Steam - Buy Tales of Monkey Island Before 12/15, Get Secret of Monkey Island SE Free

Tsukento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31170/

Now that all 5 chapters of Tales of Monkey Island are out, Steam is offering Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition for free if you buy Tales of Monkey Island before December 15. It's all set as the "Monkey Island Complete Pack" for $34.99.

I only managed to play the first chapter due to Telltale Games offering it for free on Talk Like a Pirate Day, but it's really a great addition to the Monkey Island series. And of course, Secret of Monkey Island is fantastic. :applause:

[quote name='Tsukento']
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31170/

Now that all 5 chapters of Tales of Monkey Island are out, Steam is offering Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition for free if you buy Tales of Monkey Island before December 15. It's all set as the "Monkey Island Complete Pack" for $34.99.

I only managed to play the first chapter due to Telltale Games offering it for free on Talk Like a Pirate Day, but it's really a great addition to the Monkey Island series. And of course, Secret of Monkey Island is fantastic. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I feel supremely screwed after finishing the fifth chapter a couple days ago. I have not felt so disappointed in awhile with a Monkey Island ending, in fact this would be the very first time it has happened. I understand they are trying to set it up for the next season so Telltale can milk as much money out of this as they can, but to be honest, I have doubts about even continuing the second season once it comes out. They could not have given Monkey Island fans a bigger middle finger than the way they ended the first season. Telltale somehow found a way to ruin the one game I have always had faith in. Very disappointed with you Telltale.

Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition is practically being given away by Steam. I bought it during the $4.99 Weekend Deal, but, soon after, it was $2.50 during the 5-Day 1-Day Sale.

Apparently, Steam thinks everyone needs to play that Special Edition.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition is practically being given away by Steam. I bought it during the $4.99 Weekend Deal, but, soon after, it was $2.50 during the 5-Day 1-Day Sale.

Apparently, Steam thinks everyone needs to play that Special Edition.[/QUOTE]

Well if you're a fan of Monkey Island, its actually redone very well. It does not take away much from the original.

Hohoho, I wasn't complaining. I'm glad the game is so accessible price-wise. I just wish I had grabbed it when it was $2.50 instead of $4.99.

Wait. Yes, I am complaining.

What are you going to do about it, Square? Your hamster on a miniature arcade machine is no match for my Tails Doll wearing a Santa Cap.

Remember: For CAGer's, there's always a lower price somewhere down the road.

I wish they'd just do a 50% off the episodes or something like that, since I want to play them, but I already have Special Edition and kind of want to wait for a deal.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Hohoho, I wasn't complaining. I'm glad the game is so accessible price-wise. I just wish I had grabbed it when it was $2.50 instead of $4.99.

Wait. Yes, I am complaining.

What are you going to do about it, Square? Your hamster on a miniature arcade machine is no match for my Tails Doll wearing a Santa Cap.

Remember: For CAGer's, there's always a lower price somewhere down the road.[/QUOTE]

Don't mess with the hamster. He's playing as Ryu! Hadouken!

I picked up SE for $2.50 during the sale not knowing a bit about the series. I've only played maybe a couple hours in so far but I like it a lot. It actually made me LOL so that's worth the price already =)

btw what's gameplay like for the new stuff? Stilll point & click adventure?

Yep, still point and click adventure. Only this time it's in 3D. Some people hate it, some like it. I honestly like the look to it. S'not like the Monkey Island series has had one main style, seeing as how it's been different with each new title since Curse of Monkey Island.

bread's done
Back