Steam Deal Fallout 3 *GOTY* 50% off

Here is the actual prices for those curious.

Fallout 3 GOTY: $24.99

Oblivion GOTY: $8.50

Morrowwind GOTY: $5.00

I think I'm gonna jump on all these.

I think FO3 only went as low as $37 during the X-mas sales, everyone was waiting for something lower and it never came. I think I will bite, I really want the GOTY version on the PC.

Thanks OP. In for Oblivion (already have both Morrowind and Fallout 3). I almost bought Oblivion earlier in the week from steam so I am glad I waited.

[quote name='eastx']Shouldn't Fallout 3 be a little cheaper at this point? Nice price on Oblivion though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, $25 does seem a little high... If the vanilla version were also 50% off (making it $15), then I'd be all over that. But $25... Sometimes it seems like GOTY editions exist primarily to keep games' prices artificially high.

Good deals otherwise, though. Thanks, OP!

FINALLY! I've been waiting for a sale on Fallout 3 forever! Definitely biting on Oblivion IV and Fallout 3 to test out my new HD5970 card :)

Wow! Definitely going to finally invest in Oblivian. Been waiting for a price drop on that one forever. Still kind of on the fence about Fallout but think I'll end up getting that one as well. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Wow! Definitely going to finally invest in Oblivian. Been waiting for a price drop on that one forever. Still kind of on the fence about Fallout but think I'll end up getting that one as well. Thanks for the heads up, OP.[/QUOTE]Fallout 3 is a must man, dont miss out!

[quote name='hal']Finally.. a decent price on Oblivion Deluxe GOTY on Steam[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's worth mentioning that the version of Oblivian on sale is the one with Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles and the rest of the DLC packs.

Oh wow, no way I can pass up Oblivion at that price. I have the retail version, but not Shivering Isles or any of the DLC.

Decent price on Fallout 3 GOTY, though I do agree that it could be a BIT cheaper. Might wait for it to be below $20. Though it might not go on sale again (on Steam) for a long time...hmmm...what to do, what to do.

I'm really close to getting Oblivion GOTY PC on Goozex for 100pts. OT but.... Question... Is there any registration (cd key) for Oblivion GOTY disc release on PC? K Thx.

[quote name='jughead']I'm really close to getting Oblivion GOTY PC on Goozex for 100pts. OT but.... Question... Is there any registration (cd key) for Oblivion GOTY disc release on PC? K Thx.[/QUOTE]If I remember correctly, there's a CD key, but no online validation/verification process.

Granted, I haven't installed my copy in 5 years. But I know that my retail copy didn't verify online, and I'm nearly positive it had a key.

[quote name='choral_music']If I remember correctly, there's a CD key, but no online validation/verification process.

Granted, I haven't installed my copy in 5 years. But I know that my retail copy didn't verify online, and I'm nearly positive it had a key.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Goozex :roll: You really have to protect yourself on there.

I was thinking of getting Fallout but just remembered I have a sealed CE and am stll not sure if my laptop will run it. I also have the GOTY edition for 360 and haven't put more than 4 or 5 hours in it.

I wanna buy Fallout 3 GOTY and Oblivion GOTY, but I don't know how well they'll run. Can someone please help me out?

Specs:

4 Gig DDR2 RAM
256 MB nVidia GeForce 9200M GS
2.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Anything else? And yes, it's a laptop.

[quote name='Maynard']Fallout 3 is a must man, dont miss out![/QUOTE]

I have a physical copy of vanilla FO3 but was wanting to play the complete experience. I think I'll end up getting this one though. I don't see the price getting much cheaper even during the holiday sale.

[quote name='Default09']I wanna buy Fallout 3 GOTY and Oblivion GOTY, but I don't know how well they'll run. Can someone please help me out?

Specs:

4 Gig DDR2 RAM
2.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Anything else? And yes, it's a laptop.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri ? Pretty good website but it always tells me I cannot run games like DiRT 2 even though I actually can.

[quote name='Mike UFC']I have a physical copy of vanilla FO3 but was wanting to play the complete experience. I think I'll end up getting this one though. I don't see the price getting much cheaper even during the holiday sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I know the expansion packs cost more than this if you're getting both. If only they offered those and they were on sale on Steam, I wouldn't have to buy the main game all over again. Its a racket, I tell ya.

Oblivion's priced well tho.

Uggh, it's so tempting but I've laready put 100 hours or more into my 360 version and have 3 of the 5 DLCs. Just don't think Fallout is worth it for me.

Have Oblivion on the Xbox too but couldn't get use to the controller for it for some reason. Maybe will bite on that one.

[quote name='Default09']I wanna buy Fallout 3 GOTY and Oblivion GOTY, but I don't know how well they'll run. Can someone please help me out?

Specs:

4 Gig DDR2 RAM
2.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Anything else? And yes, it's a laptop.[/QUOTE] Well considering what the 9200m is based off of for the desktop variant I would recommend you stick to playing this on a 360 or PS3 if you have one. If you dont the game will run on your laptop, but your going to have to crank down a lot of the settings for it.

I miss Fallout 3 so much. But my saves were on the xbox, so I'm not going to pick up the PC version for the DLC. Oblivion is a maybe though!

Here are the links since the OP didn't put his back into it:

header.jpg

Morrowind GOTY $19.99 $5.00
Oblivion GOTY Deluxe $24.99 $8.50
Fallout 3 GOTY $49.99 $24.99

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, it's unlikely to go lower than $17.48 during the holiday sale. And by then, New Vegas will be out.[/QUOTE]

Even then, I think it was on sale for that price for about 10 minutes. I remember them taking it down before I could buy it.

Specs:

4 Gig DDR2 RAM
2.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Anything else? And yes, it's a laptop.[/QUOTE]

RAM and processor are fine. I don't know about the chipset though. Oblivion should run fine on that system whatever OS you're running, although you may need to tweak the settings.

Beware of FO3 is all I can say. I have a desktop with a Phenom quad-core processor, 6Gb and a 9800GT and that game fried my video card and it was the most unstable game I've ever run (and I've been gaming for about 30 years). Some people have no problems with it, some people have system-breaking issues (like me), and some people have minor issues that are remedied by tweaking a few lines in an ini file. I paid $40 for the vanilla game and the Broken Steel/Point Lookout pack and it was like flushing money down the toilet.

Since I have a PS3 now, I might look into buying a cheap used copy of Fallout for that system--I haven't seen too many people complain about it destroying their hardware, and if it works, I'd probably enjoy playing it. However, any game that requires me to jump through as many hoops as I had to with the PC version, including shelling out a $100 for a new video card, isn't worth it.

QUESTION. I already own a retail copy of Fallout 3 vanilla. If it get the GotY on Steam, would I be able to sell the retail copy? I know it's a GFWL title and I'm not quite sure how the CD-keys work with that system. I think I remembering seeing somewhere that you can use the key once a month or something? Does anybody know for sure?

[quote name='eastx']Yeah, it's unlikely to go lower than $17.48 during the holiday sale. And by then, New Vegas will be out.[/QUOTE]

Its worth noting that with New Vegas being Steamworks-based, all Fallout games on Steam may well go on sale or potentially could be offered as bonus items to preorders/sales, etc. This is what I hope happens to Fear 2, which I still haven't picked up because I'm loath to pay $20 for it when I feel like a Steam sale is just around the corner...

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']QUESTION. I already own a retail copy of Fallout 3 vanilla. If it get the GotY on Steam, would I be able to sell the retail copy? I know it's a GFWL title and I'm not quite sure how the CD-keys work with that system. I think I remembering seeing somewhere that you can use the key once a month or something? Does anybody know for sure?[/QUOTE]

You can't use the key more than once. I've never heard of being able to reuse a key for any game on a monthly basis; that wouldn't really make any sense. More likely, you're thinking of some proposed DRM where you'd need to do an online verification once every x number of times the game was run (I believe that was proposed for Mass Effect 2 and changed later).

[quote name='choral_music']Anyone have any problems running Fallout 3 in Win7 64?[/QUOTE]

It works just fine for me on Win 7 Enterprise x64.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']QUESTION. I already own a retail copy of Fallout 3 vanilla. If it get the GotY on Steam, would I be able to sell the retail copy? I know it's a GFWL title and I'm not quite sure how the CD-keys work with that system. I think I remembering seeing somewhere that you can use the key once a month or something? Does anybody know for sure?[/QUOTE]

FO3 uses SecuRom but the number of installs is unlimited and it's used for disc check only. I'm not sure how it works if you tied the key to your GFWL account however. I didn't so I'll be selling off my copy on Amazon. Below is a Bethesda blog post detailing the DRM they used.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/10/30/fallout-3-uses-securom-only-for-disc-check/

I've played and beat Oblivion on both PS3 and 360, but I don't know if I can resist the temptation, especially since it'll give me a chance to try out some PC mods.

Thanks OP!

does fallout 3 goty have GFWL built in so i can get achievements?

i already have hte original fallout 3 vanilla retail release (its gfwl) can i somehow use the expansions in this release for that install?

$25 seems high for Fallout 3. Not enough for me to bite, anyway. But Oblivion? I think I'm gonna go for it. I have the 360 version, but it isn't GOTY, and I think i'd enjoy the pc version more.

[quote name='warreni']You can't use the key more than once. I've never heard of being able to reuse a key for any game on a monthly basis; that wouldn't really make any sense. More likely, you're thinking of some proposed DRM where you'd need to do an online verification once every x number of times the game was run (I believe that was proposed for Mass Effect 2 and changed later).[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound right. You can only use the key ONCE? Total? What about reinstalls? If it was once per GamerTag that would make more sense.

[quote name='Mike UFC']FO3 uses SecuRom but the number of installs is unlimited and it's used for disc check only. I'm not sure how it works if you tied the key to your GFWL account however. I didn't so I'll be selling off my copy on Amazon. Below is a Bethesda blog post detailing the DRM they used.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/10/30/fallout-3-uses-securom-only-for-disc-check/
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, but I'm more looking for info about the GFWL CD key system.

I suppose I could always sell it and just tell the buyer that they'll just have to make an offline GFWL profile.

[quote name='warreni']You can't use the key more than once. I've never heard of being able to reuse a key for any game on a monthly basis; that wouldn't really make any sense. More likely, you're thinking of some proposed DRM where you'd need to do an online verification once every x number of times the game was run (I believe that was proposed for Mass Effect 2 and changed later).[/QUOTE]

For fallout 3, the Live key will be used but that's just for achievements. You can still install and trade the game without the Live key though. Hence why Goozex allows it to be traded. I've traded it to no problems. You just can't use Live service, but this doesn't mean you can't play the game.

Very tempted to get this. $25 is a good price, but to ME I feel it's a bit steep since it's not in the front lines for my gametime. As for Oblivion GOTY, I loved the game, never did Shivering Isles and would love to just have the game in my Steam account for $8.50... will look this over.

bread's done
Back