Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
But what about the amazing story of the Borderlands series?
i can't really wrap my head around all the deep philosophical underpinnings behind its commentary on the interplay between gun control arguments and the plight of the proletariat so im one of the few people out that who are just in it for gameplay

From the thumbnail I thought Goragoa was $2.39 at first (turned out that was just the soundtrack). Not buying it for $8.99. Hoping I'll get to play it eventually, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to personally congratulate aspyrbash on being an active CAG member for 6 months.

You've outlasted Amazon Josh, Hamble Rep, and a few others (especially Yanni Cappuccino of Groupees who was only here for a day to tell Motoki he'd slap him around like a whiny bitch but that's beside the point...).

Anyway, aspyrbash is one of us now. Pretty soon they'll be grumbling about Borderplands DLC, Epic exclusives, Humble selling out, pineapple on pizza, and everything in between.
We had a Humble rep?

50% off for day 1 ain't terrible.
Got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

How does Activision (I'm assuming) decide what CoD games to have you guys port to Mac?
And how come BO1 has a separate Mac edition (which is surprisingly not on sale) but this doesn't?

Not complaining, just curious. But I understand if this is too much inside baseball to publicly disclose.

Also, tell them to put the Warchest (1, UO and 2) on sale for 75% off so I can finally buy it. Thanks. :bouncy:
Thank you! I'm the guy that always makes pit stops at clearance racks, so I'm glad to be welcomed and memed :)

The separate app is just a result of Steam's age. (At the time), it was a way to distinguish PC purchases vs Mac purchases. With the advent of Steamplay, that instance is just a legacy of how the store used to work. I think we all agree that Steamplay is a better solution, and there's tech to detect which OS you're purchasing from, which simplifies the accounting.

It's a two-sided conversation on which games get ported. And the conversation mostly boils down to what you'd expect (popularity, technology, and current Mac hardware).

We're always fighting for the best deals, so I'll see what we can do. Industry trends on older titles y'all are aware of though. It's hard to get those really deep discounts approved on digital. We're trying though!

Cool stuff.
Yeah, I suppose most of us take Steamplay for granted. I admittedly forgot there was probably a time when Mac and Linux ports were pretty rare and could necessitate an entirely separate purchase.

Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

Does anyone here game on a Mac? Just curious. Totally won't make fun of you for admitting.
If we are being completely honest... I'll probably make fun of anyone who admits it.

New world tier and stronghold came out for the Division today. Pretty damn good. My gear feels completely useless now. Hard and Challenging are to be respected.

Mods changed... The AR extended mods are only good for 10 extra rounds now.

Chem Launcher, you now double tap it to drop a heal on the ground below you... I don't feel like it's working as intended. Very clunky.

Hopefully I adjust or they readjust it.

Humble Bundle April 2019

Mutant Year Zero: Road To Eden

Northgard

Absolver

MINIT

Tannenberg

She Remembers Caterpillars 

Steel Rats

Dandara

A Short Hike (Humble Exclusive)

Next Month - Assassins Creed Origins

Well, I've almost bought AC:Origins for ~$15 about 3 times in the last month, but something kept making me say 'I'll pull the trigger later', then completely forget. I guess that worked in my favor this time. Humble, you win me for another month (but what about that season pass tho?!?)

Wow, Origins next month and I actually already have it. More importantly, Is it a Uplay code or an Epic code? ;)

Tannenberg was actually on my wishlist so not a bad month overall. Four games I had wanted to play.

Well, I've almost bought AC:Origins for ~$15 about 3 times in the last month, but something kept making me say 'I'll pull the trigger later', then completely forget. I guess that worked in my favor this time. Humble, you win me for another month (but what about that season pass tho?!?)
same boat here...season pass is 13 on Fanatical through the weekend, so 25 for Origins Gold plus whatever else unlocks. very tempting

I game on a Mac. A mid-2010 Macbook Pro. Using the trackpad.

And somehow I still don’t suck as much at online shooters as most of the people I see playing them.

Surprising that Origins ended up in the Humble Monthly instead of Watch_Dogs 2, given how many discounts that title had been getting lately. Still could show up sometime later, and release date isn't always a good predictor eg. Deus Ex Mankind Divided was bundled before Just Cause 3. Just got Origins from Barter, but finding trades is made more difficult by the extensive region locking. 

Only benefit of playing Borderlands 1 these days is that you'll realize how much better the game was tone-wise before Anthony Burch inserted his cringe-worthy meme-fest humor into the series.  BL1 had some humor but, overall, it was understated and the atmosphere was more sci-fi western. 

It's still a good game and I'm going to play it a bit more in light of the remaster, but mechanically speaking BL2 is superior in almost every facet.

Only benefit of playing Borderlands 1 these days is that you'll realize how much better the game was tone-wise before Anthony Burch inserted his cringe-worthy meme-fest humor into the series. BL1 had some humor but, overall, it was understated and the atmosphere was more sci-fi western.

It's still a good game and I'm going to play it a bit more in light of the remaster, but mechanically speaking BL2 is superior in almost every facet.
In general I'd agree. I played Zero in BL2 thinking he'd be similar to Mordekai in BL1 (who I enjoyed playing)... I was wrong. Didn't really like the character... Maybe I'll get to play Claptrap in BL3...

Only benefit of playing Borderlands 1 these days is that you'll realize how much better the game was tone-wise before Anthony Burch inserted his cringe-worthy meme-fest humor into the series. BL1 had some humor but, overall, it was understated and the atmosphere was more sci-fi western.

"boner farts"! LOOOL

same boat here...season pass is 13 on Fanatical through the weekend, so 25 for Origins Gold plus whatever else unlocks. very tempting
correct me if I am wrong but i thought Gold edition = base game + Deluxe Pack + Season Pass

So $25 isn't the Gold Edition as you thought it would be.

correct me if I am wrong but i thought Gold edition = base game + Deluxe Pack + Season Pass

So $25 isn't the Gold Edition as you thought it would be.
ahhh you are correct; deluxe is some clothes/weapons, a mission and some ability points. if origins is anything like odyssey the gear would get switched out pretty quick and the points would be gained anyway, so it's a mission you'd be missing. SP by itself is probably good enough for me.

I've been debating for a few days and can't make up my mind on my own so I need help. Is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel worth playing or not?
The first third or so of the game has one of the most annoying characters I have ever encountered in a video game. After that the game picks up and is quite good, not BL2 good but still pretty good.

I've been debating for a few days and can't make up my mind on my own so I need help. Is Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel worth playing or not?
While BLTPS is not quite up to BL2 in terms of gameplay, I actually enjoyed more of the character classes. All of them in fact. I'm just not a Zer0 fan (though loved Mordecai from BL1) and I typically skip Sal because he's practically OP most of the time. And jetpacking and slamming around is fun. So, yeah, it's worth playing.

I think many have switched already (I was lazy and only recently swapped extensions), but I added this to the second post for those who are new.

Augmented Steam - Based on Enhanced Steam and maintained by IsThereAnyDeal

I think many have switched already (I was lazy and only recently swapped extensions), but I added this to the second post for those who are new.

Wait, there's a list of helpful links in the OP?

...and none of them are for pizza coupons?

what? how dare you! i will always stay faithful to the original. i will never switch o-

*finds out ES doesn't work anymore*

AWSUNUVABITCH!!!!

This needed to be done but they way they chose to implement it is lame as hell.  They are not applying this to games that were review-bombed before Borderlands, even recently.  Some smaller games like Chuchel were fucked over by review-bombing by morons and those negative scores still affect the games overall score.  Either mark all of the big review bombs or piss off, Valve.  

Going to revise my take on Borderlands 1.  It's still worth playing today.  Yeah the original characters have mediocre skill trees but the shooting mechanics are just as fun as in BL2 plus you can actually find good epics and legendaries dropping out in the world and from vending machines without having to farm specific enemies.

Speaking of Borderlands 2, I saw someone playing this mod on a stream and meant to try it out but never got around to it.  You either have to do some hex-editing, use an unupdated version of BL2 or wait for mod updates to use it for now because the high-res update broke modding.  Looks really nice though and improves drops which was my biggest complaint with BL2 over the first one.

https://www.nexusmods.com/borderlands2/mods/115

About 2/3s through She remembers caterpillars and that's also a good puzzle game if you need one.

Art style is nice and puzzles are fun and get increasingly difficult, though I found one of the later game mechanics that is introduced made things a little easier.

Story is 2deep4u but it's just text between puzzles so you can ignore it. I'm hoping that the ending explains things more, but either way I'm having fun with it.

So the latest rumor is Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC in July.

As an Epic exclusive.

So the latest rumor is Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC in July.

As an Epic exclusive.
tenor.gif

bread's done
Back