Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah, Survival Mode is the one place where I can see them being useful just for more chances to rest and replenish. Of course, as you point out, extra shit to hang on the walls or making conveyor belts doesn't actually help with that.

In related pissy news, I played the KF2 update tonight and it's ass for a casual style of play. Maybe the hard core folks like it, I dunno but you can't just pop in and casually light shit up for a while any longer which is, you know, kind of the fun of killing zombies.
Wait, what did they change?

If they were smart they would give away the last Assassin's Creed and The Division since most of the player-base is gone.
I don't think they'll try to do anything "desperate" to draw people in to the Division... I think they would rather kill servers than to keep them up for people who got it free. (That said I wouldn't be scared to buy it no way they can kill the severs anytime soon.)

Anyhow, in other Division news I watched the first half of the Microsoft conference and they had as Division trailer for the Survival DLC and I've never seen a game go from biggest new IP ever to a game just getting a polite reaction in 3 months 5 days. (That said the DLC looks cool... But just how random is random? If its truly and properly random it could last a long time but if its "random" like developers like to say in general it won't last more than a month.)

Best News I saw was that it was coming same day (June 28) to PC as the Xbone so no waiting an extra month. With MS new PC stance I would be curious if this was the plan all along or if its because of the massive PC player lose they've suffered? (They ban cheaters for life for first offense now.) Saw that on the Ubisoft stream.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands looks kind of cool. Till I hear no PvP in the game I'll be holding off without a doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far of all the games Ive seen this one might be the one Im most excited about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B38_mAJJc0c&feature=youtu.be&t=10027

steep, its been a long time since there was an actual good snow sports game since snow is so meh

I'm not exactly sure why, but I'm usually mightily entertained by all of those E3 conferences throughout the day and to see people's reactions. The hype is kind of fun to buy into, but like everything you have to take it with a grain of salt. 

Quick takes:

-EA, Sports, Battles, and Mass Effect. Yay? Unsure...

-Bethesda, just give us a good Dishonored sequel and I'll forgive you of your past sins.

-Microsoft, I have no idea what you are doing, but thank you for convincing me I never need to even think about buying an Xbox. Hooray Windows 10 and PCs, right? I'm amped for State of Decay 2 though.

-PC Gaming Show, "Or... a CEO." :rofl:  WTF? I'm glad I missed that debacle.

-Ubisoft, you never change and stick to the same scripts in games and press conferences (although it was an improvement from last year). Can't wait for more South Park and (Whoa, that's) Steep? I actually thought Watch Dogs 2 looked half decent in parkour mode, and I'm excited to buy the complete edition for $6 from someone in Australia in ~18 months. I think I'll pass on Tom Clancy's Wildlands until I know what it's actually trying to be, looks a bit boring? Yeah, I'll go with that for now.

-Sony, thank you for just showing games and talking less about numbers and data. Resident Evil 7? Spiderman? The Last God of War? Space Pirate CoD? Horizon Ark Robot Dinosaurs? VR Stuff? Insanity! And Kojima's new IP starring Norman Reedus and Norman Fetus? (Sorry that's not original, I stole it from twitter, but it's just too good). All aboard the hype excite train!

It was a good day of hype, entertainment, and...  :whee:

Yea there's no reason to get an Xbox now that all their stuff is on PC too lol. Sony killed it as always but the ending was very abrupt. There's rumors that RDR2 was gonna close out the show which I thought too but they are saying Sony pulled it because of the Orlando shooting and because back in Feb. the ceo of Take Two said they were gonna be at E3 in a "very big way" but there was only Mafia 3 gameplay and thats it. 

Forza Horizons 3 on Windows 10 makes me happy.  I wish they would port the other Forza games so I would stop being tempted by cheap Xbones as the Forza series is all I really care about.  Never was a big Halo fan.  Just could not get interested in it.

Just realized Windows 10 'exclusive' means Windows 10 STORE exclusive.  Rip State of Derpcay 2 and Derp Rising 4.  Until I guess a year or so when Microsoft lifts the embargo.

Just realized Windows 10 'exclusive' means Windows 10 STORE exclusive. Rip State of Derpcay 2 and Derp Rising 4. Until I guess a year or so when Microsoft lifts the embargo.
I'm not touching Windows 10 Store unless the game deals are ridiculous (or free). I still remember GFWL and Microsoft has a history of killing support early for products with lackluster sales (i.e. Zune Music Store, GFWL, Original Xbox)

gfw.jpg

Just realized Windows 10 'exclusive' means Windows 10 STORE exclusive. Rip State of Derpcay 2 and Derp Rising 4. Until I guess a year or so when Microsoft lifts the embargo.
Digital at that... For the two for one stuff. So no buying cheap xbone physical copies to get the game cheaper on PC. (Unless you own a xbox one, obviously.)

Still rather excited for it... I'll likely do the Forza game(s) day one since I feel I should have a good idea how they'll run with the free version that's coming out.

Sony did a great job w/ showing off games - but yeah, some of the transitions were awkward and the ending of it all was weird.

And I don't know if they really needed to, more or less, close with Days Gone.

Yea there's no reason to get an Xbox now that all their stuff is on PC too lol. Sony killed it as always but the ending was very abrupt. There's rumors that RDR2 was gonna close out the show which I thought too but they are saying Sony pulled it because of the Orlando shooting and because back in Feb. the ceo of Take Two said they were gonna be at E3 in a "very big way" but there was only Mafia 3 gameplay and thats it.
Maybe i'm missing something but i don't understand why they would pull rdr2 because of Orlando

Sony did a great job w/ showing off games - but yeah, some of the transitions were awkward and the ending of it all was weird.

And I don't know if they really needed to, more or less, close with Days Gone.
Days gone didn't look horrible but I had no idea why they chose to close with an extended gameplay of that. It was very reminiscent of last of us, not only in terms of it being another zombie type game but also just the way the game looks. Its fine that they're making it but really they didn't need to show more than they did in the brief teaser the first time in the show, it wouldve made more sense to close with almost half the games they brought out. That being said it was really impressive to see the animation of the horde on screen; I'm extremely jaded and sick of zombie games, but seeing that did catch my eye a bit.

Is it even possible to choose the file location when you download something from the Windows store? I was just going to download the Forza trash demo but it just started automatically without asking me where I wanted it. What kind of trash is that? I'll tell you: it's MS Trash.

No thanks, MS. I won't be downloading any titles from your MS Trash service.

Re: Killing Floor 2

Wait, what did they change?
They increased resistances on all the zeds so each class ("perk", whatever) is really only formidable against one or two. I was playing my berserker and it would take two hard attacks to kill basic trash mobs and I unloaded eight nails into a bloat's head before it dropped. And this was on Normal difficulty. Firebugs are hurting because everything is fire resistant including the crawlers they're supposed to kill for extra xp and are now 70% fire resistant. The stock 1911 pistol no longer headshots trash because they have bullet resistance. Demos are nerfed as well. They shifted around various skills -- the +75% health for berserkers was replaced with +50% but they also added an alternate skill for 2pt/sec regen and 20% faster movement speed so that's not all bad but I guess other perks got nerfed there like firebug shrapnel damage.

If you're a big team strategy player then I guess maybe it's good for promoting teamwork and all that. If you just want to run solo or play in a group that doesn't treat KF2 as serious business, it's a pain. Cutting down piles of trash mobs like wheat in the early levels was one of the simple pleasures of zombie killing. Now I hard attack a clot in the head and it just blinks at me and goes back to hitting me.

Re: Killing Floor 2

They increased resistances on all the zeds so each class ("perk", whatever) is really only formidable against one or two. I was playing my berserker and it would take two hard attacks to kill basic trash mobs and I unloaded eight nails into a bloat's head before it dropped. And this was on Normal difficulty. Firebugs are hurting because everything is fire resistant including the crawlers they're supposed to kill for extra xp and are now 70% fire resistant. The stock 1911 pistol no longer headshots trash because they have bullet resistance. Demos are nerfed as well. They shifted around various skills -- the +75% health for berserkers was replaced with +50% but they also added an alternate skill for 2pt/sec regen and 20% faster movement speed so that's not all bad but I guess other perks got nerfed there like firebug shrapnel damage.

If you're a big team strategy player then I guess maybe it's good for promoting teamwork and all that. If you just want to run solo or play in a group that doesn't treat KF2 as serious business, it's a pain. Cutting down piles of trash mobs like wheat in the early levels was one of the simple pleasures of zombie killing. Now I hard attack a clot in the head and it just blinks at me and goes back to hitting me.
God. That sound fucking awful. I hope they fix this. One, I like solo play and it's been one of my favorite things about the KF series. Two, I hate games where if you don't have the right team with everyone playing their part then you can't win. What do they want us to do? Stand in a straight line formation and have the appropriate class pop out when an enemy we're strong against pops up? This isn't Pokemon. I noticed this last time I played demo. Grenade pistol shots to a bloats? Did near nothing. And the sirens would eat rockets like they were nothing. If they keep this up, I might have to go back to KF1.

God. That sound fucking awful. I hope they fix this. One, I like solo play and it's been one of my favorite things about the KF series Overwatch. Two, I hate games where if you don't have the right team with everyone playing their part then you can't win. What do they want us to do? Stand in a straight line formation and have the appropriate class pop out when an enemy we're strong against pops up? This isn't Pokemon.

And the sirens would eat rockets like they were nothing. If they keep this up, I might have to go back to KF1.
Did you know that Siren screams defuse explosives? So you have to hit them when they're not wailing. Maybe you knew that -- just checking.

Reminds me though, they reduced the AOE on Demo explosions because apparently they're not supposed to clear a bunch of trash with a grenade/rocket :roll:

Is it even possible to choose the file location when you download something from the Windows store? I was just going to download the Forza trash demo but it just started automatically without asking me where I wanted it. What kind of trash is that? I'll tell you: it's MS Trash.

No thanks, MS. I won't be downloading any titles from your MS Trash service.
Yes and no. There's probably some hoop jumping way to do it using a symbolic link. That's what you used to have to do with Steam. Which by the way it wasn't that long ago that Steam added the feature to install to another drive. To put it into perspective, it took Valve almost a decade to add that feature.

And the Win8/10 store isn't going away any time soon. While it remains to be seen if they will attract desktop PC gamers (Or console gamers curious to try out PC Games via their free with purchase copy) the Surface tablets sell well and need an app store.

Win 10 does actually support it, but you have to change it from settings. Next version should ask if there's no enough space on default.

Win 10 does actually support it, but you have to change it from settings. Next version should ask if there's no enough space on default.
Is that in one of the preview releases? I've been getting them but I admit I haven't been checking in too much detail what all the changes are unless it's something immediately obvious.

Reminds me though, they reduced the AOE on Demo explosions because apparently they're not supposed to clear a bunch of trash with a grenade/rocket :roll:
They increased it for Demo. It's in the changelog. Either a bug or they lied? :^o :whistle2:k

Demo
RPG7

• damage radius increased to 400 was 250
  • weight reduced to 9 was 10. We increased the damage radius so that it's got better splash damage and decreased the weight by 1 so that you can carry a M79 and RPG7 together.

Thanks for posting the storage settings. I made the mistake of thinking I would be able to change the settings through the store app itself but no dice. Have to admit I am really looking forward to seeing how Forza Horizon 3 runs on PC.

They increased it for Demo. It's in the changelog. Either a bug or they lied? :^o :whistle2:k
Maybe it got shifted back or maybe I misread. I pretty much fired up the game last night to see the new character* and hear what she had as banter and noticed that I felt weak as hell. And so went looking for why and read a collection of posts on a couple different boards. I wouldn't be surprised if least one of them was outdated or inaccurate.

*There was also a thread on the Steam forum raging on about the new character, saying that she looks too much like Anita Sarkeesian because... they both have a face? I dunno, I don't really see it but people are weird. Also, they were outraged that the "rockabilly" girl had tattoos because they apparently had no clue what rockabilly chicks look like.

Edit: My mistake (sorta), the criticism is that she looks like "Anita Sarkeesian's Mary Sue" or that she looks like a Tumblr Princess to appease feminists. Which is pretty funny since I saw her and thought "Ok, so this is supposed to be the Pretty One for guys unhappy with Ana's... unorthodox... looks".

Sniper Elite 4 got a release date. Slightly disappointed it got bumped to 2017, but no worries waiting on it really. Its one of my favorite series' at this point and the new one looks pretty solid based on what is out there so far.

Ck6tA6BWEAAvDAx.jpg

I'm not touching Windows 10 Store unless the game deals are ridiculous (or free). I still remember GFWL and Microsoft has a history of killing support early for products with lackluster sales (i.e. Zune Music Store, GFWL, Original Xbox)
which is why at first glance it seems to make more sense for me to buy hard copies on Xbox and get the Windows digital games for free

18.30 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #2111 » [Bundles] 3D Realms Bundle (C$2.79 / $2.49 / 2,49 € / £1.99) - https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/3d-realms-bundle
18.30 - M̱̱᷉i̱̱͚̱̚s̱̞̱ṯ̱̓e̱͏̱ṟ̫̱Glitch: #2112 » [Bundles] Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition + free bundle (C$20.09 / $19.99 / £14.99 / 19,99 €) - https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition-plus-free-bundle

Two

bad

bundles

Maybe Humble saves us!

ZELDARIM LOOKS AWESOME, YOU GUYS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWm_kpBcMLs

(alternative title: Zelder Scrolls)

Zelda is already worldwide trending topic on twitter.

Please Nintendo make NX be good. Not an another X-File case like Wii U

And they said the WiiU couldn't handle Witcher 3
That looks way more low res and lifeless, if you ask me. (Not saying it will be a bad game as I suspect it will be a solid addition to the franchise at the very least but if that's the best the Wii U can do... Its sorely lacking in power.)

It's T-Mobile Tuesdays. One of the rewards is giving all their subscribers a code for a free Dominos. If you don't intend to use yours better hit up Boobytastic. You could probably trade it to him for some bundle trash sloppy seconds or Xbox crap.

Many years ago a rumor was spreading around town that an employee at the local Dominos was going in the back and spreading his "special sauce" all over the pizzas.  Despite the ludicrous nature of the rumor, the owner felt the need to run a full-page ad in the paper that said any rumors about the place were untrue.  He went to great lengths to not be specific but everybody knew it was basically a huge ad saying "nobody is jacking off on your pizza, I promise!"   The rumors of course would have went away on their own but this kept it in everybody's mind and almost certainly did more harm than good.  I will forever associate Dominos pizzas with that now.  Anywho.

That's ludicrous to believe an employee was jerking on all of the pizzas. 

It would have been 1 out of 50 at most.

I just ate half of my free Dominos and can report that there was no special sauce.

There were all girls working there FWIW. And no Anime purple jelly on it either.

bread's done
Back