Stay Puft Caffeinated Marshmallows(ghostbusters)

Eclipse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey guys, I ran into these recently via a podcast and ordered a box or two.. And holy crap, these are flipping amazing! The box is badass and the marshmallows are caffeinated. I've since reused the box, because its super sturdy(and looks awesome). The marshmallows also aren't your classic ones, they are more rectangular and perfect for s'mores(we took them on our last camping trip.)

But yeah, these just might be the best marshmallows ever made. Worth every penny. $20 a box, and they make awesome gifts.

Stay Puft Marshmallows

I got mine on amazon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They're a total rip-off at $20 because they are made out of corn. For $20 I would expect marshmallows made from marsh mallow instead of corn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Althaea_officinalis

e59b_stay_puft_marshmallows_nutrition.jpg

But yeah, these just might be the best marshmallows ever made.
Um, no. They are 0% marsh mallow.

It's most likely not the material that is making the cost $20. It is normally the royalty they have to pay to use the Ghostbusters name. Licensed stuff costs a lot more than generic.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']They're a total rip-off at $20 because they are made out of corn. For $20 I would expect marshmallows made from marsh mallow instead of corn.

e59b_stay_puft_marshmallows_nutrition.jpg

Um, no. They are 0% marsh mallow.[/QUOTE]

Wow, seriously? How much do you think these would cost if they were made of medicinal plants only found in AFRICA?! I don't think I need to eat marshmallows that cure my nonexistent sore throat.

From the 'Marshmallow' entry on wikipedia:
"The marshmallow is a confection that, in its modern form, typically consists of sugar or corn syrup, water, gelatin"

Get a brain, dude.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']They're a total rip-off at $20 because they are made out of corn. For $20 I would expect marshmallows made from marsh mallow instead of corn.

Um, no. They are 0% marsh mallow.[/QUOTE]

So how come you took the time to find that article but you didn't read absolutely any of it?

I have to agree that the box is pretty cool looking. I assume it is just a cardboard box, or am I wrong?

A little too steep in terms of price, any chance a chain store will carry these?

Looks like something an FYE may pick up. I'd pay $20 for a box, but paying an extra $6-8 just for them to be shipped ruins it for me.

[quote name='iluvmywife']I have to agree that the box is pretty cool looking. I assume it is just a cardboard box, or am I wrong?

A little too steep in terms of price, any chance a chain store will carry these?[/QUOTE]

Its actually made out of a rubbery material instead of cardboard to simulate what Stay Puft feels like. :p

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']They're a total rip-off at $20 because they are made out of corn. For $20 I would expect marshmallows made from marsh mallow instead of corn.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, man. And these girl scout cookies? Not even made from real girl scouts! Rip off!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having this as a collectors thing but for $20...I doubt I'll ever eat the mallows inside the box.

bread's done
Back