Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

[quote name='BackInBlack']Anyone know how many points you need to be in Diamond 4s? I'm at around 875 give or take rank one as of last night after a 3 hour spree of playing.[/QUOTE]

Ranks aren't points based if I'm not mistaken. They are skill based. You can easily be a 1,300 Platinum by just using your bonus pool. Speaking of bonus pools, my 1v1 pool is at 900 points or something like that. Have no keyboard to play with (shift/CTRL don't work half the time on this crap keyboard) while I'm waiting for my Razer Black Widow to arrive and my internet has been sucking lately. Thank you CableVision. And thank you Razer for having your keyboard backordered for forever.

GSL S2 has boxer and nada versus each other in Ro8.
I bet the server will crash.

someone told me to go to bed last night on SC2.
WELL UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU I WAS ALREADY SLEEPING AND I LEFT IT ON

SUCKER

[quote name='kainzero']GSL S2 has boxer and nada versus each other in Ro8.
I bet the server will crash. [/QUOTE]
The server is about to get divided by zero.

I'm firecrotch#169 -- used to play all the time and was around 95th percentile but since school started I haven't played much and have gotten a lot worse

SC2 is exciting / intense, therefore fun, but it's frustrating how much of the game relies on memorization. The less familiar you are with what needs to be done (even if that's just hitting 4-EE-5-S-Click-S-Click-S-Click, etc), the longer it takes to do it, and because there's basically infinite things to do at any given moment it means the more familiar player is better off. When I win I just think "okay, I play this game more than they do, cool" and likewise when I lose. I think I preferred Warcraft 3, where everything was slower and so strategic decisions played a bigger role than economy/macro.

[quote name='Koggit']it's frustrating how much of the game relies on memorization.[/QUOTE]
i dunno, i don't get that feeling in this game because of the hard counter system.

granted my speed has won me a lot of games, but the games i've lost in have been because i've made strategic blunders

[quote name='The Crotch']Phoenix fleets beating hydras and stalkers for the win.[/QUOTE]

Planetary Fortress Rush for the win.

~HotShotX

let me know if any of you wanna play today

i actually sustained 200apm one time... which is like 300apm in bw?
must get faster

Wanted to make sure everyone saw this pic from the Jon Stewart rally.

p9b3n.jpg

:rofl: Was hoping for a protoss sign.

Where the hell is that guy when I'm playing and hit my population cap?:wall:

[quote name='Draekon']Agreed. We need to expand to more high yields.[/QUOTE]

We should have expanded to a high yield as soon as we got here, but instead freaked out when our natural got rushed and we went overboard on military spending for the rest of the game.

~HotShotX

Yep, building so many nuke silos was a big mistake, now the enemy is attempting a military build up in response.

[quote name='HotShotX']We should have expanded to a high yield as soon as we got here, but instead freaked out when our natural got rushed and we went overboard on military spending for the rest of the game.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

We would have but the zerg to the south of rush just keep rushing us. Now if our northern ally would do something, then maybe we'd actually get somewhere. However yes, we made too many ghosts and silos because of that damned dominion to our west. And then there was that time across to the east when the confederacy was hell or high water.

You know what, Draekon? If you don't support the ghosts, you don't support the confederacy.

You and your anti-terran agenda... it's like you WANT the zerg to rush again.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's why we need more ghosts, and more silos; that, and hours of security screenings at every starport that do nothing to prevent zerg rushes. The only way the confederacy will ever be truly safe is to continuously erode the civil liberties and rights that are the heart of what it is means be a confederate!

You don't want to let the Zerg win, do you?

[quote name='BattleChicken']that, and hours of security screenings at every starport that do nothing to prevent zerg rushes. [/QUOTE]
but if i don't use the security scanning machine at the starport i'll never be able to see nova and the medics naked!

We could reach out to the Protoss, but the Terran leadership is too damn stubborn to think we can't do it on our own.

[quote name='BattleChicken']That's why we need more ghosts, and more silos; that, and hours of security screenings at every starport that do nothing to prevent zerg rushes. The only way the confederacy will ever be truly safe is to continuously erode the civil liberties and rights that are the heart of what it is means be a confederate!

You don't want to let the Zerg win, do you?[/QUOTE]

No. Everybody knows that the best way to keep the Zerg out is to build a wall.

~HotShotX

I'm fairly confident that the zerg to the south have yet to upgrade to a lair. So we're still pretty safe from air assaults and having them permeate our ally to the north.

[quote name='BattleChicken']They'll just use mutalisk and fly over it! That, or they'll come in from Canada.[/QUOTE]
It happened in Red Dawn, it can happen again.

[quote name='Draekon']I'm fairly confident that the zerg to the south have yet to upgrade to a lair. So we're still pretty safe from air assaults and having them permeate our ally to the north.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I believe a stronger concern lies with them teching to Roaches and tunneling under our wall.

~HotShotX

We can't let them get that technology - they would have roaches of mass destruction. Let's invade them under false pretenses, and then take all their vespine gas.

[quote name='BattleChicken']We can't let them get that technology - they would have roaches of mass destruction. Let's invade them under false pretenses, and then take all their vespine gas.[/QUOTE]
They'll just destroy them so we can't get to the gas.

bread's done
Back