Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Judging from other forums and Facebook, plenty of people are seeking it out to play on it. I personally don't understand it as retro-gaming doesn't hold much appeal to me. I once bought one of those "Classic Activision Games" discs for the Playstation and it took maybe the length of time you need to microwave a burrito before I realized that I didn't really want to play more River Raid.
Eh. I still have a dusty original Xbox that I got on the cheap back in like 2003. Its modded. I have the entire NES library on one DVD. Same with Atari, Master System, MAME, SNES, Genesis and N64 etc (differing amounts of DVDs for all). I hardly ever bother with em, as I tend to agree with you on retro gaming, but its nice knowing they're there if I ever want to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Noone listened to me, i said it was crap. then you punks made me buy dead by daylight and play the nurse cold turkey. fuck
Bigging up the nurse was a joke and cmon, you were getting the hang of it by the end. Many of us have it and its the perfect backup game too. Think positive. You also got it cheaper than 99% of us.

Robert Bowling is behind this... he seems like a likeable guy but he's already blown allot of other people's money (Robotoki) and I'm leery for that reason alone.
y u make me look up Robotoki/Human Element. I've never heard of them until now. How did he blow peoples money? I'm not finding any info about it. Tried checking if it was on some crowdfunding site but couldn't find that either.

Noone listened to me, i said it was crap. then you punks made me buy dead by daylight and play the nurse cold turkey. fuck
Everyone was waiting on you to choose a new game, and since that never happened we played Dangerous Golf, lol.

Robert Bowling is behind this... he seems like a likeable guy but he's already blown allot of other people's money (Robotoki) and I'm leery for that reason alone.
I can't help but think he is blowing the money of whoever is backing him this time. Not so much the people subbing @ $20/yr. Obviously no money will be made porting games at $1 and change per game with relatively low sub numbers. Kinda assuming he will be running a large loss at first while trying to make it look appealing. Hopefully that translates into good value the first 6 months or so anyway.

Most Americans - especially the younger crowd - have no idea who Bud Spencer and Terence Hill are.

I grew up watching their films, so I'm hopeful the game won't suck, but the promo video didn't leave me very impressed with anything other than the artwork.

https://twitter.com/Gusgux/status/747622273104781312

Dead by Daylight is like bowling: It's fun for dicking around with friends when you don't know what else to do but I wouldn't want to play it nightly or competitively.  That said, I've gotten my money's worth of entertainment out of it.

Dead by Daylight is like bowling: It's fun for dicking around with friends when you don't know what else to do but I wouldn't want to play it nightly or competitively. That said, I've gotten my money's worth of entertainment out of it.
y u h8 bowling. Dead by Daylight is great fun, but replayability is limited by the leveling restriction in private games. Dumb dev, I can't believe this is still a thing. I'd be playing it a lot more if they gave private lobbies their own leveling system or just ditched the restriction completely.

Anyway, Duck Game is the most fun I've had during bronights. Been hoping it'd get bundled but I may break down and buy it in an upcoming sale.

Looks like Watch Dogs 2 will receive a patch to remove the female NPC genitalia, but dongs will still be around.

Watch Dogs 2 Will Patch Out 'Particularly Explicit' Genitalia

The Watch Dongs 2 name lives on!
So when I first read about all of this a few days ago, I had two thoughts:

1) Yeah, it's weird that they put content in a game that they don't want someone to see. Presumably producing models of clothing that is in turn layered over a "nude" model is a labor-intensive process that, while favoring realism in the sense that real people really layer clothing over their naked bodies, seems to be a really serious waste of both programming/artist effort as well as system resources.

2) Who really gives a crap about a 1-week suspension from PSN? Sure you can say Sony overreacted, but, whatever, go play a single-player game for a week or read a book or something.

I think that it was all about publicity.  Now the Watch Dong 2 title hits.... more people will want to buy the "unpatched" version.  Like Hot Coffee.  Except Watch Dogs is only an EHHHHH game.

So when I first read about all of this a few days ago, I had two thoughts:

1) Yeah, it's weird that they put content in a game that they don't want someone to see. Presumably producing models of clothing that is in turn layered over a "nude" model is a labor-intensive process that, while favoring realism in the sense that real people really layer clothing over their naked bodies, seems to be a really serious waste of both programming/artist effort as well as system resources.

2) Who really gives a crap about a 1-week suspension from PSN? Sure you can say Sony overreacted, but, whatever, go play a single-player game for a week or read a book or something.
They actually increased the guy's ban by a month. Presumably because of him posting about it.

EDIT: Nevermind, according to the latest update from the OP his ban was lifted today.

This is the break Microsoft has been waiting for.  Much like the Bethesda modding thing, MS needs to step up and say "We're the console that'll let you share all the crudely rendered goblin-vaginas you can find in Watch Dogs".

Also, "deal" alert, Gamestop has a Blue Yeti Microphone (blackout edition) with Watch Dongs 2 for $139.99.  

Not really a deal though considering the Blue Yeti will be a BF deal for $89.99.  

So I haven't been keeping up on this (and tend to skip all of MrDs hardware rambling posts) so I don't know if these are decent prices but newegg has a bunch of rx 480 8gb graphic cards in the $215-$235 range and they come with a copy of civ 6. Fairly enticing since a year or year in a half ago I bought a gpu for nearly that price but half the ram.

Du I buy Skyram Unlimited MMO now that it's dipped below 10 dolla on Steem?  Or do I wait until it is free?  Decisions, decisions....

Also, the human head weighs 8lbs and 1 minute to Wapner!!!

Anyone posted about this yet?

http://www.gamepump.com/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/5d7qgo/gamepump_subscription_service_offering_classic/

It's similar to Humble monthly, but for 1 game per month. The dude in charge of it is (or was) the VP of Humble Bundle. Each game will be 100% new to steam, and supposedly they're either console exclusives or spiritual successors to those console exclusives.

Seems like an interesting concept, and has potential, but if its a bunch of shitty retro pixel platformers I think I'll pass.
Really interesting idea. Thinking about trying out the $20 sub. It could be a worst Poopees but if they could somehow work with Japanese devs and publishers on this I could see value in Gamepump.

I'm thinking of Konami (dreaming big here!!) and getting Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 2 which have badly ported PC versions and getting them on Steam and optimized for modern day PCs.

If one of the games turn out to be either one or both of those, it would be worth it for me. Very optimistic but not impossible since PC version do exist but its Konami :cry:

I got 70; $30 each.

$25 for regulars.
[customspoiler=Who else but Waggles]
hqdefault.jpg
[/customspoiler] :p

Strictly as a matter of principle, I regret not getting in on a glitch like that. In reality though, I'd probably never have played it. I've never touched the first Watch Dogs (not to mention several other AAA titles that I actually want to play). So I aint gonna lose any sleep over missing that glitch.

Congrats to those who got in on it though.

Sorry guys, I probably killed it.  Ordered a ton.  Will see how many actually go through or if they pull a Tomb Raider/Dirty Rally and cancel all orders of more then a certain amount.  If they all go through I'll try to set a few aside for CAGs but most will be sold at a higher price on Steam Trades.  

Sorry guys, I probably killed it. Ordered a ton. Will see how many actually go through or if they pull a Tomb Raider/Dirty Rally and cancel all orders of more then a certain amount. If they all go through I'll try to set a few aside for CAGs but most will be sold at a higher price on Steam Trades.
I like your honesty

bread's done
Back