Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Considering that the intent was to dumb this down for the "Math is hard..." people, how much they fucked up everyone's build is kind of funny. You'd THINK that stuff would retain roughly the same function as before but instead they just changed gear sets and weapon talents and all that seemingly at random.

The exotic holster is now literally the worst holster for a pistol build because it has one talent and that "charges" your pistol as you don't use it. 'The hell, guys?
I didn't look at much but I can only imagine that this simplifying everything is going to hurt the game in the long term... The changes I read about the DZ seem horrible. All those perfect skills from unique gold items are gone. All and all I think I'll be happy enough with a build in a few days and I'll be back to Path of Exile.

I'm a 25% though the expansion... It honestly didn't feel like it took long to get there. I spent a fair amount of time doing side stuff in my first area to liberate it completely.

Edit: Oh from what I've read online skill builds are completely destroyed now. (I just use a turret/health and shoot shit in the face so I'm not a go too expert on stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
The turret seemed even better than I remembered it being but it had been awhile since I played, 336 days according to the game's menu screen and I'm only level 7. I'll probably pick up the expansion when they put it on sale in a few months unless I get hooked like I did in Div1. I just completely got sidetracked last year and had no interest in Div2, especially when I read about that load time bug that lasted a few weeks.

The turret seemed even better than I remembered it being but it had been awhile since I played, 336 days according to the game's menu screen and I'm only level 7. I'll probably pick up the expansion when they put it on sale in a few months unless I get hooked like I did in Div1. I just completely got sidetracked last year and had no interest in Div2, especially when I read about that load time bug that lasted a few weeks.
A lot of people ignore the turret, its damage isn't the greatest, but it does a good job of distracting enemies.

The turret seemed even better than I remembered it being but it had been awhile since I played, 336 days according to the game's menu screen and I'm only level 7.
All the skills got a decent buff back in Update 4 or 5. Turret is a good skill while leveling, both for damage and distraction.

Death Stranding PC version is coming to Steam and EGS on June 2nd, 2020:
https://www.polygon.com/pc/2020/3/2/21161434/death-stranding-pc-release-date-june-2-505-games-half-life

Info:
- Death Stranding PC version is coming June 2, 2020.
- It'll launch on both Steam and Epic Game Store (EGS).
- 505 Games is publishing the PC version.
- PC version will also launch with a Half-Life cross-over
- PC version will support high-framerates & ultra-wide monitors.
- PC version will also have a new Photo Mode.

Calling MysterD! Looking to buy a tremendous new gaming laptop with 512GB SSD, lit keyboard, prefer 17" display if not too pricey. What you got for me?

Calling MysterD! Looking to buy a tremendous new gaming laptop with 512GB SSD, lit keyboard, prefer 17" display if not too pricey. What you got for me?
Just buy a full tower desktop with twin Titan RTX, a top of the line i9, 4tb SSD, and 4k curved ultrawide display.

What are you looking to spend here, $-wise?

What kind of CPU?

Ryzen 5? Ryzen 7?

Intel 7, 8, 9, or 10 series?

What kind of GPU?

AMD? I don't know much - but, you want some equivalent w/ the Nvidia stuff.

Nvidia? 1050? 1060? 1070? 1080? 1650? 1660? 2060? 2070? 2080?

RAM amounts?

In the laptop already, how much you want to start with? 8GB? 16? 32?

Do you want upgrade-ability? How far you want to go, on the upgrade max? 32? 64?

What are you looking to spend here, $-wise?

What kind of CPU?

Ryzen 5? Ryzen 7?

Intel 7, 8, 9, or 10 series?

What kind of GPU?

AMD? I don't know much - but, you want some equivalent w/ the Nvidia stuff.

Nvidia? 1050? 1060? 1070? 1080? 1660? 2060? 2070? 2080?

RAM amounts? 8? 16? 32? Do you want upgrade-ability?
That's a lot of questions! What am I paying you for?!?

Probably not much more than $1000 though, I only have that much left in the TrumpCat Foundation fund.

@TrumpCat

If you're aiming for $1000 or so, we can aim pretty high and well.

Do you want Thunderbolt 3?

Do you plan to later maybe hook-up a small box with a PSU and put a real desktop graphics card in there?

(Side note: Trying this eGPU set-up with TB3 could be PRICEY; and you can lose a lot of performance from the GPU, it's said. I haven't tried it, BTW).

EDIT:

I check Laptop Deals A LOT on Reddit, for deals - https://www.reddit.com/r/LaptopDeals/new/

@TrumpCat

If you're aiming for $1000 or so, we can aim pretty high and well.

Do you want Thunderbolt 3?

Do you plan to later maybe hook-up a small box with a PSU and put a real desktop graphics card in there?

(Side note: Trying this could eGPU set-up with TB3 could be PRICEY).
Sounds like that would also fall off my lap

How's this look?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1513106-REG/acer_nh_q5faa_002_nitro_7_an715_51_752b_i7_9750h.html

or this one's 17"

https://www.newegg.com/p/2WC-000N-00R58?Item=9SIAEYJA4G9357&Description=17%20inch%20gaming%20laptop&cm_re=17_inch_gaming_laptop-_-9SIAEYJA4G9357-_-Product

Most of it looks fine - SSD & Intel CPU look really good here; and the 16 GB RAM is solid.

The 4GB GTX 1650 feels a little weak to me, namely given how good the rest is.

I'm okay w/ 1650's performance (it'll be better than my GTX 1060 6GB), but I really wish that card was 6GB.

I should ask - what are you planning to play for games?
Are you planning any current high-end and/or future AAA titles?

Also, any idea how the thermals are on this thing? I'll see what I can find out, on that front.

B/c if the thermals might suck - you might want to use some app's to undervolt (the CPU and GPU); ThrottleStop (on the CPU, if it's Intel-based) and MSI Afterburner (on the GPU). That way, you can knock some heat down.

I've seen laptops loaded with 6GB 1660 Ti's for around $1000. I think you can get better GPU in there, for around $1K.

Just saw this MainGear laptop at Microcenter for $1000 (on sale, it's normally $1500) with a 6GB 1660 Ti:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/610074/maingear-vector-156-gaming-laptop-computer

EDIT:

I'm not the biggest HP fan, but here's an Omen with 256SSD boot drive & 1TB HDD secondary drive with a 6GB 1660 Ti for $900 at Microcenter:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/607104/hp-omen-15-dc1054nr-156-gaming-laptop-computer---black

It sure looks like it.

That Ryzen 7 3750H should be good. It looks like it's not too much behind the i7 8750H (about 10-20% behind it) - https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-8750H-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3750H/m470418vsm786211

It has the 17'' you are looking for on the screen.

To go even past your above requirement, it has even high 120hz refresh rate, which is awesome for aiming for 120fps if you can get a game to run there; depends on the game. I love high refresh rates; especially for fast-paced games, action games & shooters.

16 GB RAM is fine to start, but it says you could open it up to upgrade for a max-out at 32GB.

512GB on the SSD, which is what you're looking for.

If one of the reviews is on the $ here - also looks like there internally could be an extra bay for another SSD; can always toss in another SSD or HDD, if need be.

6GB GTX 1660 Ti is going to give you really good performance at 1080p.

Not only does this tick all your boxes, it would certainly tick most of mine if I needed a new laptop.

I'm thinking ASUS likely should have better builds & thermals than others from like Acer or HP, in general. I'll have to dig around, to see how this ASUS might be on that stuff.

Make sure you have a solid laptop pad & a toss fan behind the laptop, just to help keep it cooler.

If the thermals are any good, this looks like a real winner to me.

I would seriously wait on any graphical related hardware purchases at this point in time.  All rumors and signs are pointing to Nvidia's Ampere GPUs having a gigantic increase in power. 

Unless it's an emergency, everyone should be waiting until back-to-school/September (or whenever they drop). 

I would seriously wait on any graphical related hardware purchases at this point in time. All rumors and signs are pointing to Nvidia's Ampere GPUs having a gigantic increase in power.

Unless it's an emergency, everyone should be waiting until back-to-school/September (or whenever they drop).
With the way things been going this year(wildfires, WW3, corona, asteroid, etc)... humanity might not make it to back-to-school/September.

Upgrade now or never!

Ampere desktop gpu's are at least 6 months away and who knows when they'd put out the laptop versions.

LAPTOP UPDATE:

Bought this MSI Laptop from CUKUSA.COM

MSI GF65 THIN 9SE-013
i7-9750H
RTX 2060
15.6" Gaming Laptop
RAM1 x 32GB (2 x 16GB) 2666MHz DDR4 RAM
SSD1 1 x 512GB M.2 NVMe 2280 SSD
SSD2 1 x 512GB M.2 NVMe 2280 SSD

Cost $1254 from the TrumpCat Foundation

:whee:
"Tremendous" @ 32GB of RAM.

"Awesome" @ 6GB RTX 2060.

That's a beautiful, beautiful laptop.

source.gif

I bought a gaming laptop a couple months ago. Haven’t used it once (besides installing Throttle Stop to downclock it)

Lenovo legion y740 aluminum body

32gb Ram
15 inch (I think or 17) 400nits
1tb SSD

Rip

I bought a gaming laptop a couple months ago. Haven’t used it once (besides installing Throttle Stop to downclock it)

Lenovo legion y740 aluminum body

32gb Ram
15 inch (I think or 17) 400nits
1tb SSD

Rip
Another tremendous laptop!

What's the CPU?

I was going to tell Trumpcat to wait.  Rumor is Nvidia is going to release laptop versions of their higher end cards soon so you'd expect the mid tier to drop.  Oh well. 

I was going to tell Trumpcat to wait. Rumor is Nvidia is going to release laptop versions of their higher end cards soon so you'd expect the mid tier to drop. Oh well.
Link:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-super-notebook-laptop-gpu-50-percent-faster/

Looks like on mobile 2070 Super vs. mobile 2070 regular, around 50% increase.

Same goes for mobile 2080 v. regular mobile 2080.

Will be interesting to see what they can come up with for a mobile 2060 Super vs. regular.

List of what's coming to XBox PC Game Pass...and also what's leaving:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/04/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-pc-march-2020/

Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for PC
  • Mother Russia Bleeds
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Pikuniku
  • Train Sim World 2020

In Case You Missed It  

• Available Now: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary in Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • March 13 – 15: Bleeding Edge (Beta)
  • March 13: State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition – Xbox One and Windows 10 PC

Leaving Soon
You’ve got some time to give these games another play before they go. Reminder that if you want to keep the fun going, you can use your membership discount buy them before they leave our library for up to 20% off!

• Apocalipsis
  • Lichtspeer Double Speer Edition
  • Shenmue I
  • Shenmue II
  • Thimbleweed Park
  • Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition

bread's done
Back