Starcraft II WoL or HotS $1 AR

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Newegg has a bundle with either WoL or HotS for 70.99 (Includes some internet security with 1 yr membership) with a $70 rebate. Looks like this is the last day to buy to qualify for the rebate. The page also says there is a $50 prepaid card for activating the security but not sure about that. I didn't see this posted, sorry in advance if it's a repost. Thought it was a good deal for those looking for the game. I just hate dealing with mail in rebates.

WoL

HotS

I have used 4myrebate.com for a few rebates in the past and received all of them. Luckily I never had issues with lost rebates or supposedly missing info/parts. In regards to the $50 and $70 rebates, you can only choose one. Both rebates require you to send in the original UPC, so you must choose one rebate form to send in, obviously the $70 one.

If you can to do this deal make sure you read the fine print. It says you need to activate the Security product and add a credit card to the subscription. You can cancel at any time after activating, but I guess that's how they plan to get money back from this deal. They expect people to forget they subscribed to an Internet Security program.

List of games you can get with this combo type "total defense" in the keyword box and search to get a list of games, if the link does not work
Create a new account and use the promo code NEWCUSTOMER for $10 off $50

Update:
newcustomer promo code does not work with this deal

Last edited by a moderator:
So... if it goes through we get paid 50 bucks for this? Seems too good to be true...

Edit: just kidding. According to usagi yojimbo above me its either or

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']So... if it goes through we get paid 50 bucks for this? Seems too good to be true...

Edit: just kidding. According to usagi yojimbo above me its either or[/QUOTE]
I think you might be able to earn about $9 if you use the promo in my post, depending on the game you buy.

Yeah my rebates with them wasn't exactly smooth, but in the end they always went through. There are tricks when dealing with rebates, such as shipping FS with DC, so that you have argument leverage when they claim they did not receive the prints.

[quote name='TooPoor']Yeah my rebates with them wasn't exactly smooth, but in the end they always went through. There are tricks when dealing with rebates, such as shipping FS with DC, so that you have argument leverage when they claim they did not receive the prints.[/QUOTE]

Seems like a bit too much hassle for me honestly... Thanks for the info though lol

I mean I usually ship things with DC, but if they are the type of company that try and deny to every person that they didn't receive their slips it doesn't seem like the kind of company I want to deal with lol

Just finally got my rebates for those headsets from 2-3 months ago, but debating if I want to go through all that again just to get something for close to "free" this time.

There is some discussion of this in multiple threads on slickdeals at the moment. Here is one:

http://slickdeals.net/f/5939236-Tot...ims-3-UL-for-99c-AR-at-Newegg-expires-3-31-13

I really wanted the collector's edition, so I am hoping to get it for $40 after rebate. I really hope it comes through. I don't have the energy to go chasing after shady rebate companies, nor do I want to throw away $70 on crappy AV software I don't even need...

If it seems too good to be true.....

Seriously though.... I would consider this.... maybe.....

I mean it comes to $1 for HoS....

^It's like dream if it even happens, they would be giving me $9 to buy HOTS if you use the $10off newcustomer promo code.

[quote name='usagi']^It's like dream if it even happens, they would be giving me $9 to buy HOTS if you use the $10off newcustomer promo code.[/QUOTE]

I just tried that and got this:

The promo code NEWCUSTOMER cannot be combined with combo deals or gift items attached to products.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']a rather misleading thread name IMO. Here I was expecting the game to be $1:whistle2:(

EDIT: nevermind, just saw it was a rebate[/QUOTE]
their rebate is horrible, you have to literally fight for it.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']So... if it goes through we get paid 50 bucks for this? Seems too good to be true...[/QUOTE]

With these sorts of security apps, sometimes things that seem too good to be true really are true.

Some years back I got in on a deal for a laptop (worth maybe $400 at the time) with an absolute ton of various security software and some accessories, each with multiple rebates. The total purchase was somewhere north of $1200. All the rebates totaled around $1500 or $1600. They all came through, though a few needed to be followed up on.

God I hate rebates, only ever delve in win the item itself is less than $50. I can't justify spending $70 on some garbage AV and a game I'm only passively interested in. Now if they had included ESET or even Norton (that's a big "if" on Norton), I could see biting. Never even heard of Total Defense though. Thanks anyways OP.

Are rebates processed by the rebate company or the actual product company (where they only use the rebate company as the middleman)?

Because from my experience of 4myrebate, I've gotten all of my rebates from them. They were all random purchases at TigerDirect though, so I wonder if it matters? They even came quick. About 4-5 weeks versus the 8-12 like they normally are.

Though because I wanted some extra spending money for the holidays last year, I did test one rebate with the expedited processing and that is a scam. I received my normal rebate about a week or so faster than the expedited one -_-. Pretty much because they don't actually accept/approve the rebate until way later when you choose that option, so it still falls under their given time estimation.

Looks like a pretty good deal though if it works. And for those saying you have to fight for the rebate, I'm pretty sure we've all seen those people fight hard just for $5-10. So this could be worth it.

As much as I wouldn't mind picking up Starcraft 2 for cheap I absolutely hate rebates so I'm going to skip this. Never had a place stiff me on a rebate but it still gets my dander up and I avoid it when I can.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']God I hate rebates, only ever delve in win the item itself is less than $50. I can't justify spending $70 on some garbage AV and a game I'm only passively interested in. Now if they had included ESET or even Norton (that's a big "if" on Norton), I could see biting. Never even heard of Total Defense though. Thanks anyways OP.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this, I am mildly interested in Starcraft but I'm not shelling out 70$ to hold out for a rebate. I can't stand chasing after them,

[quote name='Chemosh013']Thanks OP. I'll give it a shot. Even paying for first class with DC will still make it about $3.50 for the game.[/QUOTE]
From what I heard their rebate processing capabilities have greatly improved. So I would say your chances are good and this is a great deal for anybody who has some patience and organized rebate habits. I am surprised that this thread did not generate that much interest.

[quote name='TooPoor']From what I heard their rebate processing capabilities have greatly improved. So I would say your chances are good and this is a great deal for anybody who has some patience and organized rebate habits. I am surprised that this thread did not generate that much interest.[/QUOTE]

Reason it's likely not generating much interest is the high price before rebate. That's what got me to say nah.

bread's done
Back