Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Yeah I spent 45 min on it to no success.  Had one in cart on both Bby and newegg sites to have them simply crash during checkout process.

Going back to actual job.  Hope those still trying manage to land a stray one.

NewEgg:

Control: Ultimate Edition - Steam [game code] = $21.99

Use Promo CODE - EMCGDFR57

Control: Ultimate contains:

• Control (Base-Game)
  • Control: The Foundation DLC
  • Control: AWE DLC.

SIDE NOTES:

• Control Ultimate is still cheaper on Epic, if you have a $10 coupon to make it $17.99 AC (after coupon)...and don't mind having it over there on Epic; and don't mind giving Sweeney some $.
  • According to ITAD: this is the cheapest the Steam-version has been, in case you are looking for that Steam- version and/or looking to buy other stuff on Epic w/ the coupon (such as Shenmue 3 or Disco Elysium).

Last edited by a moderator:
Epic Game Store:

Free Games Section - https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

This Week's Freebies:

• Blair Witch
  • Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Remastered

Next Week's Freebie:

• WarGame: Red Dragon
Thanks for the updates to MDGS, Cyberdyne drone.

Finally got my desktop set up, after having issues with Newegg and people stealing Amazon packages. Ended up with the MasterLiquid 240ML, which was on sale for much cheaper than the 360 with ARGB. Amazon listings indicated that the one I got was a newer version, even though the 2018 360ML model looks nicer.

Also got the Lian Li Lancool II case based on Nothing's suggestion (and the discounted case was too short to use the liquid cooler in). It's a damn fine case with some great features, though I wish the side doors opened without needing to remove the front first. Newegg's refund for the cheap case only amounted to around $12, so I decided to keep it for use with older parts I have from 2014-2015.

Missed out on the 3070 like most everyone else. The 5700XT is a pretty big step up from my laptop's 1050Ti, so I should be fine with 1440p gaming for several years yet. Coincidentally, that's probably when the 3070 will come back in stock...

NewEgg:

Control: Ultimate Edition - Steam [game code] = $21.99

Use Promo CODE - EMCGDFR57

Control: Ultimate contains:

• Control (Base-Game)
  • Control: The Foundation DLC
  • Control: AWE DLC.

SIDE NOTES:

• Control Ultimate is still cheaper on Epic, if you have a $10 coupon to make it $17.99 AC (after coupon)...and don't mind having it over there on Epic.
  • According to ITAD: this is the cheapest the Steam-version has been, in case you are looking for that Steam- version and/or looking to buy other stuff on Epic w/ the coupon (such as Shenmue 3 or Disco Elysium).
I really enjoyed this game - have the standard version on Epic. Are there any reasons I should pick this up on Steam? Also in general, what are, if any, advantages to owning a game on Steam vs. Epic? I've heard quite a few people who say they don't like Epic but any other reasons outside of exclusivity deals are unclear.

I really enjoyed this game - have the standard version on Epic. Are there any reasons I should pick this up on Steam? Also in general, what are, if any, advantages to owning a game on Steam vs. Epic? I've heard quite a few people who say they don't like Epic but any other reasons outside of exclusivity deals are unclear.
I don't own the game anywhere yet.

Epic version is actually DRM-FREE, even including the DLC's -

Info on PC Gaming Wiki on DRM for Epic version - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Control

Info on this on GOG Thread about No DRM on Epic - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/epic_store_games_you_can_play_without_the_epic_launcher/post250

No clue on if Steam-version can be ran without Steam running in background; and/or if that works DRM-FREE style while not running Steam. [shrug]

About Steam advantages - I guess it's that you own the game on Steam and have whatever Steam benefits it has over there. Looks like Steam-version for this game has Steam Cloud support; Steam Achievements; and Remote Play on TV/Android/Phone.

Content-wise: I also don't know if it's worth you re-buying the entire game just for the DLC's for $22...more or less.

Supposedly...Foundation is around 4-5 hours; and AWE is 2-5 hours (depending on how much side stuff you do).

No, there's really no reason to rebuy anything on Steam other than people who are Steam super fan boys. The only situation would be if say the complete version was cheaper on Steam than buying the DLCs on Epic.

No, there's really no reason to rebuy anything on Steam other than people who are Steam super fan boys. The only situation would be if say the complete version was cheaper on Steam than buying the DLCs on Epic.
@Fox

Interesting enough - on Epic Store, as someone who doesn't own any Control stuff there...

I see Control: Season Pass and its DLC's themselves unable to be purchased; the boxes are grayed-out.

I can only buy Control base-game or Control: Ultimate now.

I wonder if owners of Control (base-game) on Epic Store, can still buy Season Pass or DLC's separately.

If that is the case & base-game owners can buy Season Pass and they have a $10 coupon - they could get the Season Pass (just to get Foundation DLC and AWE DLC) for $4.99 AC.

@BigTyme

See my above stuff in this post to Fox.

If you can still have an option to buy Control: Season Pass on Epic Store and you have a $10 coupon...that might be the way to go, if you really want those DLC's...if you can't find $10 coupon to spend on anything else.

Absolutely unequivocal shitshow. Now I'm hoping AMD drinks Nvidia's milkshake.
Near zero chance that the AMD launches go much better. There are too many component shortages and too much demand. Buyers being unable to secure 3080s and now 3070s just leaves even more demand in the market. It's nice to hope for better from AMD but the lack of 3100 and 3300x restocks in the US leave me pretty pessimistic for the Big Navi stock to be much more plentiful.

Interesting enough - on Epic Store, as someone who doesn't own any Control stuff there...

I see Control: Season Pass and its DLC's themselves unable to be purchased; the boxes are grayed-out.

I can only buy Control base-game or Control: Ultimate now.

I wonder if owners of Control (base-game) on Epic Store, can still buy Season Pass or DLC's separately.

If that is the case & base-game owners can buy Season Pass and they have a $10 coupon - they could get the Season Pass (just to get Foundation DLC and AWE DLC) for $4.99 AC.
Yes, I have the base game owned on Epic and can still purchase the season pass as well as the expansions separately. I had 2 $10 coupons that I already used on Hades and Mortal Shell but I'm still willing to pay the $14.99 for the season pass which is $10 less than what it used to be.

Near zero chance that the AMD launches go much better. There are too many component shortages and too much demand. Buyers being unable to secure 3080s and now 3070s just leaves even more demand in the market. It's nice to hope for better from AMD but the lack of 3100 and 3300x restocks in the US leave me pretty pessimistic for the Big Navi stock to be much more plentiful.
There probably will be more AMD stocks, but since there is a built up demand they will go just as fast. The 3070 launch today pretty much showed it was just due to the gddr6x being used in the 3080 that was causing limited stocks, since every microcenter had 100 or more 3070's ready to go at every store.

These things will always sell out online though, online stores cannot keep enough stocks to supply the worldwide demand of everyone trying to buy them there (plus you have bots to contend with), but local stores seem to be better. I.e. my local microcenter still has a handful of 3070's available hours after opening.

There probably will be more AMD stocks, but since there is a built up demand they will go just as fast. The 3070 launch today pretty much showed it was just due to the gddr6x being used in the 3080 that was causing limited stocks, since every microcenter had 100 or more 3070's ready to go at every store.

These things will always sell out online though, online stores cannot keep enough stocks to supply the worldwide demand of everyone trying to buy them there (plus you have bots to contend with), but local stores seem to be better. I.e. my local microcenter still has a handful of 3070's available hours after opening.
I agree about online being tough, but I don't understand the logic that having 100 at launch is a reflection of gddr6x availability. They delayed the launch what, 2 weeks? Meanwhile since launch microcenters have been getting anywhere from 5-12 3080s a day, so if they waited 2 weeks for the 3080s, they would have had 100 ready to go for that launch too, right?

I dont know if they've actually been getting that many 3080s. I was in mine a couple weeks back so talked with one of the guys, he said they only get a handful a week, not every day. They get maybe a couple on normal trucks, and then maybe another couple via random dropships they dont even see coming. Thats it, per week

Anyone who thinks there's going to be ample Day One stocks of the 6800XT or that Best Buy/Newegg/Amazon/etc are going to handle that internet traffic better is kidding themselves. 

That sounds like Nvidia fanboy bitterness talking.

I'll be getting my new 6900XT to pair with my Ryzen 5950X when I casually stroll into Best Buy after work since AMD knows how to handle demand.

Yup, I doubt AMD figured Nvidia would fail so badly at delivering their new cards especially after the hype machine craziness. AMD months ago would be figuring enough cards to justify their percentage of the market space, so maybe 20-30% of cards sold total. Maybe 200k cards available? Hard to say. Rumors are Nvidia has had 50k 3080s available worldwide since release instead of say 300k+.

With the performance numbers out (well AMD's numbers), shortage of Team Green cards, the hype for AMD cards goes up even more and its going to be rough getting a new card this season.

Thankfully I don't need a new card so it won't be hard to wait and see what the reviews say, user experience is and what the good and bad models are over the next 3-6 months.

At this rate I think Nvidia might be bringing out new 3070/80 Super or Ti variants in 6-10 months anyway. Maybe some good deals on used RTX 2000 cards though.

I agree about online being tough, but I don't understand the logic that having 100 at launch is a reflection of gddr6x availability. They delayed the launch what, 2 weeks? Meanwhile since launch microcenters have been getting anywhere from 5-12 3080s a day, so if they waited 2 weeks for the 3080s, they would have had 100 ready to go for that launch too, right?
I believe that he's absolutely right. Both Nvidia and their AiB partners would be making more 3080s and 3090s if they could, with the allocation of their factories' fabrication. Higher models = more money.

Color me shocked that there were this many 3070s available today. Great news for people waiting for 3080s too. This should alleviate some of the pressure. Just gotta wait this one out patiently.

Took quite a bit of tinkering but I just got my 3080 to play nice with my OLEDB9 and it's something to behold. So far Watch Dogs is pretty much the culmination of everything I hate about Ubisoft games but it sure looks neat.

The clothing/haircuts/makeup that people wear in contemporary Ubisoft games has always enraged me and after seeing this game in action on a 3080...let's just say I am triggered.
Why would this trigger you?

ytmwmqgvuk431.jpg

I don't suppose Steam Wallet cards are discounted anywhere.  This Halloween sale is a pleasant and potentially expensive surprise.

I think I have officially reached my tapping out point for Crown Trick.

Pros:

Good graphics
Easy to learn gameplay

Slightly more action like than usual rogue games

Not a lot to track other than lots of artifacts, weapon abilities and familiar abilities

There is a story, though it's not amazing

Cons:

Very repetitive after a while mainly due to the lack of variety

Familiars that never change or level up or anything

Many of the same bosses in the runs

Weapons even in higher rarities feel somewhat similar with just a little change here or there for abilities

Very hard after beating the game once

I was addicted for a bit and felt this was a good rogue game to play. It wasn't hard to learn and looked nice. I can't say that anymore though. I'm so tired of the same old bosses, weapon abilities that barely matter sometimes and just a lot feels generic. It's an OK starter rogue game complexity wise, but there are better ones like Dungeons of Dredmore and Sword of the Stars: The Pit that aren't super easy to learn, but also not as complex as like Nethack or ADOM. There is just not enough difference between runs is all. Also the difficulty for some bosses is through the roof while some others are push overs. I don't want to ruin the secrets of them. Also the controls feel a bit wonky sometimes and I didn't target things as well as I wanted. I'm done with the game after about 14 hours, but I would recommend it bundled or very cheap. There are good things, but it frustrates more often than it should. Also the familiar system is not amazing and they never change. 6/10

Phasmophobia is 10% off. Best deal in the Halloween sale.
Does it come with a GoodRx card so people can get their blood pressure medication at a discount as well? Seriously, game is the heart attack that keeps on giving. Way too many jump scares. I'm much more receptive to shambling horrors like in Amnesia than random scary image appearing in my face with a loud noise.

I remember pulling the CGA graphics card out of my PC XT and installing my first VGA card to drive a 14" monitor that I ordered from the cheapest random retailer through the computer trader catalog. I later learned how lucky I was to have just happened on one of the few VGA cards that worked in the XT I had. Oh and the whine from that monitor still haunts me.

I've spent the better part of the day building my kid a PC out of my spare parts housed in a super sweet classic case from 2006, and I've come to learn that people might consider this case retro? Kids today...

Check it out. She sure is beautiful coffee:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000KMT3CO/
Hah! My Commodore 64 had superior graphics to your XT-based PC, sucka.

Why would this trigger you?

ytmwmqgvuk431.jpg
This is what I like to refer to as "business casual."

Does it come with a GoodRx card so people can get their blood pressure medication at a discount as well? Seriously, game is the heart attack that keeps on giving. Way too many jump scares. I'm much more receptive to shambling horrors like in Amnesia than random scary image appearing in my face with a loud noise.
After playing for a while you do not get caught off guard as often but it does happen, yeah. It is much less tense with a group than it is solo, I actually kinda like playing solo part of the time because it so freaking creepy that way. I hate it and I love it. I am actually a bit of a chicken when it comes to horror so it is weird that I like this game so well. Or maybe horror just doesn't get to me as much as it used to.

My favorite moment so far was when I was playing with a friend and the ghost's name was something that reminded us of Tombstone and we kept referencing it. It was on amateur difficulty where sometimes ghosts can be so unaggressive as to be a pain to get info on or get a photo of and after several minutes with nothing happening other than it occasionally saying "die" into the spirit box, we were actually getting a bit bored. I started doing everything I could to piss it off and none of the trigger words were working so finally I say "maybe haunting just isn't your game, (ghost name). I know, lets having a spelling bee!" and the damn thing appeared directly in front of my face, started hunting and killed me before I could recover enough to react.

All of this PC retro talk is taking back to the days when I had an IBM followed by COMPAQ PCs.  We used to go with my Dad to stores like Egg Head and COMPUSA to either get parts and software for the computers in the house.  I'm remembering games like CODENAME: ICEMAN, 7th Guest, Kings Quest., The Last Ninja, that RoboCop PC game, the OG Prince of Persia, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, plenty more including the Reader Rabbit games that my Dad insisted we play. 

Those were some good times.

For all those buying 3080's & 3090's before Dec. 10, you can get COD: Black Ops - Cold War for free w/ certain retailers:

VG 247 - https://www.vg247.com/2020/10/30/buy-geforce-rtx-3080-3090-get-call-duty-black-ops-cold-war/

NVidia Website - https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/campaigns/cod-black-ops-cold-war-bundle/

Info:

- For all those buying 3080's & 3090's before Dec. 10, you can get COD: Black Ops - Cold War for free w/ certain retailers.

- Those retailers: Microcenter, Best Buy, NewEgg, Canada Computers, and Memory Express.

All of this PC retro talk is taking back to the days when I had an IBM followed by COMPAQ PCs. We used to go with my Dad to stores like Egg Head and COMPUSA to either get parts and software for the computers in the house. I'm remembering games like CODENAME: ICEMAN, 7th Guest, Kings Quest., The Last Ninja, that RoboCop PC game, the OG Prince of Persia, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, plenty more including the Reader Rabbit games that my Dad insisted we play.

"Dad, I want to play Doom!"

"Okay, but you have to play two hours of Reader Rabbit first."

For all those buying 3080's & 3090's before Dec. 10, you can get COD: Black Ops - Cold War for free w/ certain retailers:

[...]
- Those retailers: Microcenter, Best Buy, NewEgg, Canada Computers, and Memory Express.
Wow, as easy as hopping over to Micro Center and grabbing a 3080? Boy, I hope they have six COD keys available for all the cards that are going to be redeemed!

After playing for a while you do not get caught off guard as often but it does happen, yeah. It is much less tense with a group than it is solo, I actually kinda like playing solo part of the time because it so freaking creepy that way. I hate it and I love it. I am actually a bit of a chicken when it comes to horror so it is weird that I like this game so well. Or maybe horror just doesn't get to me as much as it used to.

My favorite moment so far was when I was playing with a friend and the ghost's name was something that reminded us of Tombstone and we kept referencing it. It was on amateur difficulty where sometimes ghosts can be so unaggressive as to be a pain to get info on or get a photo of and after several minutes with nothing happening other than it occasionally saying "die" into the spirit box, we were actually getting a bit bored. I started doing everything I could to piss it off and none of the trigger words were working so finally I say "maybe haunting just isn't your game, (ghost name). I know, lets having a spelling bee!" and the damn thing appeared directly in front of my face, started hunting and killed me before I could recover enough to react.
Tombstone as in this?

Tombstone-Pepperoni-After-Cooking.jpg

That's funny. I haven't played it much with a group, except for one time when the ghost glitched and people started making sucking noises at it. The anticipation of a jump scare and then being startled is the reason why people grey prematurely after playing games like that.

Honestly, I think the big difference is that the jump scares are more terrifying than horrifying. It's the immediate threat kicking your primitive ape brain into oh shit mode and releasing all that cortisol that gets people addicted, and that's the part that I wish it didn't have. I'm a big fan of all things horror and would play the game more if the player had more time to think before dying.

All of this PC retro talk is taking back to the days when I had an IBM followed by COMPAQ PCs. We used to go with my Dad to stores like Egg Head and COMPUSA to either get parts and software for the computers in the house. I'm remembering games like CODENAME: ICEMAN, 7th Guest, Kings Quest., The Last Ninja, that RoboCop PC game, the OG Prince of Persia, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, plenty more including the Reader Rabbit games that my Dad insisted we play.

CompUSA was almost the last man standing. They made it longer than Software Etc and Egghead at least. There's a Goodwill store west of Boston that's in an old CompUSA I used to frequent and the few times I've stepped in there it freaks me out because they haven't changed the layout at all.

I think that CompUSA was where the weird AMD hipsters went to go buy cyan inkjet cartridges or something.
Nah, it was where you went to go if you needed something and couldn't wait the week or more to order it online from somewhere cheaper. They also used to run mail in rebate scams where if you didn't call to check on them you wouldn't get your rebate. I can't really remember why I ever went there when microcenter was arguably closer and always better.

I'm pretty sure my first CD writer came from CompUSA.

bread's done
Back