Steam Call of Duty 5: Waw $25 (50% off) - Mid-week Deal

I didn't buy it the last time it was $25, might grab it this time around though
Just finished Mass Effect on PC, don't have much to play right now lol

[quote name='Chlorox']Out of curiosity are the map packs free on pc? That could be a deciding factor for me.[/QUOTE]

They're not free for Call of Duty 5: Waw. Because there is no Call of Duty 5. But they are free for Call of Duty: World at War.

[quote name='whats_the_word']Hmm hope this becomes routine o_0[/QUOTE]

I sorta hope it doesn't, Steam takes enough of my money as is :cold:

but I would be happy if it does, just poorer :p

[quote name='Chlorox']Out of curiosity are the map packs free on pc? That could be a deciding factor for me.[/QUOTE]

They are free for the PC. Although there is about a month or so delay after the console releases.

[quote name='PCWONK']They're not free for Call of Duty 5: Waw. Because there is no Call of Duty 5. But they are free for Call of Duty: World at War.[/QUOTE]
Yes, please update the title OP. COD5 does not exist.

[quote name='PCWONK']They're not free for Call of Duty 5: Waw. Because there is no Call of Duty 5. But they are free for Call of Duty: World at War.[/QUOTE]
WaW is CoD5. The only reason CoD: WaW isn't called Call of Duty 5 is so Activision's audience doesn't realize a new CoD comes out every year. They did the same thing with Guitar Hero IV, although that also would have had the abbreviation GHIV.

CoD:W@W is temping, I've been wanting to play a good PC shooter, is the online community still there?

Yeah, I actually see just as many servers with people in it as I do see in COD4. Actually, seems easier to find a nice, semi-busy to busy server on World at War than Modern Warfare these days (in my opinion)... but I do limit my searches to servers under 100 ping.

i'm not in any way sure of how to edit titles, but i'm sure it doesnt matter all that much. Madden 10 is coming out and it should be called madden 18 or so...although that example maybe isnt the best
people know exactly what i'm talking about, at least i added the colon and "Waw" after it (though maybe i should capitalize those last two...)

[quote name='susanto1228']25 bucks to duke it out with hackers?????? no thanks[/QUOTE]

So do you just not buy any competitive games on the PC? Because that seems like a pretty arbitrary reason to turn this down.

[quote name='Doomed']WaW is CoD5. The only reason CoD: WaW isn't called Call of Duty 5 is so Activision's audience doesn't realize a new CoD comes out every year. They did the same thing with Guitar Hero IV, although that also would have had the abbreviation GHIV.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

some people are anal as hell. who cares if he didn't put the exact title of the game. WAW is the fifth install of the COD series even if they didn't indicate the number 5.

i have cod 5 for ps3 and the new zombie maps have provided hours of entertainment. I'd get it but my PC isnt for gaming. I'd love to play with the mouse. definately worth it, IMO.

[quote name='Xealot42']Good deal.

Direct2Drive is matching this price in case anyone doesn't like STEAM for some reason.[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken wouldn't the direct2drive version make it a game for windows Live thus giving you achievements on your 360 rather than steam achievements.

[quote name='Chlorox']If I'm not mistaken wouldn't the direct2drive version make it a game for windows Live thus giving you achievements on your 360 rather than steam achievements.[/QUOTE]

Steam version would have the same achievements

also Call of Duty: World at War isn't a Games for Windows Live title so it doesn't have any achievements on PC no matter where you buy it

Huh shoulda looked at the box art a tad bit closer. It reads "Games for Windows" not "Games for Windows Live." Which apparently means it does indeed not have achievements. Weak.

[quote name='Chlorox']Huh shoulda looked at the box art a tad bit closer. It reads "Games for Windows" not "Games for Windows Live." Which apparently means it does indeed not have achievements. Weak.[/QUOTE]

It not having GFWL is arguable. Games for Windows Live is a pretty horrible service. Sure it's nice to get the achievements, but the problems I've had with it don't really seem worth it.

The auto-patching is buggy as hell, it wouldn't even recognize DoW2 and didn't award any achievements (i had to delete my gamertag and recover it manually), I can't even play Fallout3 anymore because it won't connect to Live and when I try to reinstall, Live tells me the cd key I use is invalid or something.

Now I'm not saying that this is a rule, probably just the exception.

bread's done
Back