Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So the replacement for Gleam has arrived. Its gimme.one

http://gimme.one/3/RexMegaGiveaway

Similar  shit to Gleam, but no Steam stuff. Mostly Twitter. I didnt have to do anything to get this key though, just clicked the gimme one free copy button. Apparently theres a variety of shit on this GA. I got some thing Ive never heard of called Unforgiving Trials, an RPGMaker game with no cards but decent reviews. So, yay?

So the replacement for Gleam has arrived. Its gimme.one

http://gimme.one/3/RexMegaGiveaway

Similar shit to Gleam, but no Steam stuff. Mostly Twitter. I didnt have to do anything to get this key though, just clicked the gimme one free copy button. Apparently theres a variety of shit on this GA. I got some thing Ive never heard of called Unforgiving Trials, an RPGMaker game with no cards but decent reviews. So, yay?
I was going to say I kind of missed Gleam giveaways, since it got me lots of garbage with cards.....but really I hated joining all those groups and them force posting junk on my twitter. I wont do this site.

Most of those giveaways gave garbage though with only some like the Indiegala site ones giving decent stuff.

I was going to say I kind of missed Gleam giveaways, since it got me lots of garbage with cards.....but really I hated joining all those groups and them force posting junk on my twitter. I wont do this site.

Most of those giveaways gave garbage though with only some like the Indiegala site ones giving decent stuff.
Eh, I just delete the Twitter crap as soon as I do it and unfollow a few. Its not a big deal for me.

I got sick of the group shit though.

The free Indie Gala thing doesnt use Gleam I dont believe, but Gleam is still around just Steam groups can't use them, so we can't offer up Fox's mom on one.

I deleted the tweets right away too....and left the groups after doing that days giveaways...just was a pain of stupidity just to get free keys generally for poop. Oh well just less stuff to idle.

I didn't notice till now that Mortal Kombat X is free for awhile for the beta testing.

Anyone up for a few matches? Might be the only fighting game CAG members can beat me in since I've never played it.

Can't guarantee I'll have time to play this weekend but I've been meaning to play some MKX. Feel free to challenge me if you see me playing. My Steam ID and CAG username are the same. You will be almost guaranteed to win, no matter your skill level.

I didn't notice till now that Mortal Kombat X is free for awhile for the beta testing.

Anyone up for a few matches? Might be the only fighting game CAG members can beat me in since I've never played it.
dontbelieve.png

Well poop. A big storm came through last night and I think it burnt out my network slot. The lights stay on even when the PC is off and no Ethernet cable is plugged in. Won't connect to my network and, in fact, I don't think my PC even recognizes the slot as being installed. Might have to get a cheap usb network adapter off of amazon. Not too worried about how nice it is because this PC is mostly my living room media machine so Netflix, Hulu, etc. Or should I get an actual card? Thoughts?

Well poop. A big storm came through last night and I think it burnt out my network slot. The lights stay on even when the PC is off and no Ethernet cable is plugged in. Won't connect to my network and, in fact, I don't think my PC even recognizes the slot as being installed. Might have to get a cheap usb network adapter off of amazon. Not too worried about how nice it is because this PC is mostly my living room media machine so Netflix, Hulu, etc. Or should I get an actual card? Thoughts?
Just a plain ole PCI network controller? You can get them dirt cheap on a place like Ebay.

May get better speed via an actual card than a USB adapter, but you prob can get both for less than $15 total these days. Same seller I linked to has a variety of them to choose from to fit your potential needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Steam Documentary Movies I Don't Want to Watch:

Aya: Awakenings - 3GB37-0WB7L-RCEF5

Bound By Sea - CBQ86-RCRDQ-222NA

Losing Lebron - II7F5-K4KHB-Q6B6J

Enjoy!

Thanks for the drops, but someone else got them. I guess times are so desperate even Steam movies are getting spodered quickly. 

Bros played Town of Salem tonight.  Had missed it the first two times and was skeptical after Trouble in the Manor, but we had a blast and even went over.  Our apologies to Parallacks for not playing the game right until after we left.  Once we chose random names and didn't know who we were it was pretty fun.  Hard to explain, but it works really well and the social aspects are great.  

Can't guarantee I'll have time to play this weekend but I've been meaning to play some MKX. Feel free to challenge me if you see me playing. My Steam ID and CAG username are the same. You will be almost guaranteed to win, no matter your skill level.
Ok, in all seriousness I wanted to try this over the weekend, but turns out private lobbies are disabled. Can't invite friends, only lets you play with randoms. I made an event but shortly cancelled it after I realized this lol. If you guys want to test it with me to see if we can connect to each other randomly, message me and I'll try. Didn't want other people to download a 23gb game when there's a high chance we can't play together though.

I know Gearbox took down the Megaton edition off of steam and mentioined that they will bring it back later this year.

http://techraptor.net/content/duke-nukem-3d-megaton-edition-removed-from-stores

Guessing this will have original levels (judging by last pic) and some new ones. See a new weapon too which looks like a flamthrower which is just a reskin of the freeze gun. Wonder if the shooting animation is the same as well just red lol.

Hoping this is good! Love me some Duke 3D!

If you keep switching games (next game) in Idlemaster theres a steam glitch where cards drop instantly for some games. I got up to 8 cards just running through it. Best if you wait a few seconds between switching.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/e7Jhp/steam-or-idle-master-glitch

I was able to knock out all the games I had left.
This is not how CAG works. You need to keep that to yourself then wait for someone to complain about how long it takes to idle for cards and then you cryptically post "y u not idle when glitched?"

If you keep switching games (next game) in Idlemaster theres a steam glitch where cards drop instantly for some games. I got up to 8 cards just running through it. Best if you wait a few seconds between switching.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/e7Jhp/steam-or-idle-master-glitch

I was able to knock out all the games I had left.
Yea, I can confirm this is still working. I was just able to get about 20 cards really quickly. I would get a game idling and then wait 15 seconds and then load the next. A few seconds into the 2nd game it would drop a card.

The 2 hour rule still applies as far as I can tell as well.

This may be patched now. I dunno. When I try to connect Idle Master it logs in fine and all that, but it wont show that Im even in a game now on the Steam client. Doesnt happen when I run a game inside Steam directly.

EDIT: And now its working again. Finicky shit.

How do you skip games in ASF?
Have no idea. Thats why Im using Idle Master to do it lol

Its really finicky though. Ill get on a roll and get like 10 cards in less than a minute, but then it'll stop working and it takes a while to get the groove going again. Whenever I have to restart Idle Master cause I run out of games to idle is when it seems to reset.

Heres the command for ASF apparently

https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiSteamFarm/wiki/Commands

Have no idea. Thats why Im using Idle Master to do it lol

Its really finicky though. Ill get on a roll and get like 10 cards in less than a minute, but then it'll stop working and it takes a while to get the groove going again. Whenever I have to restart Idle Master cause I run out of games to idle is when it seems to reset.

Heres the command for ASF apparently

https://github.com/JustArchi/ArchiSteamFarm/wiki/Commands
I don't necessarily think it's new though because I've always noticed that when either IM or ASF would switch games, I would often get a notification of a card drop within 10-15 seconds. I always just assumed Steam was lagging in the notifications, but now I see it's just some weird glitch thing. Will try it once I get up to two hours on these 20 games I have to idle.

I don't necessarily think it's new though because I've always noticed that when either IM or ASF would switch games, I would often get a notification of a card drop within 10-15 seconds. I always just assumed Steam was lagging in the notifications, but now I see it's just some weird glitch thing. Will try it once I get up to two hours on these 20 games I have to idle.
Yea same Ive noticed it before too but it never clicked to just keep clicking.

Im doing the same now, I have a bit that need to be idled for the 2 hours. I keep having to restart the program after I get past the ones that already "qualify" for drops.

I managed to idle like ten cards before it stopped for me. But if you've got a bunch of games at two hours then this is good for you. Take advantage while you can.

I managed to idle like ten cards before it stopped for me. But if you've got a bunch of games at two hours then this is good for you. Take advantage while you can.
Yea, when you have to reset the program its unknown how to get it to start up again, it just magically works again all of a sudden, but a bit of trial and error.

I imagine it has to do with calling the server so it may get overloaded with all the clicking, you get the groove going and then it takes a bit to re-engage. If you've got a bunch that you can zip through, you can rack them up quickly. I have 60 games that need 2 hours and around 8 that already have that time, so gonna get two hours in everything and see whats possible.

Bros played Town of Salem tonight. Had missed it the first two times and was skeptical after Trouble in the Manor, but we had a blast and even went over. Our apologies to Parallacks for not playing the game right until after we left. Once we chose random names and didn't know who we were it was pretty fun. Hard to explain, but it works really well and the social aspects are great.
Syntax error was there in spirit. Bah was horrible at that game, with an honorable mention the Malkan.

Does anyone actually use steam for digital movies or tv shows? I have some indie movies that I got in a bundle but I can't really see myself buying any normal movies or tv shows on it. There are so many superior digital movie services I really don't understand how steam plans to compete.

Does anyone actually use steam for digital movies or tv shows? I have some indie movies that I got in a bundle but I can't really see myself buying any normal movies or tv shows on it. There are so many superior digital movie services I really don't understand how steam plans to compete.
I don't see it as about competing, just offering another outlet. Why not?

Ive only used it to watch a film that came with a game (that Metal Gear thing), other than that no. Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, the list is endless for movies and crap.

bread's done
Back