breath. The next logical size increase would be to 500 GB.

Either way, the console has been pushed back indefinitely until they fix the Kinect Star Wars game, which leaves me disappointed. I really wanted that before the year was out.

[quote name='thecoryjihad']I highly doubt it's the last update on the console. However, if you're holding out for a 1TB hard drive, don't hold your breath. The next logical size increase would be to 500 GB.

Either way, the console has been pushed back indefinitely until they fix the Kinect Star Wars game, which leaves me disappointed. I really wanted that before the year was out.[/QUOTE]

thecoryjihad the more I think about it I have to agree with you. Microsoft's Shane Kim said he sees a 10 year life cycle for the XBox 360. So, you likely have at least two years for another console update. And like you said that his highly probable. But, man that R2-D2 console looks sweet. MUST BE PATIENT.

Seeing how the PS2 keep getting new models after PS3 came out, we are far from seeing the last update.

It may not be the last, but it's certainly by far the best. Sounds like it should be out in February.

I'm curious to see how much the should-have-been-a-Millenium-Falcon white Kinect will sell for on the secondary market.

[quote name='62t']and you can upgrade the HDD if a bigger one come out later on[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. Sell the other one and it should cost you more than maybe $80 or so to upgrade in the future, and then you do not have to worry about a bigger HDD anyways.

You all make some great points. I am guessing the XBox 360 will get one last update. The Star Wars edition is tempting but I would prefer the final version of the console. I forgot you could update the XBox 360's hard drive, but then that's another $100 on top of everything else. And, who knows they may improve the design of the console, and I prefer not going through the hassle of reselling. So, looks like I am going to wait this one out. But, that Star Wars edition is going to sell for major cash on eBay down the line.

bread's done
Back