Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It's typically pretty cheap anyway, but the Commandos Collection is currently the star deal at fanatical and is 79 cents. I'm not sure if the 10 percent off code is eligible on star deals or not, but if it is that'd make it like 70 cents.
10% of 0.79 is 7.9, dummy. You clearly move the decibel spot to the east 1 place whenever you times.

This is an anti-deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I did a giveaway on steamgifts for "In Fear I Trust" from a poopees bundle. I figured I'd just give the winner of Episode 1 the other 3 episodes.

The guy that won isn't a native english speaker and declined my steam invite. So I emailed him the keys and told him I did so in a reply of his "Thanks" comment.

He replied with "no thanks =) I'm afraid for Scamming".

WtseYWY.gif
You can get your account hacked just by accepting a key and activating it. That's why I stopped doing steamgifts.

So I got to talking with a console(s) only coworker the other day which lead me to look up something on my monitor via Newegg. I had by chance bought new RAM at the same time... I paid 100 and, though out of stock, it sales for 175.

I wish I could get that kind of return on my 401K.

It's typically pretty cheap anyway, but the Commandos Collection is currently the star deal at fanatical and is 79 cents. I'm not sure if the 10 percent off code is eligible on star deals or not, but if it is that'd make it like 70 cents.
With Fanatical these days, normally promo codes don't work on Star Deals, Bundles & Pre-Orders.

Worth a shot to try, though - but usually, no dice.

RED10 is the 10% off code currently, in case anyone's trying.

I really went crazy this year, so I don't want to forget to post my haul:

Creeper World 2: Anniversary Edition $0.99

I did manage to get to level 20 or so in their Intergalactic game, so I have a bunch of items I may end up selling to recoup a few of those pennies.

I've hung around here way too long, and somehow got infected by the Motoki-Grandma-Games-Virus.
Welcome to the fold. :twisted:

I bought two Steam wallet cards with WoW gold.  My mindless auction house flipping when I am too tired to play anything that actually requires effort pays off at last.  

Just started playing Xcom 2, it still blows my mind it was in a humble monthly when it was. It's still going for 20 bucks in sales a year and a half after it was bundled.

I know that "Do you have a key you've activated" is one of the recovery questions but I assume that comes after things like "What's your real name".
Real name is a crappy security question considering they encourage you to display it on your account so your friends can find you.

I would hope having the piece of paper with the key I used when I made my account would help me recover my account if it got scammed.

I got tired of SG because people often don't responsibly activate their wins. You'll see them having logged onto SG every day for 4-5 days, and they're using Steam as well, but they ignore your e-mails and Steam messages and don't mark the game as received for a week. It's a bit annoying.

My idea has been that winners should have to claim or confirm when they win a giveaway. If they don't check in for a few days to claim the prize, another person is auto-rolled. The giveaway creator would be locked out of seeing the winner, or at least being able to send the key, until the winner checks in. It may be tedious but it would weed out some of the lazy people.

The other helpful thing would be Steam having an intermediate verification step when redeeming keys. That is, you can check a key is valid and see what it contains before actually redeeming it (similar to GOG). Ideally the Steam API would somehow allow third parties such as SG to only verify the key contents. That way scammers couldn't redeem their wins then say the game wasn't received.

Real name is a crappy security question considering they encourage you to display it on your account so your friends can find you.
Well, I said "start with". You'd want to know phone number, etc as well. Giving away keys on SG and hoping the person in question is going to display enough real life info to successfully trick Valve into giving you access and then hoping they have enough Steam wallet to send games to other people because the account owner is going to be able to easily reclaim their account seems like a REALLY laborious route to getting a couple games. I wouldn't worry about it.

That said, I don't use SG because clicking on a million buttons for a 0.02% chance of winning recent bundle trash isn't really a great time:reward ratio.

Well, I said "start with". You'd want to know phone number, etc as well. Giving away keys on SG and hoping the person in question is going to display enough real life info to successfully trick Valve into giving you access and then hoping they have enough Steam wallet to send games to other people because the account owner is going to be able to easily reclaim their account seems like a REALLY laborious route to getting a couple games. I wouldn't worry about it.

That said, I don't use SG because clicking on a million buttons for a 0.02% chance of winning recent bundle trash isn't really a great time:reward ratio.
Yeah, that's starting to get into console-player Gamestop flipping level of behavior, which I have no interest in partaking in.

Some Foxy bargain bin purchases:

The Walking Zombie: Dead City - $1.49 - THIS IS A STATIONARY SHOOTER!  lol  Apparently people buy this not knowing it and then leave negative reviews so the devs put that in the description.  This is a rail shooter, a real rail shooter, Syntax.  It's like a bootleg The Walking Dead made in voxels.  I had a lot of fun.  Feels like a mobile port.  They have different types of zombies, a story.  I think it's worth the price.

Watch This! - .51 - This game is...weird.  It calls itself a first-person platformer with horror elements.  It's like you're on a game show trying to escape and you have to impress the audience and your family.  I don't know.  It's weird.  Well made though.  Looks really good for a .51 game.

The Happy Hereafter - .51 - This is a casual sim.  That means a like time management game.  Think Coconut Queen.  It has a cute "spoopy" theme and I wanted something like that without it getting too complicated so I took the gamble.

King of the Couch: Zoovival - .49 - This is like a Duck Game or Stick Fight or whatever type game.  Didn't really get a feel for it.  It has mixed reviews but it might make a decent bro game.

Dying: Reborn - $2.59 - First person room escape game.  Good graphics, cheap price, decent reviews.  Sort of reminds me a bit of like the Saw games.  

It's been happening for 7 years or more. Not sure about just from SG exclusively, but I've heard it still happens.

Oh, that's right; Forsaken is still coming. Will have to wait for a Complete Edition to namely get all the Expansion/DLC Content, the way this going.
I think they confirmed a "currently complete edition" at some point but they don't want to talk about it now... Likely to encourage extra money to be spent.

It's been happening for 7 years or more. Not sure about just from SG exclusively, but I've heard it still happens.
-- That guy said someone had the actual physical copy of the retail key, not a digital key

-- That guy didn't even have the old email version of Steam Guard running, much less the modern phone version

-- That guy did get his account back

-- I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying that something that happened to some guy in 2011 is going to happen to me especially if I'm using two factor authentication and basic things like separate passwords for my Steam account and email.

In general, the whole thing strikes me like the supposed "Can you hear me" phone scam where someone is going to record you saying "Yes" and then somehow use that to buy a yacht and steal all your credit cards. You can come up with a theoretical convoluted system of failures where it works but it's not really a legitimate concern. But then, if someone wants to refuse gift keys, it's no skin off my nose.

A few more mini-reviews for some games I received as gifts:

Zomborg - This is a mission based top-down shooter.  It's fun, has a good story to it, and I like the art style.  

#killallzombies - This is a wave-based top down shooter and it reminds me a lot of Nation Red in a very good way.  Lots of powerups, special abilities, and it has crazy boss zombies.  If you loved Nation Red I'd recommend looking into this one.

Pixel Zombie - I can't recommend this one.  It would really work best on a tablet.  It's just a simple game where you have to tap/click waves of zombies before the reach the bottom of the screen.

Zombie Tycoon II - This is actually an RTS and not a Tycoon game.  It's pretty simple, but that suits me well because I get overwhelmed by the too complicated ones.  I like the art style.  Just done the tutorial so far.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but probably just for the hardcore zombie fans.  

I'm trying to make an active attempt to play the stuff I bought during this sale, so stuck it all in its own Steam folder rather than let it get lost in the tall grass of my collection.  From what I've tried so far...

Zomborg - Top down style zombie shooter.  Maps have an objective ("Search three cars, collect bag") and you have at it.  Only did the first two maps but it was pretty fun.

Swarmlake - Endless shooter style game that puts you on an infinite map to collect points and shoot the blobs trying to kill you.  Try to beat your own high score and hit the leaderboards.  Games only last a few minutes at most.  I liked it.

Pan-Pan - Indie puzzle/exploration game.  Cute but the puzzles aren't really well done (mainly "move stuff until something happens") and I understand that it's pretty short.  You can wait on this one.

Haydee - If you're not into wedgie-ass, there's a wide assortment of mods. Running through with (clothed) Max from Life is Strange was amusing.  The game itself is a puzzle-shooter with a lot of "Press button in room two then go to room six to find the lift then open the hidden hatch to room eight and press the button to lower the gate back in room two..." stuff.  If that's your bag, or if you just like wedgies, you might like it.  Probably 2hard4me though.

50 Years - A minimalist empire sim where you need to survive for fifty years, building your town and hiring armies.  Plays much like the old DOS game "Hamurabi" but with pictures.  Different starting nations have different modifiers and you can sell your soul to the Chicken Devil.  Games last under an hour.  I had fun.

Diluvion - Not sure what to think about this one yet.  You're piloting a submarine around a submerged civilization and doing crew management.  Controls are a little annoying and it could use more direction getting you started.  Might be good but I suspect there's a strong learning curve and hump right at the beginning. 

This Strange Realm of Mine - I really liked this one.  The story is full of Philosophy 101 textbook cribbing, emo song lyrics and bad high school poetry but the level designs are innovative and interesting and pacing is good.  You're dead, but not dead and are seeking the truths about life, God, yadda yadda.  Low-rent indie pixel sprites in a first player shooter.  Game is maybe three hours long though it has a little replayability in getting a different judgement at the end based on your actions. Was easy going on default difficulty.

A few more mini-reviews for some games I received as gifts:

Zomborg - This is a mission based top-down shooter. It's fun, has a good story to it, and I like the art style.

#killallzombies - This is a wave-based top down shooter and it reminds me a lot of Nation Red in a very good way. Lots of powerups, special abilities, and it has crazy boss zombies. If you loved Nation Red I'd recommend looking into this one.

Pixel Zombie - I can't recommend this one. It would really work best on a tablet. It's just a simple game where you have to tap/click waves of zombies before the reach the bottom of the screen.

Zombie Tycoon II - This is actually an RTS and not a Tycoon game. It's pretty simple, but that suits me well because I get overwhelmed by the too complicated ones. I like the art style. Just done the tutorial so far. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but probably just for the hardcore zombie fans.
Was there some sort of "gift FAG [side note: please change your name back] all your zombie games" event or something?

Was there some sort of "gift FAG [side note: please change your name back] all your zombie games" event or something?
It was my birfday last week so a few bros were generous enough to gift me something :) And I asked Cheapy and the mods to change my name back once I realized the horrible acronym but they just ignored it so I have to wait I think one or two more months. I think I'm just going back to the classic CheapLikeAFox to avoid this in the future.

Red Faction Guerrilla remaster tomorrow. Free for owners of the original. Grabbed a cheap key.

All games an extra 25% off on IndieGala when paying with crpyto. Yakuza 0 pre-order $12.

I have about 16 hours so far these past few days, spent with WWE 2K18.

It's basically more WWE 2K15,16,17 - for those that played any of those. But, with of course, more stuff and features - more moves, more wrestlers (male and females), more CAW's, more arenas, more shows to set-up, more polish, more match types, WAY more match customization, create your own matches, the kitchen sink, etc etc.

MyCareer seems better put together this year - with more story-focus and actual side-quests; go back-stage to talk to other wrestlers, producers, show-runners/GM's, bosses, etc; and whatnot.

I feel like I already got my $18 worth so far from GreenManGaming on the Deluxe Edition...and I ain't even really scratched the surface here.

I'm just gonna throw this one out there... WhatTheFox?

Anyhoo... thanks for the game recommendations, guys. As expected though, I read through and found a few that I thought might be interesting. Owned 'em. :bomb:

bread's done
Back