Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Best Buy has the Corsair RM850x for $130 (that's a $15 discount). I ordered one in a hope to eliminate some coil whine in my current set up. I figured I'd post it if someone else is in the market but the idea that $130 is a sale is pretty rough... these PSU prices are really atrocious.

With my low-end hardware, I'll just keep playing low-end games that require hardly any drive space at all.

So, I'm no better or worse off than I was when this conversation started!

Lower your expectations, and you won't be disappointed!

:whee:

Control (base-game).

This game is a definite "must play."
So I have been super-ass busy for months now, finally played a game and it was Control. Everything cranked, 1440p, DLSS, Ray Tracing, 60FPS+

Gorgeous. And cannot wait to see where it goes.

Worth the wait, for me, but I'm only 2 hours in.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have been super-ass busy for months now, finally played a game and it was Control. Everything cranked, 1440p, DLSS, Ray Tracing, 60FPS+

Gorgeous. And cannot wait to see where it goes.

Worth the wait, for me, but I'm only 2 hours in.
That's a long time to be standing in front of your fridge

Lolz at this "test".

Half what he's videoing is the game connecting to an online server, nothing to do with loading data from disk. Other load times are hidden behind intro graphics so you wouldn't be able to tell if it loaded any faster or slower. I don't know what he means by getting "in game", etc.

It's hilarious to me that he thinks all the data starts loading when he presses "continue", like it's some sort of mechanical switch that starts pouring the data :lol: .

These videos have exactly zero to do with the advantages in question, but it is a hilarious reminder how little tech journalists understand of what they write about.
I'm not remotely tech savvy and even I know these things so that is very sad journalism.

Sooo ... the latest WoW expansion dropped today. Sort of feels like one of those “if you know you know” kind of things, as most places online don’t really seem to care.

I’m slightly tempted to seek out a CE ... not really sure why, as I haven’t played Wow for years. They’re obviously sold out everywhere on day one, but any sense that more will be made or places to look if I want to grab one at MSRP in the next month or so?

Sooo ... the latest WoW expansion dropped today. Sort of feels like one of those “if you know you know” kind of things, as most places online don’t really seem to care.

I’m slightly tempted to seek out a CE ... not really sure why, as I haven’t played Wow for years. They’re obviously sold out everywhere on day one, but any sense that more will be made or places to look if I want to grab one at MSRP in the next month or so?
So glad I never played WoW. If there were new Ultima Online expansions dropping every other year I doubt I would be able to hold down a job and have a family...

The last expansion was so bad that despite having preordered it early on because I was enjoying the (then-current) expansion Legion so much, I didn't play a single day of it after seeing it in the beta.  I haven't heard anything positive about the new one either except from the usual WoW fanboys that would eat up literally anything Blizzard released.   

You already missed out on the pre-order bonus pet and mount/whatever they offered this time and if you just want the other in-game items they have a digital collector's edition.  And with physical WoW CEs, they usually vanish from Amazon but sometimes can be found for quite a while after release at brick and mortar places like Target.   But with so many people jumping ship and digital sales increasing vs physical, they might have made less of this expansion.  I'd advise against buying it until you play the game live and see how you feel.  They have made so many (IMHO awful) changes to the game that I have zero interest in going back.  

So glad I never played WoW. If there were new Ultima Online expansions dropping every other year I doubt I would be able to hold down a job and have a family...
WoW is very 'quit-able.' They have done a good job at making smaller (5-man content) more meaningful over the years but, other than raiding, it is mostly a mount and pet collecting simulator. Never mind they put all the best stuff in microtransactions for sale in the WoW store. Yes, microtransactions in a game with a monthly sub.

I'm pretty lazy so instead of posting the link I'll just say if anyone has Ass Creed Odyssey and needs the SP, it's on sale for 8.79 or something on fanatical right now which I think is an all time low since ubi is stingy with the dlc discounts.

I'm pretty lazy so instead of posting the link I'll just say if anyone has Ass Creed Odyssey and needs the SP, it's on sale for 8.79 or something on fanatical right now which I think is an all time low since ubi is stingy with the dlc discounts.
That's a steal b/c AC: Odyssey's Season Pass also comes w/ AC3 Remastered (Complete w/ all DLC's) and AC: Liberation Remastered.

Does anyone else get the free Twitch games that come with Amazon Prime? They are mostly niche puzzle, adventure, and retro arcade games but I have found a few gems in there. And best of all, if you have Amazon Prime then they are free!

Does anyone else get the free Twitch games that come with Amazon Prime? They are mostly niche puzzle, adventure, and retro arcade games but I have found a few gems in there. And best of all, if you have Amazon Prime then they are free!
Recently they’ve been a little niche but historically I’ve felt whoever picks the titles for prime has impeccably good taste. Always surprised by some overlooked gems that end up there.

I could use some computer shopping advice, budget-grade (and eternal n00b) version.

I've been waiting to replace the all-in-one Lenovo desktop that failed on me several months ago. It was a 2014-15 vintage, HDD, optical drive, etc. There are two HP Pavilions on sale at Best Buy that are under my price threshold ($1000).

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-24-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-256gb-ssd-sparkling-black/6428088.p?skuId=6428088

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-27-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-sparkling-black/6428089.p?skuId=6428089

Both of them are basically 'potato deluxe' with Intel UHD 630 graphics, but I'm wondering if the 27 is better value for money than the 24 at those sales prices ($999 for the 27 which is $300 off, $699 for the 24 which is $200 off). I don't foresee getting a mid- or upper-range gaming desktop anytime soon due to cost, and so I won't be playing all those cool AAA titles (especially the Epic goodies), but it'd be cool to play (and idle) the couple hundred simple AA, A, and B games in my Steam library on a nice big screen.

Of course Best Buy also has specific gaming PC desktops under $1000 (the rough equivalents to the Pavilion would be the iBuyPower with Intel i5 and GTX1650 4GB, and the iBuyPower with Intel i7 and GTX1660Ti 6GB, and then the CyberPowerPC line with AMD, and of course HP, Lenovo, ASUS, etc. all seem to have their own gaming variant). But I'd have to add a monitor, and I guess that means the true limit for the PC alone would be $750-800. I really don't know if there are any good options for gaming desktop/monitor combos with my limited budget.

I'd appreciate any feedback as to the relative merits of the all-in-ones and what budget (under $1000) gaming desktops, if any, would be worth considering.

$1000 should be way more than enough to play lots of AAA games, as long as you’re targeting 1080p 60fps. I don’t know any Epic freebie that I can’t run well on my system, and it was going for like $600 regularly four years ago (I got a much better deal on it but that’s another story).

Of course Best Buy also has specific gaming PC desktops under $1000 (the rough equivalents to the Pavilion would be the iBuyPower with Intel i5 and GTX1650 4GB, and the iBuyPower with Intel i7 and GTX1660Ti 6GB, and then the CyberPowerPC line with AMD, and of course HP, Lenovo, ASUS, etc. all seem to have their own gaming variant). But I'd have to add a monitor, and I guess that means the true limit for the PC alone would be $750-800. I really don't know if there are any good options for gaming desktop/monitor combos with my limited budget.
I wouldn't buy an all-in-one unless I had some very specific use case for it and, frankly, I'm having trouble thinking of one. Even with limited desk space, I'd rather stick a small tower under the desk or something. You're paying a premium for the extra handling and components going into the all-in-one and removing any upgrade paths for yourself. You'll definitely get a better gaming experience out of a $750 desktop and $150 monitor than you will from a $900 all-in-one system.

In a more charmed world, I'd be able to laud the new generation cards and how great they'll be for you but, in reality, God only knows when they'll be available in any decent numbers. But $750 can easily get you a system with a 1660 Super or similar card which is going to play anything you've gotten free from Epic at 1080p and will play all the new and upcoming stuff as well. Not at full Ultra everything-on settings but a 1660 Super is the Recommended tier card for Cyberpunk 2077 at 1080p.

I'm not hard core recommending the linked system, by the way. It's fine (more storage would be nice but is a cheap self-upgrade later) but I didn't exactly shop around all the sites but rather just wanted a system for illustration. [Edit: Actually, looking around a little, it's a pretty solid system for the cost. Just need to get an extra drive someday. This HP Omen is similar.]

As a side note, that $900 all-in-one strikes me as weirdly balanced with the i7-10700 processor but nothing much to do with it. While there are things to do with a high end processor that aren't gaming, none of them feel like things you'd do on that system and you certainly don't need that processor for web browsing and MS Office. So while the all-in-one has a better processor that you'll get from a prebuilt desktop for the same price, it feels like money wasted in that application.

I could use some computer shopping advice, budget-grade (and eternal n00b) version.
I've been waiting to replace the all-in-one Lenovo desktop that failed on me several months ago. It was a 2014-15 vintage, HDD, optical drive, etc. There are two HP Pavilions on sale at Best Buy that are under my price threshold ($1000).

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-24-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-256gb-ssd-sparkling-black/6428088.p?skuId=6428088

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-27-touch-screen-all-in-one-intel-core-i7-16gb-memory-512gb-ssd-sparkling-black/6428089.p?skuId=6428089

Both of them are basically 'potato deluxe' with Intel UHD 630 graphics, but I'm wondering if the 27 is better value for money than the 24 at those sales prices ($999 for the 27 which is $300 off, $699 for the 24 which is $200 off). I don't foresee getting a mid- or upper-range gaming desktop anytime soon due to cost, and so I won't be playing all those cool AAA titles (especially the Epic goodies), but it'd be cool to play (and idle) the couple hundred simple AA, A, and B games in my Steam library on a nice big screen.

I'd appreciate any feedback as to the relative merits of the all-in-ones and what budget (under $1000) gaming desktops, if any, would be worth considering.
Your budget is far from limited. Syntax and Ex already mentioned it, but $1000 can get you a great gaming PC. Only go with the AIO if you need the space as your paying a premium for the form factor and even then I might recommend a gaming laptop and monitor instead as you can get a decent gaming laptop for like $800 and then a monitor for less than $200. Then you could at least take the laptop on the go in you needed.

Best Buy had some good deals on the gaming PCs. If you really wanted to go super budget they have this for $500:

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Master Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 3 3100 - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 570 - 1TB HDD + 240GB SSD

That's not too far off from what I'm running and while I'm not pushing ultra in anything, I've yet to come across a game it won't play. There have a 27" HP monitor with free sync for $120 so you could be out the door at under $700 with a rig that's far better than those AIOs.

And that's the lower end of your budget. If you do $750 for the tower and $250 for the monitor you'd be looking at a decent rig and a top notch monitor.

Looks like everybody's talking computers here.

And well, I finally put in an order for a custom-built desktop rig, after looking at IBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, NewEgg, Microcenter, and whatnot...after trying to come up w/ something from somewhere.

Specs - Z490 mobo (max is 128GB RAM); i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM DDR4 at 3000mhz; 750W PSU; 8GB NVidia RTX 3070; 1 TB SSD (OS Drive); 2TB HDD mechanical (2nd drive); 240mm Liquid Cooler; W10 x64.

Hopefully, it'll be built & here my Christmas. Looking forward to it.

Seriously, if you plan to do any sort of gaming: just forget Integrated. 10700 regular or 10700T won't do yourself any good, if there's an actual game you want to play...and you don't have much of a video card.

Doesn't surprise me that a All-In-One failed also. Just...yeah, I'd rather one part or so fail in my desktop; and then just replace that. One of the nice things about a desktop and all.

Sure, integrated GPU's have gotten better - but, for similar money in the $700-1000 range, you could either buy a gaming laptop or gaming desktop.

The IBP's with the 1650; or IBP with 6gb 1660 Ti (that sounds MUCH better to me, TBH); and even going AMD from C-Power sounds like much better option than the All-In-1's.

You could easily do 1080p60fps at Medium or better without RT (Ray-Tracing) in that $700-1000 range.

You could buy laptop with a decent video card (i.e. 1660 Ti's to maybe even some 2060 variant) and have pretty much no upgrade path for a bit (b/c prety much, RAM might be the few things a laptop might allow an upgrade on), if you're really worried about space (of a tower). And likely you can also tie a monitor to the PC via HDMI or Displayport; and connect KB's and mice via USB ports on the laptop (if you're like me and not fond of laptop KB's/mousepads).

Better yet, you could buy a desktop w/ an actual tower...and just find somewhere to stick that. Make room for it; it's worth it. You might at least some upgrade paths and have a worthwhile GPU in there.

I mean, even some AA Indies like A Plague's Tale: Innocence didn't even run so hot on my 6GB GTX 1060 laptop with 1080p at 40-45fps.

And anyways, you should be able to find a 1080p60hz/fps monitor for a $100-150, if you ain't caring about Free-Sync or G-Sync.

This isn't much of a search or anything for what's going on for monitor deals and stuff - but for $100, I saw these for monitors on NewEgg at 24 inches at 1080p w/ FreeSync:

Samsung at 75hz 1080p for $100 - https://www.newegg.com/samsung-ls24r350fhnxza-23-8-full-hd/p/N82E16824022798?Item=N82E16824022798&Description=PPSSUMXBOGOZDB&cm_re=PPSSUMXBOGOZDB-_-24-022-798-_-Product

Samsung at 144hz 1080p at $150 - https://www.newegg.com/matte-black-samsung-crg50-series-c24rg50-24/p/N82E16824022761?Item=N82E16824022761&Description=PPSSUMXBOGOZDB&cm_re=PPSSUMXBOGOZDB-_-24-022-761-_-Product

EDIT:

Syntax pointed out some few posts up the Microcenter deal on HP Omen with the 1660 Ti and 16GB of RAM:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/627805/hp-omen-obelisk-gaming-computer?storeid=029

Wow, that so isn't bad at all - especially w/ a solid CPU; good video card (and solid amount of VRAM!); and solid amount of RAM (16 GB) for $750. Then say add a $100-150 monitor with Free-Sync (or G-Sync, if you can find out that cheap - but I'd doubt that) and be good to go...especially if one doesn't care about Ray-Tracing; 1440p; and/or high-refresh rates on demanding titles.

For that kind of $ for 1080p60fps - that would be sweet; especially compared to the All-In-1 stuff.

And well, I finally put in an order for a custom-built desktop rig, after looking at IBuyPower, CyberPowerPC, NewEgg, Microcenter, and whatnot...after trying to come up w/ something from somewhere.

Specs - Z490 mobo (max is 128GB RAM); i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM DDR4 at 3000mhz; 750W PSU; 8GB NVidia RTX 3070; 1 TB SSD (OS Drive); 2TB HDD mechanical (2nd drive); 240mm Liquid Cooler; W10 x64.

Sounds nice - those are around the specs i'll be looking for (or AMD equiv) when i'm hoping to upgrade in the spring. Where did you end up ordering and how much did it run you?

edit:

to stay somewhat on topic, it's mentioned on the front page but Control Ultimate is $17 on GMG. $16 if you've got an XP account (which i think everyone does by making an account)

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/control-ultimate-edition-pc/

Sounds nice - those are around the specs i'll be looking for (or AMD equiv) when i'm hoping to upgrade in the spring. Where did you end up ordering and how much did it run you?

edit:

to stay somewhat on topic, it's mentioned on the front page but Control Ultimate is $17 on GMG. $16 if you've got an XP account (which i think everyone does by making an account)

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/control-ultimate-edition-pc/
Cyberpower PC.

Ran for around $1635, after tax w/ SPRING0410 coupon (5% extra off, which basically feels like it pays for most of the tax here).

Yesterday, all 3070's were $100 off at C-Power.

They've been doing different daily flash deals when customizing - i.e. extra RAM for not too much; extra SSD; extra HDD; etc etc. RAM's today's flash deal.

I customized the heck out of and took every discount and $ off at every corner they had, except PSU. I made sure I had almost no main parts that are "nameless"; and researched reviews and stuff on parts (i.e. mobo, RAM, etc).

Also, just finished Control (base-game) recently and it was fantastic. At $16 or so, that's a steal.

Still got the DLC's to run, at some point - need a break from that game.

Probably will return to that (Control for its DLC's), in a few weeks...or when the new desktop arrives.

Nice. Was planning to see if it was in the Steam fall sale today but probably won't be cheaper. Guess I should wait the couple hours and find out though. Steam key from GMG, too!

Probably will return to that (Control for its DLC's), in a few weeks...or when the new desktop arrives.
Gotta replay it all in glorious 3000 series ray tracing now. Congratulations on the new rig. You failed to list how many RGBs it has though.

Spoiler for diets

vD2saLZ.jpg

Nice. Was planning to see if it was in the Steam fall sale today but probably won't be cheaper. Guess I should wait the couple hours and find out though. Steam key from GMG, too!

Gotta replay it all in glorious 3000 series ray tracing now. Congratulations on the new rig.

You failed to list how many RGBs it has though.
I could careless about RGB's for the most part, as it's mostly about performance here to me.

I care about cooling, heat levels, performance, and that stuff mostly.

But, there are RGB's there on some of the stuff (i.e. I cared about what's on sale here & what performs well), so...let's go there.

I'm gonna cut & paste, so...

RGB:

• CASE: CyberPowerPC FURION Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ front/Top & Both Side Tempered Glass + 6X Dual Light Loop 120mm RGB Fans & Controller
  • COOLING: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Copper Cold Plate
  • MOTHERBOARD: ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus WiFi 6 ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe
  • PROMOSALE2: CYBERPOWERPC Skorpion K2 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Red (Linear))

Do I buy Hades on PC or on Switch? Rarely do I see a game selling on both at the same price, Switch is usually way more expensive.

I suppose if I'm going to drop $20 on a game right now, might as well do it on the Switch. Lord knows I'll be able to pick it up on PC for much cheaper down the line if I end up really wanting it on PC.

Also LOL at soundtracks always jacking up the prices of Steam bundles. Bastion's soundtrack is literally priced higher than the game itself on the Steam Supergiant bundle.

I should have known this steam sale was going to be more of the same, I think I will stop turning my bing bux into steam credit after I burn through this $50 I have. Getting Control and that is probably all, was thinking about Doom Eternal but I would like the DLC as well. Has anyone on here played the first dlc?

Do I buy Hades on PC or on Switch? Rarely do I see a game selling on both at the same price, Switch is usually way more expensive.

I suppose if I'm going to drop $20 on a game right now, might as well do it on the Switch. Lord knows I'll be able to pick it up on PC for much cheaper down the line if I end up really wanting it on PC.

Also LOL at soundtracks always jacking up the prices of Steam bundles. Bastion's soundtrack is literally priced higher than the game itself on the Steam Supergiant bundle.
IIRC, I bought Bastion's OST Edition (Bastion game & OST) for like $8 from Gamersgate; which was DRM-FREE style.

And then I got that game for Steam in one of them bundles.

To me, Hades strikes me as a game in which the PC version will be in a bundle at some point and/or free on Epic at some point.

Transistor was free on Epic before - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/transistor/info/

Bastion's been bundled numerous times - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/bastion/info/

Pyre was in the Itch.Io Racial Equality Bundle - https://isthereanydeal.com/game/pyre/info/

I'd buy Hades on PC myself, as I don't do consoles games.

But, for Switch - that's interesting for many as they could put that Switch in their pocket and take it places. Since you have a Switch, it's something to consider that aspect too; could be ultra-portable.

A part of me does wonder - Do saves for Switch and PC versions of Hades actually work w/ each other? Are they compatible?

Is the PC version of MHW Master Edition ever going to dip under $30? The frigging peasant physical version has been $20 multiple times now, and even the PSN version is only $5 more than the historical PC low without even being on sale.

wKaSbwU.png

Looks like a mighty fine machine.

I wish... Just found it on imgur.
I looked more... found the guy that originally posted it on reddit... but he didn't post a recipe.
I can help you with that:

Ingredients
pizza dough
sauce
cheese
all the pepperoni your grocery store has

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F

2. Roll dough onto pan

3. Spread sauce

4. Cover with cheese

5. Top with the pepperoni