Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Well, you'd have to trade them to someone in Russia for something not locked in North America.  Can always give it a try but, for the few bucks you paid for them, probably better to write it off as a lesson learned.

One thing you DON'T want to do is try to activate them on Steam via VPN.  That's something that used to work (so you might see reference to it online) but, after Valve cracked down on cross-region trading, they changed Steam to region check every time you play something.  Plus you can get your Steam account banned which is a lot worse than getting a trash GG account banned. 

Cool that your overall order went through though.

Well, you'd have to trade them to someone in Russia for something not locked in North America. Can always give it a try but, for the few bucks you paid for them, probably better to write it off as a lesson learned.

One thing you DON'T want to do is try to activate them on Steam via VPN. That's something that used to work (so you might see reference to it online) but, after Valve cracked down on cross-region trading, they changed Steam to region check every time you play something. Plus you can get your Steam account banned which is a lot worse than getting a trash GG account banned.

Cool that your overall order went through though.
FWIW it still works for some older games. Still a risky thing to do so use it sparingly.

Also with Gg you don't even need to check that site just look for ru in the url.

If I was going to get into the habit of VPN activating stuff, I would have a separate Steam account for my Russian stuff.  You might even be able to keep it in offline mode except for when you activate things.

But I'm far too lazy for those sorts of shenanigans.  I did it once for an RU game I bought on accident but then it was like "Log out of Steam and into my other account?  Ehhhh... I'll play one of these other 1,200 games instead"

Back around the holidays gg had a bunch of rail sim dlc on sale which was dirt cheap like $2 in putinland. Most wasn't region locked so I didn't bother to check them all one by one.

Well the New Jersey one I bought was ru locked but I took a chance to vpn it and worked. Might also make a difference that it's dlc.

Anyway I've only done that two other times ever and use it very sparingly. Plus now it won't work on most stuff anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was going to get into the habit of VPN activating stuff, I would have a separate Steam account for my Russian stuff. You might even be able to keep it in offline mode except for when you activate things.

But I'm far too lazy for those sorts of shenanigans. I did it once for an RU game I bought on accident but then it was like "Log out of Steam and into my other account? Ehhhh... I'll play one of these other 1,200 games instead"
Seems like it would be easier to just move to Russia.

Seems like it would be easier to just move to Russia.
Based upon video game prices I bet one could live large for $500 bucks a month.

Thanks for the tip about Borderlands Prequel and that one bundle... I still ended up buying the season pass separately as I liked 3 thinks in it, at which point it became better to just get a of it, but finally got base game + pass for under 20 bucks.

It can't hurt.

Wanna try your luck at getting me an Arkham Knight Season Pass code? :p

(And then I got banned, yay)
I would HIGHLY recommend that you don't use your real IP and do business at Gamersgate. What does that mean?

meaning, if u want to putingate from now on, whenever u visit their damn site (even just for window shopping), put on your Russian facemask from account creation until end of transaction. AshotP ain't stupid to see 2 different account log in from the same IP and the 2nd account suddenly becomes Russian with a Russian IP.

He does track your main account but apparently can't ban it since u don't do anything illegal with it.

Well you're never supposed to login with the vpn on anyway. You don't need to since the pricing gets saved in the cookies. People just keep fucking it up.

And Ashot P knows and sees all...except the new guy who just made an account and putined a bunch of Batman crap right under his nose.

Donald Trump sent a memo to gamersgate telling them to stop letting Mexicans in.
S6Pc7hf.jpg

Well you're never supposed to login with the vpn on anyway. You don't need to since the pricing gets saved in the cookies. People just keep fucking it up.

And Ashot P knows and sees all...except the new guy who just made an account and putined a bunch of Batman crap right under his nose.
I like how every time putingate comes up people are like "ermagerd, my account got banned, they be crackin down hard y'all" when 90% of the time it's because they couldn't follow the directions correctly.

This is why we can't have nice things.

For what it's worth, I never heard of gamersgate prior and probably won't use them again. Maybe unless there's another killer deal.

Grabbed Borderlands Pre Sequel in that Triple Pack thing. Its $4.80 if you do that and own the other stuff in the bundle already. Been mentioned before, but thanks whoever mentioned it first.

Its best to do it from a browser, as it was being annoying when I tried to do it from in-client.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/257/
btw, the Prequel Season Pass just recently got Brazil-lock on SteamDB. It's dual hard lock (Activation-lock and Run-lock) so no more Nuveem purchase.

I like how every time putingate comes up people are like "ermagerd, my account got banned, they be crackin down hard y'all" when 90% of the time it's because they couldn't follow the directions correctly.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Honestly they shouldn't be doing it to begin with if they can't follow directions. I know we're cheap, but it's only a few bucks more to buy them the legit way during regular sales. They can pay the idiot tax (and no, not that Idiot)

Just an FYI

If you have Arkham Knight you should have some Genuine TF2 items b/c of that (if you don't, fire up TF2 and you should get them immediately if you havent started it up in a while). They've finally gone tradable/marketable. Quick $5 give or take right now on the market. That will probably go down as more people notice them marketable as I believe today was the day they finally could be, but sit on them and they may go up higher.

The Arkham Cowl seems to be the most sought after item with the Fear Monger and the other thing less desired.

Is the borderlands thing a mistake? $4.80 for the pre-sequel (if you own 1GOTY+2) seems really good
More accurately, probably an "unexpected consequence" of Valve's new way of crediting games owned in bundles. It's not that someone fumbled the keys when inputting the pricing, they just didn't think it all the way through.

Strange thing happened. I've been idling two games simultaneously (8-bit Commando, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter) with Idle Master. Neither had any playtime on them before today. After about 30 minutes I got a drop for Serious Sam, and again after about 1.5 hours. Both games were idling the whole time, and I checked my Steam profile to see the playtime was registering correctly for both.

I think it was just a fluke, but it's interesting since I shouldn't be getting card drops at under 2 hours (I'm on Valve's refund terrorist watchlist) plus AFAIK idling multiple games is supposed to drastically slow down drop rates or prevent them altogether.

The only thing I can find is that while my profile shows playtime for each game, the store page for Serious Sam doesn't.

MCMOh8y.png

what's the verdict on Borderland the Prequel Season Pass? Worth it or not?

Some ppl said it is.  Others lament that it's just a cash grab.

I just picked up the base game for $4.80 Gabenbuck and thought i might as well pick up the Season Pass...

Strange thing happened. I've been idling two games simultaneously (8-bit Commando, Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter) with Idle Master. Neither had any playtime on them before today. After about 30 minutes I got a drop for Serious Sam, and again after about 1.5 hours. Both games were idling the whole time, and I checked my Steam profile to see the playtime was registering correctly for both.

I think it was just a fluke, but it's interesting since I shouldn't be getting card drops at under 2 hours (I'm on Valve's refund terrorist watchlist) plus AFAIK idling multiple games is supposed to drastically slow down drop rates or prevent them altogether.

The only thing I can find is that while my profile shows playtime for each game, the store page for Serious Sam doesn't.

MCMOh8y.png
r u a wizard

Some ppl said it is. Others lament that it's just a cash grab.

I just picked up the base game for $4.80 Gabenbuck and thought i might as well pick up the Season Pass...
i think unless you plan on playing a ton of the game it's not worth it...two of the four pieces are dlc characters. the only essential piece seems to be the dlc campaign (it adds story content plus increases level cap). If you want to max out a character/play uvhm you can pick up the holodome piece as well, both that and the dlc pack are five bucks. I'm going to pick up the dlc pack and start playing this weekend, if i really see myself getting into the game i might pick up the holodome piece to max out a character, but given that in bl2 i maxed out one character and started krieg but still haven't gotten past level 5 with him i think picking up the season pass would just be a waste of money for me.

I think the ultimate verdict was "Whether it's decent or not, don't pay 3x more for the SP than you spent on the game".

If you wanted the SP, y u no bai game+SP for $14 with koala-dollahs back a year or so ago from GameAgent?

If you wanted the SP, y u no bai game+SP for $14 with koala-dollahs back a year or so ago from GameAgent?
Yeah.. I dunno why people feel like they're getting a "deal" by buying the base game cheap but the season pass at full price (well.. full sale price, w/e). Reminds me when a certain moran bought the Diablo 3 expansion on clearance, and the base game for full price (or was it vice versa? I can't remember).

Yeah.. I dunno why people feel like they're getting a "deal" by buying the base game cheap but the season pass at full price (well.. full sale price, w/e). Reminds me when a certain moran bought the Diablo 3 expansion on clearance, and the base game for full price (or was it vice versa? I can't remember).
I bought both full price. Double Moran!

I got the base on the Microsoft $10 black Friday sale and bought the expansion collectors edition for full price on release day.

FWIW I think it was much improved with the expansion and really played the hell out of it.

Also I didn't pay $155 for Muff Luv.

I got the base on the Microsoft $10 black Friday sale and bought the expansion collectors edition for full price on release day.

FWIW I think it was much improved with the expansion and really played the hell out of it.

Also I didn't pay $155 for Muff Luv.
That's different though, the person I'm talking about didn't buy it on release, and it had a 50% off sale like the week after he bought it IIRC. No need to be so defensive and bring up Muv Luv though ;)

bread's done
Back