Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Local BBY misprice and the Zotac is from the Amazon "deal" (1080 description but was a 1070, Amazon either sent a 1080 for the 1070 price or gave a $50 GC as an apology) I posted the other day.

Guess I could have explained sooner -.-
If you don't mind me asking - what was the BBY misprice?

EDIT:

On a tangent note w/ a jump-off into some other tangent - I also think it's awesome how some communities like CAG here + Reddit do help each other out around here; with getting games, deals, parts, or whatever.

Here's a story PCG picked-up on a PC Gamer running Overwatch on a potato and then Reddit's OW Community rallies around him + a bunch are giving him some of their "laying around" worthwhile equipment:

http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-community-donates-pc-parts-to-fan-who-could-barely-run-it-at-800x600/

Last edited by a moderator:
Titanfall 1 PC is 49 48 cents at GameStop, if you can find a nearby GameStop that has one:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/titanfall/110172

Might be worth checking that place, too.

None around here, though.
There seem to be copies at one of the GS stores two towns over, but the site doesn't tell me which one because it got screwed up once they started using Bing for displaying results. :(

I'm NOT sure if I'll be able to get those copies of PoE, so no promises. If they're still around on Wednesday morning when I go do my weekly flea market hunts, I may grab them. But again, NO PROMISES.

GameRant - Mass Effect: Andromeda lacks a quick-save feature currently.

- ME:A does NOT have Quick-save feature (unlike previous ME games).
- ME:A won't have Quick-Save feature added in a Day One Patch.
- ME:A might later add a Quick-save feature in a patch.
Thankful I cancelled mine before it shipped. I'm starting to think the theory BW is trying to sink the franchise so they can get past it is true. It's literally has fewer feature than the last one, and worst animations than the 10 year old original. To quote TheKnow "that's not how games are supposed to work".

There seem to be copies at one of the GS stores two towns over, but the site doesn't tell me which one because it got screwed up once they started using Bing for displaying results. :(

I'm NOT sure if I'll be able to get those copies of PoE, so no promises. If they're still around on Wednesday morning when I go do my weekly flea market hunts, I may grab them. But again, NO PROMISES.
If you can get PoE i'll take one. If not you can shove it no worries

Titanfall 1 PC is 49 48 cents at GameStop, if you can find a nearby GameStop that has one:

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/titanfall/110172

Might be worth checking that place, too.

None around here, though.
Not anywhere close to me, though now I have all the DLC. This just like how I had all of BF4 DLC for a year before I just bought the base game like last week. If anyone happens to be at a GS and see one I will pay you $1 for the key.

I already have TFall 1 - got it FREE from winning a contest on release day.

Already have PoE, as well - someone on CAG already got that for me recently, which was awesome of them.

I think it's pretty awesome of you to be offering to grab what you can find for other CAG's.

Gotta <3 this damn CAG Community.

I already have TFall 1 - got it FREE from winning a contest on release day.
Already have PoE, as well - someone on CAG already got that for me recently, which was awesome of them.

I think it's pretty awesome of you to be offering to grab what you can find for other CAG's.
Gotta <3 this damn CAG Community.
Sometimes. I remember getting blasted in a thread for parting out a borderlands 2 Ultimate loot chest edition I was able to get, and offered to sell AT cost to a CAG, because I took away "someone" else's chance to get it. (The first two people only wanted certain items).

EDIT:

On a tangent note w/ a jump-off into some other tangent - I also think it's awesome how some communities like CAG here + Reddit do help each other out around here; with getting games, deals, parts, or whatever.

Here's a story PCG picked-up on a PC Gamer running Overwatch on a potato and then Reddit's OW Community rallies around him + a bunch are giving him some of their "laying around" worthwhile equipment:

http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-community-donates-pc-parts-to-fan-who-could-barely-run-it-at-800x600/
Manufacturing label error from Nvidia on my BBY's cards

Sometimes. I remember getting blasted in a thread for parting out a borderlands 2 Ultimate loot chest edition I was able to get, and offered to sell AT cost to a CAG, because I took away "someone" else's chance to get it. (The first two people only wanted certain items).
What did they want? The Steam keys, I'd guess?

Or did you ship them the loot-case?

I dunno about you - but, I bet that loot chest container looks pretty nice. One could probably put some Borderlands retail box copies (if they had one) + other GearBox games in there or something. [shrug]

What did they want? The Steam keys, I'd guess?
Or did you ship them the loot-case?

I dunno about you - but, I bet that loot chest container looks pretty nice. One could probably put some Borderlands retail box copies (if they had one) + other GearBox games in there or something. [shrug]
It was painted ok I guess, but overall felt kinda cheap, there was a button latch, but you could open it without using it because the plastic flexed. If I remember, One guy wanted the map, bobble head and cards, another wanted only the steelbook. I ended up just keeping the loot chest for myself, but ended up selling it a year or so ago.

After playing the ME:A trial I've decided $20 is my price point... for a GOTY edition with all DLC included. So I guess I'll be playing it two years from now. By then maybe they'll have fixed the animations and lack of quicksave, even.

After playing the ME:A trial I've decided $20 is my price point... for a GOTY edition with all DLC included. So I guess I'll be playing it two years from now. By then maybe they'll have fixed the animations and lack of quicksave, even.
Two years?? You might need MrD levels of patience and pick it up in 10 years if you want the dlc. Fairly sure ME3 dlc still hasn't been on sale.

Good luck with GOTY.. Bioware point is where it is at :whistle2:

Yeah, they DONT do GOTYs/complete editions of MEs. If they did, the 10th anniversary(now)or getting fanfare to build up for the release of the new one were perfect opportunities.

Two years?? You might need MrD levels of patience and pick it up in 10 years if you want the dlc. Fairly sure ME3 dlc still hasn't been on sale.
Good luck with GOTY.. Bioware point is where it is at :whistle2:
You're right. Here I am assuming that Dragon Age:Inquisition rules will apply when Mass Effect is and always has been an entirely different beast, even though both are BiowEAr.

You're right. Here I am assuming that Dragon Age:Inquisition rules will apply when Mass Effect is and always has been an entirely different beast, even though both are BiowEAr.
Dragon Age 2 never got all their DLC's repackaged into DA2: GOTY Edition w/ everything either. So, who the hell really knows w/ BioWare. [shrug]

EDIT:

Of course, I don't think DA2 ever really sold or was well received both critically and by gamers anywhere as well as DAO or DAI, either.

You're right. Here I am assuming that Dragon Age:Inquisition rules will apply when Mass Effect is and always has been an entirely different beast, even though both are Bioware.
BioWare is an odd duck. Fans usually don't get what they ask for. People didn't want planet scanning in 3. Ignored. People want GOTY of 2 and 3. Ignored. Ignored. People wanted complete trilogy set with DLC. Ignored. People wanted unsigned editions of ME2 lithographs. Ignored.

Not only that, this is the 10th anniversary.
We're halfway to ME3's 10th anniversary. If they don't release all the DLC either for free or bundled for cheap within the next 5 years THEN I'll give up all hope on it. Yes, that is how far I'm willing to bend over for Mass Effect. No, I do not love Andromeda. TAKE THAT AS YOU WILL.

Oh god you're not wrong. Why is this statement not wrong? What timeline is this?
Yeah, I remember buying all of it for half off on 360. I had the PC version but it was cheaper to buy the 360 version and DLC than just the DLC for PC. Ugh.

It's a shame too because a lot of the ME dlc is really, really good. Leviathan is pretty much essential, lore wise. I've wanted to replay the series on PC but not w/out the dlc...if they released the trilogy remastered with all dlc i'd be hard pressed not to pay the full 60 for it

Yeah, I remember buying all of it for half off on 360. I had the PC version but it was cheaper to buy the 360 version and DLC than just the DLC for PC. Ugh.
Gaiz, Gaiz dis de console peasant thread? Want to let you know ME2 and ME3 DLCs 50% off at xbox marketplace for da 360.

BOOM GOES THE 360 CANNON!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So my kids (4yr old boys) are almost done beating the awful Lego Batman(1, they okay one level per day). I got that lego bundle star $15 for the two marvel and three Batman games deal a while back, letting them pick between Batman 2 and Marvel superheroes. Their little minds where blown watching the trailers, they can't pick which one to play, superhero overload. $15 for what is going to end up being a half year of entertainment and puzzles for them, good hobby to share with my kids.

So late last night I ate two burritos from the local taqueria. I woke up in crippling pain, the type that made me pray as I sat weeping in the bathroom.

After about 1.5 hours, I felt brave enough to venture out and try going back to sleep. I was rewarded with various fever dreams, interspersed with a few more mundane-- including one where I haggled with MysterD to buy copies of ME:A. He wanted more money for his last 2 copies to buy Tremor coins, which he would exchange for World of Tanks currency (is that a thing?).

I'm debating fasting today to give my body some rest.

I thought they said that they were doing away with Bioware points with DA:I and future games would have traditional $$$ DLC.

But I don't care about Mass Effect so if they're keeping them for that, so be it.  Seems weird that they'd keep them for one franchise and not the other though.  There is, of course, an all inclusive DA:I version.

I thought they said that they were doing away with Bioware points with DA:I and future games would have traditional $$$ DLC.

But I don't care about Mass Effect so if they're keeping them for that, so be it. Seems weird that they'd keep them for one franchise and not the other though. There is, of course, an all inclusive DA:I version.
Are you saying you don't like mass effect?

gJryFdY.gif

EDIT:

I can attest to the generosity of CAGs as a lot of my current build is made up of parts donated from CAGs who felt pity for me fakeybroing games and then running them at 800x600. That and a lot of refurbished Hitachis. Sure, some may ask why not put the money you waste on fakeybroing towards your PC instead, but that would be an asshole thing to think and whoever thinks that is just killing the spirit of giving and generosity and deserves nothing.

Unfortunately, I've never returned the gratitude with a Play of the Game or even average gameplay. Usually the bros are yelling at me like "WTH are you doing Fox?" "I haven't seen Fox all game" and "I spawned on Fox and he's in the middle of nowhere doing nothing again." I'm sure some of them are even regretting their generosity now and wishing they'd helped out a better gamer. Well, it's too late for that, you guys are stuck with me.

But I don't care about Mass Effect so if they're keeping them for that, so be it. Seems weird that they'd keep them for one franchise and not the other though. There is, of course, an all inclusive DA:I version.
They might have traditional $$$ DLC, but their sale prices for them certainly ain't traditional. It's like BioWare still doesn't know what the hell DLC Discounting Prices can be and should be.

Never got into it. In fairness, I've never really been into the space opera genre -- watched and liked Star Trek/Star Wars but was never a giant fan -- and started ME after playing DA:O do I was probably expecting more of a "DA:O in space" game. Plus I hated the conversation wheel (and still disliked it through into DA:I). Played a little ME, thought maybe I'd like ME2 more if they fixed some of the janky controls, still didn't get into it and wrote the series off.

Deal alert:

Newegg has:

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon R9 Fury 100379NTOC+SR 4GB 4096-Bit HBM PCI Express 3.0 x16 TRI-X OC+ 

For $255 (and $235 after rebate).  If you are gaming at 1080p, this is probably the best card you can get in terms of performance/price with it outperforming both the 480 and the 1060 and you should be set for a few years.  The 4GB is a concern, but if you are gaming 1080p few games will surpass the 4GB requirement. 

The 4GB is a concern, but if you are gaming 1080p few games will surpass the 4GB requirement.
A big concern if you ask me... Even if you're only gaming at 1080P. We're just seeing too many cards with 6+ for me to think a card with 4GB is going to be future proof enough to warrant 250 bucks.

gJryFdY.gif
Still has better animations than Andromeda.

It's a shame too because a lot of the ME dlc is really, really good. Leviathan is pretty much essential, lore wise. I've wanted to replay the series on PC but not w/out the dlc...if they released the trilogy remastered with all dlc i'd be hard pressed not to pay the full 60 for it
Even my hate for the ending of ME3 was limits it seems... As I too would likely buy it all again too... just not at 60 bucks. (or anywhere that.)

Problem w/ the 48 cent deal is - how many GameStops are going to still have the game, given how insanely cheap that is?
Actually, one of the Gamestops in21 "my area" has at least one... I just don't understand how a 200+ mile drive is in my area. (Hutchinson, Kansas)

(Maybe they think I'm sort of console peasant who will travel anywhere for a profitable swap?)

Edit: That MLB the show stuff is creepy as fuck.

I don't know about him, but that's what I'm saying. I've only played DA:O and ME1, and whenever plot was happening I couldn't wait for the game to move back to gameplay, and whenever gameplay was happening I couldn't wait for the game to move back to plot. It was a weird succession of different kinds of boredom, and I couldn't stand the large majority of the characters.

Both games had good party banter, though.

A big concern if you ask me... Even if you're only gaming at 1080P. We're just seeing too many cards with 6+ for me to think a card with 4GB is going to be future proof enough to warrant 250 bucks.

Edit: That MLB the show stuff is creepy as fuck.
Based on what I read online, the memory on the Fury is just way faster than what you'll find on the 480 or 1060, so even though those might have more memory overall, you'll still get better performance on the Fury. So it really comes down to whether you want better performance on 95% of the games you play or you want to sacrifice performance for more memory on the few games that will make use of it. Future proofing isn't really something I'd take into account since I wouldn't count on anything in most price ranges lasting more than a few years. I mean we're getting $200 cards from this generation competing with what were $500 cards from 1-2 years ago.

The VRAM issue did make me notice one thing, Nvidia makes the 1050 in 4GB, but the 1060 in 3 and 6. Is there any reason they didn't go with the traditional 4 and 8?

Also, I feel like they could pay someone to come up with a creepy face and they couldn't come up with something as creepy as the one on the right in those Show glitches. I keep forcing myself to look at crap like that hoping to get over the chills and goosebumps they cause me, but it never works.

So my kids (4yr old boys) are almost done beating the awful Lego Batman(1, they okay one level per day). I got that lego bundle star $15 for the two marvel and three Batman games deal a while back, letting them pick between Batman 2 and Marvel superheroes. Their little minds where blown watching the trailers, they can't pick which one to play, superhero overload. $15 for what is going to end up being a half year of entertainment and puzzles for them, good hobby to share with my kids.
LEGO Marvel and LEGO Marvel Avengers are both far and away better than the early LEGO games like Batman. But as much as I love them, I have to space them out a bit since they're all so similar. Don't be discouraged if their LEGO enthusiasm wanes after they finish the first game -- they'll be back.

bread's done
Back