Steam: Buy Tales of Monkey Island for $34.99 get Wallace and Gromit Episode 1 Free

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Buying Tales of Monkey Island (all 5 episodes) for $34.99, gets you the first episode of Wallace and Gromit for free. Lasts until July 14th.

Tales of Monkey Island:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1780/

Wallace and Gromit Episode 1: Fright of the Bumblebees:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/31100/

Those who bite should be aware that you can only get the rest of the Wallace and Gromit episodes buy buying the whole pack for $34.99 (which already includes episode 1).

If you get the complete season from Telltale themselves, you get to pick any one of their series episode games for the free bonus.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'll be stoked when the topic title changes tomorrow to reflect the hopefully awesome steam deals that come out with the release of LucasArts classics on Steam!! I hope there's some super discounted bundle that throws almost all of them together for a lower price!

[quote name='etcrane']Not to hijack this thread, but I'll be stoked when the topic title changes tomorrow to reflect the hopefully awesome steam deals that come out with the release of LucasArts classics on Steam!! I hope there's some super discounted bundle that throws almost all of them together for a lower price![/QUOTE]

-1 for mentioning "hijack this thread" without any pirate lingo.
+2 for mentioning tomorrow's releases (Loom FTW)

waiting for Steam to mark it down... go on sale... something... but that won't be for months since all the chapters won't be release yet for MI?

[quote name='cheapo72']-1 for mentioning "hijack this thread" without any pirate lingo.
+2 for mentioning tomorrow's releases (Loom FTW)[/QUOTE]

Definitely getting LOOM and Last Crusade. They are the only Lucasarts graphic adventures I've never played (I think). The ones I have--

Monkey Island 1-4 (started 5 last night)
Maniac Mansion 1 and 2 AKA Day of the Tentacle
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
The Dig
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango

Am I missing any? Not sure.

Ouch ... $4.99 per Lucasarts game and 19.99 for Battlefront II ... not exactly a deal ... here's hoping for a bundle for the weekend deal maybe?

[quote name='etcrane']... here's hoping for a bundle for the weekend deal maybe?[/QUOTE]
I think that would upset quite a few people.

[quote name='BIG5']Am I missing any? Not sure.[/QUOTE]
Zak McKracken & the Alien Mindbenders (1988)
The Labyrinth (1986)

Yeah, but I'm not going to pay $4.99 a game for something I already bought 15 years ago, when a bundle would allow me to grab some of the games I wouldn't normally pick up (like LOOM, no offense ... just wasn't my thing at the time and I would grab it in a bundle). Plus $19.99 just seems like too much for Battlefront, unless the PC version was way above and beyond the xbox version.

It's not that I don't want to buy these games, it's the fact I don't want to buy 2 or 3 today, and then come back in a month and see the whole set for 75% of what I would have paid if I bought it all now. Because if I buy Fate of Atlantis now and Last Crusade now at $4.99 and then see the inevitable Lucas Arts Classic Game Pack Bundle that includes LOOM, The Dig, Full Throttle, Sam & Max etc (once they're all released over the course of the next month or so) for $19.99 ... then I'll be sad ... ;-)

$5 for those Lucasarts games is too much? Are you nuts?! I was HOPING they'd be as low as $10. Lucasarts just low-balled me.

I'm gladly picking these up today to send a clear message that I want more. I won't be waiting for a bundle just to save $2 or whatever. Release day needs to have massive impact so that they get the message loud and clear.

interesting, thanks.
151l1259.jpg

I like the prices, but now that I've seen the screens, I don't like the smoothing effect. Please tell me you can turn it off.

Yeah, they are too much when you consider you could buy bundles of 5 games for $20 back in the day ... this is cheap ass gamer not moderate value gamer dude ... hear that sucking sound, that's nostalgia eating your wallet ;-)

$5 for a single game now is like $3.50 back in the 90s with inflation. And the key is SINGLE GAME. Yeah, you always get some additional discount when you buy a quantity because tons of people like me will end up buying a bundle of five when we really only want maybe 3 of the games. So a $20 bundle is over $7 per game (with tax) for the games I would actually want.

Bottom line is, $5 is a GREAT price.

Here's another way of looking about it. GAF whines and cries about the price of everything, but GAF has no beef with classic LucasArts titles at $5. Anybody who thinks $5 is high is out of touch. It is cheap.

Just got Monkey Island Season 1 from Telltale as well as the two Indy adventure games and The Dig off steam. I had Last Crusade on Amiga which I no longer have and Fate of Atlantis is buried somewhere in my basement so it will be nice to have those two classics close at hand. For some reason, I never played The Dig. Hope it's as good as the other games. Now I'm looking forward to the Monkey Island 1 remake next week.

[quote name='Beer Monkey']$5 for a single game now is like $3.50 back in the 90s with inflation. And the key is SINGLE GAME. Yeah, you always get some additional discount when you buy a quantity because tons of people like me will end up buying a bundle of five when we really only want maybe 3 of the games. So a $20 bundle is over $7 per game (with tax) for the games I would actually want.

Bottom line is, $5 is a GREAT price.

Here's another way of looking about it. GAF whines and cries about the price of everything, but GAF has no beef with classic LucasArts titles at $5. Anybody who thinks $5 is high is out of touch. It is cheap.[/QUOTE]

From a relative perspective, $5 isn't high ... however, for someone who is interested in all the games as opposed to just a few here and there, it makes more sense to wait for a bundle. That's my point, no $5 isn't going to break the bank and many of the titles are worth far more than that, but a bundle is all but inevitable and it will be a better value if, like me, you are interested in each of the games rather than spending $20 on 4 games right now. This has more to do with knowing how Steam works than it does about the individual games being offered up again. Not to mention, when you're talking inflation and also the fact you wouldn't want all the games in a bundle, we are comparing digital downloads versus hard copies which, in some cases, had printed manuals. As it stands now, Lucasarts is getting pure profit off of 15-20 year old games with no cost to them, so it's not like the developer is suffering from lower prices (granted Lucasarts is starting to look like the Titanic with some of their more recent releases ... god damn that Staff of Kings ... awful)

And Battlefront 2 is overpriced ... I really don't care what anyone says about it's rarity or eBay prices ... $20 is overpriced

On the other hand, Commando is a great deal at $10

If they came out with an ultimatum that the 4.99 adventures were never going to be in a pack with other games, I'd buy them all now just to show support.

[quote name='BIG5']I like the prices, but now that I've seen the screens, I don't like the smoothing effect. Please tell me you can turn it off.[/QUOTE]
16279507.jpg

16279507.jpg
(from lucasarts twitter feed)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']From a relative perspective, $5 isn't high ... however, for someone who is interested in all the games as opposed to just a few here and there, it makes more sense to wait for a bundle. That's my point, no $5 isn't going to break the bank and many of the titles are worth far more than that, but a bundle is all but inevitable and it will be a better value if, like me, you are interested in each of the games rather than spending $20 on 4 games right now. This has more to do with knowing how Steam works than it does about the individual games being offered up again. Not to mention, when you're talking inflation and also the fact you wouldn't want all the games in a bundle, we are comparing digital downloads versus hard copies which, in some cases, had printed manuals. As it stands now, Lucasarts is getting pure profit off of 15-20 year old games with no cost to them, so it's not like the developer is suffering from lower prices (granted Lucasarts is starting to look like the Titanic with some of their more recent releases ... god damn that Staff of Kings ... awful)

And Battlefront 2 is overpriced ... I really don't care what anyone says about it's rarity or eBay prices ... $20 is overpriced

On the other hand, Commando is a great deal at $10[/QUOTE]

Ya, every major publisher on Steam ends up getting a bundle package or two. So it makes much more sense to wait for that. And I completely agree with you on the price for Battlefront 2. Republic Commando is only a few months older, yet it's half the price!

bread's done
Back