Starting today 20% off Video Game Accessories at BB.com

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Got this in an email this morning...

Good at BestBuy.com from Sept 22 to the 23rd.

20% Off Video Game Accessories

For a limited time, receive 20% off video game accessories. Markdowns taken from regular prices. Accessories qualifying for other offers may be exempt from sale pricing. The 20% discount will be applied to video game accessories during the checkout process. Best Buy's Return Policy applies to this promotion. BestBuy.com online offer only.

You can get the Xbox live starter kit w/ Crimson Skies and NFL 2k5 for $56 with this deal...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat41500050006&type=category

[quote name='ryosnk']HMM...Silent scope for $40 and Game boy player $40. Might think about it. :? Thanks for the info.[/quote]

Yeah, I was eyeing the GB Player too...

If I hadn't already ordered an x-box live kit and card from the MS Retail Summer offer I'd pick that up with NFL 2k5. I don't have either High Road to Revenge or NFL 2k5. Plus my xbox live sub expires in January.

The Xbox controller-S is for $23.99. I've been meaning to pick up a third controller but maybe I can find a better deal elsewhere?

[quote name='MadFlava']The Xbox controller-S is for $23.99. I've been meaning to pick up a third controller but maybe I can find a better deal elsewhere?[/quote]

It's oly a $1 extra savings over the GGC... Those have got to be cheaper someplace else.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']That's right... does in-store pickup cancel the 20% off?[/quote]I don't think so. Everything in my cart is set to in-store pickup, and the discount is still being applied.

Am I supposed to see a 20% discount in my cart or do all the current prices reflect the 20%.

I see the Logictec Pro driving wheel for $120?

Thanks!

I store pickup looks good....

It shouldn't. You should be able to do any online code you want and then pick it up in store. Basically you complete the transaction and fully pay with your CC online and just go to the store to pick up your item. (On the flip side that means you generally can't use any coupons against your purchase - like the GGC - once you get to the store to pick it up.)

[quote name='MadFlava']The Xbox controller-S is for $23.99. I've been meaning to pick up a third controller but maybe I can find a better deal elsewhere?[/quote]I'm wondering the same thing. The cheapest I've ever seen one of those on sale for was $24.99, and I don't want to go third-party or used. If anyone knows of a better deal elsewhere, please let us know! Otherwise this may be my best option. Really good deals on first-party accessories are hard to come by.

Thank you SO much Akbar for posting this! I was planning on getting this deal this week without the 20% savings... now I can get another year of Live, two good games and an extra communicator to give to my roommate! All on the cheap. I selected in-store pick-up, so I can visit BB between classes and save on shipping!

[EDIT-Topic Merged by NFG]
"
20% Off Video Game Accessories

For a limited time, receive 20% off video game accessories. Markdowns taken from regular prices. Accessories qualifying for other offers may be exempt from sale pricing. The 20% discount will be applied to video game accessories during the checkout process. Best Buy's Return Policy applies to this promotion. BestBuy.com online offer only
"

sorry if its a double post, hope this helps some people.

God damn it, such a good deal. Must...resist...credit card company...knocking on door...

And yes, it works with in store pickup as far as I can tell.

Why can't they do it for Steel Batallion, since it's listed in their accessories section?

It's a $200 controller with a free game thrown in there, right? :lol:

[quote name='zewone']Since this is good in store. Could you combine it with a GGC? I'm guessing no.[/quote]

Anything done on BB.com is treated as a different order, even if you do it as in-store pickup, which includes the following:

1) No GGC can be used, since your payment was done on the website and not at the store.
2) Can't use the Reward Zone card on purchases, since there's no facility for them to put it into the site. Yet.

I ordered a pair of Mem Card 1019's for my GC.

At $23.99 each, they're cheaper by a few bucks than anything on PriceGrabber for them, since the cheapest place had them for $31.87 shipped. $51 and change later, I'll have two of them when I pick them up in-store.

Guess I'll have to offer up my Mem Card 59 & 251 on the trading forum.

Holy Cow! The Xbox Live kit is a crazy deal. You can use the 12-month card to renew your current subscription to Xbox Live, right? If so, current subscribers are basically just paying for a year in advance (less really, as that would be about $72)and getting 2 games and a headset for free. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here. I already have Xbox Live, Crimson Skies & a headset and I'm thinking about getting this.. heh.

Alright, for the Steel Battalion issue;... try calling and ordering over the phone. It may work.

As for the Rewards Zone,.. you just use your receipt # at the RZ site, and it applies the total.
Card holders shame on you, for not reading your mail, and just tearing out the $5 coupons. :p
:)

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Holy Cow! The Xbox Live kit is a crazy deal. You can use the 12-month card to renew your current subscription to Xbox Live, right? If so, current subscribers are basically just paying for a year in advance (less really, as that would be about $72)and getting 2 games and a headset for free. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here. I already have Xbox Live, Crimson Skies & a headset and I'm thinking about getting this.. heh.[/quote]
Actually I think XBL is $5.99 per month, but if you go a year at a time it is just $50/year.

Still a damn nice deal though, you are getting an extra headset and two games for a few bucks more than the standard subscription renewal.

Yeah, it's $5.99 per month = $72 per year. If you're lazy like me, or just forgetful (also like me) and don't buy the subscription cards, then this can save you about $20 and you get a bunch of free stuff in the process.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Yeah, it's $5.99 per month = $72 per year. If you're lazy like me, or just forgetful (also like me) and don't buy the subscription cards, then this can save you about $20 and you get a bunch of free stuff in the process.[/quote]

Actually it defaults to renewing yearly from your credit card for $50 a year. But yeah for basically $10 more you get a backup headset and 2 free games. This is almost as good as the Retail Reward program, since if you don't want the extra copy of NFL2k5 you could just return it to another store without a reciept (normally I would be against doing that, but the game is cheap enough that it won't go down in price anytime soon, and since stores only let you exchange it for a different game they still make a sale).

[quote name='Edge'][quote name='Tomeeboy']Yeah, it's $5.99 per month = $72 per year. If you're lazy like me, or just forgetful (also like me) and don't buy the subscription cards, then this can save you about $20 and you get a bunch of free stuff in the process.[/quote]

Actually it defaults to renewing yearly from your credit card for $50 a year. But yeah for basically $10 more you get a backup headset and 2 free games. This is almost as good as the Retail Reward program, since if you don't want the extra copy of NFL2k5 you could just return it to another store without a reciept (normally I would be against doing that, but the game is cheap enough that it won't go down in price anytime soon, and since stores only let you exchange it for a different game they still make a sale).[/quote]

When did this happen? When my 2 month free starter card ended they billed my credit card $5.99 even though I had already canceled.

[quote name='BigHow']Nice. Just got me a new GCN memory card. Been running out of space lately too...[/quote]

Great minds think alike. :D

I picked up a pair of 1019's for my GC, since at $23.99, they were $1 cheaper than using a GGC and no commitment of money on the gift card. Made it easy with in-store pickup.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Actually I think XBL is $5.99 per month, but if you go a year at a time it is just $50/year.

Still a damn nice deal though, you are getting an extra headset and two games for a few bucks more than the standard subscription renewal.[/quote]

Right on all counts.

When mine went up for renewal in May, it renewed out at $49.99 for the year.

Your right I just checked my subscription and it says it will renew for $49.99 a year at the end. Bummer I will have to remember to cancel before that date. I would rather start a new account and get another free headset and game or games.

As a fail-safe, I always set my account to automatically renew monthly rather than yearly. That way if I do forget to cancel (which I have to do in a couple days, in fact...) I only get billed $6 rather than $50 (and with as many starter kits as I have, the LAST thing I need is to pay for a year's subscription!). It really sucks that you can't revive an account after you cancel it though, what do they expect you do to if you won't have access to broadband for a few months in the middle of your subscription?

[quote name='MorPhiend']It's no fair! The things I want aren't available for pickup anywhere in my state. And after shipping, I wouldn't be saving... :([/quote]

Yeah, they wanted $4.99 to ship the 1019 memory card. Looks like they treat all accessories the same as far as shipping price is concerned, which is bad because the 1019 has to be light as a feather. Luckily for me, it was in stock at my store for pickup. Also had $10 in digital coupons from them cancelling my NHL 2005 orders. Cost me $13.99 plus tax for one card.

Ordered a monster light wave 100X audio cable for $32 down from 40, and saved $3 on the Fable prima guide....not bad.

bread's done
Back