Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
A game I bought for $10 (in early access) in December 2016 on Steam directly during the winter sale. The Epic freebie was more a marketing scheme to get their name back in the news 6+ months after 1.0 release as they were about to release into early access the stand alone sequel/DLC game into early access. I'm sure Epic paid them for that too on top of the marketing exposure. It was also supposed to be DRM free on Epic but that went away after a few weeks I think.

The game is great and definately worth $20-30 but I doubt I'll bother with the DLC unless they put it on sale for $10 to drum up interest and funding. They didn't have the balls to go Epic only with the DLC surprisingly. I guess the Epic cash wasn't good enough for that.
Let's get all our facts straight. By the time Subnautica was given away by Epic it was no longer some random early access indie trying to get attention. It was an extremely popular game, very well reviewed, and very popular on Twitch. It hadn't gone anywhere near $10 in years and it had only been in the $30 Yogcast bundle like two years before. So, yes, the Subnautica devs were giving it away to drum up interest in the expansion, but it was still a big get of one of the most popular indie games in the last couple of years.

Im not in front on my computer. Only had one price. Heading home in a bit. I'll report back.

I got the new Metro Ultimate for like $30 just for comparison
These are the prices for us down here in Beanerland.

unknown.png

Metro Exodus is 59.99 / 84.99, but that's 'cause Deep Silver are assholes.

See it's a complete hoax that they are trying to sneak across the border into America.  Prices of PC games are cheaper in Mexico so why would anyone leave?

I assume that's the Regular Edition?

What about the price in your regions for Unsanctioned Edition?

Blood Moon Edition?
He already posted the prices two or three posts earlier.

See it's a complete hoax that they are trying to sneak across the border into America. Prices of PC games are cheaper in Mexico so why would anyone leave?
I wish. Mind telling that to Activision?

I'm just happy to know that all the Bloodlines 2 early adopters, whether they order from Steam or Epic, some third-world craphole or Murrikania, will be united the day it releases.

United in unplayable bugs.

Me, I'm gonna wait till its $5 everywhere and maybe by then there'll be a community patch that's ironed out most of the worst glitches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just happy to know that all the Bloodlines 2 early adopters, whether they order from Steam or Epic, some third-world craphole or Murrikania, will be united the day it releases.

Me, I'm gonna wait till its $5 everywhere and maybe by then there'll be a community patch that's ironed out most of the worst glitches.
Cool story bro. Lol

I'm probably going to use laundered steampesos. So eh.

I'm going to wait until it's in the August 2021 Humble Monthly.

Fwiw there are some fairly decent deals it seems in the Ubisoft publisher sale on steam:

Watch Dogs 2 - 85% off, 8.99

South Park Fractured But Whole - 80% off, 11.99

Far Cry Primal - 80% off, 9.99

Rayman Legends - 75% off, 7.49 (it's probably been this cheap or cheaper a number of times by now, but it's such a great platformer i had to include it)

Grow Up - 75% off, 2.49

Watch Dogs - 90% off, 2.99

Fwiw there are some fairly decent deals it seems in the Ubisoft publisher sale on steam:

Rayman Legends - 75% off, 7.49 (it's probably been this cheap or cheaper a number of times by now, but it's such a great platformer i had to include it)

Grow Up - 75% off, 2.49

I also saw:

Bloody Good Time = $1.24

Sum of all Fears (game) = $2.49

Well the Epic game store hasn't gotten me to install their launcher yet! their freebies don't have nearly enough power
Somebody said "The Outer Worlds" a few pages ago and my fingers were clicking on "download epicstorelauncher."

Even more than I enjoy the free games (so far I've only actually played Edith Finch), I just really, really enjoy watching the Steam people getting so triggered by Epic every time an exclusive is announced. When Humble gives away Tacoma but everyone is disappointed because it's a DRM-free download instead of a Steam code, you know PC gamers are beyond redemption. I just want to watch the world burn.
161xegp.jpg

I didn't know your mom was available?

That's why I'm balls deep into the Epic store.
I find this statement hilarious because I'm 12.

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apcwVLJMI78

Probably, yes, but then I thought Troika's game was pretty awesome, bugs and all. I'm probably almost as excited as MysterD about this one.

They would if they actually did something pro-consumer like offering lower prices and significant sales. That's a big reason why Steam was able to effectively corner the market. What Epic does is pro-developer, nothing more. They say it's a 'long-game' to take on Steam but it's more like a 'long-con.'
Even if their discounts and sales were generally better than Steam's, I still likely wouldn't bother buying from Epic. I don't think I'd be alone in that. This is not a case of "if you build it they will come."

So Epic needs to do more to try to actually offer real competition. I'm still probably not going to buy anything from the Epic store, but if enough others do perhaps I get to see the benefit when Steam improves their sales and discounts. I need other people to use Epic to make things better for me on Steam.

Even if their discounts and sales were generally better than Steam's, I still likely wouldn't bother buying from Epic. I don't think I'd be alone in that. This is not a case of "if you build it they will come."

So Epic needs to do more to try to actually offer real competition. I'm still probably not going to buy anything from the Epic store, but if enough others do perhaps I get to see the benefit when Steam improves their sales and discounts. I need other people to use Epic to make things better for me on Steam.
I think Gilby is the Epic Store Mooby.

Grow Up - 75% off, 2.49

Worse Far Cry 5 discount than before, but better discounts on the Watch Dogs franchise. I get the feeling Watch Dogs 2, or Far Cry Primal could end up as Humble Monthly headliners, as The Division was a couple of months ago.

My point is let's not kid ourselves into believing their goal is competition.

Looks like to pretty much match the Spring Sale going until 3/25 on the ubi store.

I haven't done this yet but I've heard the the 20% code you can buy with ubi points can be purchased multiple times now. It's even working on New Dawn, even though it officially doesn't work on "new releases" (< 3 mo.)

I get tired of Ubi open world games pretty quickly and there's a lot of copypasta. Will I even really play all of New Dawn Complete for $$32? Rayman origins/legends is probably my favorite title of theirs.

Epic store will have some gains in popularity, but their strategy cannot be sustained long term.  Valve just has way more money and a huge head start on them.  Maybe if Epic makes Half Life 3 rather than buying "exclusivity" rights for games.  I at least hope they add some features to their client.  I really like Steam's accessibility features for controllers, that's why pc is my main gaming machine.

Excited to pick up Sekiro if AMD does not send my Div 2 key in the next two weeks.

Fanatical has this Dollar Underground Bundle for $1 (duh!).

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-underground-bundle

I hadn't spent a dime on Fanatical since it was called BundleStars.  Anyway, I bought it for Gryphon Knight Epic, but I have read good things about Soul Gambler and Trip to Vinelands.  Apparently, Fluffy Horde has some fans too.

For the few hours that I am able to spend playing games these days, it was just the right price for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back