Steam Code Drop ~ NO BEGGING! NO TRADING!

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Anyone got DoW Retribution: Last Standalone?
If so
then
you can have
this:
MLFG4-96VC0-4MKE6
[/QUOTE]

Don't have the base game :cry:

[quote name='RiseFromYourGrave']Anyone got DoW Retribution: Last Standalone?
If so
then
you can have
this:
MLFG4-96VC0-4MKE6
[/QUOTE]

Hey -- thanks!

Enjoy!!!! (please post if you take them so everyone knows they're used, thanks!)
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC Steam Key = B09QM-YL8CJ-0ARY6
Cave Story+ Steam Key = ILPW4-53IGV-HRCCQ

[quote name='kevindoc']Enjoy!!!! (please post if you take them so everyone knows they're used, thanks!)
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC Steam Key = B09QM-YL8CJ-0ARY6
Cave Story+ Steam Key = ILPW4-53IGV-HRCCQ[/QUOTE]

Lurked. Would have loved to get those!

[quote name='flymetopolaris']i always late :( i like dungeon defenders, who can give me a code :([/QUOTE]

Seriously? Don't beg, makes you look pathetic.

[quote name='flymetopolaris']i always late :( i like dungeon defenders, who can give me a code :([/QUOTE]

>Always late
>Register some days ago.
>The first post is for beg.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
They should make this thread private, for registered users only.
And only let people with enabled chat privileges see the codes.
That way we wouldn't be getting lurked so hard.

[quote name='Assburger']They should make this thread private, for registered users only.
That way we wouldn't be getting lurked so hard.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sulc84']agree with you :)[/QUOTE]

Lol, says the guy who joined under 30 days ago and agreed with by the guy who just signed up.

Sure, I just signed up too - who doesn't want a chance for free games but its just funny how newbies want to dictate policies and rules.

[quote name='Assburger']They should make this thread private, for registered users only.
That way we wouldn't be getting lurked so hard.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, a lot of lurkers are registered members that have had an account for years. Not sure what you mean by "enabled chat privileges" but even Neogaf gets lurked hard, and it takes several months to get an account approved over there (people often hide keys so you have to quote the post, and you need to be registered to do that).

The solution is simple...
Post your giveaway here and just ask for a pm to send the key!

Edit: On 2nd thought that might cause a pm spam... :)

[quote name='spoderman']Doesn't matter, a lot of lurkers are registered members that have had an account for years. Not sure what you mean by "enabled chat privileges" but even Neogaf gets lurked hard, and it takes several months to get an account approved over there (people often hide keys so you have to quote the post, and you need to be registered to do that).[/QUOTE]

What I mean by "enabled chat privileges" is that even if you're registered you have to wait a while before you're allowed to make posts. I noticed that when I was going to thank someone else and wasn't able to due to some activation period I had to go through. My thought was that then people that use the key wouldn't have an excuse not to let the others know that it has been taken, thus saving them time and frustration. But hey, that's just my opinion.

[quote name='Cagamer99']Lol, says the guy who joined under 30 days ago and agreed with by the guy who just signed up.

Sure, I just signed up too - who doesn't want a chance for free games but its just funny how newbies want to dictate policies and rules.[/QUOTE]

Even funnier that you obviously care so much about it and take the time to waste letters on pointless wise-guy comments, instead of pitching in with useful ideas like the other guys further down the page.

The solution is to make it more difficult to discover the key, like a missing letter or number to be discovered, or maybe a little game, something that makes it worth the effort, not just waste a key for the lurkers.

[quote name='Assburger']Even funnier that you obviously care so much about it and take the time to waste letters on pointless wise-guy comments, instead of pitching in with useful ideas like the other guys further down the page.[/QUOTE]

The whole point is people have made these suggestions before and people have tried these suggestions before. There is a private giveaway thread for members only, and its just as bad as it is here. Ive seen a few of those suggestions tried only to have other people complain about them.Cagamer99 is right don't expect to be taken very seriously, since your a newly made account. Keep the suggestions civil and don't insult the people who donate the codes.

[quote name='soulkyo']The solution is to make it more difficult to discover the key, like a missing letter or number to be discovered, or maybe a little game, something that makes it worth the effort, not just waste a key for the lurkers.[/QUOTE]

Its fine to make it more difficult but the only problem is if you enter it incorrectly a large number of times you get locked out of the ability to enter codes. Its a pain when people manage to figure the code and gets it but doesn't bother mentioning they took the code, especially if its a list of codes.

[quote name='pandiosity']The whole point is people have made these suggestions before and people have tried these suggestions before. There is a private giveaway thread for members only, and its just as bad as it is here. Ive seen a few of those suggestions tried only to have other people complain about them.Cagamer99 is right don't expect to be taken very seriously, since your a newly made account. Keep the suggestions civil and don't insult the people who donate the codes.

Its fine to make it more difficult but the only problem is if you enter it incorrectly a large number of times you get locked out of the ability to enter codes. Its a pain when people manage to figure the code and gets it but doesn't bother mentioning they took the code, especially if its a list of codes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right in your second point. Another idea would be to make a giveaway on steamgifts and put it for 1 hour. That's it, you give it away and even get some credit back for you account. ;)

[quote name='soulkyo']Yeah, you're right in your second point. Another idea would be to make a giveaway on steamgifts and put it for 1 hour. That's it, you give it away and even get some credit back for you account. ;)[/QUOTE]
Its been done, people just complain about that. Some people liked it, some people hated it. So its up to the person who donates how he wants to post or giveaway. As long as there's no begging, and if you are at least be creative about it.

[quote name='pandiosity']The whole point is people have made these suggestions before and people have tried these suggestions before. There is a private giveaway thread for members only, and its just as bad as it is here. Ive seen a few of those suggestions tried only to have other people complain about them.Cagamer99 is right don't expect to be taken very seriously, since your a newly made account. Keep the suggestions civil and don't insult the people who donate the codes

Its fine to make it more difficult but the only problem is if you enter it incorrectly a large number of times you get locked out of the ability to enter codes. Its a pain when people manage to figure the code and gets it but doesn't bother mentioning they took the code, especially if its a list of codes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, all I was trying to say and wish above all is that people somehow had to let the rest know that they took the key in order to use it. And no, I don't and won't expect any of my suggestions (which by the way is very different from demanding or dictating) to be taken seriously.

[quote name='pandiosity']Its been done, people just complain about that. Some people liked it, some people hated it. So its up to the person who donates how he wants to post or giveaway. As long as there's no begging, and if you are at least be creative about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, is it too difficult to say thank you? I don't understand. Well, sigh. Enough Off Topic on my opinion, let's get back on topic ;)

For those complaining about how to give away the codes, I find the best method is to say you'll give it to whoever quotes your post first. This way lurkers can't get it and there is a pretty decent chance that they'll say thanks. All you have to do is check back a few minutes later for the post and then PM it to the person.

[quote name='Triggerhappy14']For those complaining about how to give away the codes, I find the best method is to say you'll give it to whoever quotes your post first. This way lurkers can't get it and there is a pretty decent chance that they'll say thanks. All you have to do is check back a few minutes later for the post and then PM it to the person.[/QUOTE]

Good one. And another thing would be checking if the person haven't registered just for the code. Well, back to topic I think ;)

The giveaway is over, all of the codes found non-lurker homes. =D

That was actually pretty fun, I'll definitely be doing this again sometime soon (when I manage to snag enough leftovers). If anyone sees this and wants to throw some codes my way for a future giveaway, feel free to do so. I'll be sure to mention your name in the giveaway so you get credit for providing the code.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the giveaway (those who commented on it, recipients, etc.). I think it was definitely a successful giveaway. =]

Okay boys and girls, let's try this out.

I have the following codes (Total of 7 codes):

Avadon: The Black Fortress (Steam Key) Taken by digital ink
Cave Story+ (Steam Key) Taken by TommyLove
Cave Story+ (Steam Key) Taken By totoguy
Cogs (Steam Key) Taken by DFogz
Swords & Soldiers HD (Steam Key) Taken by woda85
The Basement Collection (Steam Key) Taken by Incident
Zen Bound 2 (Steam Key) Taken by tossup

Limited to one game per username. First come, first-served. Quote my post with the game you want, and I'll PM you the code. The twist is, you must be a user with more than 50 posts in order to get a key.

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 6 quotes that meet the criteria get a game (one slipped past me =P).

Let the flooding begin.

EDIT (1:27pm PST): Still 1 code left. I'll give it until 1:30pm PST at which point I'll open it up for double-dipping. Call it impatience, the giveaway is now open to double-dipping. After that, at 2:00pm PST 1:45pm PST, I'll throw the codes to the lurkers.

[quote name='Severose']Okay boys and girls, let's try this out.

Avadon: The Black Fortress (Steam Key)
Cave Story+ (Steam Key) (x2)
Cogs (Steam Key)
Swords & Soldiers HD (Steam Key)
The Basement Collection (Steam Key)
Zen Bound 2 (Steam Key)

Limited to one game per username. First come, first-served. Quote my post with the game you want, and I'll PM you the code. The twist is, you must be a user with more than 50 posts in order to get a key.

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 7 quotes that meet the criteria will get a game, rest assured.

Let the flooding begin.[/QUOTE]

I already have all those games, tricked you! :p

Thanks for your generosity :)

Cogs (Steam Key)
Zen Bound 2 (Steam Key)

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 7 quotes that meet the criteria will get a game, rest assured.

Edit: didnt read well ;) good luck people

p.d It would be nice to take out the premise to have 50 posts (pleaaase) for next times :lol:

Cogs (Steam Key)
Zen Bound 2 (Steam Key)

Swords & Soldiers HD Please:)

Edit: Oops , sorry i read conditions after :(

[quote name='woda85']Swords & Soldiers HD Please:)

Edit: Oops , sorry i read criteria after :([/QUOTE]

Looks like I forgot to check that you met it too. ;)

Congrats, no more exceptions. =P

Cogs (Steam Key)
Zen Bound 2 (Steam Key)

I'd love zen bound 2 :D

Cogs (Steam Key)

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 6 quotes that meet the criteria will get a game, rest assured (one slipped past me D:).

Let the flooding begin.

EDIT (12:59pm PST): Still 5 codes left.[/QUOTE]

I'd like Cave Story+ if still available :)

Cogs (Steam Key)

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 6 quotes that meet the criteria will get a game, rest assured (one slipped past me D:).

Let the flooding begin.

EDIT (1:03pm PST): Still 5 codes left.[/QUOTE]

Would Love The Basement Collection

Cave Story+ (Steam Key)
Cogs (Steam Key)

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 6 quotes that meet the criteria will get a game, rest assured (one slipped past me =P).

Let the flooding begin.

EDIT (1:06pm PST): Still 3 codes left.[/QUOTE]

would love Avadon: The Black Fortress (Steam Key)

Cave Story+ (Steam Key)
Cogs (Steam Key)

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 6 quotes that meet the criteria will get a game, rest assured (one slipped past me =P).

Let the flooding begin.

EDIT (1:08pm PST): Still 3 codes left.[/QUOTE]

Please Avadon for me, thanks! ;)

Edit: Too late, thanks anyway!

[quote name='soulkyo']Please Avadon for me, thanks! ;)[/QUOTE]

Taken, sorry. Re-pick from Cave Story+ and Cogs, if you don't own them.

[quote name='Severose']Taken, sorry. Re-pick from Cave Story+ and Cogs, if you don't own them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was ninja'ed, thanks for the offer, I already own both of them :cool:

[quote name='soulkyo']Yeah, I was ninja'ed, thanks for the offer, I already own both of them, :cool:[/QUOTE]

No problem at all.

Still 2 codes left everyone.

[quote name='dangel0']Edit: didnt read well ;) good luck people

p.d It would be nice to take out the premise to have 50 posts (pleaaase) for next times :lol:[/QUOTE]

There's way more to this site than just free Steam games. Get out from the shadows and become active in the community! 50 posts is not difficult...

[quote name='kataztrophik']There's way more to this site than just free Steam games. Get out from the shadows and become active in the community! 50 posts is not difficult...[/QUOTE]

This. The idea with having the 50 post requirement is to get people who are active on the forums.

Sure, the newbies who have joined recently don't have a chance, but make your way out of the woodwork and get active!

For the record, this is how I'll be doing all of my future drops. ;)

EDIT: As much as I'd love to give the games to different people, I'm impatient. The giveaway is now open for double-dipping.

Avadon: The Black Fortress (Steam Key) Taken by digital ink
Cave Story+ (Steam Key)
Cogs (Steam Key)

If someone beats you to the punch on a certain game, don't worry, you don't need to repost. I'll give you a chance to grab another code that's available. The idea here is that the first 6 quotes that meet the criteria get a game (one slipped past me =P).

Let the flooding begin.

EDIT (1:20pm PST): Still 2 codes left. I'll give it until 1:30pm PST at which point I'll open it up for double-dipping. Call it impatience, the giveaway is now open to double-dipping. After that, at 2:00pm PST, I'll throw the codes to the lurkers.[/QUOTE]

I'll take Cogs if you've still got it.

P.S. Love the way you did the giveaway, seems to have worked really well.

edit: Activated the code, thanks a lot Severose it's a fun little puzzle game

[quote name='Severose']This. The idea with having the 50 post requirement is to get people who are active on the forums.

Sure, the newbies who have joined recently don't have a chance, but make your way out of the woodwork and get active!

For the record, this is how I'll be doing all of my future drops. ;)

EDIT: As much as I'd love to give the games to different people, I'm impatient. The giveaway is now open for double-dipping.[/QUOTE]

Well if anything, its been half an hour since you initially posted this and there are still codes available, as opposed to being lurked within the first 30 seconds. This system works and entices me to do more code drops. Previously, I would go through my friends list and find people without the game and drop it to one of them. Or I throw it up on Steamgifts.

[quote name='DFogz']I'll take Cogs if you've still got it.

P.S. Love the way you did the giveaway, seems to have worked really well.[/QUOTE]

Me too, it actually went really well. :)

[quote name='kataztrophik']Well if anything, its been half an hour since you initially posted this and there are still codes available, as opposed to being lurked within the first 30 seconds. This system works and entices me to do more code drops. Previously, I would go through my friends list and find people without the game and drop it to one of them. Or I throw it up on Steamgifts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out! =D It was actually quite fun. I'll definitely be doing this more often; it beats the hell out of SteamGifts. =P Although, admittedly, it may be a bit too hectic for some. ;)

EDIT: For those who only visit the last page, the giveaway is open for double-dipping, and there is one code left. The code will be thrown to the lurkers at 1:45pm PST.

[quote name='DFogz']I'll take Cogs if you've still got it.

P.S. Love the way you did the giveaway, seems to have worked really well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after all the conversation about how it should be done, you came and put it in practice :applause: Good one Severose :cool:

bread's done
Back