Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
11:30 AM EST or so - EDITED:

New bundles up on Fanatical.

There's a Leisure Larry Bundle.

There's an Enhanced Bundle, consisting of what looks to be a bunch of Microids games (Syberia 3 and DLC's; Mysterious Island; Agatha Christie: ABC; Moto Racer 4; etc).

And there's another bundle w/ Dead or School; Cat Quest; XBlaze games; and Ninja Showdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
*twitches* This is the only thing they have offered for free that tempts me to install their stupid client. I'll probably forget about it when it is free though since it is just 24 hours and it will not be an issue and I can get it in a bundle cheap in a couple of years and then not play it on Steam instead of not playing it on Epic.

Fanatical offering some decent bundles.

That's the spirit!

Spoken like a true CAG!

EDIT:

Did you buy the DRM-FREE versions of these from AmazonTony, back in the day?

Tony sold on AmazonDVG both Steam and Non-Steam DRM-FREE versions, IIRC.
I dunno. Don't think so. Doubt it.
Never trusted Amazon to host anything consistently after they removed a bunch of digital video content from my account circa 2008/2009, so I'm pretty sure I'd have only bought something with a key.

I can't seem to find the specific og Sega games I do have (Sonic Spinball, Streets of Rage 2, Golden Axe, etc) in my Steam account licenses/purchase/keys/whatever

Fanatical used to be called bundle stars sp? if that's what you are mentioning.  It is nice that their bundles are good again since for a while after the name change they wern't.  I got a pretty nice bundle from them yesterday for 2$.

CAG's, if you're looking for a new solid laptop for gaming and/or desktop for dirt-cheap - check Reddit BuildAPCSales.

WalMart's been cheaping some laptops & desktops.

Laptop w/ 4gb 1050 Ti as low as $249 from MSI; MSI laptop with 6gb 1060's for $349; and seen even a HP desktop listed with 1660 Ti for $150.

None around my area, according to Brickseek.

Since YMMV on availability & prices - check Brickseek and your local store in-store, if you're actually willing.

Good luck w/ finding them and stay safe as you can, if you're out & about. 

Following another post about laptops, I feel the need to mention that tomorrow shipments will begin for the AMD 3300x, an excellent gaming cpu for $120-130.

Well, I just tore through Star Trek Enterprise and really only had two complaints. The title song being changed/sped up after season 2 when they should have just gone to a more fitting instrumental piece like you see in two episodes of season 4 and, well, the last episode itself. The desire/need to tie it into a random episode of TNG is disheartening at best and really disrespectful. I'm actually surprised that Frakes and Sirtis agreed to do it consider that the Next Gen crew was so annoyed with their first movie being tied to Kirk and the rest of TOS. (Also 12 years after that episode neither Frakes and Sirtis looked like their old characters making the ties to that episode even more confusing. Not to mention a serious disconnect in my eyes.

It really is one of the worst finales ever. Which is a shame because Enterprise deserved better. It also deserved more seasons but at the same time... I pretty much told the tales it needed to, it made connections to other Star Trek series, told the early days of Starfleet, showed the struggles of the Human and Vulcan relationship, showed the creation of the alliances that would form the Federation... And, well, it also showed why the Klingons from TOS had smooth foreheads. (We all know it was because of the simplistic special effects of the 60s and likely budget concerns but it told a rather good story for it anyways.)

Also, I think the story arcs of season 4 (and too a lesser extent the season long story arc of season 3) were really well done. Its a shame that TOS or TNG never got to enjoy them. Voyager certain would have been better served by them as it would allow them to better explain time between episodes. DS9 with its war sort of hit on it... but doesn't need it with it being a long war and they did a good job making it feel like it.

Lastly, I want to mention just how amazing of an actor Jeffery Combs is. He played three major characters in two different Star Trek series. Shran, an Andorian in Enterprise, and Weyoun, a Vorta often seen negotiating for the Dominion on DS9, and Brunt, a Ferengi on DS9 that was Quick's nemesis. He often steals the scene, and his work in Enterprise is no different, but I still think his best work was in the DS9 episode Treachery, Faith, and the Great River (S07 E06). Anyhow, I hope they find a role for him in either Discover, Picard, or the newly announced Strange New Worlds. (He also did an episodes of Voyager so he's been in three of the live action series.)

Anyhow, I guess I'll work on Discovery now... Though with only 30 episodes (I assume) of Star Trek left I'll likely slow down and not watch basically only one show but we'll see.

CAG's, if you're looking for a new solid laptop for gaming and/or desktop for dirt-cheap - check Reddit BuildAPCSales.

WalMart's been cheaping some laptops & desktops.

Laptop w/ 4gb 1050 Ti as low as $249 from MSI; MSI laptop with 6gb 1060's for $349; and seen even a HP desktop listed with 1660 Ti for $150.

None around my area, according to Brickseek.

Since YMMV on availability & prices - check Brickseek and your local store in-store, if you're actually willing.

Good luck w/ finding them and stay safe as you can, if you're out & about.
This post offends me because it's not about EPIC game deals.

scott bakula star trek I enjoyed until the awful nebula arc. the stupid alternate time line eps that served no purpose and then the rushed time skips at the end.  That nebula section was just so badly written for the most part and with all the war crimes they committed they really had no moral standing once it was close to being finished.  It also started to get into voyager territory where they didn't explain how they were able to replace all the frequently dying crew members and repair and resupply the frequently severely damaged ship.  The dr and tpol were pretty awesome characters. It's weird that they never mentioned a female vulcan was the longest lasting member on a non vulcan ship.  Seeing most of her back story and character development was impressive and I kinda wish the other characters had even remotely close to hers.  British guy was a tool and I really wish they had killed him off.  I honestly couldn't stand him for most of the series.

Oh and I agree on the tng cross over one as that was badly done and must have been one of those alt timeline things since in tng he had already confronted his past by that point.

I'm kinda bothered that you never see prettymuch any of the species from the series again though.  Especially the blue antenna ones since i would think they'd show those again.

So I'm an episode and a half into ST: Discovery and, OMG, is it bad. And to be honest I'm not sure how anyone who worked on this show has watched more than a handful of hours of ST. This is suppose to be 10 years before TOS? Why does all the technology look like its fron 300 year after TNG? What happened to the Klingons?

Just so disrespectful... I'm going to try my best to get through but it really is going to be at a slow pace.

Just gonna say, I watched Enterprise as it aired, but I avoided previews/trailers.  So when the two part 4th season episode with the instrumental intro started and I realized what was going on, I was beyond excited.

Music is so weird. 

Right now, I think the thing that blows my mind is that Nike is using a version of "Life on Mars" in an ad. 
It's a David Bowie song, though the version they're using done by Trent Reznor to be use for the HBO series Watchmen. 
Bowie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKcl4-tcuo
Reznor and Atticus Ross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fQhHBuvc0

It's jarring and makes almost no sense as a song to be used in relation to sports or in an advertisement, especially one narrated by LeBron James and about how we're gonna keep fighting and come back. 

Nike Ad: https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/nikes-latest-anthem-narrated-by-lebron-james-is-filled-with-hope-for-a-broken-world/?fbclid=IwAR0rNn3H76jPPU0tV728OEEHPgcKvKKqL8r4Tvci1V4s3i6tARWjLMhzi7M

Seriously?  How the hell do you take a song a song that's primarily about disappointment and disenfranchisement and completely invert it? Is it just no respect for the source material, and because the now stripped-down, slowed pace instrumental now sounds even more ponderous and meaningful so you just try to slap whatever on top of it? 

(LeBron's message in the ad is actually pretty great. It just clashes with the song so much...)

Well 99% of the people that see that commercial will not know what the song is or have a clue what the meaning is and they know that.  Songs in commercials rarely make any sense in relation to the commercial, if the music sounds upbeat/calming or whatever they are looking for they use it.  Even most of the people that recognize the song probably have no idea what it is about unless they were a Bowie fan to begin with. 

Every Breath You Take by the Police used to be a favorite dedication song on call in radio programs to girlfriends and such and it is about stalking someone.  People do not pay attention to lyrics or meaning they just like the sound of it.  It sounds like a love song so it must be one.    

Glad to see KOA: Reckoning getting a re-master here. Really enjoyed that game.

KOA:R base-game was good - but also, the DLC's were really good, even at the very least. They felt like they both had a lot of personality, character, and whatnot (especially Dead Kel DLC) - when compared to a lot of the bulk of the base-game.

Now, for the DLC's in particular - Dead Kel was great; and Teeth of Naros was pretty good too.

Will be glad to see it on Steam, especially GOG (if it's DRM-FREE), and other places...without any Origin ties.

What I'd really like more so than anything is...more difficulties added. Sure, they can keep what's there already for those who don't want the challenge - but, I think it needs more challenge for some gamers.

The game, even on its Hardest difficulty, the game out-the-box can just get WAY too easy if you do a lot of the game's side quests. You'll get way too over-powered, if you do a lot of the game's content. And this game certainly has plenty of content.

Side note -  Never tried HeartCore mod, which supposedly ramps up difficulty, so I can't speak on that.

Whole lot of EA games scheduled for release today on Steam (Make sure it's sorted by release date to see them all)

Crysis 3, Unraveled 1 + 2, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mirror's Edge Catalyst among them. I would assume all these games will be part of the upcoming EA Access offered via Steam.

Steam_Subs_Banner.png

Whole lot of EA games scheduled for release today on Steam (Make sure it's sorted by release date to see them all)

Crysis 3, Unraveled 1 + 2, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mirror's Edge Catalyst among them. I would assume all these games will be part of the upcoming EA Access offered via Steam.

Steam_Subs_Banner.png
Interesting enough, some of the newer titles - like DA:I and NFS: Rivals - still also require Origin installation here on Steam-version. It's listed on the EULA section on the right-side.

I'm curious - are Origin games on Steam going to be like UPlay games are on Steam, where Steam-version has an Origin-lite version here basically without the store-front?

EDIT - Interesting enough, I don't see the following on Steam: Madden 2020, Dragon Age 2, and Mass Effect 3.

EDIT 2 - Okay, Dragon Age 2 base-game and DA2: DLC Package is now listed on Steam. Probably still adding titles and stuff.

Interesting enough, some of the newer titles - like DA:I and NFS: Rivals - still also require Origin installation here on Steam-version. It's listed on the EULA section on the right-side.

I'm curious - are Origin games on Steam going to be like UPlay games are on Steam, where Steam-version has an Origin-lite version here basically without the store-front?

EDIT - Interesting enough, I don't see the following on Steam: Madden 2020, Dragon Age 2, and Mass Effect 3.

EDIT 2 - Okay, Dragon Age 2 base-game and DA2: DLC Package is now listed on Steam. Probably still adding titles and stuff.
Hopefully they're preparing for a new HUMBLE ORIGIN BUNDLE! AMIALTRITE?

I totally am not tweeting this from my bunker. Already inspected it 8 times this week.

The Steam version of Amalur went on sale plenty of times.  I believe I got it for $5 years ago.  Not sure what a re-master is going to do....  the game is laughably easy, even on the hardest difficulty.  The game world is sterile and empty and smacks of Curt Schilling wanting to make his own World of Warcraft (many of the 'zones' ape WoW so much it's staggering).  In short, it's hyper-generic despite the fun combat.  It is, at best, an unfinished budget title that should have been priced around $15 retail.

The Steam version of Amalur went on sale plenty of times. I believe I got it for $5 years ago. Not sure what a re-master is going to do.... the game is laughably easy, even on the hardest difficulty. The game world is sterile and empty and smacks of Curt Schilling wanting to make his own World of Warcraft (many of the 'zones' ape WoW so much it's staggering). In short, it's hyper-generic despite the fun combat. It is, at best, an unfinished budget title that should have been priced around $15 retail.
Man, I wish the Joystiq article was still online about this.

(Link redirects to Engadget main page now - OG link: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/28/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-2-was-in-pre-production/).

BHG (Big Huge Games) made KOA:R, not 38 Studios.

38 Studios (in Rhode Island) was busy working on Copernicus (KOA MMO) for 5 years. 38 Studios did not work on the assets or much of anything for KOA:R.

BHG reworked Ascendant (a cancelled game with THQ, after THQ folded) to fit into KOA IP, once Curt bought out BHG.

Supposedly, at least $105 million was spent on Copernicus alone - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/38-studios-spent-133-million-before-bankruptcy/1100-6388664/

Some quotes from Joystiq article:

Speaking to former Big Huge Games employees, we asked what they felt was the most inaccurate portrayal of the 38 Studios implosion by the media. They expressed that Reckoning's development being tied to 38 Studios Rhode Island has been the biggest gaffe.

Former BHG employees repeatedly tell Joystiq that 38 Rhode Island did give info and guidance about the Amalur IP, but it didn't produce any assets for Reckoning. In terms of the day-to-day work, the Rhode Island team "didn't work on it at all."

"Reckoning was developed with EA publishing money, NOT Rhode Island tax dollars," a former BHG employee told us. "It had nothing to do with the $50 million dollars from RI. That money went directly to the MMO project."

^ I know all that.  But given the glaring similarities in numerous zones/locations in Amalur to WoW I refuse to believe they are being 100% honest.

^ I know all that. But given the glaring similarities in numerous zones/locations in Amalur to WoW I refuse to believe they are being 100% honest.
I haven't played WoW...or much of it (during the trial), I should say.

Are you saying that they (38 Studios and/or BHG) basically took a lot of WoW's assets, art, designs, zones, and areas - and copied, modified, "sampled/re-interpolated", and/or lifted it?

So..completely unrelated to anything but, has anybody noticed that if you add some games to your cart from a bundle then add the bundle, and remove the individual games from your cart, it'll still show the bundle as giving you the other ones only but still has the additional bundle discount? 

Edit: I even confused myself with that paragraph, or rather that sentence.

Picture explanation:

I added two games from this bundle and then the bundle itself.

[attachment=34108:1st actual.PNG]

I removed the games and it kept the discount on the other two

[attachment=34110:2.PNG]

Looks like you can link your Origin games over to Steam, if you so choose.

But, you might need to first buy an EA Origin required game on Steam first, to do so.

Link from EA forums - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Dragon-Age-Inquisition-in-Steam/m-p/9174130#M78725

Info on Origin and Steam linking - https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/troubleshooting-ea-games-on-steam/
I've never done a refund on steam before but I saw a review on one of the newer EA games claiming they did so maybe you can buy > link accounts > refund steam game.

I've got Dragon Age II on origin but was interested in grabbing the DLC on steam since it's on sale.

I just updated Origin itself (No Steam). Checked the settings - yeah, no option to link Steam though there (without buying a game on Steam that required Origin).

So, maybe they added something to Steam-versions for Origin's install or when you run the game, in which asks you if you want to do the account link?

Well, shit

I have 2 Origin accounts, through no fault of my own (that's almost certainly not true) and somehow I managed to split my franchises between each, so that account A might have all the Dragon Ages and account B maybe has my Battlefields. Wonder if there's a fix for that in the works...

I haven't played WoW...or much of it (during the trial), I should say.

Are you saying that they (38 Studios and/or BHG) basically took a lot of WoW's assets, art, designs, zones, and areas - and copied, modified, "sampled/re-interpolated", and/or lifted it?
Not literally ripped their assets but the art/look of zones and cities is uncanny. And Schilling was a huge WoW fan.

I just updated Origin itself (No Steam). Checked the settings - yeah, no option to link Steam though there (without buying a game on Steam that required Origin).

So, maybe they added something to Steam-versions for Origin's install or when you run the game, in which asks you if you want to do the account link?
I tried to install some EA games that I already had on my account and it doesn't try to connect to Origin for any of them. (I was hoping that they might update something to try it... but alas...)

I'll wait to see if there is a way to connect the two at some other time.

In the mean time, I still need to try and merge two of my accounts (actually have three due to DS vs. PS3 vs. PC issues at one point.)

https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality

Itch.io with the Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality. 744 items, $5 minimum with the proceeds splitting between the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund and Community Bail Fund.

No Steam keys. Just direct downloads and adding it to your itch.io library.

Probably a heck of a lot of garbage in there, but also some really decent stuff like Night in the Woods, Minit, and Oxenfree.

This is a highlights page:

https://itch.io/c/891735/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality-selections

For $5 minimum I wont complain for no keys. I want the games and I play visual novels not on Steam all the time. This bundle will get me pretty highly wanted games like Haque, Knights of the Card Table (maybe a bit too basic for my tastes and Wide Ocean Big Jacket. Also note that current Humble Choices The Stillness of the Wind and The King's Bird are in this bundle.

For those who do get that itch.io bundle, follow this guide on reddit on how to add all those games on each page to your account instead of clicking Download one by one.

Edit: It seems the script was taken down by request of itchi.io staff, but all games are properly owned and they will eventually have an option to display your entire purchases in your library.

I’m hoping that I did this properly: I purchased an itch.io Racial Justice Bundle to gift. Please DM me if you would like one. After I confirm with the first person that the link works, I’ll buy a few more and share them out to other people who DM me.

I hope that there are no issues with me making this offer. I’m just trying to help but will remove this post if there are any issues.

bread's done
Back