Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I thought you gave this game a thumbs down review on Steam. Was the single player component worth $10?
Didn't care for the MP portion of the game. That's what I reviewed, on a Steam Free Weekend.

MP felt too much like Titanfall, minus the Titans. Honestly, you might as well just play Titanfall 1 or 2, for that kind of gunplay & combat. You will be running, jumping, avoiding falling off areas (Forcing you to jump to move around) and bouncing/running off walls. Not very COD-like, IMHO. MP here really jumped the shark for a COD title.

I preferred the MP of COD: WW2, when it was on a Free Weekend. COD felt back where it belonged, IMHO.

Still haven't got around the the SP Campaign of COD: IW. Can't speak on it...yet. It's been backlogged.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to solo play the bard in Moon Hunters is painful.  Plenty of flashbacks to kiting things with my bard in Everquest back in the day.

It wouldn't be half bad if it didn't seem like it was bugged to hell.  The upgrades didn't seem to do anything (had one that added a stun to a song (whose original description said it stunned) and another that increased damage, but still took the same amount of plays to kill things) and it's like the game assumes you're playing in a group if you play a bard because there were way more enemies in all areas than my previous 4 plays.

It's been in EA for 5 years. From reviews, it looks like the devs only do big updates yearly. I haven't played it in a long time but it was fine when I played. Poorly optimized and with bugs, but fun for what it is.
Yea I don't know if the devs are ever going to finish it (for some reason I thought they did when it released on consoles), and I haven't played it in a long time either, but even if the devs had abandoned it at that point it is still a worthwhile game if you are into the survival genre. Although in my opinion it a bit more grindy and focused on base building vs. exploration than some other survival games.
I'd say leaving it in alpha is basically the same as abandoning it, unless they just don't know what "alpha" means. I'm not a dev but I do. An "alpha" state product is one that is significantly incomplete with many bugs and unimplemented features. Honestly, I don't care that much, because survival games aren't my thing anyway, but it's just weird.

Yeah, I'm all set on that weeb psychopath garbage.
Well, there's deviant and then there's creepy, and then there's whatever the f*ck that is, which is somewhere west of creepy. Yikes.

Trying to solo play the bard in Moon Hunters is painful. Plenty of flashbacks to kiting things with my bard in Everquest back in the day.

It wouldn't be half bad if it didn't seem like it was bugged to hell. The upgrades didn't seem to do anything (had one that added a stun to a song (whose original description said it stunned) and another that increased damage, but still took the same amount of plays to kill things) and it's like the game assumes you're playing in a group if you play a bard because there were way more enemies in all areas than my previous 4 plays.
I tried playing it and I kept dying going through the tutorial. Something about the button prompts not matching up with the actual keys it said. I guess I'm supposed to use a controller but I'm a real PC gamer. KB/M 4 Life!

Well, there's deviant and then there's creepy, and then there's whatever the f*ck that is, which is somewhere west of creepy. Yikes.
I hope everyone who buys little girl rape/torture/snuff games is on a national watch list. It's disgusting even if it's fictional.

I tried playing it and I kept dying going through the tutorial. Something about the button prompts not matching up with the actual keys it said. I guess I'm supposed to use a controller but I'm a real PC gamer. KB/M 4 Life!
There's a tutorial?

I was confused about how the bard worked, at first I thought it was going to be some sort of Guitar Hero type shit, then realized it was just combos of LMB/RMB/Space (KB/M 4 LYFE BROFIST!)

While watching acl, I started looking at 2018 games. The last quarter this year looks more lackluster than normal. I'm sure RDR2 will be good, but not sure if I'll be able to get into it considering I didn't like the previous one the little I played it. Not sure if Blackout will be enough to get CODBlops 4 on my favorites list but I was surprised that I already have a pretty good top 11:
Slay the Spire
Spider-man
Dead Cells
Shadowhand
God of War
Detroit
forza h4
sea of thieves
battle chef
a way out
Into the Breach

These are the games I most need to play:
celeste
astro bot
messenger
life is strange2
donut county
yoku's island express

I saw some clickbaity titled the next 6 months of games is INSANE video. Honestly nothing on there was standing out, mainly since I still need to play RDR on my PS3. Also KH3.....which I guess is cool...been coming for so long, and that Days Gone or something. I really want very little from the list, other than playing BFV with some friends. Good for my backlog since I've gotten too many games lately. Also Sekiro cause Samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8YFY3pUqg8

Anyone else get into the project stream trial? I was excited to try it out since I have an old rig but good internet. But I can't get past a black screen on startup...

Whoops.

The carnage started just over a week ago when the game's developer, HyperReuts, accidentally deleted Evolvation's free Steam keys. In a Steam post, HyperReuts explained it had given out 10,000 free codes in order to expand the game's playerbase as part of its 2.0 update. Unfortunately, the developer discovered many of these were being sold illegally online. In order to stop the black market indie-key business, the developer ventured into Steam settings, clicked on "ban keys options," and accidentally deactivated many of the legitimate Steam keys.

Disgruntled players soon started to post damning reviews on the game's Steam page. Many assumed the key removal was financially motivated, with one player even calling the developer "money hungry apes". Others were simply confused as to why their game key had disappeared overnight without any warning. Soon, the game's recent reviews were dragged down to "very negative". Players were well and truly seeing red.

HyperReuts reports it requested new Steam keys, but was denied three times by Valve "without explanation".

Eventually, Valve responded. Although the company refused to undo the ban, it informed HyperReuts it would help them "explore other solutions". The solution, it seems, was to make the game temporarily free to play - but this brought a host of other problems.

"My server is not made for 180k people logging in at the same time so the servers are overloaded," HyperReuts explained earlier today. "We are upgrading the servers but we cannot act in a matter of hours. We hope this is fixed within 24 hours!"

As there are no extra monetisation features or DLC, the developer is currently not making any money from the game. This has been a problem for some time, as HyperReuts claims it's barely made $100 in revenue since the game's release.

Maybe I'm a heartless bastard, but when I read "gave away keys" and "illegally selling keys" and "deactivated keys" I stop caring about a dev.

Free Steam games:

Akane the Kunoichi - F0W8G-JY86Y-GBVLG
The Dwarf Run - EPJH0-T2TIL-4W97R
Galacide - EY79M-IJBGR-LQ4P6
Jackal - ENWZ0-HVFHD-JEY05
The Last Photon - EH8ZG-D7EH8-32ZC6
Tic-Toc-Tower - 8026F-X5YX9-BGAWA
Initia: Elemental Arena - 7VWWD-5VHC5-FKRGW
Secrets of Deep Earth Shrine - 7YIWF-WXLHF-L28HK
Magic Quest - 7XJ23-8K5BM-4KPNN
VERGE:Lost chapter - DMXD9-4D88I-QI3YW

:wave:

"My server is not made for 180k people logging in at the same time so the servers are overloaded," HyperReuts explained earlier today. "We are upgrading the servers but we cannot act in a matter of hours. We hope this is fixed within 24 hours!"
Well, they (the indie dev's) should've made the game work offline with an offline mode too with bots/AI.

That way, at least, players like me and others that want to go solo and not deal w/ other players - yep, I'd be 1 player (out of who knows how many) that just won't be eating up their servers.

I really don't understand and get this trend to make almost everything nowadays bloody online-only.

Ugh. I don't need Obsidian game's winding up as a Windows Store Exclusive.

I like still having their games normally found on Steam, GOG, and anywhere else.

Apparently Microsoft is close to buying Obsidian, seem to be taking the "we need more exclusives" thing pretty seriously
giphy.gif

They all come to Steam eventually anyways.

Except Gears and Forza
Bingo. Gears and Forza still ain't on Steam.

I would expect Microsoft to make sure their own exclusives stay on W10 Store as exclusive to them over there. Well, at least for a decent amount of time anyways.

While it would also be nice to have Microsoft be able to throw money around so Obsidian don't have to worry about development spending and marketing costs - I dunno if I want Microsoft's "meh" business practices involved and them possibly interfering on how Obsidian makes games. Would be nice if Microsoft just wrote them a check and would say "Okay, go make your game. We'll leave you alone." But, I doubt M$ would do that.

I would also guess MTX's and other bad practices could show up in Microsoft-owned Obsidian's games.

EDIT:

State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves also ain't on Steam either.

SeasonalCAG Arcade Fixer Upper:

So picked up this $40 Dynamo Arcade Cabinet from Craigslist...

8jm7unB.jpg

Turned it into this...

U9QcsYi.jpg

ILJfcrR.jpg

Tried to make it as cheap and as fast as possible so cut a lot of corners (will upgrade some day like my pc) like the small ass spare monitor I have in there and so white hard board for a monitor bezel. All TheHangOut brohs already made fun of that. Drilled some holes in some wood (never let Lowes cut your plywood had to sand away their mistake) and gutted my X-Arcade and threw the Raspberry Pi in it. Chopped up a Logitech usb speakers for the top, added an led strip behind the Badlands marquee and got some white T-molding. Got a cheap X-Arcade coin door from Offerup so it works with X-Arcade joystick and you should have already known it was going to get painted red.

Bingo. Gears and Forza still ain't on Steam.

I would expect Microsoft to make sure their own exclusives stay on W10 Store as exclusive to them over there. Well, at least for a decent amount of time anyways.

While it would also be nice to have Microsoft be able to throw money around so Obsidian don't have to worry about development spending and marketing costs - I dunno if I want Microsoft's "meh" business practices involved and them possibly interfering on how Obsidian makes games. Would be nice if Microsoft just wrote them a check and would say "Okay, go make your game. We'll leave you alone." But, I doubt M$ would do that.

I would also guess MTX's and other bad practices could show up in Microsoft-owned Obsidian's games.

EDIT:

State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves also ain't on Steam either.
Yep, SoD2 will never be on Steam because Microsoft bought out Undead Labs. Can't say I really care about Obsidian, though. Especially since Avellone left.

Tried to make it as cheap and as fast as possible so cut a lot of corners (will upgrade some day like my pc) like the small ass spare monitor I have in there and so white hard board for a monitor bezel. All TheHangOut brohs already made fun of that. Drilled some holes in some wood (never let Lowes cut your plywood had to sand away their mistake) and gutted my X-Arcade and threw the Raspberry Pi in it. Chopped up a Logitech usb speakers for the top, added an led strip behind the Badlands marquee and got some white T-molding. Got a cheap X-Arcade coin door from Offerup so it works with X-Arcade joystick and you should have already known it was going to get painted red.
You did a good job for the most part, but that tiny screen does look absolutely ridiculous.

SeasonalCAG Arcade Fixer Upper:

Tiny screen defeats the purpose of an arcade cabinet. Also not a fan of the design choice. Too much going on, looks like stickers pasted everywhere. A simple design would've been better imo. Nice job otherwise

That arcade cabinet looks great, headpiece. Keep in mind that those were designed for 4:3 displays, and you might want to go at least 5" larger for the screen. The guys in Hangout probably shit talk their own mothers for a laugh. Listening to them is like taking life lessons from the Noxious Offender.

The busy face is actually currently a common trend in the stick modding community. Not my style, but not something unusual.
I think it's also cheap to do. Collections of random stickers and decals are cheap. They're often used for decoration at restaurants and bars.

Honestly the tiny screen is the only thing wrong with it that isn't just a matter of personal taste and he said he is going to upgrade that later.  At least he did something with it.  The old cabinet I bought is still sitting in a storage building in the dust.  I still regret passing on a really clean looking Centipede cabinet I saw recently on CL though.  It could have been best dusty friends with the first one.

WANT:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire [Steam]

HAVE - For Trade:

Plenty of crappy garbage bundle games you might already own...

Plenty of crappy garbage bundle games nobody wants that I hope I can trade/peddle to you...

WANT:

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire [Steam]

HAVE - For Trade:

Plenty of crappy garbage bundle games you might already own...

Plenty of crappy garbage bundle games nobody wants that I hope I can trade/peddle to you...
Ah, I see you're familiar with the cesspool.

Tiny screen defeats the purpose of an arcade cabinet. Also not a fan of the design choice. Too much going on, looks like stickers pasted everywhere. A simple design would've been better imo. Nice job otherwise
The busy face is actually currently a common trend in the stick modding community. Not my style, but not something unusual.
Well, it's obviously a matter of personal taste, but I agree with spoder. I like everything about it except all of the stickers. A cleaner look with one or two colors and neatly-labelled controls would be better, IMO.

I like it.  The 'busy" stickers don't bother me much because when you're looking from the front, you're not comparing it against the flat red sides.  The bezel needs work but then that's already known and is temporary so I can't hold that against it.  If anything, the flat red sides bother me more (not really, but for sake of comparison) since I think of arcade cabinets as being colorful and attention-seeking, not just plain red boxes.  I'd rather see more stuff on the sides than less stuff in the front.

Nice work.

Just a heads up: Historical low on the Ringed City DLC for DS3 over at Humble. $7.50, or $6.75 with Monthly sub. Was the only DS3 content missing from that Monthly a while a back.
It's well worth buying for that price, a pretty nice piece of dlc. High quality, fairly lengthy (especially when compared to ashes of ariendel), and adds 4 new boss fights iirc.
Thanks guys. I've been the unfortunate owner of the base version of DSIII for a while and have rarely/never seen the season pass on sale through steam. Would you recommend just getting Ringed City?

bread's done
Back