Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
With the 59% off deal on GMG currently, does anyone know if you buy the standard edition, if you can use the classic skins?  like Angel of Darkness and TR2 etc?   Some say you need the deluxe or croft editions but other say as long as you own Rise, standard has it.

I'm going to start a gofundme page to raise money to buy MysterD a colon. I know we're a cheap but caring group and I can't imagine any of us want to think of MysterD as someone without a colon. Colonlessness affects dozens of unfortunate people each year, so please open your hearts and your wallets and give generously.
Maybe we can get Yanni to have the gofundme featured as the charity in an upcoming Poopees bundle. It would only be appropriate for Poopees to help someone get a colon.

The more time I spend without... playing on a decent PC? It's unfortunate but not really worth money.
Maybe it's different for me, but if it were me I'd be spending so much time researching parts and shit without deciding on any, and that time is valuable to me. Not only that, but the time without having a good PC to entertain myself with is valued. It's like dealing with a shitty TV for years or any other electronics that you use regularly when you can spend the money and not have to deal with that crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, and I was sure you'd be pedantic enough to write yourself into a coma explaining the difference between CRPGs and RPGs, citing 100 examples complete with a thorough history of each.
Hey, don't give me ideas!

EDIT:

Poor attempt at trolling, carry on with discussions of local pizza/burger places and whether or not the AMD cards everybody bought were actually worth it.
I don't have any AMD cards.

I've got all GeForce cards here.

I'm going to start a gofundme page to raise money to buy MysterD a colon. I know we're a cheap but caring group and I can't imagine any of us want to think of MysterD as someone without a colon. Colonlessness affects dozens of unfortunate people each year, so please open your hearts and your wallets and give generously.
I didn't think colonlessness was a problem for toasters, though.

Besides, I think he could afford a colon on his own if he took a break from posing with mice.

Speaking of Mega Man Legacy Collection, I've spent the last 2+ days playing all six games in the set. I'm roughly halfway through VI, but barring a complete late-game catastrophe, I'm confident enough to rank them as follows:

1: 2

2: 3

3: 6

4: 1

5: 4

6: 5

Speaking of Mega Man Legacy Collection, I've spent the last 2+ days playing all six games in the set. I'm roughly halfway through VI, but barring a complete late-game catastrophe, I'm confident enough to rank them as follows:

Ooh, I know. . . 7: 8

Did I get it right?

I hope you were paying attention, Duke--that's how you troll!

I'd put 2 above 1, myself. I'm almost tempted to put 2 in first place just because the music is so good, but it really is a toss up between that and 4 for me.

Is there something wrong with me that despite the fact I just bought a 580 I'm still thinking about waiting for the first week of January or so to see the launch prices for the Navi cards (I have until January 31st to return the GPU under Amazon's extended holiday return policy)?
real CAGs totally shitbag the retail holiday return policy.

Am I the only one who is so annoyed by having to jump through hoops when deleting an account somewhere that I put insane bullshit when they want to know why and will not allow you to delete without giving a reason?

So I upgraded my rig from the BF sales. Went from a i7-4770(?) to a ryzen 2600x and asrock ab350 mobo. Added a WD m.2 500gb and 32gb of g.skill flare ddr4 2400 and it boots in about 5 seconds. I'm so giddy everytime I press the power button now cause I know itll be ready before I even finish adjusting my chair.

So I upgraded my rig from the BF sales. Went from a i7-4770(?) to a ryzen 2600x and asrock ab350 mobo. Added a WD m.2 500gb and 32gb of g.skill flare ddr4 2400 and it boots in about 5 seconds. I'm so giddy everytime I press the power button now cause I know itll be ready before I even finish adjusting my chair.
That's awesome. Now you see what a waste of money Intel is.

Am I the only one who is so annoyed by having to jump through hoops when deleting an account somewhere that I put insane bullshit when they want to know why and will not allow you to delete without giving a reason?
no unless there's a drop down menu of options in which case i just select the first one my mouse falls on

SeasonalCAG DAP Hoarder:

Don't where I fall on this digital vs. physical debate but just added this to the collection...

JLQrvrC.jpg

Sony NW-A45 digital audio player might be closest I can get to an updated Zune HD love that thing...

j10EZlc.jpg

Seriously though can't we all just get along. I have Google Play Music for streaming, Records for my turnables, CDs that rip to FLAC or MP3 or buy (yes people still buy music) for those guys above and use it all.

I have a Raspberry Pi for unspoken gaming/asf farming, NES classic and NES knockoff with games, Switch, Xbone X and PS4 Pro, N2DSXL, Arcade Cabinet and my custom built PC.

Steam, Origin, Blizz, Uplay, Windows Store and GOG (only free games though) and will buy and pay/play anywhere the games are cheaper or take me.

I'm still using a 120 gig (I think.. maybe 160?  I dunno) iPod classic.  I need to find a solution that will allow me to play both FLAC and MP3 files.   I'd like the ability to play lossless and I figure my iPod is going to croak out on me one of these days anyway, that thing has had some serious use.  Surprised it is still going, tbh.  Looked a little but I just see a lot of cheap stuff that looks awful and $$$ stuff with super mixed reviews.  And my smartphone is too big/bulky to even consider as an option.

Guess I need to start checking on Massdrop and see if any of the stuff that pops up there seems good.  My music collection is rather ridiculous despite me only vaguely paying attention for years now and lack of storage and irritations with itunes is part of why I haven't been more active in seeking out new stuff.

SeasonalCAG DAP Hoarder:

Don't where I fall on this digital vs. physical debate but just added this to the collection...

JLQrvrC.jpg

Sony NW-A45 digital audio player might be closest I can get to an updated Zune HD love that thing...

j10EZlc.jpg

Seriously though can't we all just get along. I have Google Play Music for streaming, Records for my turnables, CDs that rip to FLAC or MP3 or buy (yes people still buy music) for those guys above and use it all.
giphy.gif

Origin:

SAVE30 coupon on storewide on many titles.

Some exclusions do apply.

If it does stack...

Could be a way to get Dragon Age 2 DLC Bundle, Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle, ME3 DLC Bundle (which are already on sale) a bit cheaper.

I'm still using a 120 gig (I think.. maybe 160? I dunno) iPod classic. I need to find a solution that will allow me to play both FLAC and MP3 files. I'd like the ability to play lossless and I figure my iPod is going to croak out on me one of these days anyway, that thing has had some serious use. Surprised it is still going, tbh. Looked a little but I just see a lot of cheap stuff that looks awful and $$$ stuff with super mixed reviews. And my smartphone is too big/bulky to even consider as an option.

Guess I need to start checking on Massdrop and see if any of the stuff that pops up there seems good. My music collection is rather ridiculous despite me only vaguely paying attention for years now and lack of storage and irritations with itunes is part of why I haven't been more active in seeking out new stuff.
Rockbox FTW. I had an old IPod that I got Rockbox loaded on and loved it. Played anything you could throw at it.

I'm really not much of a mobile listener, so I ended up putting the thing on ebay - (also had an upgraded 240 GB Hard drive). But I would love a DAP with 1TB+ of storage, bluetooth, no mechanical hard drive and Rockbox compatible. Or at least plays gapless FLAC/MP3.

What are the specs on that Sony?

I can't imagine lugging around an MP3 player when you already have a phone.  I tried using a mobile DAC and even that was too much for me to worry about lugging around and charging.

I ended up getting an LG V20 as my phone.  It has a built in DAC and you can put a huge micro SD card in it if you need more space.  I got a used one off ebay earlier this year and it was around $100.  That would be my recommendation, but I don't care about FLAC or lossless or any of that stuff.  Give me Spotify and MP3s and I'm good.  

All this hardware talk makes me feel like we're long overdue for a post from SeasonalCAG headpiece747.
SeasonalCAG DAP Hoarder:

JLQrvrC.jpg

j10EZlc.jpg

I have a Raspberry Pi for unspoken gaming/asf farming, NES classic and NES knockoff with games, Switch, Xbone X and PS4 Pro, N2DSXL, Arcade Cabinet and my custom built PC.

Steam, Origin, Blizz, Uplay, Windows Store and GOG (only free games though) and will buy and pay/play anywhere the games are cheaper or take me.
WEPVAnM.gif

SeasonalCAG DAP Hoarder:

Man, the Sansa Clip+ was such a terrific budget MP3 player. Still use one when running or doing yard work. Excellent battery life. I'll be disappointed whenever it bites the dust because it's been so reliable for so many years.

I ended up getting an LG V20 as my phone. It has a built in DAC and you can put a huge micro SD card in it if you need more space. I got a used one off ebay earlier this year and it was around $100. That would be my recommendation, but I don't care about FLAC or lossless or any of that stuff. Give me Spotify and MP3s and I'm good.
You can play FLAC with it too. You can basically get ~300 GB (maybe more, I don't know if it can use a bigger microSD card), and don't have to carry an AMP. And it can also function as a phone!

I don't care about lossless either, but I can apparantly hear the difference most of the time. 320kbps MP3s are perfectly fine for me.

LG's horrendous software update track record and the bootlooping issues on some of their phones makes me hesitant to ever buy another LG phone. The LG Nexus 5 worked well, but the LG G4 was a mess.

As for sales, Grand Theft Auto V is currently 50 percent off on Steam. At $15 USD, its a good deal for the Steam version of the game. Even better deal in Canada, where it's $15 CAD. Shadow Warrior 2 is 8 bucks on Chrono, which is also an all time low for the Steam version of the game (If the GOG freebie copy is not sufficient for satisfying your Steam collecting needs) .

Man, the Sansa Clip+ was such a terrific budget MP3 player. Still use one when running or doing yard work. Excellent battery life. I'll be disappointed whenever it bites the dust because it's been so reliable for so many years.
They actually still make these - I replaced mine a year and a half or so ago and I continue to see them for sale - though I feel the quality has dipped a bit.

They actually still make these - I replaced mine a year and a half or so ago and I continue to see them for sale - though I feel the quality has dipped a bit.
I don't think they make the Clip+ specifically though, right? I see the Clip Jam and Sport for sale on different sites but from everything I can tell, the Clip+ was discontinued a while back. The Clip Jam is a clear successor to the Clip+, though. Has that same no-frills display although the lack of tactile buttons is a downer. And as you mentioned, it wouldn't surprise me if the overall quality was worse.

Does anyone know how Hitman 2's Legacy Pack works? Do I just need to have Hitman in my Steam account?

I own Hitman on Steam, but I don't even know if I've opened the game.

I'd like to avoid having to install Hitman Season One and open it/register an account with Eidos or however that works, since I figure I'd rather play through the remaster now anyway. 

If nobody knows, I'll check back in once Hitman 2 downloads and let everybody know if it works for me.

LG's horrendous software update track record and the bootlooping issues on some of their phones makes me hesitant to ever buy another LG phone. The LG Nexus 5 worked well, but the LG G4 was a mess.

As for sales, Grand Theft Auto V is currently 50 percent off on Steam. At $15 USD, its a good deal for the Steam version of the game. Even better deal in Canada, where it's $15 CAD. Shadow Warrior 2 is 8 bucks on Chrono, which is also an all time low for the Steam version of the game (If the GOG freebie copy is not sufficient for satisfying your Steam collecting needs) .
The V10 had the bootloop issue. Has not been an issue in the newer V series. Pretty sure my V20 got the latest Android. A little late, but it's also like 2 generations behind now.

I made the switch from the S8 to the V30, love it.
I hope to upgrade to the V30 soon. It's been like half price and I'm hoping it might hit close to $200 since they are pushing the V40 now.

Does anyone know how Hitman 2's Legacy Pack works? Do I just need to have Hitman in my Steam account?

I own Hitman on Steam, but I don't even know if I've opened the game.

I'd like to avoid having to install Hitman Season One and open it/register an account with Eidos or however that works, since I figure I'd rather play through the remaster now anyway.

If nobody knows, I'll check back in once Hitman 2 downloads and let everybody know if it works for me.
From what I remember reading, when you install Hitman 2 and run it for the first time, the Legacy Pack won't be immediately playable. I believe you need to run the game once, close it out, and then the Hitman 1 levels will download and install in Hitman 2.

A couple things to note: You don't have to create any separate account to play Hitman 1. Anything like that is entirely optional. Also, I've read in many places that Hitman 2's performance is quite a bit worse than Hitman 1, including in the legacy pack missions. People that got a smooth 60 FPS on maps in the first game started noticing drops that weren't there when playing it in Hitman 2. Might be the new graphical effects, might be the lack of DX12. Just something you may want to keep in mind.

That said, if you haven't played through the first game yet, you might as well just play those missions via Hitman 2. Get those mastery points and unlocks now for later use on the Hitman 2 levels.

I don't think they make the Clip+ specifically though, right? I see the Clip Jam and Sport for sale on different sites but from everything I can tell, the Clip+ was discontinued a while back. The Clip Jam is a clear successor to the Clip+, though. Has that same no-frills display although the lack of tactile buttons is a downer. And as you mentioned, it wouldn't surprise me if the overall quality was worse.
Hm, you're right - and I think I actually have the Jam. It still gets the job done even if it's not quite as good as the Clip+.

One plus two, plus one, plus two...

From what I remember reading, when you install Hitman 2 and run it for the first time, the Legacy Pack won't be immediately playable. I believe you need to run the game once, close it out, and then the Hitman 1 levels will download and install in Hitman 2. [...]
Thanks!

Dropped me right in the same training mission from Hitman S1, I played through it again and definitely noticed much worse performance. And this was the training mission, can't imagine how things would get once stuff starts exploding. I'll fiddle around in the settings a bit and see how it goes.

Rather than go through the challenges in the training mission, I exited out to the main menu, it said "Thank you for your purchase" (I didn't buy anything new, so I imagine that's referring to Hitman S1 I already own) and told me to quit the game to load new content. Now it's updating in Steam, I suppose that's the Legacy Pack levels downloading.

Never heard of asf before, any comments? How much do you make?

Yeah, Steam is great and convenient, but I absolutely love some amount of competition between different platforms, just means more free games for me. I can hand in my fakeybro card for saying I like Twitch, but the monthly free games on Twitch Prime have been better than the last two years of Humble. Super stoked for Subnautica free later this week on Epic, since I haven't played it at all yet. It's been on my buy list for a while.

With all the different clients, my ever-growing backlog is now being flooded just with more and more free games that I'm actually genuinely excited about and interested in, on top of tons of support and content for the main titles I've been playing for years. And that's not even including PS Plus titles on my PS4.

I think I still have a Sansa E200 around here somewhere.  No idea if it works anymore.  It had so little storage that once I got the iPod I never used it anymore.   I still have a couple of even older mp3 players with like 128 and 256 MB of storage.  I should find those and just trash them.  

My non-rootable AT&T Note 4 is basically worthless without my portable dac/amp which really means carrying around a lot of shit just to listen to some tunes.  Fine if I am waiting around somewhere, not so much if I am working outside or jogging.  Another thing with using my smartphone as a music player is that the battery drains way faster than my iPod does and Samsung  does not even sell batteries for phones more than a few years old.  I have tried a couple of generic batteries and both were trash.  No idea what I will get next time I get a new phone but I doubt it will be a Samsung.  And maybe I will get a different carrier as well, at the time nobody else had reasonable coverage for this entire area.  Not sure about now.  

I think I still have a Sansa E200 around here somewhere. No idea if it works anymore. It had so little storage that once I got the iPod I never used it anymore. I still have a couple of even older mp3 players with like 128 and 256 MB of storage. I should find those and just trash them.

My non-rootable AT&T Note 4 is basically worthless without my portable dac/amp which really means carrying around a lot of shit just to listen to some tunes. Fine if I am waiting around somewhere, not so much if I am working outside or jogging. Another thing with using my smartphone as a music player is that the battery drains way faster than my iPod does and Samsung does not even sell batteries for phones more than a few years old. I have tried a couple of generic batteries and both were trash. No idea what I will get next time I get a new phone but I doubt it will be a Samsung. And maybe I will get a different carrier as well, at the time nobody else had reasonable coverage for this entire area. Not sure about now.
Look into the V20. It's older. You can find a used one pretty cheap. Battery life is just so-so but it's one of the few modern smartphones where you can still switch out the camera so you can either get extras or get one of those battery packs with the extended batteries, it just makes the phone bulkier. Most people nowadays just buy a dedicated powerbank for their phone so that's an option too.

I think I still have a Sansa E200 around here somewhere. No idea if it works anymore. It had so little storage that once I got the iPod I never used it anymore. I still have a couple of even older mp3 players with like 128 and 256 MB of storage. I should find those and just trash them.
I remember my first MP3 player having a whopping 32 MB of storage. I could fit eight songs on it. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang was one of them. Side note: 1999 sucked.

Also, anyone here have one of those hideous jukebox MP3 players?

KN7ooLz.jpg

I always wanted one but the price was just absurd.

I got the little caesars thin crust.

Then when I looked at it I remembered someone here said it was like Domino's thin crust.

I was disappointed.

I remember my first MP3 player having a whopping 32 MB of storage. I could fit eight songs on it. Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang was one of them. Side note: 1999 sucked.

KN7ooLz.jpg

I had that one (actually, the FM one), a different Archos, and a couple Creative ones after.

My first one was 2000ish with a Kodak camera + mp3 player. The 64 MB was enough to hold one album, so it was completely useless.

I got into minidisc when MP3 players first became a thing.
I had a friend in college who went all in on minidisc when MP3 players were coming out. Poor fool.

KN7ooLz.jpg

I didn't have that one, but I had this one:

330px-Archos_605.JPG

Which was actually a bit ahead of its time in trying to push a tablet before tablets were a thing. Got them on supersale from blockbuster after seeing them posted here on CAG. Something like $120-$150 when the regular price was like $300. They had accessories to let you play your files on a TV and even record live TV. Thing was super innovative.

They were nice products (and I think I still have it somewhere) but they were buggy and got slower overtime until they just got too buggy. Might even have had charging issues. Another great idea poorly executed.

I used to sell Palm Pilots to customers.  It's funny how that used to be a thing.  Guys with their fully loaded belts holstering both a Palm Pilot and a Blackberry. 

bread's done
Back