Steam Code Drop ~ NO BEGGING! NO TRADING!

metro 2033 dont now if still working reply if you take it
BE775-D3XEF-G07C3
PX0FP-BQIE5-C7WAL
NRAIJ-9ZYZQ-FDIGV

[quote name='gelus95']metro 2033 dont now if still working reply if you take it
BE775-D3XEF-G07C3
PX0FP-BQIE5-C7WAL
NRAIJ-9ZYZQ-FDIGV[/QUOTE]

first two have been lurked :(

[quote name='rnicho1']I have a code for Mark of the Ninja

LE7B6-YW468-Z86L9[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this, but alas, it be ninja'd.

[quote name='MDH19']Metro 2033

GJ(VIII)NT-X5CP7-KVRWX
Y(IX)AI8-LDA7H-D96ZP
[/QUOTE]

Why these same codes posted on Steam forums? What exactly is going on - are you the same person trying to get credit on 2 different forums? Is one of you stealing codes and reposting trying to get credit?

Since I'm new here and can't post links, lets see if I can code it... just remove spaces...

(Edit: see post below mine for the link)

See post #16236 in that thread. I understand its only Metro 2033 but they could have easily been doing it with other games too perhaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cagamer99']
Since I'm new here and can't post links, lets see if I can code it... just remove spaces...

http:// forums . steampowered . com / forums / showthread.php?t=2646885

See post #16236 in that thread or post #16252 for the quote in case the person realizes they've been found out and deletes it. I understand its only Metro 2033 but they could have easily been doing it with other games too perhaps.[/QUOTE]

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2646885&page=1083

[quote name='Cagamer99']Why these same codes posted on Steam forums? What exactly is going on - are you the same person trying to get credit on 2 different forums? Is one of you stealing codes and reposting trying to get credit?

(Edit: see post below mine for the link)

See post #16236 in that thread. I understand its only Metro 2033 but they could have easily been doing it with other games too perhaps.[/QUOTE]

That's not me. Looks like some got the codes I posted here and posted them on steam forums.

*stealth post*

[customspoiler=1]
yZcIZJu.png
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=2]
1Jfpjtn.png
[/customspoiler]

*=my title

[quote name='humptyflunky']
*stealth post*

[customspoiler=1]
yZcIZJu.png
[/customspoiler]

[customspoiler=2]
1Jfpjtn.png
[/customspoiler]

*=my title
[/QUOTE]

nice drop wish i would have gotten the titan quest at least they were not lurked

I wish people would stop saying people lurked things! While you were busy preparing your thank you cards, they were redeeming the code you failed to get. Take the etiquette lessons somewhere else.

[quote name='breakfuss']I wish people would stop saying people lurked things! While you were busy preparing your thank you cards, they were redeeming the code you failed to get. Take the etiquette lessons somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I do not approve of what you're saying.

[quote name='breakfuss']I wish people would stop saying people lurked things! While you were busy preparing your thank you cards, they were redeeming the code you failed to get. Take the etiquette lessons somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

I don't ever expect thank yous but I do appreciate people informing me and others that a code has been redeemed. ..and in some cases I'll reward them for doing it..

i hope this wasnt directed at me... I said at least they WERE NOT lurked.

[quote name='Severose']I do not approve of what you're saying.[/QUOTE]

Lets call an orange an orange. It's pseudo begging. breakfuss has a right to his opinion. Although sometimes its useful to have somebody telling you that the code has been used, even if its not the original person who took it. Although sometimes the lurked announcement gets out of hand when somebody chooses to ignore the fact the fact somebody has already said they have claimed it and declare it lurked anyways just to emphasize that they want said code.

No offense to Calavash intended.

I will post that a code is lurked if it's already been used so that everyone else will know not to bother. If someone claims the code after I've stated it was lurked (which has happened), I retract my 'lurked' statement and congratulate the redeemer (which has also happened).
I have nothing good to say about those who redeem codes and don't give thanks. It is the reason I never drop codes.

[quote name='eugaet']I will post that a code is lurked if it's already been used so that everyone else will know not to bother. If someone claims the code after I've stated it was lurked (which has happened), I retract my 'lurked' statement and congratulate the redeemer (which has also happened).
I have nothing good to say about those who redeem codes and don't give thanks. It is the reason I never drop codes.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Not that you need the "thanks" for dropping the code (although it doesn't hurt), but its inconsiderate to leave other people hanging (and potentially VERY wishful and excited) when they see a code and believe they have a chance at getting it.

Example: When I see Steam codes, I fire up my son's account. It sucks when i see a code in a forum that appears to be untaken - I call him over - "HEYYYY come here!!! Looks like you might be finally getting GAME X!!!!" then BLAM. Duplicate code.

The thank you isn't just for the person who gave the code away. Its for everyone else who might get their hopes up at seeing that code and thinking they have a chance at redeeming it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew there was a reason why I had that breakfuss guy on my ignore list. Thanks for quoting his stupid comment so many times guys, reminded me not to take him off. Nobody has to drop codes, nobody has to say thanks, and nobody has to inform us when a code has already been used. Yet if there were 100 codes up and nobody posted or responded when they were used, people would bitch about wasting their time. I think you are in the minority in not being appreciative when someone says a code has already been used. Please, show some class and keep your angsty "I see a new post and come here all excited only to see a response to another post" outlashes to yourself.

[quote name='Black_Label_29']Got 5 as well. They are basically worthless...[/QUOTE]

Not if your friends don't have one C:

[quote name='assburger']if you know someone who has steam and already plays dota2, ask them to gift you a dota2 key, a lot (if not all) of the dota2 players are getting 13 giftable keys each.[/quote]
^
^
^
||
||
||
||
||

i didnt get any keys that i know of, and still looking for 1 for my buddy. I say hes on his own thou since he wants me to do all the work

[quote name='Calavash']i didnt get any keys that i know of, and still looking for 1 for my buddy. I say hes on his own thou since he wants me to do all the work[/QUOTE]

Tell that lard-arse to search for "dota 2 keys" on reddit, there are innumerous threads from people literally begging to give away their keys to anyone.

If you still don't have DOTA 2 this bot will give you a copy:

DOTA 2 Bot Profile

Just add the bot to your steam friends list and send it a chat message saying "give dota"

If you don't have DOTA 2 in your account already it will send you a gift.

Those of you with many gifts sat around can simply send the bot a trade request and offload your gifts onto the bot.

Hope this helps some people :D

[quote name='jgiovanni']BFADG-9VKZW-KKP09

Cave Story+

Please post if you redeem.[/QUOTE]

Finally got something! Thanks!

[quote name='chicken_soup_2']ETDXC-6Y5AX-YN6X8

binding of isaac + lamb dlc[/QUOTE]
Wow, I got it! Thanks for this!

[quote name='K13OllieD']If you still don't have DOTA 2 this bot will give you a copy:

DOTA 2 Bot Profile

Just add the bot to your steam friends list and send it a chat message saying "give dota"

If you don't have DOTA 2 in your account already it will send you a gift.

Those of you with many gifts sat around can simply send the bot a trade request and offload your gifts onto the bot.

Hope this helps some people :D[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :)

[quote name='Calavash']thx for link. looks like steam needs to lighten up a little[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of scamming and selling of illicit or grey-market keys on some of those groups. A popular hypothesis about these closed groups is that Valve is cracking down on the shady trading, not the community itself. Policing groups costs time and resources that is disproportionate to the gains from hosting these groups.

bread's done
Back