Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So it turns out the stream led to a teaser trailer for a brand new Fallout game called Fallout 76.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

Todd Howard said they'll show more at their conference at E3 this year.
76 players battle royale, you heard it here first folks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello gamers,

We have just launched our newest site feature, DIG Profiles.
This will allow you to share your DIG profile and the games you have listed for sale on the DIG MarketPlace, with your friends.

It's simple to use. Just login to your DIG account, go to the EDIT PROFILE section, define a nickname and your STEAM id, and you will have a custom page right away.

Login to your account and get started now:
http://dailyindiegame.com/account_login.html

If you need assistance, or have any ideas to suggest, feel free to reply to this email.
Alright, who was interested in having a DIG profile? Bueller?

when does a teaser ever result in a AAA announcement? It's always some crappy phone game, a browser game, or another dumb port.

like wow Fallout 3 is coming to the Nintendo Switch for $59.99 OMG. That's your ceiling.
This...didn't age well

i'm actually kind of pissed aobut the announcement, if they come to e3 only w/fallout i'll be aggravated they released back to back fallouts and ignored elder scrolls and/or a new ip

oh wait they have tes online and elder scrolls legends what am i saying

That teaser makes it seem like it'll be a builder-centric game focusing on the horrible settlements from Fallout 4.  At first I thought it might be Fallout Philadelphia but. nah, the builder thing makes more sense.  Especially since it's being made by Bethesda.  This seems more like it'll be a glorified expansion without much in the way of a story.

So, in a sense, I don't consider this skipping Elder Scrolls and doing back-to-back Fallout games.  I doubt this will be a proper (modern) Fallout game in the way that Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Fallout 4 were proper nu-Fallout games.

TES6 is probably still on track for a year or two as Fallout 76 most likely took very little development time/resources.

Wake me when Obsidian or Arkane do Fallout New Orleans.

This...didn't age well

i'm actually kind of pissed aobut the announcement, if they come to e3 only w/fallout i'll be aggravated they released back to back fallouts and ignored elder scrolls and/or a new ip

I'm hearing that Fallout 76 is likely to be an online game. So if it's getting the TES online treatment, that's pretty disappointing and a hard pass from me.

I'm hoping Bethesda is releasing this teaser ahead of E3 so they can properly deliver an Elder Scrolls 6 bombshell later. Probably asking or assuming too much considering their recent focus is seeding old ports across the land.

Of course if they did remaster something and it turned out to be Fallout NV with the Fallout 4 engine, I wouldn't be mad.

I'm hearing that Fallout 76 is likely to be an online game. So if it's getting the TES online treatment, that's pretty disappointing and a hard pass from me.
the good news is maybe i can look into a potential lawsuit against bethesda for triggering an episode of clinical depression

That teaser makes it seem like it'll be a builder-centric game focusing on the horrible settlements from Fallout 4. At first I thought it might be Fallout Philadelphia but. nah, the builder thing makes more sense.
How did you arrive at that from a trailer that spent 1.5 minutes panning around the inside of a vault??? Oh I forgot, you're Moobstradamus!

MOOBSTRADAMUS HAS SPOKEN!!!!!

I guess TES Online does well enough to justify a Fallout Online?  But if it's an mmo it's strange that Bethesda Softworks would be doing it.

How did you arrive at that from a trailer that spent 1.5 minutes panning around the inside of a vault??? Oh I forgot, you're Moobstradamus!

MOOBSTRADAMUS HAS SPOKEN!!!!!
Because it spent 1.5 minutes panning around the inside of a vault and all of the shots featured SUPER AWESOME little furniture layouts you could do. That combined with 'it's yerr jeeerrrb 2 rebuildzzz.' If that's not a dead giveaway then it's a total red herring of a teaser trailer.

Because it spent 1.5 minutes panning around the inside of a vault and all of the shots featured SUPER AWESOME little furniture layouts you could do. That combined with 'it's yerr jeeerrrb 2 rebuildzzz.' If that's not a dead giveaway then it's a total red herring of a teaser trailer.
Maybe it's the Fallout/Fixer-Upper(with Chip and Joanna Gaines) crossover everybody has been asking for....

If it's an MMO type game... Does it have profile pages?

I'm gonna need profile pages before I can get into anything.

Okay... I can maybe see it being a full game if you intuit from the empty party room that some disaster has happened inside the vault and t3h survivor has to go outside and fix it.  Vault 76 is listed as one of the known vaults on various wikis as a 'control' vault slated to open 20 years after the war.  It also lists the location as unknown/possibly Capital Wastes.  If it IS a proper game I'm hoping at least they go someplace new.

But people are saying the teaser images note it takes place in 2102 (Fallout 3 is like 2277)... so in 20 years you don't really have time to see factions/communities establish.  Which means... BUILDER GAME.  YOU ARE T3H BUILDER!

Also also, builder-game fits in with Bethesda's overall laziness in quest and level design.  Like how modders creates these elaborate settlements whereas the paid developers create two ruined buildings and an outhouse.  MODS WILL FIX IT, GUIZ.  AND THEY ONLY COST $9.99 ON THE CREATION KLUBZ!

I think we solved the mystery gang -- it's a paid mod scheme!

Okay... I can maybe see it being a full game if you intuit from the empty party room that some disaster has happened inside the vault and t3h survivor has to go outside and fix it. Vault 76 is listed as one of the known vaults on various wikis as a 'control' vault slated to open 20 years after the war. It also lists the location as unknown/possibly Capital Wastes. If it IS a proper game I'm hoping at least they go someplace new.

But people are saying the teaser images note it takes place in 2102 (Fallout 3 is like 2277)... so in 20 years you don't really have time to see factions/communities establish. Which means... BUILDER GAME. YOU ARE T3H BUILDER!

Also also, builder-game fits in with Bethesda's overall laziness in quest and level design. Like how modders creates these elaborate settlements whereas the paid developers create two ruined buildings and an outhouse. MODS WILL FIX IT, GUIZ. AND THEY ONLY COST $9.99 ON THE CREATION KLUBZ!

I think we solved the mystery gang -- it's a paid mod scheme!
Would have been better if it was a card game with foreSKINS!!!!

But can I hack it like I did with Fallout Shelter so my supplies don't decrease and my people don't die while taking 18 real-time days to make a weapon?

You could buy Nuka Cola and lunchboxes in it too, definitely the beta version of Fallout 76.

I never understand why everybody expects an announcement for ES6. Todd Howard has said numerous times over the last several years that they're working on like 3 different games and none of them are ES6.

That being said, I know it's been awhile since he's said that and it wouldn't be the first time a game developer lied, but still, considering how long those games take to make, I wouldn't expect an ES6 announcement for a couple more years.

Sonic RPG sequel this winter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZMkv8_w1yI
There was a rumor a while back that all the characters will be from the Sonic universe. Part of what made ASRT so great was the nostalgia trip that came from the various Sega characters and their respective tracks. Remove all that and replace it with a cavalcade of Sonic's idiot companions and I've lost a fair amount of interest.

There was a rumor a while back that all the characters will be from the Sonic universe. Part of what made ASRT so great was the nostalgia trip that came from the various Sega characters and their respective tracks. Remove all that and replace it with a cavalcade of Sonic's idiot companions and I've lost a fair amount of interest.
Not just that, but I thought I saw somewhere that it's gonna be cars/land vehicles only so no planes or boats. That was one of the other neat things about the last game.

It looks like the game page for The Spiral Scouts is up on Steam now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/862480/The_Spiral_Scouts/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGRWDlpvPGQ

This game is a collaboration between the Huniepop lead dev and a friend of his I believe (not sure if any other Huniepot team members worked on this).  It's not supposed to be a super long game, but something like 8-10 hours and it's only gonna be $9.99 apparently.

Oh, and the person who did the soundtrack for Huniepop is doing the soundtrack for this as well.  Just through I'd throw that in there cause I actually really liked the Huniepop soundtrack.  LOL

It looks like the game page for The Spiral Scouts is up on Steam now.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/862480/The_Spiral_Scouts/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGRWDlpvPGQ

This game is a collaboration between the Huniepop lead dev and a friend of his I believe (not sure if any other Huniepot team members worked on this). It's not supposed to be a super long game, but something like 8-10 hours and it's only gonna be $9.99 apparently.

Oh, and the person who did the soundtrack for Huniepop is doing the soundtrack for this as well. Just through I'd throw that in there cause I actually really liked the Huniepop soundtrack. LOL
No boobies, no buy.

This...didn't age well

Bethesda hardly ever leaks anything early and frequently shows up to conferences with brand new release video game info that no one outside the company has seen or heard of before. They also typically only announce big games that are coming out in the same year. Whatever their big announcements are, this probably isn't one of them. It likely isn't a mainline series Fallout game either.

I never understand why everybody expects an announcement for ES6. Todd Howard has said numerous times over the last several years that they're working on like 3 different games and none of them are ES6.

That being said, I know it's been awhile since he's said that and it wouldn't be the first time a game developer lied, but still, considering how long those games take to make, I wouldn't expect an ES6 announcement for a couple more years.
You heard it here first folks. Bethesda is not working on a new Elder Scrolls game. You'll hear about it when they are. lol

You heard it here first folks. Bethesda is not working on a new Elder Scrolls game. You'll hear about it when they are. lol
Well, that's not what I said. Regardless, I hate it when people make blind assumptions. Humans seek out patterns in life, so I understand why people assume that ES6 would be the next game from BGS, but you're talking about the company putting out Rage 2 and put out a game called Prey last year. They don't make the most obvious moves.

Well, that's not what I said. Regardless, I hate it when people make blind assumptions. Humans seek out patterns in life, so I understand why people assume that ES6 would be the next game from BGS, but you're talking about the company putting out Rage 2 and put out a game called Prey last year. They don't make the most obvious moves.
Prey was done by Arkane and the original Rage was done by id.

Best Buy already has a pre-order up for Fallout 76.  Considering that it is not known what the actual game is, I think it is unwise to buy a pre-order at this time.  Online Fallout, more of a Fallout Shelter, etc.  A full-on next Fallout game this soon?  It seems a little off to me.

I think I remember reading/hearing that Elder Scrolls 6 would be on a totally new graphics engine and as mentioned above, no expectation for release anytime soon.

Since Rage 2 mentioned, I have to wonder if Borderlands 3 is being pushed back as Rage 2 may have stolen some of their thunder.  

At the very least, I am interested in hearing what comes from camp Bethesda ie Fallout, Starfield and anything else.  If Starfield is coming anytime soon, I would be even more surprised if the new Fallout title is a next true Fallout game.

Best Buy already has a pre-order up for Fallout 76. Considering that it is not known what the actual game is, I think it is unwise to buy a pre-order at this time. Online Fallout, more of a Fallout Shelter, etc. A full-on next Fallout game this soon? It seems a little off to me.

I think I remember reading/hearing that Elder Scrolls 6 would be on a totally new graphics engine and as mentioned above, no expectation for release anytime soon.

Since Rage 2 mentioned, I have to wonder if Borderlands 3 is being pushed back as Rage 2 may have stolen some of their thunder.

At the very least, I am interested in hearing what comes from camp Bethesda ie Fallout, Starfield and anything else. If Starfield is coming anytime soon, I would be even more surprised if the new Fallout title is a next true Fallout game.
Rumor is this:

Fallout 76 is a multiplayer/online survival-RPG game set in Fallout universe akin to Rust and DayZ:

YongYea covered what it might be:

https://youtu.be/UO1ugZxVmsw

yutRrqm.gif

At this point if it isn't in the trailer I'm not gonna trust it besides June 10th is right around corner so. Otherwise it's not really worth debating about this game. Multiplayer is being quoted from a reporter for Kotaku... I don't know about you but I wouldn't put much merit on anything coming from Kotaku.
What can be assumed is game takes place ~25 years after bombs drop in the greater DC area so west Virginia as the song emplies fits that description.
I'm also thinking like others that Oct 27th might be the scheduled release date.

Who knows what else Bethesda has to offer they claim to have something for everyone this year so heck this game could be a royal game for all we know lol please don't be. :/

Been messing around w/ my new gaming laptop: EVGA SC15. It arrived earlier today.

In short, the specs - i7 7700HQ at 2.8 Ghz, 16 GB RAM DDR4, 6 GB GTX 1060 (mobile), 15.6'' IPS screen at 1080p with G-Sync support, 256 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD 5400rpm, Thunderbolt 3, Windows 10 64-bit.

Throwing some games at it.

First up was Ghost Recon: Wildlands. 60fps at 1080p on High. Barely taking hits here, even with stuff happening on screen. Even the lowest I've seen is 57fps here so far. The game both looks and runs great. Impressive laptop. My previous laptop was on Low mostly at 900p at around 30fps w/ the Acer Nitro V15 (i7 Haswell, 16 GB RAM DDR3, 4GB 960M, W10 64-bit).

EDIT:

Holy crap! Prey 2017 at 1080p here is running at 120fps at Medium like it's nothing. Around 100-115fps at Very High with 1080p.

Because they're tired of going all around the internet complaining that instead of making the Summerset expansion for Elder Scrolls Online, they should just release Elder Scrolls 6 already.

Yeah. People are dumb.

Bethesda hardly ever leaks anything early and frequently shows up to conferences with brand new release video game info that no one outside the company has seen or heard of before. They also typically only announce big games that are coming out in the same year. Whatever their big announcements are, this probably isn't one of them. It likely isn't a mainline series Fallout game either.
The last time Bethesda showed up with a large announcement that people were anticipating was Fallout 4, which got the exact same treatment Fallout 76 has - a teaser followed up the next day with a trailer. This is absolutely one of their big announcements, the question is if they think this is enough to satiate their fans in terms of really large announcements or not. I could see Bethesda come into E3 with something else big like Starfield or whatever but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the centerpiece of their E3 presentation like Fallout 4 was.

At this point if it isn't in the trailer I'm not gonna trust it besides June 10th is right around corner so. Otherwise it's not really worth debating about this game. Multiplayer is being quoted from a reporter for Kotaku... I don't know about you but I wouldn't put much merit on anything coming from Kotaku.
What can be assumed is game takes place ~25 years after bombs drop in the greater DC area so west Virginia as the song emplies fits that description.
I'm also thinking like others that Oct 27th might be the scheduled release date.

Who knows what else Bethesda has to offer they claim to have something for everyone this year so heck this game could be a royal game for all we know lol please don't be. :/
I'm not the biggest Kotaku fan either.

But, Jason Schreier (spelling?) of Kotaku has pretty much been right on the money about all of the dealings w/ closure and cancellation of Visceral with Star Wars: Ragtag; what happened with EA and BioWare Studios behind the scenes on ME: Andromeda; and why Destiny 2 lacked end-game content (i.e. like the original, in was rebooted while within its development cycle & b/c dev's don't really have the best tools for making Destiny 2 content).

If there's anyone seems to be worth reading at Kotaku and has pretty good sources, he's their guy.

At this point I would be shocked if it weren't a builder/co-op/half-game.  Bethesda is going to charge $59.99 base and push their Creation Club microtransactions.  It takes them half a dozen or so years to come up with generic content that modders put to shame so zero chance they did it in three years.  It's going to be a modders/Creation Club sandbox.  A lot of the DLC for FO4 hints to that direction, too.

As far as whether this constitutes a 'big' announcement or not, it does.  I think many of you overestimate the general population of gamers today.  Most people see Fallout and jizz their pants and will pre-order the special edition without question.  These people aren't really gamers, though, just hipsters into the fetish of gaming culture.

I'm not the biggest Kotaku fan either.

But, Jason Schreier (spelling?) of Kotaku has pretty much been right on the money about all of the dealings w/ closure and cancellation of Visceral with Star Wars: Ragtag; what happened with EA and BioWare Studios behind the scenes on ME: Andromeda; and why Destiny 2 lacked end-game content (i.e. like the original, in was rebooted while within its development cycle & b/c dev's don't really have the best tools for making Destiny 2 content).

If there's anyone seems to be worth reading at Kotaku and has pretty good sources, he's their guy.
Yeah, Schreier is typically on point with his reporting

As far as whether this constitutes a 'big' announcement or not, it does. I think many of you overestimate the general population of gamers today. Most people see Fallout and jizz their pants and will pre-order the special edition without question. These people aren't really gamers, though, just hipsters into the fetish of gaming culture.
Yeah, agreed. Note that FO4 I believe was their best selling game ever despite the numerous complaints people had about it in regards to the changes made to it. Note that TESO is currently very successful despite it not being what many of TES' core fans want out of an elder scrolls game. I have no doubt that no matter what FO76 winds up being it'll make Bethesda a ton of money and a ton of people will play it unless it's an absolute clusterfuck

bread's done
Back