Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone know if they patched more modern resolutions in the game?

Probably, too much to ask for but I would buy it right now. If not I'll wait for a sale as I have the "MysterD" packaging for this one.
not too much to ask at all!

Travelers looking for the authentic Diablo experience can play the game as it was in 1996, with period-appropriate 20 FPS SVGA graphics, and the ability to matchmake through the classic version of Blizzard’s Battle.net® online-gaming service.

For those wanting something a bit more modern, Blizzard and GOG.COM have collaborated on an updated version of the game tuned for today’s gaming PCs, which includes out-of-the-box Windows 10 compatibility, a host of bug fixes and high-resolution support.

Diablo is what -really- turned me on to PC gaming when I was a 14yo kid back back in 1997.  We used to go over to my friend's house, gather in the office, turn off the lights, turn up the sound, and play DIablo in the dark on his PC.  That dark and foreboding atmosphere was revelatory.  The Butcher's appearance was life-changing.  We had a shitty Macintosh at home for work and schoolwork.  After that I had to pester my parents to get a PC "for schoolwork" for a couple of years, which we finally did.   Then I was finally able to play Everquest on dial-up back in 1998 after a couple of years of playing Warcraft II over the phone line against my friends.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if they patched more modern resolutions in the game?

Probably, too much to ask for but I would buy it right now. If not I'll wait for a sale as I have the "MysterD" packaging for this one.
According to the article I read on a 3rd-party news site, a purchase gives you access to two versions—an unupdated one that can connect to Battle.net, and an updated one with HD resolution support, greater OS compatibility, and "other adjustments to make it look and run better on modern PCs." Unfortunately, it seems like that version only supports LAN and P2P connections.

Honestly, even though I'd probably only solo it, I'll wait for the inevitable 66% off sale. Maybe even a 75%.

Diablo is what -really- turned me on to PC gaming when I was a 14yo kid back back in 1997. We used to go over to my friend's house, gather in the office, turn off the lights, turn up the sound, and play DIablo in the dark on his PC. That dark and foreboding atmosphere was revelatory. The Butcher's appearance was life-changing. We had a shitty Macintosh at home for work and schoolwork. After that I had to pester my parents to get a PC "for schoolwork" for a couple of years, which we finally did. Then I was finally able to play Everquest on dial-up back in 1998 after a couple of years of playing Warcraft II over the phone line against my friends.
Diablo was well after I had gotten into PC games. Karateka, Prince of Persia, Pirates, Sim City, Civilization, Populous, Falcon, Infocom text adventures, Sierra adventure games, and the SSI Gold Box series all predated it. Also, I had spent countless hours on Moria and Angband by the time I played Diablo, and generally didn't find it compared favorably.

Which, again, is why I almost never gave Diablo 2 a try. That would have been horrible, because Diablo 2 is one of my favorite games ever.

Diablo is what -really- turned me on to PC gaming when I was a 14yo kid back back in 1997.
I could already legally drink in '97. fuck I'm old!

And, I dont know, I never thought of "PC Gaming" as being this other entity. I guess I just always played games on whatever machine was available to me. Whether it was a Pong Knockoff or 2600/NES/Genesis or even IBM PC Jr., the machine didnt matter. We went back and forth quite a bit. Madden on Playstation, War/Starcraft on PC.

Funny though, I never really got into PC FPS controls past Wolfenstein 3D. I never got adept at playing Quake.

Funny how the circle of life works. Then, you were drinking and I was in diapers. Now, I'm drinking and you're in diapers.

Can I GOG connect with my physical disc?
Oh, don't I wish!!!

Still got my old retail copy on my shelf.

EDIT:

Diablo is what -really- turned me on to PC gaming when I was a 14yo kid back back in 1997. We used to go over to my friend's house, gather in the office, turn off the lights, turn up the sound, and play DIablo in the dark on his PC. That dark and foreboding atmosphere was revelatory. The Butcher's appearance was life-changing. We had a shitty Macintosh at home for work and schoolwork. After that I had to pester my parents to get a PC "for schoolwork" for a couple of years, which we finally did. Then I was finally able to play Everquest on dial-up back in 1998 after a couple of years of playing Warcraft II over the phone line against my friends.
Duke Nukem 3D, Quake 1, MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries, and Diablo 1 were what really got me into PC gaming.

Interesting to see Diablo pop up on GOG considering you can not even buy it on Blizzard's site.  I'm glad they offer both an updated and  unaltered version because there are some great mods for D1.  I need to check and see if they will work with the unaltered GOG version, although I assume they would.  

Also if you really want Hellfire you can find it on archive.org but I do not expect it to ever show up on GOG.  Folks from Blizzard were not fond of it to begin with, not that it is very surprising considering how much it strayed from Diablo.

Same here, went live right before midnight. I have very little experience with the series and I'm not nearly as excited for it as I was RE2, but should be a fun time nonetheless.
I've always found with games like Bayonetta/DMC that if you can get past the initial button mashing and actually get into the "flow" of combat they become almost a zen like experience. If you can't get into that state of mind you probably will find it just okay but nothing special.

I've always found with games like Bayonetta/DMC that if you can get past the initial button mashing and actually get into the "flow" of combat they become almost a zen like experience. If you can't get into that state of mind you probably will find it just okay but nothing special.
Between that aspect, and the soundtracks, DMC is one of my favorite series.

I have a ton to do right now so I'm going to be patient and wait a few days to see if anyone comes up with a proper widescreen support fix before I dive into DMC5.  

There is no WS support at all in the release, it unlocked in Europe before it did here and I was browsing the forum to see what people were saying and there was already a 3 page thread about it.  Someone posted a partial fix that requires hex-editing the .exe and still doesn't really fix it.  So I will wait a few days and see if someone makes a proper fix for it so I can actually play it in 3440x1440, if not I'll probably play it on my TV rather than deal with the black bars/smaller screen area.

There is no WS support at all in the release, it unlocked in Europe before it did here and I was browsing the forum to see what people were saying and there was already a 3 page thread about it. Someone posted a partial fix that requires hex-editing the .exe and still doesn't really fix it. So I will wait a few days and see if someone makes a proper fix for it so I can actually play it in 3440x1440, if not I'll probably play it on my TV rather than deal with the black bars/smaller screen area.
WSGF is on it. Shouldn't be long.

There is no WS support at all in the release, it unlocked in Europe before it did here and I was browsing the forum to see what people were saying and there was already a 3 page thread about it. Someone posted a partial fix that requires hex-editing the .exe and still doesn't really fix it. So I will wait a few days and see if someone makes a proper fix for it so I can actually play it in 3440x1440, if not I'll probably play it on my TV rather than deal with the black bars/smaller screen area.
You mean ultra wide support 21:9.
I'd be surprised if a game launched and didn't support native 16:9 wide screen.

I've notice most recent releases haven't had 21:9 support baked in. Is it really that hard?
Shenmu was super broken at 21:9 but Sega did fix.
FO 76 launched without 21:9 and they half ass added it like everything else in this excuse for a game.
DOA 6 which just launched does not have 21:9 support either which is annoying, I hope either someone can mod the file or they update it to support.

Is there any notable title that released recently that actually supported 21:9 out of the gate?

DOA 6 which just launched does not have 21:9 support either which is annoying, I hope either someone can mod the file or they update it to support.
I remember before Tekken 7 came out, they had it at some trade show on ultrawide monitors, but then they removed it in the final game, saying it was unfair because you see more of the stage. It's dumb.

You mean ultra wide support 21:9.
I'd be surprised if a game launched and didn't support native 16:9 wide screen.

I've notice most recent releases haven't had 21:9 support baked in. Is it really that hard?
Shenmu was super broken at 21:9 but Sega did fix.
FO 76 launched without 21:9 and they half ass added it like everything else in this excuse for a game.

Is there any notable title that released recently that actually supported 21:9 out of the gate?
Metro: Exodus, on DX11, and RE2 worked great for me.

Yeah I meant UW.  Resident Evil 2 launched with support for 21:9, which makes me  wonder why DMC5 didn't.  They added it to Monster Hunter World but it took them like six months.  

The Denuvo thing is hilarious.  

b01Y3US.png

Denuvo on top, Denuvo-free on bottom.

Ultrawide patchers for both versions: http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=175040#p175040

Sounds like Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & WarCraft 2 will also be coming to GOG at some point in time:

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=198139
Zug-zug!

My experience with Bayonetta suggests that I will never achieve a zen-like state of oneness with it.

Congratulations on your flag backpack thingie. I found it weird that they would make the last three shields pretty much "gimmes" for long time players. Instead of having a reason to spend some time in Div1 and get hyped for 2, you just log in, get your reward and leave for another month. I would have shuffled stuff like doing all the Legendary missions to the final months.

Too much work for 6fps

Stop being plebs
Try 19.

tkb9e8mbzvk21.png

Gotta love day 1 cracks. Now, instead of waiting several days for Steam to download it on our satellite connection, I can download the game files to my phone at work and transfer them to my PC when I get home.

Just got finished with some strenuous, in-depth scientific testing between the two EXEs (i.e. I used the framerate at the very beginning of the prologue), and got these results:

DX12, Denuvo - 83 FPS

DX12, no Denuvo - 89 FPS

Things get really interesting when I switch over to DX11 in the config file (there's apparently no way to change it in-game):

DX11, Denuvo - 103 FPS

DX11, no Denuvo - 107 FPS

So going from the way Capcom intended me to play the game to the DX11/Denuvo-less version that required two minutes of work, I got a 29% boost.

Congratulations on your flag backpack thingie. I found it weird that they would make the last three shields pretty much "gimmes" for long time players. Instead of having a reason to spend some time in Div1 and get hyped for 2, you just log in, get your reward and leave for another month. I would have shuffled stuff like doing all the Legendary missions to the final months.
Honestly, all of the ones that tracked from the beginning were extremely easy... Granted, I always kept one of every unique even if most were trash... A) you just never know when the next rework will turn crap into BIS.. b) I'm a collector and hoarder by nature.

Honestly, I thought the only Shield that was truly a pain was Survival (which was also my last) as 5 Hunter kills is far more difficult than the requirements. The bulk of it was four games. One with a kill and five items extracted. One a failure in the DZ as I didn't poke around by the DZ for mid tier loot, one run where I killed the three hunters I could spawn (one at each extraction), and a final run for my last hunter.

Did you get all twelve done too? I honestly don't know how many people wanted the flag trophy for Div 2.

The usual CAG group (Myself, Weiler/Smackattack, Parallacks/Whatever-he-calls-himself-here and Jimbo/Jimbofluffy) got all 12.  The toughest was the Commendation for Jimbo since he started at something like 1,100 so there was a lot of grinding and selective goal hitting to bump that to 3,000.

Survival was the toughest for me since I had never touched the mode previously.  By the time I got the shield for that, I was well into the Survival groove and playing it consistently. I still got it within the month before the next shield dropped so "hardest" is pretty relative.

Try 19.

tkb9e8mbzvk21.png

Gotta love day 1 cracks. Now, instead of waiting several days for Steam to download it on our satellite connection, I can download the game files to my phone at work and transfer them to my PC when I get home.
Cause you notice 70-90 lol (especially in this type of game). Good try tho.

this reminds me of when someone tries to tell me how important input lag is on a new high-end television.   That thirty 1000ths of a second can be a deal breaker. 

That's how fast they are slaying nerds in professional Street Fighter tournaments apparently. 

Not a 1/10th of a second we're talking about here, but a third of that.   +.03 seconds = fail.  Nevermind how it handles motion processing, flickering, haloing, adaptive sync, or burn-in.  They need a better television because of input lag. 

this reminds me of when someone tries to tell me how important input lag is on a new high-end television. That thirty 1000ths of a second can be a deal breaker.

That's how fast they are slaying nerds in professional Street Fighter tournaments apparently.

Not a 1/10th of a second we're talking about here, but a third of that. +.03 seconds = fail.
True actually, but not a single player beatem up like DMC; you won’t see a diff past that 70

Was it a blind guy or something that beat a pro at SF a while back? I forget.

I’m actually OCD about playing twitch shooters below 144fps >.< but alas my 1080 can’t do ultra anymore at 144fps at 1440p.

Sad days.

bread's done
Back