STEAM: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $29.99

Kenrik

CAGiversary!
$29.99 + free Access to the Medal of Honer Beta.

Good deal. Was $49.99 this morning.

Not listed under the specials... so unless you're paying attention you may have missed this one.

[quote name='bdb2m']Thank you for posting this as I almost bought this full price today.[/QUOTE]

Me too...

thank god I waited.

Good deal, but I still cherish my PAX discount price of $20 from EA Direct. The thing that SUCKS about BFBC2 though is that whenever they jam a mandatory update down your throat, it breaks your save game, forcing you to start at the beginning of the mission. Happened again to me tonight, but at least it was less than 10 minutes to get back to where I left off. Too bad it's a checkpoint save game and some of those are waaaaaaay too far apart.

Is there a demo for this? How does it compare to the 360 version? I really could not get into it and I loved the first one.

Good news, I was hoping Bad Company 2 and Mass Effect 2 would drop to $30 before the holiday sales, I'll be picking these up when they go on sale.

[quote name='eliter1']Is there a demo for this? How does it compare to the 360 version? I really could not get into it and I loved the first one.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is a demo (they had a beta before the game released that was kind of the demo) but it is way better playing it on PC than on 360.

I have it for both and I have found that people on PC play better as a team and actually go for objectives (arming and disarming in Rush, defending bases in Conquest) rather than just going around racking up as many kills as you can like a lot of people do on 360 because they are so used to MW2. I also like the increased player count of 32 on PC rather than 24 on 360.

The visuals are leaps and bounds better on the PC. Make sure your PC can run it OK. It is a pretty demanding game so you might want to look up some benchmarks. I run everything on HIGH except I turn down shadows to LOW, HBAO and VSYNC off, at 1920x1080 with 16x anistropic and 2xaa on a GTX 280 and Phenom II X4 at 3.4ghz and I average around 50-60 frames.

TLDR: Get it on PC.

Get the console version, it has Onslaught mode and more patches/fixes. I want to say more maps, but I'm not positive on that one.

[quote name='rybrad']Does this game have any co-op at all? I keep hearing mixed information on co-op.[/QUOTE]

Original Release:No co-op, but multiplayer with team modes.

Now:Onslaught is similar to the Firefight/Horde modes that are popular now, which is a cooperative team vs the AI. Singleplayer is still not coop. Not sure what platforms it's on, but IIRC, it's NOT on PC yet. Unsure of price(lots of BFBC2 dlc was free, but this one may have been the paid one?)

Steam doesn't show the old price crossed out as they always do with sales; is this a permanent price drop?

Looking forward to the next BC2 sale since $30 is the new price point. It is still a bit pricey for me to want to double dip (already have it on 360).

I have this game on 360 and PC, and I much prefer playing it on PC. I am just significantly better at it on PC. Also, the PC version has been patched to match the 360 version, so the statements about updates is not valid any longer (though it was for quite some time). Onslaught mode does not exist on the PC YET, but it will, as they officially announced it recently and retracted their words about it not being possible. I personally don't care about onslaught mode, as all you do is shoot AI controlled baddies with 1-3 other people. BFBC2 is alllllll about RUSH BABY so fuck that.

This is my favorite version of this game. Get it if you prefer PC FPS controls to console FPS controls.

bread's done
Back