Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Return of the GTX 1070 story!
25QNEvw.jpg

I bought an another GTX 1070 as an early Christmas gift to myself only to find out.
WAIT FOR IT

snip
Ill just give you my recommendations that I used for my latest build, and a few friends used them as well for theirs.

Case:

fractal design r5 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352048&cm_re=fractal_design_r5-_-11-352-048-_-Product

you dont get much quieter than that case, but i much prefer function over form. It has sound padding all around the case and any ports for fans you arent using you can seal up. I think it looks fine with the sleek black box look, but if you want something flashier than an nzxt is usually a safe bet

Cooler:

cryrorig h7 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF2DZ6565&cm_re=cryorig-_-13C-000U-00005-_-Product

I used an evo212 in my last build, and it was good, but the cryorig beats it on all fronts, its basically become the new king of air coolers. Same price, better performance, smaller form factor so it doesnt need as much height or width

mobo I went with a gigabyte z170 gaming5. I went back and forth between a couple but it had the right selection of ports I wanted and at the time asus' QA on their mobos seems to be lacking from what it used to be. Ive always had good luck with gigabyte so I went with that, but the asus is probably fine in general. Id say some downsides to it are its port selection. I doubt you are going to be using the onboard video so having a dvi is a waste of space on there that could be better served with more usb ports. Of course if you dont need that many or are fine with what it has plus front panel then it should be fine. Its just that for not that much more, like 20-40$, you could get better all around features like a 2nd nic, more usb, shielded usb for DACs, better onboard sound. All sorts of little things that can add up. And thats not just the gigabyte board, once you move in to the ~150$ range of mobos you start getting alot more features/quality on all brands

One other thing you need to check is the PSU that came with that alienware. Just make sure its high enough power and also not some crazy proprietary form factor, I just dont know what alienware uses

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to Yahoo Mail, even if you changed the password in the past, you'll want to again. Not sure if yahoo mail asked for an old password when you do the forget password, but something to consider (could be gmail, I changed so many recently, it is hard to keep up with).

Ill just give you my recommendations that I used for my latest build, and a few friends used them as well for theirs.

Case:

fractal design r5 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352048&cm_re=fractal_design_r5-_-11-352-048-_-Product

you dont get much quieter than that case, but i much prefer function over form. It has sound padding all around the case and any ports for fans you arent using you can seal up. I think it looks fine with the sleek black box look, but if you want something flashier than an nzxt is usually a safe bet

Cooler:

cryrorig h7 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF2DZ6565&cm_re=cryorig-_-13C-000U-00005-_-Product
I'm going with the cheaper motherboard for now since I got a early Christmas gift from my uncle that allowed me to afford it.
Far as the rest, I'm going go with the case and cryrorig h7.

Unfortunately most of the items have to be within the price of the item I have listed previous.

I do have a old power supply from my sister's old pc that I'm hoping would work.

Not the best idea to use a old power supply but it would do for now.

Did they ever stop the forced-streaming for the TV-style episodes of Quantum Break? Would be nice if they ever allowed for those to be actually downloaded in full.
On Xbox One there is a 75GB download for the videos. I ended up downloading the pack, as the streaming videos stuttered too much.

tO5oUPH.png

Ready for sale!

Did they ever stop the forced-streaming for the TV-style episodes of Quantum Break? Would be nice if they ever allowed for those to be actually downloaded in full.
Nope. But someone modded those in pirated version. (180GB download!!)

They said code is there to load those files too, if you're able to extract xbox files or acquire parts & encode to bink2 format. (free tools only support bink1). Mod just basically proxies connection and loads files from HDD instead of actually connection to the server.

Yea, the media is blowing the hack out of proportion though.  Yes, people were affected, but to my knowledge Yahoo forced all users to change their passwords after the last one was announced.  

What makes me pissy is the security question one because it's not like I can dictate my OWN security question (so I can randomize it).

And I use Yahoo, and Gmail, and Hotmail.  But I use them for different things (helps filter spam that way).  It's too much of a PITA to change them regularly or having to go through all the associated accounts that may have been activated under each email.  My password roledex is retardedly big anymore because I'm regularly changing passwords and keeping separate ones for every site.

It's people like this, that you should worry about: https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Password-and-sign-in/YAHOO-FORCED-ME-TO-CHANGE-MY-PASSWORD/td-p/24075

Who is using yahoo email now?

It's like owning an aol account
<raises hand>

fair enough. yahoo is sending out emails. media is reporting 1 billion accounts. yes, everyone should have already changed passwords, but today's news is that more accounts could have been compromised. like I stated just a PSA. sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way.
Nice PSA, but I guess his point was the same thought I had last night--it's really great that Yahoo! is divulging these security breaches in real time.

Return of the GTX 1070 story!

I couldn't fit it into my Alienware x51 R3 case again, this card is smaller in size compared to the founders so I thought it would work.

I started making marks on the card itself by trying to force it in.

So now I'm force to get an another motherboard with Dell's proprietary motherboard not working in any other case cause of the funky design of it.

TL;DR:

I'm looking for a new case,motherboard,cpu cooler and transferring my parts over.
Unhelpful comment of the day:

TL;DR: build your own system instead of getting a pre-built

Because Americans are still stupid enough to let themselves get screwed over by this.

I live in a goddamn third world country and we don't have datacaps.
Don't worry, we're making it great again. . . .

Case:

I'm a fan of Fractal cases. I have an XL R2 - similar to yours, but full tower. I think they are really slick looking and have pretty good layouts and airflow. Three thinks I wish I my case had: A side panel with a window, a HDD activity light, and a speaker. Do you have the HDD light and speaker in your case? I know you can get a side panel with a window on yours, but the speaker and hdd light are odd omissions.

I'm a fan of Fractal cases. I have an XL R2 - similar to yours, but full tower. I think they are really slick looking and have pretty good layouts and airflow. Three thinks I wish I my case had: A side panel with a window, a HDD activity light, and a speaker. Do you have the HDD light and speaker in your case? I know you can get a side panel with a window on yours, but the speaker and hdd light are odd omissions.
No speaker (i dont think Ive seen a case with a speaker in years since most mobos can at least beep on their own), but it does have an hdd light. That little cutout right in front of the big power button on the top is a blue LED that stays on for power but it will flicker for hdd activity

No speaker (i dont think Ive seen a case with a speaker in years since most mobos can at least beep on their own), but it does have an hdd light. That little cutout right in front of the big power button on the top is a blue LED that stays on for power but it will flicker for hdd activity
Perhaps I don't have it hooked up properly, but mine is blue for power. Does not flicker with activity.

Unhelpful comment of the day:

TL;DR: build your own system instead of getting a pre-built
Would had if I didn't already receive the Alienware x51 r3 for free as a gift which was explained in a earlier post.

why u no liek and subcribze 2 all my CAG blog post?

Unrelated, I went ahead and order all the parts last night, I'm just waiting for it to come in now.

I'm hoping I can sell the x51 r3 case and motherboard to make some money back.

Perhaps I don't have it hooked up properly, but mine is blue for power. Does not flicker with activity.
Lookin at the xlr2 manual:

Power/HDD LED activity Define XL R2 features an LED on the front panel that, when lit, indicates the computer is receiving power. By changing its connection on the motherboard, the LED can be used to indicate HDD activity. In either case, connecting the LED to the motherboard is optional; computer functionality is not dependent on its connection.

So just gotta check that those led connections are correct on the mobo and maybe swap your power/hdd one. Just checked the manual for the r5 and it does have separate wires for power/power+-/HDD. So the R5 does treat it differently

Lookin at the xlr2 manual:

Power/HDD LED activity Define XL R2 features an LED on the front panel that, when lit, indicates the computer is receiving power. By changing its connection on the motherboard, the LED can be used to indicate HDD activity. In either case, connecting the LED to the motherboard is optional; computer functionality is not dependent on its connection.

So just gotta check that those led connections are correct on the mobo and maybe swap your power/hdd one. Just checked the manual for the r5 and it does have separate wires for power/power+-/HDD. So the R5 does treat it differently
So it's either/OR on mine. Annoying. Thanks for checking though! I'f I'm feeling ambitious with nothing to do over the holidays, I might play games on my backlog. But if that gets old, I may swap that wire.

Mine would be $16 for completion.  Wieler and Bah's moms bring me to completion for free so no go there.  Plus I have a lot on GOG that I bought back when they stood for something and unfortunately the GOG connect doesn't work both ways.  Bah and Weiler's moms work both ways so yet another knock against paying for this.  

What the heck? It's ~$10US for me (I bought BTA of that Humble bundle and already owned Geometry Wars 3.) :whistle2:(
The only games that weren't in the bundle were Betrayal Collection, Pharaoh + Cleopatra, Return to Krondor, Police Quest SWAT, and Zeus + Poseidon. Are you missing anything else? Space Quest, King's Quest Collection and TimeShift are the most expensive games in there, any one of those would drive up the price.

As a long-time Sierra fan, I can confirm that the bundle they have on sale is legit, with most of the titles that you would want from such a collection. $20 -ish is the correct price as well. That's a lot of classic gaming for a very reasonable price.

Finally on team Mechanical Keyboard. Got a good deal on a Rosewill with Cherry MX blues, so figured Id jump in with that. It just arrived. Its really heavy, and loud, but I can get used to the loud. Pretty impressively built.

Finally on team Mechanical Keyboard. Got a good deal on a Rosewill with Cherry MX blues, so figured Id jump in with that. It just arrived. Its really heavy, and loud, but I can get used to the loud. Pretty impressively built.
Your Mom's cherry give us all the blues. She is heavy and loud too.

So now we can blame you for hearing typing sounds in discord instead of fox?

bread's done
Back