Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
How did the bros like Lawbreakers? Had to miss out due to work and then a last minute Windows 10 upgrade.
If there weren't any other class based shooters out there it would be goodish. As it is, thoroughly skippable, 6/10. It is to class based shooters what Enemy Front is to WW2 shooters.

Positives:

Graphics are reasonably good

Performance is good for an alpha

Game is entertaining if you enjoy class based shooters

Negatives:

It doesn't bring much new to the table. Low grav and the ability to propel yourself through the air seem more interesting than they are in practice.

It doesn't do anything better than other games in the genre.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other news of today....

In the lands of Flowy and Carl something something is happening

http://www.pcgamesn.com/htc-vive-brexit-price-hike-uk

f3ymrS.jpg

Q9V1aZ.jpg

If there weren't any other class based shooters out there it would be goodish. As it is, thoroughly skippable, 6/10. It is to class based shooters what Enemy Front is to WW2 shooters.

Positives:

Graphics are reasonably good

Performance is good for an alpha

Game is entertaining if you enjoy class based shooters

Negatives:

It doesn't bring much new to the table. Low grav and the ability to propel yourself through the air seem more interesting than they are in practice.

It doesn't do anything better than other games in the genre.
Good to know. Is Battleborn a class-based shooter? And I assume it is better than Lawbreakers?

Good to know. Is Battleborn a class-based shooter? And I assume it is better than Lawbreakers?
It is more unique than Lawbreakers for sure. From the little I have played Battleborn I like it better. Lawbreakers is closer to Overwatch or TF2 without support classes though.

I've officially joined the idled all my Steam games for cards club. Only took quite a few months! Hear it here kids....idle early!
I only do that for the games that I got bundled with something else I actually wanted. Even have a category set up for those games - probably wouldn't take months either to get through, I just keep forgetting to boot one of them up and leave it to sit there.

Speaking of which, thanks for reminding me to update that category since I bought a few bundles and was a bit too lazy to categorize the 5 or so games that I didn't want.

I only do that for the games that I got bundled with something else I actually wanted. Even have a category set up for those games - probably wouldn't take months either to get through, I just keep forgetting to boot one of them up and leave it to sit there.

Speaking of which, thanks for reminding me to update that category since I bought a few bundles and was a bit too lazy to categorize the 5 or so games that I didn't want.
Wait, am I misreading/misunderstanding this? Are you saying that you still idle games the old-fashioned way (i.e. download said game and leave it running)?

Wait, am I misreading/misunderstanding this? Are you saying that you still idle games the old-fashioned way (i.e. download said game and leave it running)?
Yup, never wanted to use external applications that tamper OR to just tamper with anything related to my Steam account that is remotely important. Primarily in fear of getting banned (highly unlikely, I know). It's probably related to my general dislike of tampering with anything that can have (personally) serious negative consequences, even if the chances are minuscule. Also, my library hasn't hit 1k yet so there isn't really much of a need as well.

He's too rich of a gamer to do anything other than that.
What's that supposed to mean?

Uh yeah, you're not tampering with your Steam account any more than you are when you're playing a game, and you certainly won't get banned (?????) for doing it. Even if Valve had a way of detecting you idling for cards, don't you think they'd want you to do it, if for no other reason than to use their marketplace?

Everyone here has used them for years if it makes you feel any better. I can't imagine trying to run every game manually.

I've officially joined the idled all my Steam games for cards club. Only took quite a few months! Hear it here kids....idle early!
Idle early and idle often!

But yeah, as Pengy mentioned, it's quite a different world now. There used to be more value to it... hell, foils used to be worth caring about, now if you get a foil you're a bit annoyed because the best thing you can do with it is probably turn it into gems rather than posting it wait forever for someone to actually want it.

Uh yeah, you're not tampering with your Steam account any more than you are when you're playing a game, and you certainly won't get banned (?????) for doing it. Even if Valve had a way of detecting you idling for cards, don't you think they'd want you to do it, if for no other reason than to use their marketplace?

Everyone here has used them for years if it makes you feel any better. I can't imagine trying to run every game manually.
I understand the process for doing so and unless Steam actually implements any other additional checks (which they haven't as far as I know) it's impossible to detect but as I said in my previous post:

It's probably related to my general dislike of tampering with anything that can have (personally) serious negative consequences, even if the chances are minuscule.
As in, if it wasn't intended that way, chances are that I won't want to do it that way, unless I actually give enough of a crap (e.g. the weapon holstering "mod"/file edit for FC3 that required you to edit some files through a hex editor; I really hated that the weapon was always out so I decided to do so). I also have a history of really screwing things up if I start to tinker with literally anything - be it digital or IRL - which probably contributed to my current stance.

The pennies are barely worth messing with if you have an idler. I can't even imagine doing it without one.
Well, I live in a country where the average salary is around 3-4 times lower than in the US or most western European countries, yet the games on Steam are (slightly) pricier since apparently the price in $ = the price in € (probably VAT related or something). So I guess you could say that it's somewhat worth to press the install button, browse and go through my mental daily "to do" checklist and then launch the game and leave it running while I work on something worthwhile. Kind of discourages the "I worked for 15 minutes so maybe let's play for a bit" mentality that seems to destroy any kind of productivity for me.

I'm the most paranoid person in this thread and even I think idling without tools is silly. You're just wasting time doing this on a per-game basis.

Reading the hare-brained monkey business going on in the Gamestop thread makes me kinda okay with even lazy PC game sales... I don't have to leave my house or talk to someone else to be incredibly disappointed and frustrated!

I totally didn't take this from 75Offers' blog, but Nation Red is only $.99 on Humble:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/nation-red

If you don't have it, you have no more excuses not to. Excellent game.
Thanks mate. I gilby'd this when it hit 85% off just before the summer sale. Then when it was only 80% off during the sale, I couldn't bring myself to pay that extra 50 cents after missing out on the $1.50 pricetag.

Nation Red is a lot of fun.

I'm still using an old version of Idle Master because it's already installed and I'm really lazy.

I "signed up" for mobile authorization two weeks ago, didn't realize I had to also do it from my phone (I figured it had my confirmed number so we were cool) and spent a week fuming that Steam wouldn't let me list cards before figuring it out the other night.

I haven't Bro'd in a while because I was laid up with a sprained foot/ankle and then was watching the conventions because I'm the sort of dork who actually watches political conventions.  Looking forward to insulting your mothers "in person" again.

If anyone wants to try Lawbreakers you can grab an alpha key here

https://www.facebook.com/lawbreakers/app/174961479209942

We bro'd it last night and I agree with the earlier opinions. Its by no means the worst of its genre, it just is very shallow mechanically. I guess full version may offer "more" but an MP only $60 game is going to have trouble. It felt like a high quality F2P game and has some balancing issues.
I really doubt it'll be priced that high as it'll have In-App Purchases. I wouldn't be surprised if it was F2P.

I'm the most paranoid person in this thread and even I think idling without tools is silly. You're just wasting time doing this on a per-game basis.
This pretty much sums up my personality and approach towards time management so I guess I'm just that kind of person. Though considering the overwhelming number of people who recommended the thing (be it directly or indirectly), I'll probably check one of the programs out once I'm in the mood or before a new Steam sale hits.

I totally didn't take this from 75Offers' blog, but Nation Red is only $.99 on Humble:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/nation-red

If you don't have it, you have no more excuses not to. Excellent game.
:wave:

Anyway, I have to agree. Even though I don't play these types of games (I think the only other twin stick I've played was Alien Swarm and that was like 3-5 hours until I uninstalled it), I instantly got hooked once I tried it. Then again, I do really like explosions, zombies and fire in games so that could've heavily influenced my enjoyment of the game.

Will have zero population if they charge for it. I can actually see people playing it as F2P with skins and extra characters for revenue.

This tweet from the Marvel Creative Director confirms that the Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC and fixes for the PC are on the way.

I created the worst kind of monster out of my younger son...

Retro-Console gamer

uJK0ok6.jpg

...Probably time for someone to call Dept of Child & Family Services on me.  :cry:

Is that actually a GXTV, or does it just look like it?
It's actually an old-ass GX TV with the wing speakers and stuff. And my kid is playing some 12 year old "five-in-one" Namco joystick-game thing. He was watching someone play Pac-Man on YouTube so I remembered that we owned those and busted them out for him.

Ugg I am encouraging bad behavior. Not only did I buy this months Humble Monthly. I bought the BOIII upgrade. BRB, feeling dirty, gotta shower. At least I used this $15 rebate card that has been clogging up my wallet for a month.

Reading the hare-brained monkey business going on in the Gamestop thread makes me kinda okay with even lazy PC game sales... I don't have to leave my house or talk to someone else to be incredibly disappointed and frustrated!
Agreed, tried it once at a Wal-Mart and just got pissed off. Benefit was that I at least learned console gamer nonsense is not for me.

It's getting very zen in here. Now I am expecting someone to ask rhetorically, "What is the sound of one hand fapping?"
If 1 x 1 = 1, and lostnumber x richgamer = fundamental math lessons, what's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

bread's done
Back