Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
SeasonalCAG Spoderfox BLOPS3 Broh Night Update:

I think it went well, got on discord around 11PM EST heard some people talking (no mic kid was asleep) then the brohs acknowledged I was there. None of the brohs had me on steam so I to wait for an invite. Fox felt sorry for me and sent an invite. Then everyone left to do something else. So played a couple of matches by myself wondering where it all went wrong. 10/10 broh night then I drank a handle of Evan Williams whiskey.
I can relate. I was all greased up in discord and logged into Blops when my wife walked in and was like "I thought we were going to watch that Amanda Knox documentary" and I was like "fuuuuuuck" and so that was that!

They're finally bringing a big update to the game?
While I liked the The Division I say wait for an another sale around $20-$25 if you're playing solo.
Finding people to play with for some missions can be a pain now with the player-base being so small now.
I can't find anyone to do the last two missions with me.
Ueah, sometime in October you should see it. They are changing loot up considerably so you will no longer need 229 loot to get 229 rewards. It will finally make sense and one will be able to progress like one woukd expect. Use your 163 gear to get your 182, 182 to get 204, etc.

What missions are you having trouble with? Story or you talking about incursions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate. I was all greased up in discord and logged into Blops when my wife walked in and was like "I thought we were going to watch that Amanda Knox documentary" and I was like "fuuuuuuck" and so that was that!
did you tell her the dick burden clown was joining anyway and you didnt want to play with him, so you would rather watch the documentary?

I think it went well, got on discord around 11PM EST heard some people talking (no mic kid was asleep) then the brohs acknowledged I was there. None of the brohs had me on steam so I to wait for an invite. Fox felt sorry for me and sent an invite. Then everyone left to do something else. So played a couple of matches by myself wondering where it all went wrong. 10/10 broh night then I drank a handle of Evan Williams whiskey.
Yeah, I felt bad about that. Right when I invited you everyone decided to leave and FissFiss and Keeper were carrying the team so there was no point to keep going.

Free players couldn't host or join private matches (BS) so we had to go public and while we had one good game it was mostly us being matched against loser pros or cheater or racists. COD BO III online community is toxic as fuck but no surprise there.

I played some Homefront Rev co-op with Syntax before then and Carl joined us on Discord just to ask me what Mexican food he should order but never reported back whether it was any good so I will assume he spent the rest of the night on the toilet.

After COD, Reds, Jimbo, and I took another trip to the world of Miscreated. I got a city bus working and Jimbo and I took a trip to go pick up Reds. After picking him up, Jimbo jumped from the bus to his death and Reds was eaten by a zombie right outside the bus when we stopped to loot. I found and picked up Jimbo again and we went to meet Reds at the airport, but then I accidentally ran over Reds and he gave up for the night, but I can't blame him. I felt so bad about it, but you need to wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before trying to get on.

So that's what happened to you? Foxy Knoxy claimed another victim.

Hey guys, I play all my games with a DDR pad, I have my PC on a carpeted floor (case has wheels tho), team red or team wood screws, papa john's pizza sucks, no one can tell the difference between 60 fps and 30 fps, Desura was the better game client, DRM FREE4LYFE, more VRAM is always better, ARPGs suck, anything over 1080p is pointless, feel the bern, Yanni did nothing wrong, and fox's mom isn't that great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1k1GcZRww

hope I didn't forget anything.
Major difference b/t 30fps and 60fps - especially in fast games like Doom or racing games where speed & movement really matters. At 60FPS - it just feels more fluid, smoother, and framerates (if they take hits) won't normally be as bad, if it takes a major hit. I'd rather take a hit from say 60FPS to 40FPS than say 30FPS to almost-slideshow territory 15FPS or lower (ewwww @ single-digits and slideshow territory).

I wouldn't say that anything over 1080p is useless - it's just often quite pricey, once you want to go into 4K territory. Then you have to buy a 4K monitor and/or HDTV and/or a video card (or two) that can actually handle 4K at settings + framerates that you want.

1440p seems a bit more reasonable for monitors (and video cards) - though it isn't yet in the price-range for me to go right out & just buy a 1440p monitor. Maybe Black Friday can come up with a killer deal and make me take a Leap of Faith.

tumblr_maddbbxJyr1r3dqzgo1_400.gif

And yes - DRM-FREE for Life! But...if it ain't DRM-FREE, Steam's definitely the best service out there + the best games prices are normally Steam-versions - whether it's from Steam themselves; or some 3rd party digital store; or a 3rd party retail brick + mortar store. Of course, nothing's better than a Steam-game that uses Steam (for the delivery & any Steam fridge benefits like time-tracking) + the game can actually work w/out Steam running (if need be); which makes it essentially also DRM-FREE (after it's downloaded)! :)

EDIT:

So, I mention 1440p monitors and NewEgg has this 27'' QNIX 1440p monitor for $204:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH1GM6846&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=MP100216&cm_mmc=EMC-MP100216-_-EMC-100216-Index-_-index-_-9SIA4JH1GM6846

Yeah, I felt bad about that. Right when I invited you everyone decided to leave and FissFiss and Keeper were carrying the team so there was no point to keep going.

Free players couldn't host or join private matches (BS) so we had to go public and while we had one good game it was mostly us being matched against loser pros or cheater or racists. COD BO III online community is toxic as fuck but no surprise there.
Yeah the community was terrible. The racism/trash talking got unbearable plus I was starting to fall asleep so I left. It'd be nice to play that again when we can do private matches, fuck randoms.

NewEgg has a 41.5'' 4K HDTV by Westinghouse for $249 w/ Free Shipping (before any taxes):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8RW4T48445&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=MP100216&cm_mmc=EMC-MP100216-_-EMC-100216-Index-_-index-_-9SIA8RW4T48445

Buyer beware:

For us gamers - seems like it has too much input lag from reviews on Amazon if you plan to play any games on your PC or console with this HDTV. Meh @ that.

Though, seems like it'll do fine for using as just only as a HDTV to watch TV on.

Of course, I certainly wouldn't expect the moon here - Westinghouse is normally not on the level of LG, Samsung, and the higher quality TV brands.

Kinguin has again very YMMV -2€ coupon "PREMIUMGIFT"

ISqlArc.png

Their site (esp. search) still sucks hard, makes it hard to find anything worthy so I picked what showed up first and feel like I overpaid lol.

Tried to buy 5 Random Keys and code didn't work.  I guess I'm not premium gift worthy.

Also, I have a Westinghouse television and the HDMI ports died within two years.  Must be the board because none of them work.  We've been using it with composite cables until we are inspired to replace it.  Now the composite cable ports are going flaky in a "you have to jiggle the wires" sort of way.  I suspect the weight of the cables has been slowly separating the ports from the board.

did you tell her the dick burden clown was joining anyway and you didnt want to play with him, so you would rather watch the documentary?
She says to me, "That DickBurden gives me the creeps I just hope our son doesn't grow up to be anything like him." And I say "You're right, babe. I hope not, too."

Brodeal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BIBB1KI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Amazon Warehouse Deals has the Dell UltraSharp U2913WM 29-Inch Ultra Widescreen LED-Lit Monitor for around $172 in Very Good condition (damaged packaging but item pristine). They had 6 left after I ordered mine.  This description usually means these are new, but the boxes got damaged.  If you order be sure to choose the right listing.  They have another Very Good listing that indicates there is damage on the monitor so don't order that one.  

Had been looking for a 29'' Ultrawide for around $175 and this was it for me.  Right now it is $299 on Amazon and regular price is $399 on Dell so this is a pretty sweet deal.  

Edit:

And gone I think.  Damn those went quick.  They still have some that indicate cosmetic damage if you don't mind that. 

Whatever is left of the Black Ops 1 Community seems to be fine, and I really like having a server browser for ranked matches. Black Ops 3 with the starter pack is alright, but the lack of a server browser feels strange. But it has dedicated servers, which is far better than the situation with MW2. I dunno what the experience is like with Black Ops 2, which I don't have.

Whatever is left of the Black Ops 1 Community seems to be fine, and I really like having a server browser for ranked matches. Black Ops 3 with the starter pack is alright, but the lack of a server browser feels strange. But it has dedicated servers, which is far better than the situation with MW2. I dunno what the experience is like with Black Ops 2, which I don't have.
I think it sucks that everybody on BO3 MP (PC) seems to be playing mostly Team Deathmatch this weekend. Really??!? Can the BO3 PC community maybe play any other modes besides that one in Core mode, mostly? What about Kill Confirmed and Free-For-All? Meh.

This is the same issue I had w/ Titanfall PC - where pretty much, everybody was playing Attrition and trying to get into a game w/ the other modes was like a Ghost Town.

Don't get me wrong - I like BO3 MP here. But, there isn't going to be any staying power for me on the MP, if players are just going to stick w/ only Team Deathmatch.

I think it sucks that everybody on BO3 MP seems to be playing mostly Team Deathmatch this weekend. Really??!? Can the BO3 PC community maybe play any other modes besides those, mostly? What about Kill Confirmed and Free-For-All? Meh.

This is the same issue I had w/ Titanfall - where pretty much, everybody was playing Attrition and trying to get into a game w/ the other modes was like a Ghost Town.

Don't get me wrong - I like BO3 MP here. But, there isn't going to be any staying power for me on the MP, if players are just going to stick w/ only Team Deathmatch.
I think that's a PC COD problem, at least with most of the games I've played. Modes besides TDM are basically dead. Console versions have a much more robust player base, so that's something to keep in mind. And with the ultra high prices of even older COD games on Steam, the player base remains small. I got Black Ops 1 from a trade from someone who got it from Greenmangaming, but otherwise it costs way too much for such an old game.

Brodeal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BIBB1KI/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Amazon Warehouse Deals has the Dell UltraSharp U2913WM 29-Inch Ultra Widescreen LED-Lit Monitor for around $172 in Very Good condition (damaged packaging but item pristine). They had 6 left after I ordered mine. This description usually means these are new, but the boxes got damaged. If you order be sure to choose the right listing. They have another Very Good listing that indicates there is damage on the monitor so don't order that one.

Had been looking for a 29'' Ultrawide for around $175 and this was it for me. Right now it is $299 on Amazon and regular price is $399 on Dell so this is a pretty sweet deal.

Edit:

And gone I think. Damn those went quick. They still have some that indicate cosmetic damage if you don't mind that.
I like how their picture is showing they dont have the right resolution set lol

I think it sucks that everybody on BO3 MP seems to be playing mostly Team Deathmatch this weekend. Really??!? Can the BO3 PC community maybe play any other modes besides that one in Core mode, mostly? What about Kill Confirmed and Free-For-All? Meh.

This is the same issue I had w/ Titanfall - where pretty much, everybody was playing Attrition and trying to get into a game w/ the other modes was like a Ghost Town.

Probably shouldn't complain about not having anyone to play mp with when you actively avoid every invitation you get to play with other people.

Probably shouldn't complain about not having anyone to play mp with when you actively avoid every invitation you get to play with other people.
It's not the player-base; there seems to be plenty playing. Getting into TDM is easy + pretty much instant.

My complaint's the choice of their (main) mode + lack of variety that the majority of BO3 player-base are actually playing.

I'm fine w/ TDM and all - but...my God, can they play a few other modes regularly, too? I don't constantly want to be playing the same mode, all the time.

EDIT:

Regardless, still gonna wait to get BO3, until it gets cheaper. I still need to get to both COD Ghosts SP & AW SP, anyways.

I'll probably do much better w/ Doom 2016 for MP, as players seem to be doing fine w/ playing both TDM + FFA.

y u no buy when $20 physical-copy back then?

You could've bought the retail copy at $20; just typed in the game-key in the pamphlet from the retail box; and downloaded the game in full from Steam.

And BTW, Steam deals do NOT always top retail deals - especially when it comes to stores feeling like they need clearance sales to clear stock so they can make space for other upcoming games that are incoming and/or games that always seem to fly off their shelves.

Steam used to have pretty good deals on the regular - but, they're now the WalMart's of digital distribution. They don't have to drastically cut prices to make sales, since they now have a reputation, fan-base, control of a majority of the digital distribution sales on PC, and whatnot. So, deals from Steam are going to be hit-or-miss for you. You're often better off keeping an eye open everywhere and just keep watching for deals - these days and age, deals are scattered everywhere.
Because I don't want to support those half-assed physical releases. If they're not willing to put the whole thing disc or a USB stick, they need to stop doing the fucking physical releases. I will NOT buy shit that's just a code in the box.

Because I don't want to support those half-assed physical releases. If they're not willing to put the whole thing disc or a USB stick, they need to stop doing the fucking physical releases. I will NOT buy shit that's just a code in the box.
I can understand if you have a crappy connection, crappy ISP, and/or a decent one just isn't available in your area.

But - if you have a decent Internet connection, this really shouldn't matter too much. Just plug the code in and get downloading. Go watch a movie, TV show, or do something else - while it DL's and all.

Why? Who cares? If you were willing to buy it on Steam, what difference does it make if your key is on a little scrap of paper instead?

They do a "physical release" to put the product on retail shelves so kids can say "Grandma, buy me Doom!" and Grandma can do so without learning about Steam and digital distribution. Putting a disc or USB stick in the box just costs more money and I'd rather not pay for a disc I don't need just so I can throw it away.

Fired up Forza Horizon for the first time and I think if the game's first impressions hold, it may end up my favorite "glitch grab" ever. Its gorgeous and the map is at least as large as The Crew. 

GOOD:

- Technologically, I found the game fine for me (FX-8350, GTX 970, 12 GB RAM). There have been some people stating that its optimized poorly, but I ran into none of that and I dunno if those comments are related to it at first launch last week. I set the FPS to 60 (defaults at 30) before playing it. I didn't put the in game FPS counter on but it passed the eye/feel test with flying colors.

- I was playing with an XBone controller and I think its the first PC game to have the haptic feedback in the triggers activated. 

- All of your opponents in game are your friends. What I mean by this is in races the game gives the AI opponents the names of your Xbox friends i.e. my first race was against GeorgeBot, although it was AI. I am not sure if these act like their real life counterparts in game, but I thought that was kinda cool.

- I've been to Byron Bay in Australia (where the game starts) and the areas that Ive been to are represented in the game extremely well. The environments are also really diverse. I drove along the beach, jungles, and open road all within my 45 mins or so of playtime.

NOT SO GOOD:

- Right off the bat the game gave me a nag screen about drivers (Nvidia). I had not updated to the latest ones, so I did that. You may want to upgrade to the latest (372.90) before starting.

- No custom playlist options that Ive found so far. They (MS) want you to use their streaming service (Groove Music) to be able to create custom playlists. fuck that shit. The in-game stations are all licensed and I found one that was tolerable for my tastes, but no custom playlists on PC is a crime. You can create your own playlists by adding MP3 files to OneDrive and then opening the Groove Music app in Windows 10 and creating the playlist from there.

- Dunno how to take screenshots in these W10 games other than with old fashioned Print Screen. I took an awesome one while riding along a beach but I overwrote it when I took a different one at dusk which is below. Used to Steam with screenshots.

There is an option called "Dynamic Optimazation" and with that enabled it does what it says, but you cant edit the advanced options with it enabled. I fiddled with a few once I figured out why I couldn't access the Advanced menu from the start, but not enough time played to really tell what effects what.

Definitely looking forward to playing this more. 

xbfvWHG.jpg

I can understand if you have a crappy connection, crappy ISP, and/or a decent one just isn't available in your area.

But - if you have a decent Internet connection, this really shouldn't matter too much. Just plug the code in and get downloading. Go watch a movie, TV show, or do something else - while it DL's and all.

Why? Who cares? If you were willing to buy it on Steam, what difference does it make if your key is on a little scrap of paper instead?

They do a "physical release" to put the product on retail shelves so kids can say "Grandma, buy me Doom!" and Grandma can do so without learning about Steam and digital distribution. Putting a disc or USB stick in the box just costs more money and I'd rather not pay for a disc I don't need just so I can throw it away.
It's a matter of principle, and I have terrible internet. A physical release should be 100% physical or not exist. If I want to download a game from Steam, I'll fucking buy it from Steam in the first place!

It's a matter of principle, and I have terrible internet. A physical release should be 100% physical or not exist. If I want to download a game from Steam, I'll fucking buy it from Steam in the first place!
Too bad the gaming industry doesn't give a shit about what you want.

Either buy physical with a code inside or don't get the game. Your decision will impact no one.

I don't disagree with you wholly here, but I also agree with FissFiss that the industry doesn't give a shit about what you want, but at the same time, this is virtually impossible these days. They can only give you so much data on discs due to the sheer size of games, on top of that many games these days release relatively large patches from day one, so you're going to have instances where you need to download X amount of data from the go. On top of that, games change quite a bit from manufacturing to launch and sometimes that change can be drastic. Manufacturing 50 GB games on DVDs costs time and money.

This is just the way of the PC gaming world these days. More people have capable internet than don't. The newest games are also all exceeding 10 GB (and thats on the low side) so you're going to run into this often. You need to upgrade your internet or adapt your approach (re: downloading), otherwise you're going to be consistently annoyed with the state of things. Download shit overnight, preload, there are options for people in your position. Adapt or stick to consoles. I'm not intending to be harsh, but complaining isn't changing a damn thing. You're in the minority.

Buying a game whose DRM is Steam, means you're going to be downloading data regardless if you buy it off a rack or digitally.

Says who? You? If you WANT the game, Steam is the only way to get it because it's only on Steam. Allowing you to buy it off the shelf is a convenience, just like allowing you to buy it from Amazon, GMG, etc is.

Liked for Evan Williams whiskey

Weird I thought they put Doom (and Fallout 4) on disc so I could buy them both multiple times for $20 each, over the last three months.

Weird I thought they put Doom (and Fallout 4) on disc so I could buy them both multiple times for $20 each, over the last three months.
And they're both only on one DVD from retail. You'll have to download the rest from Steam.

EDIT:

Listen, I agree - if you buy a game from retail and it comes w/ disc(s), it should be in full.

But, that is not what is happening these days; unfortunately. It's the new trend (i.e. see Fallout 4, Doom, MGS5: TPP, etc) - and you're going to have to do something about this yourself. You're going to need a solution to your problem.

As much as we'd all love to see games in full on BR, BDXL, or a nice-sized USB-flash drive - that's probably not going to happen. BR and BDXL formats just have not taken off on PC - and probably won't b/c downloading from the Net got popular here. It'll cost the dev's + pub's even more $ and drive the cost of a retail version up, if they were to put these games on BR, BDXL, or USB flash-drive - and it's not like those formats are dirt-cheap, either. And it's not like PC retail boxes are often flying off the shelves like crazy, either - this isn't the 90's or early 2000's (before Steam).

You have poor Internet, so in this era - well, you're screwed unfortunately. Basically, your options are to get better Internet + pay for it; move somewhere that has decent Internet options available to you so you can get that; just buy older games that aren't so damn huge; or deal w/ what you got so you'll just have to let it download for a whole day or whatever.

I don't disagree with you wholly here, but I also agree with FissFiss that the industry doesn't give a shit about what you want, but at the same time, this is virtually impossible these days. They can only give you so much data on discs due to the sheer size of games, on top of that many games these days release relatively large patches from day one, so you're going to have instances where you need to download X amount of data from the go. On top of that, games change quite a bit from manufacturing to launch and sometimes that change can be drastic. Manufacturing 50 GB games on DVDs costs time and money.

This is just the way of the PC gaming world these days. More people have capable internet than don't. The newest games are also all exceeding 10 GB (and thats on the low side) so you're going to run into this often. You need to upgrade your internet or adapt your approach (re: downloading), otherwise you're going to be consistently annoyed with the state of things. Download shit overnight, preload, there are options for people in your position. Adapt or stick to consoles. I'm not intending to be harsh, but complaining isn't changing a damn thing. You're in the minority.

Buying a game whose DRM is Steam, means you're going to be downloading data regardless if you buy it off a rack or digitally.
You think I'd be using fucking 3mb DSL if I had a choice in the matter? Nothing else available here. Also, they could easily use USB sticks. It'd probably cost them $4 or less to make a 32GB stick, and it would let them justify keeping the physical price even with the digital instead of the physical being cheaper than Steam sales and making Steam look shitty.

You think I'd be using fucking 3mb DSL if I had a choice in the matter? Nothing else available here. Also, they could easily use USB sticks. It'd probably cost them $4 or less to make a 32GB stick, and it would let them justify keeping the physical price even with the digital instead of the physical being cheaper than Steam sales and making Steam look shitty.
Serious question, would you be willing to pay like $10 extra for a physical version if it contained all the game on either USB or disk? I also don't think it's as easy as just putting stuff on disc. When I bought Killing Floor years ago the game came on disk with Steam code, but by the time I got it the Steam version was so updated or changed the disk was basically pointless and I had to DL the full game again. I was annoyed, this was years ago and my internet was super slow.

Is now a good old time to bring up how you guys all suck at golf and are going to lose the Ryder Cup... again. Again. Again.

We even put our D-team out this time. It's like that episode of Father Ted where they deliberately try NOT to win Eurovision. It stopped being funny a while ago. Hurry up and learn to play again please.

Scrubs.

:nottalking:
:whistle2:k

:D/

One 32GB stick won't cut it for some of these games.

Doom is now taking up 68GB in total, after the last patch. COD: AW is taking up around 50GB. COD: BO3 MP portion alone from Free Weekend is eating up almost 38GB - so I could imagine what the game in full w/ also the SP + Zombies would eat up. Fallout 4 with all its DLC is eating away 37GB. WWE 2K15 is around 36GB; and WWE 2K16 is around 48 GB. NBA2K16 is 55GB in size. The Evil Within is a little over 42 GB.

Again, you need to adapt. You're preaching to the choir. You're in a situation that is limiting through no fault of Steam's other than them (and more importantly, game publishers who actually make the decision regarding manufacturing of their own games) not catering to your situation. Even if they did do what you suggest, you're still going to run into situations where the data on that USB stick or disc is not up to date and you're going to be forced to DL data. There are countless games whose publishers do not want to manufacture because the cost outweighs the few sales they gain by doing so.

Steam may "look shitty" to you because of the limitations that you're not in control over, but there's literally millions that don't feel the same way. Steam is a digital platform. If you want to play a game that is only using digital distribution, its not Steam's fault. Game publishers and services like Steam are not going to go the route you suggest for people in your situation unless the masses are in the same situation, they're not. You need to find a method that allows you to maximize your enjoyment on the platform or change platforms.

Get in the habit of planning what you're going to play in advance. Take advantages of preloads if you pre-order things. Your situation does not allow you to decide to play a game on a whim. That's just the hand you're dealing with right now. Because of your internet limitations, you're never going to be able to take full advantage of Steam and other digital platforms. Moaning about it incessantly on the internet to people who do not have the same limitations is not going to solve anything.

@NoLifeDGenerate

To add to Arch's + Fox's excellent posts:

So, at some point - the original game-disc is going to be worthless, as Fox have pointed-out b/c of Day 1 Patches; especially even more so true if you're stuck w/ slow Internet. Add DLC's, expansions, Season Passes, and other things also on top - then this also rings even more so true.

It's probably going to be best to back-up your Steam game-folder in its newest state (when you decide to cut it from your fast gaming main internal hard drive) right on another huge external drive or something for storage/back-up/later reinstalling purposes. That way, you can just place the Steam-folder back in its place, if you reinstall - and likely or hopefully won't be needing to update as much (or even at all). And this is even more so true, since you're stuck w/ a slow connection in your area...unfortunately.

EDIT:

Another suggestion, if you have to do a download on one PC, but you actually have another PC - just play games on your secondary PC. If I am doing a major download on my main desktop PC, I'll likely get my game-playing on with my gaming laptop. 

if he moanb1tch passionately to his ISP instead of to us or a certain digital distributor (insert name here), maybe he will get more out from his situation

I would just move out of Podunk.
HEY! I live in Podunk and have a somewhat respectable 50/10 connection. Pretty sure he must live in rural Wyoming with like 5 other people in a 10 mile radius. When his lack of a good internet connection turns him into a serial killer that location will work out though!

In just two minutes I could think of options if I had bad internet..

- Buy two 1 TB external hard drives. Send both to a friend w/ good internet and ask them to download X # of games on one via your Steam account or go over to his/her place once in a while. Fill the fucker up, send it back to you. When you're ready for an update, ask to fill the other one and send the old one to him/her when that new one arrives. Or supplement with a USB stick instead of 2 externals.

- Move.

- Bitch at my ISP.

- Bitch at Al Gore.

- Bitch at spoder.

- Make fun of Syntax for being old.

- Ask weiler's mom for freebies.

- Play smaller games.

- Get a PS4.

- Get a time machine and fast forward til your area has finally moved past 2002 technology.

Again, you need to adapt. You're preaching to the choir. You're in a situation that is limiting through no fault of Steam's other than them (and more importantly, game publishers who actually make the decision regarding manufacturing of their own games) not catering to your situation. Even if they did do what you suggest, you're still going to run into situations where the data on that USB stick or disc is not up to date and you're going to be forced to DL data. There are countless games whose publishers do not want to manufacture because the cost outweighs the few sales they gain by doing so.

Steam may "look shitty" to you because of the limitations that you're not in control over, but there's literally millions that don't feel the same way. Steam is a digital platform. If you want to play a game that is only using digital distribution, its not Steam's fault. Game publishers and services like Steam are not going to go the route you suggest for people in your situation unless the masses are in the same situation, they're not. You need to find a method that allows you to maximize your enjoyment on the platform or change platforms.

Get in the habit of planning what you're going to play in advance. Take advantages of preloads if you pre-order things. Your situation does not allow you to decide to play a game on a whim. That's just the hand you're dealing with right now. Because of your internet limitations, you're never going to be able to take full advantage of Steam and other digital platforms. Moaning about it incessantly on the internet to people who do not have the same limitations is not going to solve anything.
No, Steam looks shitty because their sales don't match the sales on the half-assed physical release which is just a fucking Steam code. The whole point was do a physical release or don't. A code in a box is fucking retarded.

No, Steam looks shitty because their sales don't match the sales on the half-assed physical release which is just a fucking Steam code. The whole point was do a physical release or don't. A code in a box is fucking retarded.
It's not really Valve/Steam's choice. They allow the publisher to generate keys for 3rd party sales. Whether that sale is via Green Man Gaming or Walmart's shelf is largely immaterial. For that matter, sometimes 3rd party digital merchants will be selling for a game for less than Steam. That's just called retail sales.

You can continue whining about the code in the box; I'll be over here playing the $20 copy of Doom I bought.

Re: Forza Horizon

If you're planning on bro nighting or just want to know in general it takes a bit of play to unlock online. Online seems pretty damn cool/deep too. It took me 1-2 hours of play to get it open. Im at level 3, so that's a barometer. However, I have the VIP pass so Im accruing XP quicker, so thats another thing to take into account.

bread's done
Back