Steam: Alien Breed: Impact 2-pack $22.48

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610/

Alien Breed: Impact is the latest in the Alien Breed series from developer Team 17 (Worms). It's a sci-fi shooter that seems to be inspired by Alien Syndrome (and of course Aliens). Impact is an enhanced version of the XBLA game (and it supports the Xbox 360 controller). It's also coming to PS3.

New special!

Get a two-pack of Alien Breed for $22.48 ($7.50 savings off regular price):

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4475/

That's $11.24 each. The regular price is $14.99 each.

There is a free multiplayer demo available.

• Alien Breed is back! - An action-packed mix of arcade-shooter, survival-horror and tactical weapons upgrades and customization.
  • Epic single-player story mode - The single-player campaign mode that follows the narrative of the game through five huge and challenging environments.
  • Single-player free-play mode - A single-player challenge mode – beat your high score on a previously completed campaign mission.
  • Two-player co-operative play mode - Work together to defeat the alien horde across three specifically customized maps.
    [*]Additional Steam online features - Quick Match, Create Game, Friends Lists, Voice Chat, Leader-boards and Co-operative Achievements.
    [*]FREE TRIAL - The “Prologue” sample section – a specifically designed introduction to the game; play in either single-player or two-player online co-operative mode.
    [*]NEW – Upgrades shop - Search fallen comrades and lockers to accumulate cash, and then tactically spend it on weapons/kit upgrades in the shop.
    [*]NEW - Enemies - Re-imagined and improved Alien Breed enemies.

55230_AlienBreedEvolution-01_normal.jpg

[youtube]DmJL8uztqWo[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
The two-player co-op is what has me the most interested; I love finding games that are good for my pals and I. The cheap preorder price makes it even more tempting.

Reminds me of Shadowgrounds.

This game looks and plays pretty good. It's like Shadowgrounds on steroids due to the beefier graphics and camera controls.

I'm interested, but I somehow can't get past the fact that it was 800 MS points for the Xbox 360, yet it's retailing for $14.99 (or 10% off pre-order..) on the PC.

Just read this, may have to pass (wanted it mainly for the co-op):

"Co-op is not the full story, but specially designed and balanced levels"

[quote name='Spooon69']Just read this, may have to pass (wanted it mainly for the co-op):

"Co-op is not the full story, but specially designed and balanced levels"[/QUOTE]

And wtf, "three specially customized maps"? How long until they try to rip us off by selling extra maps as DLC?

Co-Op is three stages from the story - I think the story is something like 6 stages, and IIRC at least 2 of those wouldn't work in co-op since one is a prologue and I think the last stage wouldn't work in a co-op type fashion.

It's fun enough if you've got a buddy to co-op with. I enjoyed it enough on the 360.

Keep in mind, on the 360 this was also called "Episode 1" instead of Impact, with 2 more episodes coming. Not sure why they changed the name for the PC one.

[quote name='hal']I'm interested, but I somehow can't get past the fact that it was 800 MS points for the Xbox 360, yet it's retailing for $14.99 (or 10% off pre-order..) on the PC.[/QUOTE]

I've seen some posts on the Facebook page of the developers, about the
fate of 360 fans. I'm hoping that they bite the bullet, take a small loss,
so that they don't anger their fans on the 360.

[quote name='GlassAgate']I've seen some posts on the Facebook page of the developers, about the
fate of 360 fans. I'm hoping that they bite the bullet, take a small loss,
so that they don't anger their fans on the 360.[/QUOTE]

What I meant to say was that I hope that they put in the extra effort
to present an updated version of the first game.

From reading the posts, it sounds as if the 2nd XBLA game will contain the fixes and updated features found in the second release of the first game.
I'm not sure, but it sort of sounds like the prologue campaign, featured in the first game's updated PC and PSN release, might be offered in the second
XBLA release.

[quote name='Spooon69']I'll wait for the PS3 version, just because I don't want to buy another 360 controller for my PC.[/QUOTE]

You should give the demo a shot, I personally think it plays a lot better with a keyboard/mouse than with a controller.

I'd buy it but my backlog of video games is so huge that I'd be better off not. I'm sure it'll go on sale by the time I come around to playing it anyway.

bread's done
Back