STEAM - 50-10% OFF games, ORANGE BOX $37.45

vipercrome

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, I don't know if you guys noticed, but everyone with a STEAM account who doesn't own ORANGE BOX, should give this a TRY, $37.45. BTW, there are more games in sale because everything is 10% to 50% off!

BTW, sale ends JANUARY 1st....

With discount the Eidos Holiday Pack is $67.45! Includes:

Infernal
Just Cause
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men™
Project: Snowblind
Rogue Trooper
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Pretty great deal if you're interested in the majority of those games.

[quote name='TrunksSSJ23']What is STEAM?[/quote]
If you don't know what it is, then I highly doubt you'll be interested in the deal.

steam is a client that half life utilizes. Steam is free to download then you can login in and buy games. You can play your games anywhere with your login. A great client, with tons of games - you should check it out =-P

Counterstrike especially :cool:

Some noteworthy ones:

Bioshock $37.45
Civ IV 29.95
Stalker 22.45
CoH 22.45
Psychonauts 9.95

These are really great deals on some pretty good games.

thanks op.

I have no idea how to get in on this deal, but I guess I'll figure it out when Steam loads...

edit: oops, thought there was a code or something.

Interested in STALKER, but I was wondering if I can choose when to download it? I would assume so, but I'm just checking, cause I am in the process of upgrading from DSL (slowest option on AT&T) to cable...

Wow there are some kickass deals on Steam. The Eidos and id packs are pretty awesome deals. I'm glad I have a week to think about what I want to buy.

[quote name='Proto Man']$10 Peggle. So worth it.[/QUOTE]

It's already been $10 on Popcap's site for awhile, but having it in Steam is nice.

For those that don't know what Steam is. It's sort of like iTunes Music Store for games. ;) http://www.steampowered.com

Oh. Well, at least the id superpack is $53. For the mass amount of stuff in that one, it's well worth it.

This deal is good for another week, so unless a better deal pops up I'll grab Company of Heroes at 25% off! Thanks OP!

For any who haven't played it, Psychonauts for $10 is a freaking steal. Fantastic game. The Shadowgrounds pack with both Shadowgrounds games for $13 is also very tempting - they're billed as sort of top-down Doom meets SmashTV games, and the trailers for them look good.

All in all, pretty great sale. I'm not sure what I'll pick up yet - already got Bioshock when Best Buy had it for $25 and the Orange Box when Circuit City had it for $30 (holy crap, it's been an awesome season for sales) - but I'll get something for sure.

[quote name='MM3_XBOX']This deal is good for another week, so unless a better deal pops up I'll grab Company of Heroes at 25% off! Thanks OP![/quote]

retail version is super cheap on ebay
collectors edition sealed goes for about 10-15 shipped

Wow...these are pretty tempting. I'd love Civ 4, but I noticed Amazon has a real copy for just $5 more...it it's DRM situation weird?

I wish that ID pack included Quake 4...

I'm on the fence about Trackmania United. I really wanted to see it 50% off, but 25% is better than 10% like most of the games are. Unless someone knows where I can get the retail copy for less?

[quote name='MysterD']I think The Orange Box (retail box) was a better deal on Black Friday for $24.99 from Best Buy, myself...[/quote]

Well of course it was. I'm kicking myself for not buying copies to give as gifts then, but what's done is done. This active deal is easily the best price available since that now long expired BB deal, hands down. That is unless you happen to have a deal on a time machine that you could share with us . . ?

Any way you slice it, Orange Box is a good deal for $50 and a steal for anything less.

Thanks to the OP!

Finally, Gmod10 for less than $10...glad I waited on it. Bought it twice, one for me, one as a gift.

I might get the "Best of Underground" pack, for Geo Wars and RDKF.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']retail version is super cheap on ebay
collectors edition sealed goes for about 10-15 shipped[/QUOTE]

Oh...never thought it'd be this cheap. Grabbing one on eBay instead, thanks!

Sin Episodes for $7.45 is the best price since CC had it for almost as cheap on release. You'll get good value on your dollar. It ain't perfect (The enemies are too accurate, too fast... I think, for the survival modes or similar exercises to have real value, but the difficulty scaling is just cool however you slice it.) but it is dang fine mindless shooter action. Right up there with the likes of Black or Timeshift.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Sin Episodes for $7.45 is the best price since CC had it for almost as cheap on release. You'll get good value on your dollar. It ain't perfect (The enemies are too accurate, too fast... I think, for the survival modes or similar exercises to have real value, but the difficulty scaling is just cool however you slice it.) but it is dang fine mindless shooter action. Right up there with the likes of Black or Timeshift.[/QUOTE]

^Agreed^

I love this game, I've played it through at least three times. :D It even includes the origin Sin game, which is also blast to play (although very dated, but I have fond memories of playing it many years ago).

[quote name='King Bahamut']Not bad but...it's Steam.[/QUOTE]
If you're still caught up in the stigma of Steam being a piece of shit, seriously, stop living in 2004, and join us here in near-2008. Steam works great these days.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Sin Episodes for $7.45 is the best price since CC had it for almost as cheap on release. You'll get good value on your dollar. It ain't perfect (The enemies are too accurate, too fast... I think, for the survival modes or similar exercises to have real value, but the difficulty scaling is just cool however you slice it.) but it is dang fine mindless shooter action. Right up there with the likes of Black or Timeshift.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't pay $7.45 for Sin Episodes (god, it's really pathetic hearing that title now, seeing as how there will never be a second episode) alone, but seeing as how it's actually a package that also includes the original Sin, it just might be worth it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']If you're still caught up in the stigma of Steam being a piece of shit, seriously, stop living in 2004, and join us here in near-2008. Steam works great these days.[/quote]

What he said. Hating Steam isn't even uncool any more, it is simply sad.

I wouldn't pay $7.45 for Sin Episodes (god, it's really pathetic hearing that title now, seeing as how there will never be a second episode) alone, but seeing as how it's actually a package that also includes the original Sin, it just might be worth it.

Harsh. Yes, Sin Episodes includes Sin 1 and Sin 1 MP. Doubtful Sin 1 MP has a playerbase.

Still... HARSH. Sin Episodes isn't that bad.

[quote name='King Bahamut']Not bad but...it's Steam.[/QUOTE]
I was wary of Steam for some time as well, but after using it a lot with the Orange Box ($25 BF deal) I have no qualms with it and think it works pretty well.

That said, I bought Psychonauts after playing the demo last night; I'm currently waiting for it to finish downloading.

I wish there was some type of Civilization IV pack that had all of the games in it. I know that there's a Complete edition released elsewhere in the world, but no US release has even been mentioned.

[quote name='angrysalad187']what is the price of Day of Defeat source? I put off buying it and then I just forgot about it.[/QUOTE]
$8.95 on sale right now.

[quote name='Durinthal']I wish there was some type of Civilization IV pack that had all of the games in it. I know that there's a Complete edition released elsewhere in the world, but no US release has even been mentioned.[/QUOTE]
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=393&cc=US

Question: If I buy Sin Episodes in the retail boxed form, and then activate it on Steam, will I get the original Sin and Sin MP that's included in the Steam package for Sin Episodes?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Question: If I buy Sin Episodes in the retail boxed form, and then activate it on Steam, will I get the original Sin and Sin MP that's included in the Steam package for Sin Episodes?[/QUOTE]

Yarp. (That's a "yes" btw)

I think I have a few days to purchase Sin Episodes. I haven't had any luck finding a copy of Sin (the original) anywhere, so I may buy it.

I'd go for the ID Superpack but I don't want to pay for DOSBox versions of their older games. :p

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I'd go for the ID Superpack but I don't want to pay for DOSBox versions of their older games. :p[/QUOTE]
You can use the WAD and PAK files from Doom and Quake in modern engine ports for those games.

For instance, I play Doom using the Skulltag engine port, in high resolution, with modern lighting effects, rendered in openGL, with the ability to jump, freelook, and crouch, with vast online options. It's awesome.

The same can be done with Quake and whatnot.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Are you quoting from Hot Fuzz (probably not, heh)? :p

Anyways thanks.[/QUOTE]

lol yarp! Love that movie, though Shaun of the Dead is better IMO. :)

[quote name='Alien Spider']lol yarp! Love that movie, though Shaun of the Dead is better IMO. :)[/QUOTE]
Oh haha, wow, I thought I was the only person who really latched onto the "YARP" line. Awesome. :)

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You can use the WAD and PAK files from Doom and Quake in modern engine ports for those games.

For instance, I play Doom using the Skulltag engine port, in high resolution, with modern lighting effects, rendered in openGL, with the ability to jump, freelook, and crouch, with vast online options. It's awesome.

The same can be done with Quake and whatnot.[/quote]

Wow, I'd love to hear about these source ports. I own legit copies of many of the games in the pack, and have messed around a bit with ZDoom but I'm a total newbie.

(After looking up the ID Super Pack, I realized I don't own any of the Hexen/Heretic games, the Doom 3 expansion, Commander Keen, nor the Master Levels for Doom II. Heh.)

Red orchestra buy here. Great mod for UT2K4! Now with the Darkest Hour Normandy mod near release and an Africa campagn mod and I think an Italian mod also it'll be great. Now just for an Pacific mod. It's like a FPS Close Combat tactical series.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Wow, I'd love to hear about these source ports. I own legit copies of many of the games in the pack, and have messed around a bit with ZDoom but I'm a total newbie.

(After looking up the ID Super Pack, I realized I don't own any of the Hexen/Heretic games, the Doom 3 expansion, Commander Keen, nor the Master Levels for Doom II. Heh.)[/QUOTE]
I'll write up about it for you shortly. :)

bread's done
Back