Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
the long awaited announcement of Borderlands 3 by Gearbox. It would be nice but I am cautiously optimistic considering the Presequel and how the game did not even get much of a season pass (compared to BL2). Youtube has many videos about supposed leaks of characters and such. If they can pull off a better game than BL2 then great I am in.
Joke's going to be on us. They're going to surprise us with a shared world loot shooter. With loot boxes and micro-transactions.

Wait...

Presequel was also done by 2K Australia with "help" from Gearbox and one would presume Borderlands 3 is a Gearbox project entirely. Of course some folks have moved on from Gearbox over the years so you might see some changes but I think it is more than likely going to stick to the formula and be enjoyable. If anything I would expect BL3 to be bigger and with more expansions/DLC than ever. Gearbox has had some flops, they need an easy win at this point.

Also, the Halo games are already confirmed to have ultrawide support along with various other resolutions, so that is nice.
Yeah, Pre-Sequel was outsourced. Also agree that Gearbox needs a hit on their hands since they've been shaky in recent years. I'm just happy that Anthony Burch won't be doing the writing anymore. I hated the meme-fest atmosphere of Borderlands 2 and much preferred the low-key (but still some humor) space-frontier motif in Borderlands 1.

Wow, that's pretty shitty way to treat people who allow you to make you dreams come true... I hope karma gets all of them.
Hah! From a post in the game's reddit: "I'm going to buy it once it's $1 in a Humble Bundle, then donate 100% of that $1 to charity not the devs."

Having played Satisfactory, that is the only game I'm willing to break my boycott of Epic's store. The Div2 change now makes it even harder to justify though. Not that it really matters since in a few months I can buy the div2 season pass cheaper than Epic via those damn uplay points.

My main question is, for the these one year exclusives does it start when the game is released in "early access" (Satisfactory goes EA on 3/19) or when it goes gold as they used to say and is a 1.0 release.

in all seriousness i'm excited for bl3 (loved 2, have been debating replaying it recently), but pretty anxious gearbox is gonna completely ruin it with abuse of loot boxes and stuff

We've come a long ways since BL2.  There are going to be loot boxes, cosmetics, "free DLC", paid character unlocks, a gold edition, season passes and microtransactions galore!

and then here's wittle ole me, enjoying my Destiny 2: Forsaken complete package for $55 going on week 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
to the Forsaken 'expansion' which then had it's own DLC.
2vwj02.jpg

Considering that each game will be released and purchasable individually, I'm really curious what the pricing is going to look like. I can't imagine they'll be $5 a piece to match the current $30 XB1 price for the package. Will it be $10 per game? $20?
Ign says the collection will be $30 on steam so if thats true thats great news.

I played the first Halo game on PC ages ago.  Is the collection at least updated?  While I know the single player campaigns are decent, I thought the main excitement was multiplayer with these.  I cannot see multiplayer on PC being big after the first couple of months.  PC gamers that like mulitplayer shooters trend to move on to the latest offering and not look back.

NewEgg:

MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB DDR5 VRAM = $140 w/ free shipping after all of this:

1. Promo code EMCTWUW23

2. Mail in rebate of $20

Comes with your pick of 2 free games (out of 3). You pick between:

1. The Division 2

2. Resident Evil 2

3. Devil May Cry 5

I played the first Halo game on PC ages ago. Is the collection at least updated? While I know the single player campaigns are decent, I thought the main excitement was multiplayer with these. I cannot see multiplayer on PC being big after the first couple of months. PC gamers that like mulitplayer shooters trend to move on to the latest offering and not look back.
I always thought consoles moved on to the newest more often than PC...

Anyhow, to answer your question MS redid Halo for its 10 anniversary... Honestly, as remasters go its one of the best I've seen. I suspect thats the game we will see in the collection.

My son has been asking to play Halo, as many of his friends at school are big into it right now and talk about it a lot. I've had to explain that some children are less fortunate than he is and have to do their gaming on consoles.

This game is a very easy to get into and not at all complex or time-consuming game and I highly recommend that all casuals pick it up now that it is coming to Steam.    :whistle2:

Also there is a mod for Slay the Spire where your cards are cat memes.  It is glorious.

There's an "elite" mystery bundle at fanatical right now: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/elite-mystery-bundle?utm_source=Push&utm_medium=Push&utm_campaign=Bundle+EliteMystery+13319

i wonder what's in there, it's 12 bucks for three keys so you'd hope it's a little better than the normal mystery bundles
Here are some of the pulls people have posted in the GameDeals subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/b0nv8y/fanatical_elite_mystery_bundle_1199_3_mystery/

DiRT Rally
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Observer
BioShock Infinite
WRC 5
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
LEGO STAR WARS: The Force Awakens
Book of Demons
Mad Max
LEGO Jurassic World
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
HITMAN 2
The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
Batman: Arkham Origins
Borderlands 2
AER Memories of Old
Hover
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Witch It
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
Gauntlet

State of Mind

Not to put a damper on the impending BL3 announcement, but:

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1105385509185048576

We all know where this is headed.
eh, really doesn't bother me one way or the other. i'd prefer to have it on steam but tbh i don't understand how upset people get that their game is on one launcher instead of another. so long as the game is good i'm fine

and tbh are the developers just supposed to not take the better deal because it's more convenient to have all our games contained in one launcher

If they want to make their own launcher, fine.  Put it on uplay or origin?  Sigh, but fine.  But I'd yaaaaar matey before I buy anything on Epic's launcher.

eh, really doesn't bother me one way or the other. i'd prefer to have it on steam but tbh i don't understand how upset people get that their game is on one launcher instead of another. so long as the game is good i'm fine

and tbh are the developers just supposed to not take the better deal because it's more convenient to have all our games contained in one launcher
well as many posters have said, why not let the market decide. Steam offers a ridiculous amount of features over epic, so this goes beyond the dev just getting a larger cut, the consumers miss out on actual functionality by choosing an inferior store front.

So if they want a bigger cut why not offer it on both, and either tell customers their preferred store is epic or offer it a slight discount on epic to compensate for all the things the customers will lose

Not to put a damper on the impending BL3 announcement, but:

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/1105385509185048576

We all know where this is headed.
At least you're not buying 3 consoles just to play exclusives.

Personally I would love Borderlands 3 on Steam! But all this does is make it for longer for me to purchase BL3 on the Epic Launcher.
I've haven't seen any holiday sales or anything on Epic yet which is a huge deal breaker.

well as many posters have said, why not let the market decide. Steam offers a ridiculous amount of features over epic, so this goes beyond the dev just getting a larger cut, the consumers miss out on actual functionality by choosing an inferior store front.

So if they want a bigger cut why not offer it on both, and either tell customers their preferred store is epic or offer it a slight discount on epic to compensate for all the things the customers will lose
I think that would be the ideal solution. $10 markup on everything on Steam to compensate for the loss of revenue and extra features you get, but we all know people wouldn't be happy.

People raged about Metro even though they gave people a chance to order it on Steam, it's $10 cheaper on Epic, and it's only 1 year exclusivity. The people raging aren't reasonable.

I don't want a game to really be exclusive anywhere. Put games on every damn platform and let the user decide what platform they want to support.

I get why they do exclusive stuff - i.e. they are being offered more $ and whatnot - but it doesn't mean I have to like it and doesn't meant that I'll support it.

it wouldn't be viewed as a discount on epic then, it'd be viewed as paying a tax to get the game on steam. people would complain regardless. i guess people are missing out on features or whatever, but to me the most important function of a launcher is "does it launch the game." maybe i'm missing something, but i don't understand what crucial features steam has that makes the experience of playing a game so much better than it is on other launchers to the point where people would feel entitled to a discount to play it on something else

tbh if the game being on epic is the worst part of bl3 i'll be thrilled. my hunch is after the reveal there will be much bigger issues than whether it's an epic exclusive

I don't really use any of the Steam features past it being a game launcher and library. I have no issues with buying stuff on Epic or any other launcher. Epic had Metro cheaper so I bought it there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't really use any of the Steam features past it being a game launcher and library. I have no issues with buying stuff on Epic or any other launcher. Epic had Metro cheaper so I bought it there.

And that was my whole point, you dont see the things steam offers as advantageous to you, so you would be willing to pass and get a discount, theres nothing wrong with that. But why not offer it everywhere at prices you think people will buy at on that storefront and let them decide

it wouldn't be viewed as a discount on epic then, it'd be viewed as paying a tax to get the game on steam. people would complain regardless. i guess people are missing out on features or whatever, but to me the most important function of a launcher is "does it launch the game." maybe i'm missing something, but i don't understand what crucial features steam has that makes the experience of playing a game so much better than it is on other launchers to the point where people would feel entitled to a discount to play it on something else
But just in comparison between the 2 steam has:

Forums, dev interaction and feedback, support, full controller mapping support for almost any controller, family and friends library sharing, vr support, in home streaming to a multitude of devices making a console worthless to many, big screen support so it can be used in an HTPC setting, proper currency conversions and selling to many countries (right now epic does not do either of those), full steam community support with picture/video/groups/chat/curators/etc etc, mod support via workshop, meta crap with cards and items and a whole marketplace, game broadcasting, and cloud saves, and thats just off the top of my head Im sure I missed some

So its completely fine if a customer doesnt find any of that useful, but its disingenuous to say a storefront is just a storefront and gamers are whiny bitches. Thats a whole shit load of functionality that epic does not have all in the name of the dev getting a bigger cut

While a Steam vs. Epic store battle is raging seems like an appropriate time to post my Dead or Alive 6 Green Man Gaming story:

I preordered DOA6 from GMG for the same reason that lots of people pre-order stuff from GMG--they usually give a fairly substantial discount on pre-orders that's hard to get through any other legitimate source. On the day of release, GMG sent me a key for the game, and I redeemed it. To my disappointment, the early-purchase bonus content (a new character and a few costumes) didn't appear to be redeemed with the key. Curiosity got the best of me, so I dug around on the Google machine and found that everyone else who pre-ordered from GMG received weird keys that did not include that content, and, it being the internet, some folks were boiling mad about it. GMG initially put out a statement saying that the early purchase bonus content was a Steam-store exclusive (meaning you had to buy it on Steam to get it) and anything that's not explicitly listed on their game page should not be assumed to be included in a purchase. Later they said they would refund purchase prices for people who would prefer to buy the game on Steam to get the bonus content. That seemed silly to me, but I went ahead and emailed support to say that I was a bit disappointed about not receiving the bonus content with my pre-order purchase. Support wrote me back the next day and reiterated that the content was a Steam-store exclusive and that I could request a refund. I told Support that I didn't want a refund because I felt that I paid a fair price for the game, but that it didn't seem unreasonable for a person to expect that early-purchase content would be included in a pre-order. They basically told me that the refund and re-purchase scenario was the only available remedy, so I thanked them for their time. Two days later, I get an email with a code from GMG that redeems the bonus content. 

Moral of the story: I don't know. Don't expect pre-order bonuses from Steam even with a Steam key if purchased from a third-party vendor, I guess. 

So its completely fine if a customer doesnt find any of that useful, but its disingenuous to say a storefront is just a storefront and gamers are whiny bitches. Thats a whole shit load of functionality that epic does not have all in the name of the dev getting a bigger cut
why isn't it seen as steam/valve's fault for not making their developer cut more competitive w/epic's despite having a shit load of money already

you said earlier you want the "market to decide," this is actually what that looks like. the consumers aren't the sole part of an open market, steam has a responsibility to make their service appealing both to consumers and providers. epic is providing competition toward developers and steam is failing to match. while developers might be damaging consumer experience by giving storefront exclusivity, steam is also failing to provide users with products they want due to demanding a specific cut of sales

Doesn't 2K technically have control of the Borderlands license?  I would be surprised if they went Epic exclusive.  It kind of made sense for Ubi with them having their own launcher but 2K does not.

Epic cares about courting developers; Steam cares about courting consumers. How is there even a debate on Cheap Ass fucking Gamer of all sites?

I mean, any mook with a keyboard (albeit without a shift key) is apparently allowed an account here, but let's be serious.

All Epic and Valve care about is profit, first and foremost.

And yes, both developers and consumers factor in on how that profit is achieved. 

And that was my whole point, you dont see the things steam offers as advantageous to you, so you would be willing to pass and get a discount, theres nothing wrong with that. But why not offer it everywhere at prices you think people will buy at on that storefront and let them decide

But just in comparison between the 2 steam has:
Forums, dev interaction and feedback, support, full controller mapping support for almost any controller, family and friends library sharing, vr support, in home streaming to a multitude of devices making a console worthless to many, big screen support so it can be used in an HTPC setting, proper currency conversions and selling to many countries (right now epic does not do either of those), full steam community support with picture/video/groups/chat/curators/etc etc, mod support via workshop, meta crap with cards and items and a whole marketplace, game broadcasting, and cloud saves, and thats just off the top of my head Im sure I missed some

Their strategy is to push their consumers to the store where they get the biggest cut of the profits. Why would they offer their game everywhere? These guys know their numbers. If they are selling in other marketplaces its because they make more than if they stuck to Steam. To a business it's all about the numbers.

why isn't it seen as steam/valve's fault for not making their developer cut more competitive w/epic's despite having a shit load of money already

you said earlier you want the "market to decide," this is actually what that looks like. the consumers aren't the sole part of an open market, steam has a responsibility to make their service appealing both to consumers and providers. epic is providing competition toward developers and steam is failing to match. while developers might be damaging consumer experience by giving storefront exclusivity, steam is also failing to provide users with products they want due to demanding a specific cut of sales
Sure thats fair, and time will tell if they lower their cut. I was merely replying to point of what features made steam better, and why people think the price should be lower on epic, to the consumer they are (possibly) missing out on a lot, so unless there was some industry wide jump in MSRP why shouldnt the price be cheaper on epic (from the consumer POV), there's barely any of the same support that is necessary compared to steam.

I get devs want the most money, Im saying its a fine balance they are going to have to walk between grabbing it and possibly alienating customers. So for one studio head to be saying, a store is a store is a store, well to the consumer side it is not, but to the devs, it is.

Also just like the devs, I care about value/$ and Im a consumer, so Im in it for my best interests, so thats what I will be advocating for, why would I advocate for the devs to get more money at the expense of features on my end with no kickback to me. I can understand the devs POV, doesnt mean I have to like it and agree with it

I thought the whole point of putting up with launchers was that all your games were in one place? I mean, I’ve never liked launchers, I just put up with it because Steam is less of a hassle than old-timey DRM.

And because it’s the only option a lot of the time.

I don't find Steam all that useful.  Any new features to the client are usually too little too late.  After Discord, Steam is essentially just a store for me like iTunes.  That's not to say they don't have a lot of useful features that help me enjoy my games when I play them, but it's not much more than I could get from any standalone launcher.  

I don't think Epic is necessarily going about this the right way.  Their only draw at this point is exclusives.  Anytime a new player comes in and disrupts a market they usually bring something new and innovative and Epic isn't doing that.  So I don't really see this working out for them, but we'll see.  Maybe they have enough money to throw at exclusives to actually make this work for them.  

You know whats worse? Launchers within launchers. Creative Assembly, the Total War guys and now Stardock have added publisher launchers for all their Steam games. Want to play Total War Warhammer? Steam will launch another launcher that has all the latest news and info for your game and other games you might own or not by that publisher.

I think one of the most annoying things with Epic launcher exclusivity is they're taking games that were never going to be exclusive to begin with like Metro, Phoenix Point, and The Walking Dead, and forcing people to use their platform if they want to play them now. Exclusives can be ok.. if it doesn't look like you're literally stealing a game from one platform and putting them on a different one. It's sure to piss off a lot of Kickstarter backers that wait years for games to release and then have this shit happen too.

I mean I get it, they're paying off these devs and in some cases funding the development of the actual game (The Walking Dead), but it doesn't make it any less shitty for consumers. I don't really see this going well in the end so I don't care all that much, but I can see why people are so against it

I think a game like Borderlands benefits from having a launcher with a big built-in base of players and community/friend features.

I get that there's Discord and other stuff now, but there are other things that aren't really replicated by other services, and certainly not by Epic, such as cloud saves, achievements, and Gaben bucks.

I think one of the most annoying things with Epic launcher exclusivity is they're taking games that were never going to be exclusive to begin with like Metro, Phoenix Point, and The Walking Dead, and forcing people to use their platform if they want to play them now. Exclusives can be ok.. if it doesn't look like you're literally stealing a game from one platform and putting them on a different one. It's sure to piss off a lot of Kickstarter backers that wait years for games to release and then have this shit happen too.

I mean I get it, they're paying off these devs and in some cases funding the development of the actual game (The Walking Dead), but it doesn't make it any less shitty for consumers. I don't really see this going well in the end so I don't care all that much, but I can see why people are so against it
i do think if a game is kick started (like phoenix point) it's some bs to make it exclusive to epic

bread's done
Back