Starcraft 2 CE still in stock at Wal-Mart.com

Monsta Mack

CAGiversary!
Some might not consider this a deal since It's MSRP, but right now looking at Amazon, Newegg and Bestbuy and Gamestop.com they are all out of the collectors edition.

There is tax and It's $1 to ship to your home.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/StarCraft-II-Wings-of-Liberty-CE-PC-PC-Games/14291360

Right now eBay prices are fluctuating between $120-$150 in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Starcraft-II-..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1280508817&sr=8-2 Amazon has it in stock as well ATM. Wal-Mart was OOS but went back in stock as of 1pm Eastern 7/30/2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Ummm.... I went to both of my Best Buy and Target stores today, and they ALL have plenty of copies.

I don't understand why people thought this is even sold out? NOT by a long shot!

People paying for that much on Ebay are REALLY REALLY DUMB! What has this world come to? :/

STOP being idiots, or being lazy. Drive to some stores, I am pretty sure you will find a copy for without paying $20+ more !

And why am I even giving you this tip? You could just being a dumb victim of EBay/Amazon greeder for all I care, and I get myself a clearanced out copy at Best Buy/Target down the road... :/

[quote name='tyrone888']Seen shelf loads of CEs at Fry's if you have one near by. Not limited whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Yea same. I was concerned that they would be limited.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']So they're not limited? Just wait awhile for deal?[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would.

The only problem is will other people wait for a deal or not?

I don't know they will produce more, but at least 5-7 copies each store as fas as I seen.

But, logically, if Amazon is getting MORE copies, we should know that it's not that limited.

It's Utterly sad that there are that many greedy ass people that want to make over $30 on fools willing to pay that much on games that still exist plenty in every B&M stores!!!

Look on Ebay/Amazon... a used copy ALONE for $120

Hope to God they DON'T succeed :|

[quote name='SuperJedi']It's pretty sad that there are that many greedy ass people that want to make over $30 on fools willing to pay that much on games that still exist plenty in every B&M stores!!![/QUOTE]

I dont blame those "greedy ass people" when the "foolish" buyers are willing to purchase games for over MSRP.

[quote name='addicted2games']I dont blame those "greedy ass people" when the "foolish" buyers are willing to purchase games for over MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, as a True gamer (CHEAP ASS, I might add), not a $$$ horder, I really HATE that kind of practice myself!

When people do greedy things like that, it generally creates a FALSE sense of demand and supply, and that REALLY hurts us Cheap Ass gamers!

But we will both agree that the buyers are the MORE foolish ones. The greedy ASS sellers just ruin it for true gamers!

Not really, it's a false sense of supply and demand. So instead of buying it on ebay just buy it from the many stores that have plenty of them in stock. I'm willing to bet there will be plenty of these around and they'll have to slowly lower the cost to get rid of them, even though they are selling for more than MSRP on ebay, right now.

[quote name='SuperJedi']It's Utterly sad that there are that many greedy ass people that want to make over $30 on fools willing to pay that much on games that still exist plenty in every B&M stores!!!

Look on Ebay/Amazon... a used copy ALONE for $120

Hope to God they DON'T succeed :|[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight. It's wrong for someone (like me) to buy a game and sell it for profit, BUT it's not wrong for Best Buy, Gamestop or any other retailer to do the same? Yeah, way to have a double standard there. I guess everyone should start selling their shit at cost so people like you can buy items at retail prices. It's not my fault they (or you for that matter) didn't preorder the game and are now crying about not being able to find it for MSRP.

Too bad I don't feel like getting my digital camera downstairs or I might show you the 20 copies I have of a certain game that was on sale for a pretty good price recently. *Hint* CAGs were complaining about it going OOS really quickly.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Let me get this straight. It's wrong for someone (like me) to buy a game and sell it for profit, BUT it's not wrong for Best Buy, Gamestop or any other retailer to do the same? Yeah, way to have a double standard there. I guess everyone should start selling their shit at cost so people like you can buy items at retail prices. It's not my fault they (or you for that matter) didn't preorder the game and are now crying about not being able to find it for MSRP.

Too bad I don't feel like getting my digital camera downstairs or I might show you the 20 copies I have of a certain game that was on sale for a pretty good price recently. *Hint* CAGs were complaining about it going OOS really quickly.[/QUOTE]

Well, that sure was an illogical comparison.

I can't tell if you were serious or not.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Ummm, as a True gamer (CHEAP ASS, I might add), not a $$$ horder, I really HATE that kind of practice myself!

When people do greedy things like that, it generally creates a FALSE sense of demand and supply, and that REALLY hurts us Cheap Ass gamers!

But we will both agree that the buyers are the MORE foolish ones. The greedy ASS sellers just ruin it for true gamers![/QUOTE]

Given those who do flip items (games in this case) for profit only account for a small percentage of the consumers as a whole, the market is not affected. The stupidity of the average consumer allows us to be Cheap Ass Gamers!

NO one is crying about not find it! It's still plenty left !!!
Someone set us up the bomb!

I think folks are a little too quick to pat themselves on the back over how smart they are and how stupid everyone else is... from my experience it's usually people from other countries who are paying above retail for something like this.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Ummm, as a True gamer (CHEAP ASS, I might add), not a $$$ horder, I really HATE that kind of practice myself!

But we will both agree that the buyers are the MORE foolish ones. The greedy ASS sellers just ruin it for true gamers![/QUOTE]

I dont even really see what you're talking about. I dont see how it hurts anyone or makes the seller some kind of fake gamer or whatever you're trying to say.

If someone is willing to pay extra for something I'm going to sell it for extra. That's really not greed it's just common sense. Do you expect ebay sellers (or anyone else) to say something like "I'd make $10 off this if you buy it at this price so I'm going to lower the price for you and make nothing instead!" Who the hell would do that?

Also you probably don't realize the charges sellers have to pay to ebay and paypal, not to mention packaging and shipping costs.

Ah it's Super Jedi again...how shocking.

The padawan was preaching this same stuff on Jodou's old topic (SC2 CE at Gamestop for $79.99).

Hey "Jedi", give it a rest. Whether this game is or is not limited doesn't mean you have to come to every thread preaching your "holier-than-thou, I'm a real cheap gamer, blah, blah, blah".

Damn man, we get it...you want to wait until it's cheaper. Awesome! Others may not. And if people want to buy 1000 of these CE's and sell them off for $500 each, more power to them. It's called capitalism....and you live in that system. If you don't like it....go live in a communist society like Cuba, North Vietnam, or China.

In other words....fuck off!

[quote name='Gamepolice']Is the CE version any good?[/QUOTE]

I bought it, but it won't arrive until Monday. But let's compare the two versions.

The standard version comes in a cardboard box, not a DVD case. It has a flimsy bare-bones manual and the game comes in a sleeve...not even a jewel case.

The CE comes in a heavy-duty and detailed package. It comes with the game in a DVD case with art cover, a behind the scenes making of DVD, soundtrack CD in jewel case w/ cover, a metal 2GB USB stick shaped like a dog tag w/chain (USB contains original SC and expansion games), SC2 prequel comic book volume 0 in a sleeve, a 176 page hardcover art book, and a few SC2 and WOW guest passes.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention it comes with a Thor pet for WOW and for Battle.net, exclusive downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the Terran Thor unit

The CE costs $40 more...and I personally think it's worth it for what you get. I jumped on it since i was able to take $20 off and get it for $79.99 (thanks to Jodou).

Here's an unboxing video in HD from IGN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t17EwIGAY-w

[quote name='Gamepolice']Is the CE version any good?[/QUOTE]

It's fucking incredible. Most of it you can see through the unboxing but a few important highlights that many don't know are:

-The soundtrack is performed with real instruments as is fantastic.
-The USB "dogtag" is metal. I mean it's actual metal and heavy as hell. It also lights up in a relatively cool fashion when active.
-The art book is mostly art which is both good and bad.

otherwise there's the comic, the hours of extras on DVD, the CE extras for Battlenet, full versions of SC and Broodwar and the pretty nice collectible box.

It's expensive at 100 bucks but I have never seen a more compelling CE near that price.

the usb drive is as fricking HEAVY! - was not expecting it at ALL

The box is also pretty heavy/sturdy this cardboard

I heard the artbook was disappointing though, I've yet to open mine

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Ah it's Super Jedi again...how shocking.

The padawan was preaching this same stuff on Jodou's old topic (SC2 CE at Gamestop for $79.99).

Hey "Jedi", give it a rest. Whether this game is or is not limited doesn't mean you have to come to every thread preaching your "holier-than-thou, I'm a real cheap gamer, blah, blah, blah".

Damn man, we get it...you want to wait until it's cheaper. Awesome! Others may not. And if people want to buy 1000 of these CE's and sell them off for $500 each, more power to them. It's called capitalism....and you live in that system. If you don't like it....go live in a communist society like Cuba, North Vietnam, or China.

In other words....fuck off![/QUOTE]

Whatever!

It isn't even about me wanting to get it cheaper, but more about the fact that it just ISN'T sold out. The $150 on Ebay/Amazon is no more than FALSE supply & demand that people IGNORANTLY believe cuz they ONLY look at Amazon, Gamestop, no where else... just NOT very smart as a shopper!

If they LOOK elsewhere like Best Buy, Target, Wal-mart, The CE is absolutely available in B&Ms in large quantities!!!

Thanks op, I'd be in for one if I had the money and a better video card to run it. If anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it, I've looked on tigerdirect but I'm not sure what to buy.

[quote name='teh_minus']Thanks op, I'd be in for one if I had the money and a better video card to run it. If anybody can help me out I'd appreciate it, I've looked on tigerdirect but I'm not sure what to buy.[/QUOTE]

Are you looking to buy a whole new PC or just a video card upgrade?

I highly suggest you build your own as it will be vastly cheaper. If you don't know how or don't know someone who does to help you out, there are a lot of video tutorials on youtube and such. It's not as hard as you think at all. In fact, just grab an old PC, take it apart, and put it back together...that's the best kind of practice without risking new hardware.

If you're looking for a video card upgrade only, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB has dropped in price (you can find them for $120-140) and even supports DX11. I have the Sapphire model and there isn't anything I can't currently run maxed out.

looks like walmart is finally out of stock. Amazon is back in stock online. Pretty much every website is sold out online for 99.99 now except for amazon. Looks like this might actually sell out and be worth something on ebay in a few weeks.

I saw about 20 of them on the shelves at Fry's in Downers Grove, IL yesterday. If you have a Fry's near you and need one locally, I'd check there first.

[quote name='broadbandit']looks like walmart is finally out of stock. Amazon is back in stock online. Pretty much every website is sold out online for 99.99 now except for amazon. Looks like this might actually sell out and be worth something on ebay in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Again, unlikely. They are still widely available at retail in pretty massive quantities. I saw a stack of about ten at a fairly small Best Buy yesterday and Fry's still had tons of them. This is by far the most copies of any Blizzard CE I have ever seen, so it seems like the days of actually limited CE's from Blizzard are over.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']
The standard version comes in a cardboard box, not a DVD case. It has a flimsy bare-bones manual and the game comes in a sleeve...not even a jewel case.

The CE comes in a heavy-duty and detailed package. It comes with the game in a DVD case with art cover, a behind the scenes making of DVD, soundtrack CD in jewel case w/ cover, a metal 2GB USB stick shaped like a dog tag w/chain (USB contains original SC and expansion games), SC2 prequel comic book volume 0 in a sleeve, a 176 page hardcover art book, and a few SC2 and WOW guest passes.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention it comes with a Thor pet for WOW and for Battle.net, exclusive downloadable content, including special portraits for your Battle.net profile, decals to customize your units in-game, and a visually unique version of the Terran Thor unit

The CE costs $40 more...and I personally think it's worth it for what you get. I jumped on it since i was able to take $20 off and get it for $79.99 (thanks to Jodou).

[/QUOTE]

Damn, Blizzard is selling the regular edition for $59.99 and it doesn't even come in a real case? It's not the ebay re-sellers who are greedy here. :bomb:

But with all of the extras, the CE looks well worth the price it's selling for.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Are you looking to buy a whole new PC or just a video card upgrade?

I highly suggest you build your own as it will be vastly cheaper. If you don't know how or don't know someone who does to help you out, there are a lot of video tutorials on youtube and such. It's not as hard as you think at all. In fact, just grab an old PC, take it apart, and put it back together...that's the best kind of practice without risking new hardware.

If you're looking for a video card upgrade only, the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB has dropped in price (you can find them for $120-140) and even supports DX11. I have the Sapphire model and there isn't anything I can't currently run maxed out.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I'm not a PC gamer but I have a tower that I never use and was looking at the HD 5770. Might pick that video card up.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Ummm.... I went to both of my Best Buy and Target stores today, and they ALL have plenty of copies.

I don't understand why people thought this is even sold out? NOT by a long shot!

People paying for that much on Ebay are REALLY REALLY DUMB! What has this world come to? :/

STOP being idiots, or being lazy. Drive to some stores, I am pretty sure you will find a copy for without paying $20+ more !

And why am I even giving you this tip? You could just being a dumb victim of EBay/Amazon greeder for all I care, and I get myself a clearanced out copy at Best Buy/Target down the road... :/[/QUOTE]

welcome to america

[quote name='turboice']welcome to america[/quote]

bulls on parade! Nahnah, nah-nahnah, nah-nahnah

Not directly related to this thread, but I had preorded the SC2 CE from Amazon a while back at $99 and just got an email this morning saying they gave me $20 back as part of their Pre Order Price Guarantee. However, checking the Amazon site it is still selling for $99, so while I'm not sure what they are talking about I'm not going to complain ;-)

[quote name='broadbandit']looks like walmart is finally out of stock. Amazon is back in stock online. Pretty much every website is sold out online for 99.99 now except for amazon. Looks like this might actually sell out and be worth something on ebay in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Why you only look at Online?

Are you all really that lazy to physically check some B&M stores? :roll:

As plenty of people has said, a lot of B&M has many copies. And, NO one is buying them. 5-6+ copies just sitting on the shelf waiting for a Clearance/discount to come! I just hope they don't end up in Ebay/Amazon Horder's hands first. As long as it isn't in GREEDY seller's hands I guarantee we will be fine with this months to come. :|

[quote name='SuperJedi']Why you only look at Online?

As plenty of people has said, a lot of B&M has many copies. And, NO one is buying them. 5-6+ copies just sitting on the shelf waiting for a Clearance/discount to come! I just hope they don't end up in Ebay/Amazon Horder's hands first. As long as it isn't in GREEDY seller's hands I guarantee we will be fine with this months to come. :|[/QUOTE]

Agreed.. I'd actually enjoy picking up a CE like this if it was a little cheaper (or a lot cheaper). I find it lame that "CE" or "LE" is now used very loosely. Too many CE's loose their appeal to me if they have 5-10+ sitting in every electronics store across the nation.

As plenty of people has said, a lot of B&M has many copies. And, NO one is buying them. 5-6+ copies just sitting on the shelf waiting for a Clearance/discount to come! I just hope they don't end up in Ebay/Amazon Horder's hands first. As long as it isn't in GREEDY seller's hands I guarantee we will be fine with this months to come. :|[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to interrupt your grammar studies but I still think you're overlooking some points here. As I said before, from my experience alot of the people who buy new games at a markup are from other countries. Also, just because you can find 20 copies in, what, Downers Grove IL doesn't mean it's going to be an easy find in say downtown NY. I'd like to think things like this are more probable than your "people are idiots/there's a false supply-and-demand" theories.

Some people don't have the liberty of living in an urban area with a bunch of Video Game B&M stores.

The only store in my area that sells video games is Walmart and their selection sucks. I have to drive at least 2 hours to get to the nearest Target/Gamestop/Best Buy whatever.

Some people don't really have too much choice other than to try and find stuff online.

[quote name='mogamer']Damn, Blizzard is selling the regular edition for $59.99 and it doesn't even come in a real case? It's not the ebay re-sellers who are greedy here. :bomb:

But with all of the extras, the CE looks well worth the price it's selling for.[/QUOTE]

What? That is a real case. Most PC games still come in the cardboard box case and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, I think the guy telling people checking online was meant for people living in the U.S. Of course people from other countries buy these, but people who are here just need to go check their local store if they want one.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Not directly related to this thread, but I had preorded the SC2 CE from Amazon a while back at $99 and just got an email this morning saying they gave me $20 back as part of their Pre Order Price Guarantee. However, checking the Amazon site it is still selling for $99, so while I'm not sure what they are talking about I'm not going to complain ;-)[/QUOTE]
My coworkers and I got the $20 refund too. I'm surprised more CAGs haven't posted about this. Seems like a glitch, but yeah not complaining either. :)

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Some people don't have the liberty of living in an urban area with a bunch of Video Game B&M stores.

The only store in my area that sells video games is Walmart and their selection sucks. I have to drive at least 2 hours to get to the nearest Target/Gamestop/Best Buy whatever.

Some people don't really have too much choice other than to try and find stuff online.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Where I live actually has more than a Walmart. It also has a Target, Best Buy and Gamestop, but every one of those places are sold out here.

[quote name='wolve']My coworkers and I got the $20 refund too. I'm surprised more CAGs haven't posted about this. Seems like a glitch, but yeah not complaining either. :)[/QUOTE]

Maybe they price matched Kmart or Gamestop or something for a very brief moment (i.e. by mistake), and due to their price match guarantee, it refunded everyone.

bread's done
Back