Starlancer (PC) $2 shipped at EBgames

Ya, EB's shipping is around $5 or so, just buy more than one game!
I don't think they charge tax, though.

yea using a lot of the deals on this site as a bonus game to go along with your order can be a very good idea.

[quote name='awsookysooky']so for ordering online with ebgames, the $5 shipping applies to all games (does anyone know the limit?)[/quote]

As a test, I just added 10 copies of Haven to my cart, and went through the checkout process.

Shipping was still $5.

When I changed it to 20 copies, shipping was $6.

Here is a blast from the past...
Did anyone here play this one?
I used to be a big fan of old space games, like Starflight...
mmm....Starflight

This has been $1.99 in store since late-October/early November. I've seen this in three stores - King of Prussia (Court), NYC Union Square and NYC Manhattan Mall (where I got mine).

Good deal!

Jeremy

[quote name='Scrubking']Um, just choose eb saver shipping. It's $1.99[/quote]
Those posts were before EB had that $2 option.

This has been $2 since last summer on EBgames. And yes they always restock. I think they'll give it to you free if you ask nicely. I got two free copies instore and bought them online when I bought the $5 rygar, $5 nightfire. But still a good deal.

It's a Microsoft game, if it doesn't run well in XP I'd be shocked.

It's a great game, by the way. Brings back all those Tie Fighter memories from the early 90's. Surprisingly, it even works well on Dreamcast. The controls feel natural, which is odd for a PC->Console sim port.

Well considering the game was made before XP was available, that is why I worry about compatibility issues. It would not be the first Microsoft product I had trouble getting to work with XP. :(

C'mon all you CAG'ers! Pick up this title and let's start some good old-fashioned space dogfighting multiplayer sessions!

The more the merrier! For $2, hell, I'll buy this game for those who don't want to fork over the dough (jk, don't PM me! ;) ).

I'm serious about the multiplayer though. Let's start our own GAG Starlancer league!

Jeremy

[quote name='TheRaven']Anyone know if this will run good on XP?[/quote]

My buddy lent me this old chestnut a while back, and it would not install on my WinXP box (claimed that there was no free space on my hard drive,) despite efforts to run the install program in compatibility mode(s) for Win98/2k/95. Rather than invest the time to try installing the game through an old OS emulator (or partitioning the drive under Win98 for dual-booting) I just returned the game. So, the short of it is that there may be some difficulty in running this title in XP, which you may overcome (but I did not.)

There's an online multiplayer component? Whoa. I only played single player when I had it a few years back. $2 here I come!

We could do an Xwing vs Tie Fighter league too.. lots of good multiplayer modes, plus you can get it for $5 on the discount rack at places like BestBuy and CircuitCity B&M...

Well I got this as filler on my free 10 eb games code. Anyways it installed on xp pro for me just fine. Gotta get me a flightstick though, and find some time to actually play it. Dungeon Seige:LOA has been sucking up my time lately.

I own Xwing vs Tie Fighter too, man that was a great game, Not a great story but I lived the first Xwing game. Some say Xwing was one of the hardest PC games ever made. Can you still play xwing vs Tie Fighter online ?

I thought that the online component was more GameSpy-style, thought I can't remember since I haven't dug it out of the closet in awhile. I think it depends if there are other people out there to play with

bread's done
Back