Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Okay, so semi-gaming deal, Lootcrate Vault has all their old shirts on sale for $7 each here:

https://vault.lootcrate.com/collections/t-shirts

But if you sign up for their Loot Beans reward program (a pop up should jump out on the bottom left) you get 300 beans worth $3 and if you like them on FB you get another 100 beans.  Also use code SAVE15 or SAVE15P to get an extra 15% off.  I was able to get the Fallout shirt for $3.40 shipped (could be $2.40 if I had done the like thing).  They have a Far Cry Primal Shirt, Warcraftshirt (I think), and a few other shirts.  

If you want to help a Fox out, sign up for the Beans program through my referral link and get the same 300 Beans, but I get 400 Beans for the referral (yeah not very fair to the new people, but oh well). PM if you want the referral link since I don't think I'm supposed to post them here in the general forum.  

I also got the Deadpool Tacos shirt and my Beans glitched out so that I was able to use the 300 beans twice as long as I made two orders very quickly, but YMMV.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Are any of the bros done overwatch, or planning to pick it up? Im loathe to drop $35, its a blizzard game they barely ever discount their stuff.

Its $28 with a best buy gamers club discount but I doubt any of us gabenphytes would have much use for GCU.
I own it since launch, I'll be willing to play it if everyone else is playing it

Okay, so semi-gaming deal, Lootcrate Vault has all their old shirts on sale for $7 each here:

https://vault.lootcrate.com/collections/t-shirts

But if you sign up for their Loot Beans reward program (a pop up should jump out on the bottom left) you get 300 beans worth $3 and if you like them on FB you get another 100 beans. Also use code SAVE15 or SAVE15P to get an extra 15% off. I was able to get the Fallout shirt for $3.40 shipped (could be $2.40 if I had done the like thing). They have a Far Cry Primal Shirt, Warcraftshirt (I think), and a few other shirts.

If you want to help a Fox out, sign up for the Beans program through my referral link and get the same 300 Beans, but I get 400 Beans for the referral (yeah not very fair to the new people, but oh well). PM if you want the referral link since I don't think I'm supposed to post them here in the general forum.

I also got the Deadpool Tacos shirt and my Beans glitched out so that I was able to use the 300 beans twice as long as I made two orders very quickly, but YMMV.
Send me your ref and I'll see if there are any cool shirts.

Looks like they may have done something to fix the card drop glitch. It used to be I would be able to get dozens of drops very quickly with the change game method in Idle Master. Now, there's a definite delay there unless its just a temporary problem. Im still able to get them going, but I'm lucky to get 1 a minute rather  than every 5-10 seconds. Its also very finicky, cause if you press it too quickly Idle Master will stop connecting and you have to restart it and Steam client to get it going again.

Looks like they may have done something to fix the card drop glitch. It used to be I would be able to get dozens of drops very quickly with the change game method in Idle Master. Now, there's a definite delay there unless its just a temporary problem. Im still able to get them going, but I'm lucky to get 1 a minute rather than every 5-10 seconds. Its also very finicky, cause if you press it too quickly Idle Master will stop connecting and you have to restart it and Steam client to get it going again.
just tried it out and got about 15 cards in a couple of clicks. Seems to be working fine for me. It never worked for me if the game had not already been idled for two hours. maybe thats the issue you are having?

Edit - taking about 4 seconds to drop between clicks for me

just tried it out and got about 15 cards in a couple of clicks. Seems to be working fine for me. It never worked for me if the game had not already been idled for two hours. maybe thats the issue you are having?

Edit - taking about 4 seconds to drop between clicks for me
Yea must be my end then, and yes I know of the 2 hour deal. Ive typically been able to get it going like you once everything has gotten 2 hours.

Looks like they may have done something to fix the card drop glitch. It used to be I would be able to get dozens of drops very quickly with the change game method in Idle Master. Now, there's a definite delay there unless its just a temporary problem. Im still able to get them going, but I'm lucky to get 1 a minute rather than every 5-10 seconds. Its also very finicky, cause if you press it too quickly Idle Master will stop connecting and you have to restart it and Steam client to get it going again.
It's just finicky. The other night it wasn't working at all for me. So then I switched to idle all for 2 hours first and it dropped some, but not a lot. Next day I tried it and was able to get like 100+ in a few minutes. I don't really know the rhyme or reason but, my advice is if it doesn't start dropping quickly after your first 2-3 run throughs just let it be for a while and come back later to retry.

Are any of the bros done overwatch, or planning to pick it up? Im loathe to drop $35, its a blizzard game they barely ever discount their stuff.

Its $28 with a best buy gamers club discount but I doubt any of us gabenphytes would have much use for GCU.
big interest here, looks like my $35 is safe

A real Mexican would do as little work as possible to get free beans.

Poser.
No, a real Mexican would come to this country illegally and rape and murder the beans so the beans' family could then be used as anti-immigrant/xenophobic/white nationalist propaganda on a national stage.

12 hours of silence... Are we only posting deals now ?  I need to be entertained by endless bickering,card idling woes, and how mexicans who rape beans shouldn't be deported. What am I supposed to do pay attention to my kids over the weekend?

12 hours of silence... Are we only posting deals now ? I need to be entertained by endless bickering,card idling woes, and how mexicans who rape beans shouldn't be deported. What am I supposed to do pay attention to my kids over the weekend?
Its very weird... I always feel I should turn over to the news and see what sort of apocalypse has befallen the earth without my realization but "ignorance is bliss" always wins out...

In other news... I figured out, or well, had it happen were the Xbox app (windows 10) is taking screen shots of my steam games... I feel I should be taken screen shots of ultra settings and uploading them to Xbox Live to troll the console peasants. (maybe even some 60s FPS videos too.)

Also, I've gotten sort of bored and thought I would hook my old monitor so I can do the two screen things... but I get horrible looking picture on my old monitor when doing this. I've tried both HDMI and DVI with the same results. (There was nothing wrong with the monitor, I just upgraded to a far nicer one, but I wonder if its fallen apart from disuse.)

Ok, since we are in a dry spell which generally trends on the weekend; I am being indecisive about buy / upgrading a new computer.  My desktop has an AMD Phenom II X6 1075T processor and a GTX 460.  I cannot play really anything new, but have several games backlogged for a new rig.  If I do not upgrade my monitor, then I really should just buy an i5 or i7 and a 1060 GTX 6GB card.  Part of me wants to see what AMD really has with VEGA and see if it can rival the 1080 or at the very least help drive prices down some.  My current monitor supports 1080p so the 1060 is fine.  I would not mind upgrading to 1440 or 4k but more money for a monitor or 4k tv.  Another little indecisiveness is I am actually considering prebuilt if I can find a reliable company.  I know that you can build if you watch for sales and pick a part here or there, but I did that before amassing the parts for my current rig years ago and it took several months.  I really just want to get it together and done.

Any thoughts?  Is Vega going to be worth the wait?  Any good prebuilt companies?  Thanks for the consideration.

Ok, since we are in a dry spell which generally trends on the weekend; I am being indecisive about buy / upgrading a new computer. My desktop has an AMD Phenom II X6 1075T processor and a GTX 460. I cannot play really anything new, but have several games backlogged for a new rig. If I do not upgrade my monitor, then I really should just buy an i5 or i7 and a 1060 GTX 6GB card. Part of me wants to see what AMD really has with VEGA and see if it can rival the 1080 or at the very least help drive prices down some. My current monitor supports 1080p so the 1060 is fine. I would not mind upgrading to 1440 or 4k but more money for a monitor or 4k tv. Another little indecisiveness is I am actually considering prebuilt if I can find a reliable company. I know that you can build if you watch for sales and pick a part here or there, but I did that before amassing the parts for my current rig years ago and it took several months. I really just want to get it together and done.

Any thoughts? Is Vega going to be worth the wait? Any good prebuilt companies? Thanks for the consideration.
With Black friday/Cyber Monday coming up I would definitely shop parts first. You should be able to pull off a nice rig within a few weeks. Pre-builts for the most part that Ive noticed, are stupidly over priced. But with the holidays coming up who knows you might be able to land one at a nice price.

Any thoughts? Is Vega going to be worth the wait? Any good prebuilt companies? Thanks for the consideration.
Disclaimer: I don't know shit.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way, I do have something to share on this topic. I currently have a prebuilt HP Envy, which I don't think are the ideal prebuilts since they are not easy (maybe impossible?) to upgrade/swap parts. That said, every now and again HP has a really great deal that basically allows you to get a hell of a rig for less than what it would cost to build. I bought one last spring and this is essentially how I got into PC gaming. Here's a link to the neoGAF thread that talks a lot about these builds: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1198580. I ended up getting a 980ti, i7-6700k, 16GB of some sort of RAM, a nice SSD, and blah blah blah for about $1400. So far the PC has worked great. And it;'s the whole reason I'm here bothering you guys, so you can thank HP for that!

So if this deal comes back (I'm assuming they'd replace the 980ti with a 1000 series GPU), I can recommend going for it if you care more about value as opposed to being able to customize later on. That said, unless I get inspired and decide to build from scratch, I'm planning on picking up a SkyTech prebuilt once the Vega GPUs are put in the wild.

I doubt it did, but I hope that helps!

Edit: Oh, and I grabbed one of the Dell 1440p monitors with G-sync. As I say every time I go to Taco Bell: "I'm lovin' it!"

The bros played Dead by Daylight for 5-6 hours last night, and we'll likely play more today. If you're interested in playing with us hit me up on steam. This weekend you get double bloodpoints so it's a good time to do the survive with friends mode.

Ok, since we are in a dry spell which generally trends on the weekend; I am being indecisive about buy / upgrading a new computer. My desktop has an AMD Phenom II X6 1075T processor and a GTX 460. I cannot play really anything new, but have several games backlogged for a new rig. If I do not upgrade my monitor, then I really should just buy an i5 or i7 and a 1060 GTX 6GB card. Part of me wants to see what AMD really has with VEGA and see if it can rival the 1080 or at the very least help drive prices down some. My current monitor supports 1080p so the 1060 is fine. I would not mind upgrading to 1440 or 4k but more money for a monitor or 4k tv. Another little indecisiveness is I am actually considering prebuilt if I can find a reliable company. I know that you can build if you watch for sales and pick a part here or there, but I did that before amassing the parts for my current rig years ago and it took several months. I really just want to get it together and done.

Do you have a Microcenter nearby? They've lately had some killer deals on pre-builds. They've been so damn good, that it's possible I won't even just build my next PC; I might just go there + pick one out.

Some of their PowerSpecs (i.e. the G220 and above) look quite nice + quite upgradeable for the $$:

http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/powerspec.aspx

About monitors, I've been wanting to go 1440p. 1080p60FPS doesn't often break a sweat on my 970, for most games. This is no challenge. I want to move up a bit.

I've been eyeballing a Samsung 28'' 4K TN-panel that's going to be $250 at Best Buy on Black Friday:

BF Ad - http://blackfriday.bestbuy.com/?category=computers+amp+tablets3

28'' Samsung monitor U28E590D page - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-ud590-series-28-led-4k-uhd-monitor-black/5484022.p?skuId=5484022

If I go this route, I'll use 4K for the desktop space/real estate; and run at other resolutions if need be depending on performance (1080p, 1200p, 1440p, 4K if I can on older games, whatever).

About HDTV's - saw this deal recently on a Samsung 40'' 4K HDTV for $289:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-40-class-40-diag--led-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-dark-titan/5622308.p?skuId=5622308&productCategoryId=pcmcat333800050003

I wish it had more inches. I have a 48'' inch 1080p Samsung Smart HDTV...and I don't want to go much lower on any inches here. If that HDTV was at least 45'', I might think twice on this deal.

Can I recommend you get a gaming laptop instead?  It'd be like getting a prebuilt, new system, and new monitor all in one.  

Also, brolert:

Best Buy will be having a 29'' Ultrawide LG for $179.99 this Black Friday.  I full expect everyone to buy one or you are racist.  

Also, brolert:

Best Buy will be having a 29'' Ultrawide LG for $179.99 this Black Friday.
GIF.gif

Also for those wanting to fakey overwatch, the same deal is live on blizzards own site. So 35$ for origins edition, and the standard edition isnt discounted at all

For those interested; also on Blizzard's site, you can buy Nova Covert Ops for $15 which includes all 3 mission bundles.  Mission bundle 3 is set to be released next month.  

I actually figured you folks would be the best to ask but any recommendations on 4k gaming monitor?

Both budget and "oh damn baller" would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you everyone for the advice/input.  

I wish I was near a MicroCenter  - none in my state as they seem to have great deals for building or even prebuilts.

I had considered buying a laptop, but the ones that I have bought for the family for non-gaming use do not last as long durability wise as a desktop.  

Monitors is a funny discussion as I was even looking at a 34" Ultrawide at Costco the other day.  Has anyone encounter problems with older games with the ultrawides as I understand that s lot of newer titles support ultrawide?

The good news is that we have lots of options.  I really wish the GSync monitors did not have such a mark up.  

USPS has offered street addressing, for UPS and FedEx deliveries, for PO Box for a few years.
https://ribbs.usps.gov/mtcsa/documents/tech_guides/PBSACustomerAgreement.pdf
Unfortunately that's basically YMMV BS. I tried that with a PO Box in Seattle. They assured me they did the street address delivery. Tried to have a package of sensitive documents delivered and dumb UPS delivered to an office in the building above. Thankfully they held the package for me. Complained to the postmaster and it was basically sorry for the confusion, but we really don't do that.

Now I just have a UPS mailbox. Much easier and not much more expensive than a USPS PO Box.

FYI, Mirror's Edge Catalyst retail has hit the clearance bins in Walmart for $5. Obviously Walmart is a crapshoot always, so YMMV. I checked my nearest one when we went grocery shopping earlier today (Northern NJ) and there were none or Id have bought multiples to trade/give away. 

That said, even if you aren't able to get it, it's now in Origin Access' Vault, so you can pay the same amount for 30 days and beat it in that time frame. 

FYI, Mirror's Edge Catalyst retail has hit the clearance bins in Walmart for $5. Obviously Walmart is a crapshoot always, so YMMV. I checked my nearest one when we went grocery shopping earlier today (Northern NJ) and there were none or Id have bought multiples to trade/give away.

That said, even if you aren't able to get it, it's now in Origin Access' Vault, so you can pay the same amount for 30 days and beat it in that time frame.
Does anyone have the thing to check the thing on the the thing online that shows you whether your store has it in stock and at what price?

Edit:

Found said thing here:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=46159802

Yeah, only place I checked that had that good price was my hometown, Fort Worth, TX - saw multiple stores with $5, some as low as $4 and $2!
those prices would be amazing. A lot of copies near me but all full price.

If my stores decide to dump them for that bargain bin price(very unlikely). I'll be sure to grab a few extras for those who want them around here.

Of course, none of my local Walmart's via Brickseek have cheap-ass Mirror's Edge: Catalyst PC.

All seem to be in the $40 range.

Meh.

:(

For $5, I'd be all over that for sure.

Random:Are the Bros in this thread doing one of them there Bro nights this weekend. I here you talk about them occasionally in here.

I don't have the game libraries of many here but I can grab the games if they are cheap enough. I only do weekends though. I find myself leaning back toward consoles from bordom on pc. Need to spice things up a bit.

Random:Are the Bros in this thread doing one of them there Bro nights this weekend. I here you talk about them occasionally in here.

I don't have the game libraries of many here but I can grab the games if they are cheap enough. I only do weekends though. I find myself leaning back toward consoles from bordom on pc. Need to spice things up a bit.
the first rule of Bro club is you always talk about bro club on the steam cag thread. The second rule of bro club, spoder hax.

the main events are tue/we/thur at 7 pst. Sometimes friday and saturday but those are usually impromptu. Look at the sig of Iamthecheapestfox for info on the steam group, join it and you can see the schedule and/or steam friend the regulars

the first rule of Bro club is you always talk about bro club on the steam cag thread. The second rule of bro club, spoder hax.

the main events are tue/we/thur at 7 pst. Sometimes friday and saturday but those are usually impromptu. Look at the sig of Iamthecheapestfox for info on the steam group, join it and you can see the schedule and/or steam friend the regulars
You're the killer next time.

Unfortunately that's basically YMMV BS. I tried that with a PO Box in Seattle. They assured me they did the street address delivery. Tried to have a package of sensitive documents delivered and dumb UPS delivered to an office in the building above. Thankfully they held the package for me. Complained to the postmaster and it was basically sorry for the confusion, but we really don't do that.

Now I just have a UPS mailbox. Much easier and not much more expensive than a USPS PO Box.
I never did sign up for it, just remembered getting the paper in my box a few years ago.

Your problem almost sounds like an issue with UPS, unless they tried to take the package to the PO but they refused it, I've read that some POs won't sign for stuff. Still, kinda weird the the UPS guy just took it to the office above. Of course the last time UPS delivered something to me, they just decided I didn't live where I live, without even attempting delivery, and that they'd take it 20 mins away to an address I lived at 5 years ago. So UPS can do some stupid things sometimes.

I don't have any other option for a box though. No UPS store in my town and I doubt the UPS store the next town over would offer after hours box access, if they even have boxes.

bread's done
Back