Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for everyone getting Destiny 2.

Hope you weren't looking forward to PVP.  Bungie stated they arent removing/changing Aim Assist from the beta, so ppl will be using Xpadder with KB/M to make their game think they are using a controller to get Aim Assist with their Keyboard & Mouse.

Hope you weren't looking forward to PVP. Bungie stated they arent removing/changing Aim Assist from the beta, so ppl will be using Xpadder with KB/M to make their game think they are using a controller to get Aim Assist with their Keyboard & Mouse.
Ummmm, is Destiny 2 PC $10 yet...?

I didn't get that either about neogaf. Why couldn't they manually approve within an hour/or a day? What were their Admins & Mods doing in that time for you to have to wait 7 days for? I heard years back it took about 6 months or a year just to get approved like wtfff???
I guess they were all getting sexually harassed.

Yeah, it's more like a rental.

I blame that always online DRM thing.

Especially if its online-plug ever gets pulled and it never gets an offline mode.
I don't think Destiny 2 is the type of game you rent either. I'm really not sure it's your kind of game at all, to be honest.

I don't think Destiny 2 is the type of game you rent either. I'm really not sure it's your kind of game at all, to be honest.
If the plug is pulled and the online-only don't get pulled, then your "purchase" basically became a "rental" - you know, always online DRM and all.

Still waiting for offline mode for Tabula Rasa, TSW/SWL, D3 PC. Yup, I'll probably have to wait forever.

Actually, I thought the Destiny 2 PC Beta was damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are times I would genuinely like to strangle you...
giphy.gif

Yeah, my desire to buy or play Battlefront II has somewhat tapered off. I like Star Wars but I wouldn't say I'm a Star Wars geek or extremist. Loot box progression is getting a little out of control and I've almost reached my fill with plenty of other games doing the same thing. I waited on Battlefront, so I can wait on Battlefront II.
I believe the bro consensus was it was a competent game, looked good, but noway a day 1 fakey puchase even for star wars fans. I believe $30 was the buy price on this game and honestly, i dont think we will have to wait beyond xmas to see that price on PC. Even that loon cheaplikeafox who hasnt seen star wars thought it was ok.

The weird card upgrade system that may or may not make Battlefront 2 P2W was enough to make me steer clear of it for a while.  Not like I have a lack of games to play.

I believe the bro consensus was it was a competent game, looked good, but noway a day 1 fakey puchase even for star wars fans. I believe $30 was the buy price on this game and honestly, i dont think we will have to wait beyond xmas to see that price on PC. Even that loon cheaplikeafox who hasnt seen star wars thought it was ok.
Yep.

As for the Star Cards nonsense, they did the same thing in the first game, but it was handled differently. I'm not touching BFII for a while. I want it for the campaign more than anything else. It may even be one I'd be content waiting longer for, depending on reception. Day one is basically a hell no unless its dirt cheap/glitched/etc.

Just finished Shadow of War. Not better than Shadow of Mordor but still fun. For me it was worth it at $33 or whatever gmg sold it for, but I think it's worth grabbing at $15 or less. Just a warning that last part is grindey as fuck ! If i wasn't using a trainer, I don't think i could have finished it. 

10000000 - D2LJ3-VGLH5-V7VT3

2064: Read Only Memories - 68N7V-WQ7DJ-FAGZG

7 Grand Steps - 26JBL-DAM54-60C4N

7th Guest + 11th Hour Pack - IEXW4-ZQIG8-NX84C

A Story About My Uncle - ZVKM3-WFV0E-D24X7

Just finished Shadow of War. Not better than Shadow of Mordor but still fun. For me it was worth it at $33 or whatever gmg sold it for, but I think it's worth grabbing at $15 or less. Just a warning that last part is grindey as fuck ! If i wasn't using a trainer, I don't think i could have finished it.

10000000 - D2LJ3-VGLH5-V7VT3

2064: Read Only Memories - 68N7V-WQ7DJ-FAGZG

7 Grand Steps - 26JBL-DAM54-60C4N

7th Guest + 11th Hour Pack - IEXW4-ZQIG8-NX84C

A Story About My Uncle - ZVKM3-WFV0E-D24X7
I think grindy as fuck is what they were hoping for... but you were suppose to buy loot boxes with real money and not use a trainer.

Hope you weren't looking forward to PVP. Bungie stated they arent removing/changing Aim Assist from the beta, so ppl will be using Xpadder with KB/M to make their game think they are using a controller to get Aim Assist with their Keyboard & Mouse.
Honestly I'm disappointed with the game to the point that I sold off my ps4 copy weeks ago and probably won't buy the LE at pc release like I've planned.

Destiny 2 is fun for the first week or two. But the game in its current state leaves little to no reason to keep playing. That's a hard sell at $60 + mandatory dlc coming soon. Maybe it will be best to jump on Y2 when the game and dlc get sold together.

Thanks! Grabbed 7 steps

Wow...this Friday Wolfenstein 2, Mario Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed Origins (based off the gameplay changes I've seen, this is the first AC game that's piqued my interest in I don't know how long) all release on the same day. Been a crazy year for games. 

Edit: And Bubsy is out next Tuesday! That's on Halloween, which is fitting as I'm sure it'll be an unintentionally terrifying game in its own way.

Gotta love the internet.  A guy probably committed suicide and the comments are one person concerned about it, a few people wanting help to unlock the suicide note, and one guy criticizing the OP for apparently not committing suicide earlier.  And then here I guess the concern is getting the game because it was delisted?  

Gotta love the internet. A guy probably committed suicide and the comments are one person concerned about it, a few people wanting help to unlock the suicide note, and one guy criticizing the OP for apparently not committing suicide earlier. And then here I guess the concern is getting the game because it was delisted?
yeah I miss Gaf, too.

Gotta love the internet. A guy probably committed suicide and the comments are one person concerned about it, a few people wanting help to unlock the suicide note, and one guy criticizing the OP for apparently not committing suicide earlier. And then here I guess the concern is getting the game because it was delisted?
F*cking insensitive bastards!!!!

Does the game have cardz????

My concern is I spent 99c of good card money on bundle fodder I'll never play.

Which is probably why investing your life in developing such games is probably a poor career, and life, choice. The market is saturated with little puzzle games like that and the only people that will buy them are cynical cheap bastards like us that only buy them for pennies in cheap bundles or for 49c in a sale ... or 99c if they're delisted.

I doubt he committed suicide though. If he first put that note in there a year ago, he's not serious.

Hex Phase

A review in 1 part by Walter Sobchak

After 4 minutes of playing time, I believe I'm highly qualified to give this a review:

• +1 Groovy Soundtrack....Is it in FLAC???? If not -10000
  • -1 Terribad font used in menus....I'm old...do you expect me to be able to read this???? My VCR is still blinking 12:00
  • -1 No Tutorial....just thrown in the game...I'm a mental midget...I need HALP!!!!!
  • +1 Clever riff on standard Tetris....
  • -1 Timer to short, would be better if I could adjust the timer....I played on "I Suck (Regular)" Level too...maybe I should     just GIT GUD!!!!

Rating:

-1 out of a possible orange whip

Comments:

Not horrible for a first attempt, could be good with changes, I've definitely "played" shit from Poopiez/IndieGala that I couldn't even tolerate for 4 minutes....

Bonus Points:

+10000 if the developer is American

-100000 if the developer is affiliated with ISIS

My concern is I spent 99c of good card money on bundle fodder I'll never play.

Which is probably why investing your life in developing such games is probably a poor career, and life, choice. The market is saturated with little puzzle games like that and the only people that will buy them are cynical cheap bastards like us that only buy them for pennies in cheap bundles or for 49c in a sale ... or 99c if they're delisted.

Sad.
Fixed.

Not to sound like a dick but the chances of a people with real issues contemplating suicide is going to set a date a year in advance, hide a legit note, and th hen change his plans because no found it...

Some people see suicide as a wayout... others as a way to get attention. (Talking it up but rarely making a legitimate try)

This guy's actions (and lack of actions) screams attention seeker to me... and maybe a guy who thought he could sale a few extra copies of a game.

thanks.. now you have me interested. Finally a FPS nooblar like me could compete with the bros and win win win :whistle2:

I counted it as beaten before that grindy BS, since technically that grindy stuff is "post-game" anyways. I will just youtube the final "scene".

Wow...this Friday Wolfenstein 2, Mario Odyssey, and Assassin's Creed Origins (based off the gameplay changes I've seen, this is the first AC game that's piqued my interest in I don't know how long) all release on the same day. Been a crazy year for games.

Edit: And Bubsy is out next Tuesday! That's on Halloween, which is fitting as I'm sure it'll be an unintentionally terrifying game in its own way.
Though I enjoyd AC Syndicate (only played cause I got paid to), I must agree that AC:O does look very good; somewhat of amix of Far Cry and Assassin's Creed with less stealth focus than previous AC's.

Wish it came out without other games x.x

I feel like I HAVE to get SMO instead just because it's Mario.

Lets hope the PC Version of ACO is good and not bjorked.

I counted it as beaten before that grindy BS, since technically that grindy stuff is "post-game" anyways. I will just youtube the final "scene".
This is exactly what I ended up doing. I hit round 6 of The Shadow Wars and just got sick of it. Samey shit at that point. I youtubed the last cutscene, it made sense considering the way the in-game story ended.

Enjoyed the game. Loved flying the drake around. Combat was fun.

I wrote a longer review of my feelings here, main criticism was the story/first 6 or so hours of the game. Otherwise, I really liked it. Its like a sequel of an action movie that is bigger and has a lot more hype, but ultimately is inferior to the first one.

Hearing Kumail Nanjiani voice Orcs is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi7jt-RvbBM

Finished up Quantum Break (PC / Steam version) a bit ago.

Took me approximately 17 hours to finish, according to Steam. Loved it.

In a world littered with so many open-world games, this linear shooter/action game is a breath of fresh air....and then some. Fantastic storytelling, narrative, action, gunplay & combat here. Also loved the TV live-acted episodes, which are about 22-30 minutes a piece.

While I do wish the episodes could've been downloaded and been locally stored (to avoid some buffering issues - had that a few times, but nothing really major here) and that some shootouts had auto-saves b/c some of them are intense and can go on for a bit of time, those are my minor complaints in what is an otherwise stellar game. 

Does the game roll end-game credits at the end of the section before the end-game grind?

EDIT:

Though I enjoyd AC Syndicate (only played cause I got paid to), I must agree that AC:O does look very good; somewhat of amix of Far Cry and Assassin's Creed with less stealth focus than previous AC's.
I loved AC: Syndicate. I absolutely love the Victorian-era England and Industrial Era England setting. I loved the two Frye Twins and feel this is one of the better AC stories since AC: Revelations.

AC: Unity was disappointing to me gameplay-wise (co-op felt like the biggest addition here, which wasn't that great IMHO), even though I loved the French Revolution setting. ACU felt like too much AC2 formula, when other AC games like AC4: BF and also ACS fixed the "too-often I'm on-foot running and platforming" traversal issue by giving you vehicles and/or other traversal methods (AC4 had boats and naval stuff; ACS had stage-coaches & Batman Arkham-like rope to keep things interesting & moving).

Ubosoft seems to have rededicated themselves to PC ports since that disaster over the last few years. I mean they stI'll have some minor issues at launch but what game doesn't anymore?

The Division, For Honor, Wildlands were all extremely playable at release.
Yea, they've learned their lesson from AC Unity which is what that screenie is from. Really every release they've had since then have had pretty strong PC versions from the start. AC Syndicate was awesome tech wise from day one as well.

Does the game roll end-game credits at the end of the section before the end-game grind?
no, but there is a cut-scene that you would swear is the real ending if you didn't know there was the real ending after that. anyways, enough talking about grindy endgame BS and let's talk Destiny 2!!!

Hello everyone. I have returned from the Dad Dimension for a slop drop. I'm not sure if this will even work but here's a code for the Quake Champions pack that can (?) be redeemed from the AMD Rewards site:

ADPRX5P7BUVBVZG

See you all in hell.

Hello everyone. I have returned from the Dad Dimension for a slop drop. I'm not sure if this will even work but here's a code for the Quake Champions pack that can (?) be redeemed from the AMD Rewards site:

ADPRX5P7BUVBVZG

See you all in hell.
Thanks redeemed this

ADPRX5P7BUVBVZG

See you all in hell.
Thanks for the drop. Used already.

Edit - Ninja'd by seconds by Jerken Voken.

Not to sound like a dick but the chances of a people with real issues contemplating suicide is going to set a date a year in advance, hide a legit note, and th hen change his plans because no found it...

Some people see suicide as a wayout... others as a way to get attention. (Talking it up but rarely making a legitimate try)

This guy's actions (and lack of actions) screams attention seeker to me... and maybe a guy who thought he could sale a few extra copies of a game.
Took less than half an hour to find the dev's name, location, and parents on Facebook. I think they would've posted on their walls if he had killed himself, but they're baptists so who knows. No mention in his town's obituary, either. Fake news.

bread's done
Back