Starcraft 2-$50 Shipped @ Amazon

However much SCII was worth the $60, I feel that it should have been $50 from the start.

Thanks for the heads up!

All I know is I've had the game for a few weeks now and already logged over 100 hours... that's more than I can say for 99% of the games that are released these days. Easily worth the MSRP, but DEFINITELY worth it for a deal.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been trying to get it at Kmart with a raincheck for the $39.99 price tag, but it didn't work out. I'm fine with $10 more, since I have $25 in amazon credit.

Nice find. I wonder how this will be priced when the expansions come out.

I'm personally not a fan of the new game though, think I'll just use a friend's account to play the campaign ;)

[quote name='MagicChicken']However much SCII was worth the $60, I feel that it should have been $50 from the start.[/QUOTE]Yeah, but Blizzard games have a habit of giving players a lot for their money. Not many companies consistently make games that have a 10+ year lifespan.

I have to admit...I just can't get over the fact that it's $60 and only includes the human campaign when the original included all three (as well as numerous other RTS's released since then with multiple campaigns). I love Blizzard, don't get me wrong, but it scares me that other companies may start doing the same thing or holding back other campaigns for expansions.

Anyway, it's a buy for me at some point but at this rate unless it drops below $50 I'll probably just hope for a good Black Friday sale. $40 for one campaign I can handle. And yes I know the MP is time consuming and the main story is long and detailed...but so was the first one.

Years a go Monkey Island told me not to pay more than $20 for a video game and so have I been following so.
Games such as Halo, Call of Duty and Starcraft are exceptions and may have the $35 limit.
Black Friday, I rely on you.

[quote name='Shady Hombre']I still get the feeling that my still-sealed purchase of the CE is gonna become stupid on Black Friday or something.[/QUOTE]

Can't say I ever remember a collector's edition being marked down specifically for Black Friday... someone, anyone feel free to point something out to me.

[quote name='cRodz']50 dollars for a computer game?

shouldnt THIS price be the MSRP to begin with?

oh right..Activision and Blizzy[/QUOTE]

Medal of Honor and Doom 3 (At launch) would like a word with you.

Anyone who thinks this is a new thing started by Activision needs to get their facts checked.

I can't believe people are bitching about the price of a game that's going to be around for YEARS to come, but no one has problems with CoD4 being $60 at launch and it's pretty much replaced by another CoD in a year or two...

bread's done
Back