Stardock Weekend Sale (PC): Medal of Honor Airborne for $5

ForeStorm

CAGiversary!
http://www.impulsedriven.com/mohairborne

Sale ends Oct 4th, 12:01 EDT.

Stardock's a digital distribution service, like Steam, but unlike Steam, their download service (as it's only that) doesn't have to be running when you want to play the game. It seems pretty lightweight, and they don't stick any other copy protection on the software they sell.

Didn't see it posted and thought it was a good deal (it's been a while since I've played an MoH game), and I'll probably pick it up later. I have this weak spot for $5 games.

Listed as Out Of Stock. Which I assume means they've run out of keys, but they're still allowing you to order at the sale price and receive it later. One up on Steam, they won't actually charge you until it's available to play.

It's a nice price, but I can't help but wonder if there won't be an awful lot of deals to come on the older MoH games to drum up interest in the new one. I'm going to have to think about it. Thanks for pointing it out!

P.S. The service is named Impulse, not Stardock. Like Steam, not Valve.

And while they might not add additional DRM, this title does still include the original Securom. That's one advantage of EA titles on Steam, they've removed the Securom from most of them in preference of Steam DRM.

MOH: Airborne is pretty fun and it's nice that it's patched already. I have a physical copy and had to download two GBs worth of patches just to get it up to date.

This game was AWFUL way back when it released, and even then, NOBODY played. I can only imagine how utterly dead it is now. There's no way in hell I'd even spend $.99 on this game. It's a waste of bandwidth and hard drive space.

[quote name='bitter1961']It's a nice price, but I can't help but wonder if there won't be an awful lot of deals to come on the older MoH games to drum up interest in the new one. I'm going to have to think about it. Thanks for pointing it out!

P.S. The service is named Impulse, not Stardock. Like Steam, not Valve.

And while they might not add additional DRM, this title does still include the original Securom. That's one advantage of EA titles on Steam, they've removed the Securom from most of them in preference of Steam DRM.[/QUOTE]

You bring up some good points, actually. I may even end up *not* getting this, as I saw it over on Steam and wanted to grab it there, if for the sake of having everywhere in one place.

bread's done
Back