Stay the HELL away from Inetvideo.ca

Nukkus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
things are beign fixed now.

EDIT: Nope, they have decided to only refund me for the CHEAPEST of the two broken games, after promising a full refund in the previous email if i could provide photos of the broken games. hurray for shady business practices. DO NOT BUY FROM INETVIDEO, THEY SHIP IN FLIMSY ENVELOPES, WHICH MEANS BROKEN GAMES FOR YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nukkus']just found out that two games from the same order that i gave as gifts were broken too. this should serve as an example why bubble mailers are crud for protection. companies need to use boxes >_

[quote name='Norieaga']Amazon is awesome, I'd ditch these inetvideo jerks permanently. That kind of crappy service is inexcusable.[/QUOTE]
lol, you're a clown.. you do know that inetvideo is one of the biggest sellers of games and dvd on amazon and they have like 99% rating?

obviously it was a fuggup by the post man, i've never received anything bad from inet despite my many orders.. although u may have been dealing with a crappy rep, I'm sure your attitude didn't help you much either..

[quote name='TSXer']lol, you're a clown.. you do know that inetvideo is one of the biggest sellers of games and dvd on amazon and they have like 99% rating?

obviously it was a fuggup by the post man, i've never received anything bad from inet despite my many orders.. although u may have been dealing with a crappy rep, I'm sure your attitude didn't help you much either..[/QUOTE]

where exactly does my attitude come into play at ALL? i followed their instructions, and they decided to screw me over. go troll someone else's thread, mr know it all.

[quote name='TSXer']lol, you're a clown.. you do know that inetvideo is one of the biggest sellers of games and dvd on amazon and they have like 99% rating?[/QUOTE]

Hmm, buying from them through Amazon would be considerable better. Amazon has satisfaction guarantees, so if sellers are dicks like this you have a bit more recourse. Buying from their site they can obviously screw customers with little to no consequence...

Although, I still wouldn't recommend it. Why anyone would use private sellers on Amazon when you can purchase nigh everything *directly from Amazon* is beyond me.

[quote name='TSXer']lol, you're a clown.. you do know that inetvideo is one of the biggest sellers of games and dvd on amazon and they have like 99% rating?
[/QUOTE]
LOLZ AM KLOWN! You're missing the point. He followed instructions on replacing his games, they told him to go eff himself. Doesn't matter what their Amazon rating is, that is absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. I work in retail and I'd NEVER do that to a customer.

[quote name='Norieaga']LOLZ AM KLOWN! You're missing the point. He followed instructions on replacing his games, they told him to go eff himself. Doesn't matter what their Amazon rating is, that is absolutely HORRIBLE customer service. I work in retail and I'd NEVER do that to a customer.[/QUOTE]

where do you work? i'll shop at your store from now on.

Half of the guys posts are supporting and giving shout outs to inetvideo...coincidence?

I know based on this thread I will never shop there, great job on the customer service folks.

[quote name='chrisryans']Half of the guys posts are supporting and giving shout outs to inetvideo...coincidence?

I know based on this thread I will never shop there, great job on the customer service folks.[/QUOTE]

You;re right, i never noticed that. do you suppose TSXer is a shill?

[quote name='Nukkus']You;re right, i never noticed that. do you suppose TSXer is a shill?[/QUOTE]

The thought actually crossed my mind last night as well when I looked at their limited posting history, but you never know. It could have just been spontaneous 'seemed like a good idea at the time' post that was more abrasively worded than intended. Just figured I'd offer the benefit of a doubt, if only to save the displeasure for inetvideo and their handling of this case instead of a single forum poster. :)

lol, right, ask the mods to check my email.. I work for the government (canada) and my email shows it.. I'm a strong supporter of inetvideo from my previous dealings with them and from winning countless shit through their blog and facebook.. I just dont think its fair for one ass to ruin a company's name mainly because of either his crappy attitude or lies or whatever it may be.

I'd never suspect a company as massive as inetvideo would hold a grudge against one customer or lie, or offer such crappy service especially IF they're aware of this thread.

With that being said, they are supscribed to buysafe which guarantees your purchase.. if you really did have a bad experience, report them there and get your money back.. you paid for the service much like they paid for it, take it, use it and shut up and quit your complaining..

[quote name='TSXer']With that being said, they are supscribed to buysafe which guarantees your purchase.. if you really did have a bad experience, report them there and get your money back.. you paid for the service much like they paid for it, take it, use it and shut up and quit your complaining..[/QUOTE]

I just thought to confirm this. I browsed over every page that would point out such a feature on their site and saw nothing. Then I specifically Googled it, and found the page that said they were Buysafe members. Upon opening said page, *there's nothing*. Meaning they either got booted off, or dropped the membership because it was costing them too much...

I do hope you're not a shill, because you're not doing these Inet guys any favors :roll:

the fun thing about buysafe is if you accept delivery of the items then you cannot file a claim. the loopholes are astounding.

[quote name='Nukkus']You;re right, i never noticed that. do you suppose TSXer is a shill?[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at his posts :p All twelve are like ads for INetVideo :p

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4336626

He always confirms INet deals, by saying something like:
Hi guys,

Long time reader, first time posted.. Decided to register to thank digitalbabe for the post, great deal.. I just grabbed a few for me and friends that I know would love this.

On anything INetDeals :p

Just came across this thread, and thankfully so. I was gonna order from them but now I will definitely NOT do so. I'll take my business elsewhere.

And TSXer is definitely a shill. A horrible one... but definitely a shill. Makes the company look really bad.

posting in an epic thread

all this over... can i assume < $100? what kind of 'business' deletes customer records

Well whatever the amount the company is refusing to refund, is for sure making them lose lots more money then what they're trying to save.

I guess we can assume the guy spent less then $500... So for $500 (and less) they have thrown their reputation, potential customers and future profits all down the drain.

Smart Move! I would think an online business would value their reputation a bit more then $500 but I guess some people just aren't smart enough to run a business.

So far: inetvideo.ca sends me 3 broken games. I request a refund through email, no response. I try 5 times. I then try the live chat, the dude asks from my order id, which I supply him with, his next response is "go f*ck yourself", and he terminates the support chat. I try the phone support, which seems to be an endless loop of nothing, no matter what button you press it keeps taking you back to the main menu.

I then try the live chat again, this time the guy tells me that management saw my original rant on here, and if I remove my posts then they will give me a refund for all the items. after I agree and follow their terms, they change the deal and only reimburse me for the cheapest of the games. After arguing with the for a few more sessions, I attempt to file a claim with Buysafe, and Buysafe then informs me that there is no record of the original transaction ever taking place.

Make a blog like the Dell customers did a few years ago. It caused Dell's sales to drop an average of 30%! Considering how much more careful online game shoppers generally are, it could have an even greater effect. You could post this, and invite people to send you their own griefs for you to post. You could probably easily get your money back from the games with ads on the blog alone, and it should encourage them to help you. Next time, demand the refund and get them to send an email (which you can save) to you in regards to any agreements, that way if they go back on it, you have it on record and can pursue legal action.

From the sounds of this, you handled it very poorly...

1) You didn't save the conversation from the live chat, so we don't know what you did to illicit such a vulgar response, or if the vulgar response even occurred.

2) You didn't keep the receipt for the transaction (Well, I'm assuming you didn't, since if you did, that would be the record of the transaction that could be submitted to Buysafe)

3) You conceded to iNet way too early. Why on earth would you remove your posts before you received a refund?

I bet there's more to this story than what the OP is telling. After all, we only have his side of the story. Do we even have proof a transaction occurred? The OP could (and I emphasize, could) be completely full of it. All we have to go on is his word.

I agree that there should've been a paper trail. If you paid with a CC you can file a chargeback.

Do you have pictures of your broken games? An email receipt?

I wouldn't say the OP is full of it, but I agree with game_fanatic that we're only getting one side of the story here. And why would iNet ask you to delete your disparaging posts then go back on their word (because you would surely call them out for it)? It doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='game_fanatic']From the sounds of this, you handled it very poorly...

1) You didn't save the conversation from the live chat, so we don't know what you did to illicit such a vulgar response, or if the vulgar response even occurred.

2) You didn't keep the receipt for the transaction (Well, I'm assuming you didn't, since if you did, that would be the record of the transaction that could be submitted to Buysafe)

3) You conceded to iNet way too early. Why on earth would you remove your posts before you received a refund?

I bet there's more to this story than what the OP is telling. After all, we only have his side of the story. Do we even have proof a transaction occurred? The OP could (and I emphasize, could) be completely full of it. All we have to go on is his word.[/QUOTE]

dude, quit trolling. i alread told what happened in the chat, all i did was ask what to do with my broken games, and he asked for my order id. and i do have the saved reciepts, which i submitted to buysafe. however as there is no longer any order details with inetvideo, the reciepts (in beysafe's words) could be "doctored". i paid with paypal, and i cannot do anything at their end as they will not deal with broken goods, only with items not actually arriving. now if you wish to continue harping at someone and telling them that they are full of it, i suggest you find soemone else as i have had enough bullsh*t from inetvideo, i do not need yours as well.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I agree that there should've been a paper trail. If you paid with a CC you can file a chargeback.

Do you have pictures of your broken games? An email receipt?

I wouldn't say the OP is full of it, but I agree with game_fanatic that we're only getting one side of the story here. And why would iNet ask you to delete your disparaging posts then go back on their word (because you would surely call them out for it)? It doesn't make any sense.[/QUOTE]

brokentwoworlds.jpg

as you can see, there's a crack running through the disc, it's partially seperated, the label layer is intact, but the clear lower layer is cracked in half, just barely still attached to the top. i'm sure that if i placed it in my drive it would shatter.

Wow that's some crazy ****, I hope you're still fighting this and hopefully it all works out for you in the end.

[quote name='Nukkus']dude, quit trolling. i alread told what happened in the chat, all i did was ask what to do with my broken games, and he asked for my order id. and i do have the saved reciepts, which i submitted to buysafe. however as there is no longer any order details with inetvideo, the reciepts (in beysafe's words) could be "doctored". i paid with paypal, and i cannot do anything at their end as they will not deal with broken goods, only with items not actually arriving. now if you wish to continue harping at someone and telling them that they are full of it, i suggest you find soemone else as i have had enough bullsh*t from inetvideo, i do not need yours as well.[/QUOTE]

He has a right to be skeptical. Points 1 and 3 are valid in that you didn't post a log of your chat with their technical support and you did concede too early. He just wanted verification is all.

Your post intrigued me though and I googled them up and came across this link: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/iNetVideo. Looks like quite a few people commented about customer service issues with them. Definitely a place to avoid. Thanks for warning us Nukkus and hopefully you get your issues with them resolved soon!

[quote name='game_fanatic']From the sounds of this, you handled it very poorly...

I bet there's more to this story than what the OP is telling. After all, we only have his side of the story. Do we even have proof a transaction occurred? The OP could (and I emphasize, could) be completely full of it. All we have to go on is his word.[/QUOTE]

We have heard both sides, iNet had their guy pretending to be a regular user posting wonderful things about them :p

But I guess I do see were you're coming from, I just recognize Nukkus from the forums as being "trustworthy", and iNet has a horrible reputation from what I searched.

[quote name='Nukkus']how do i get this thread stickied?[/QUOTE]

Why would this be stickied? Moreover, why would this be the first thread ever in the Canada forum to be stickied?? I understand your frustration, but there is no way this is going to get stickied. Moved to 'shopping discussion' maybe!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Why would this be stickied? Moreover, why would this be the first thread ever in the Canada forum to be stickied?? I understand your frustration, but there is no way this is going to get stickied. Moved to 'shopping discussion' maybe![/QUOTE]

game_fanatic, if you do not stop trolling my thread i will ask the mods to intervene.

I hardly say he's trolling. If you'd like this pinned somewhere, shopping discussion would be an appropriate place for it to be kept. This being pinned in the deal forum would be insulting to many better topics that've never gotten a pin...

As for how to get a topic pinned, it's the same across the entire net. PM a mod and ask nicely. If they think it's worthwhile they'll do it.

[quote name='Nukkus']game_fanatic, if you do not stop trolling my thread i will ask the mods to intervene.[/QUOTE]

'Trolling' would indicate that my posts add no value to the topic at hand, which is incorrect. My posts are me keeping an open mind on the subject. if one analyzes the situation, there are several inconsistencies, which I mentioned, and which you've considered 'trolling.' You become extremely defensive whenever someone suggests that we may not be getting the whole story, threatening to involve the Mod's to 'silence' me when I bring up valid points. The most likely scenario when you contact a Mod would be the transferring of this thread from the 'Deal' section to 'Shopping Discussion.'

You're asking how to get this thread stickied, which would be an insult to far-more deserving threads, such as:

TIV Thread
Canadian Question & Answer Thread
As well as the XBL Deal of the Week/Month threads and the weekly flyer threads.

If this get stickied, then every time a CAG has an issue w/ a particular retailer and creates a thread about it, that thread would have to be stickied. Then we'd have an entire page of stickied threads telling CAG's to "stay the HELL away" from BB/FS/GS/Zellers/WM/etc.

[quote name='Nukkus']how do i get this thread stickied?[/QUOTE]It's not sticky-worthy, sorry.

[quote name='Nukkus']game_fanatic, if you do not stop trolling my thread i will ask the mods to intervene.[/QUOTE]game_fanatic isn't trolling in the thread. I've read his posts, and he's not trolling.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not sticky-worthy, sorry.

game_fanatic isn't trolling in the thread. I've read his posts, and he's not trolling.[/QUOTE]

if you say so... :(

Just received my first order ever from Inet (using the $20 for $10 coupon from the groupbuy deal posted on rfd)

Took a few days to ship it(no problem, but it was longer then the processing touted), arrived in a paper bubble mailer(similar to how FS sends games in plastic ones). CP expedited parcel which didn't take long as Im not too far.

Got Red Steel 2 and 2 filler HD DVDS for the coupon and 47 cents. They treat the group buy purchase as a coupon not a gc so aren't charging tax on the amount..which i think means there should have been tax charged when the group buy place sold the coupon. Oh well, saves me a few cents.

No complaints

bread's done
Back