Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ever thought about quitting everything in life and just painting Warhammer minis?
giphy.gif

Ever thought about quitting everything in life and just painting Warhammer minis?
Pretty sure those already go hand in hand. There's a Warhammer store near me. I drove by today but couldn't tell from the road if they were still in business or if Covid killed it. Seems like it's already a super niche market -- how many people are in a given area who collect/paint/play Warhammer? Take away their ability to host games and difficulty in finding games and it feels like it'd have trouble making rent in a hurry. At least D&D you can move your game online but no one is buying $1,500 in Orc tanks and Elf armies to play a digital version instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh I can do one better than that.  In college we used to hit up this large comic book store and a buddy and I were playing Hero Clix at the time, if you've ever heard of those.  One day my girlfriend opened up my desk drawer and found a bunch of plastic superhero minis and she was like " WHAT is that??"  That was the beginning of the end of that relationship. 

I got an email from Bandai-Namco today that referred to the free Little Nightmares PC game code that they were supposed to send when it became available, but it only mentioned a free comic that was available for download.  

Has anyone else gotten their PC game code yet, and if so, can you tell me to redeem it?

Decided to bite on Ori and somehow ended up buying five more games because dumb.    Did play one of them though, a cute casual puzzle game called Cats Organized Neatly.  About 3-4 hours and 80 levels of figuring out how to fit various cats that are shaped somewhat like Tetris pieces into a puzzle board.  

Starts with puzzles that only have a few cats and require no thought at all but by the end you will have a bunch of cats to fit into one puzzle and you will be spending some time figuring out how to squeeze the furballs in.  Click on the cats to rotate them (and make them meow at you) and then smoosh them together.  I liked it ok.

It's not on PC and probably never will be (haha!) but thought I'd share that I just finished Days Gone. It was pretty good! Also, I recently finished Ghost of Tshusima, tomorrow I'm going to start the FF7 Remake, and I'll be supplementing that with God of War since it's getting a PS5 upgrade tomorrow. If you're interested in impressions from games that aren't on PC, I'm your guy.

p.s. I'm also going to finish the final boss in Shadow of the Colossus some day. PM me if you have any specific questions about my non-PC gaming backlog. 

It's not on PC and probably never will be (haha!) but thought I'd share that I just finished Days Gone. It was pretty good! Also, I recently finished Ghost of Tshusima, tomorrow I'm going to start the FF7 Remake, and I'll be supplementing that with God of War since it's getting a PS5 upgrade tomorrow. If you're interested in impressions from games that aren't on PC, I'm your guy.

p.s. I'm also going to finish the final boss in Shadow of the Colossus some day. PM me if you have any specific questions about my non-PC gaming backlog.
When are you getting to Custer’s Revenge?

I was actually playing days gone in pc through PS now until they pulled it from the service. That was annoying. Hope it comes back before my year sub is up.

Anything's possible in due time for PC now (i.e. a few years), since a few Sony 1st-party published games like Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition and Quantic's games (Heavy Rain, Detroit, Beyond Two Souls) are on PC now, so.... [shrug]

EDIT:

And we know MLB: The Show '21 is coming Xbox too, so it could come to PC...

https://realsport101.com/mlb-the-show/mlb-the-show-21-pc-release-date-price-pre-order-cover-athlete-game-modes-xbox-download/

No matter what, that's a shit way to go...
Yup, my mom died of it. I was in the Navy and avoided most of the horrors but my dad has told me on more than one occasion that she finally stopped smoking with 3 days left to live. (Her body was so far gone she simply couldn't do it.)

So, don't smoke, and if you do stop.

I was actually playing days gone in pc through PS now until they pulled it from the service. That was annoying. Hope it comes back before my year sub is up.
It would be really impressive if they could improve the performance on PS Now to make it closer to the PS5 experience. I had a hard time getting into the game on PS4 but being able to play at 60fps was a revelation.

Oh, and in other news I was happy to read the latest on the ME trilogy remaster (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-02-02-mass-effect-returns-bioware-talks-trilogy-tweaks-and-franchise-revival). I was expecting some low effort trash from EA but it looks like these could be really nice upgrades.

Yeah you are on your Playstation kick. I'm waiting for the Yakuza Like a Dragon PS5 update in March and I'm prob going to play Ghosts or Demon's Souls next.

God of War was easily the best game I played in 2018. Simply phenomenal. I think you'll like it.

It would be really impressive if they could improve the performance on PS Now to make it closer to the PS5 experience. I had a hard time getting into the game on PS4 but being able to play at 60fps was a revelation.
This is everything.

I got an email from Bandai-Namco today that referred to the free Little Nightmares PC game code that they were supposed to send when it became available, but it only mentioned a free comic that was available for download.

Has anyone else gotten their PC game code yet, and if so, can you tell me to redeem it?
I got that email today too, it said I didn't win so I guess they're trying to pass it off as some kind of contest now?

The first Mass Effect had a great story, glad to see it’s getting some love and not just a new coat of paint. It’s funny because I’d totally pay more for a Legendary CE, but it seems like EA always struggles to take my money.

- edit - Saw the standalone helmet and steelbook set ... which doesn’t include the game. Like I said, they always struggle to take my money ... give me a steelbook, mini art book and soundtrack and I’d pay $100 ...

Can't wait to hear about all of the sweet microtransactions and season pass on the new Mass Effect games, thanks EA!

(the note: "includes single player content only" at the end of the video)

EA is bringing college football back, next year at the soonest though.  I fully expect a reskinned Madden with half of the content locked behind microtransactions and NCAA '14 remaining the best available college football game but I guess anything is possible.  

Embracer Group (owners of THQ Nordic) buys some stuff:

Gearbox got bought for $1.3 billion - https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-02-03-gearbox-entertainment-joins-embracer-group-in-usd1-3b-deal

Aspyr Media gets bought for $450 million - https://venturebeat.com/2021/02/02/embracer-group-acquires-aspyr-media-for-up-to-450-million/

EDIT:

2K says they still will publish future Borderlands titles from Gearbox - https://www.ign.com/articles/2k-will-still-publish-borderlands-despite-gearbox-takeover

No ME3 MP included. Which sucks as it was the only redeeming thing in ME3.

It will be interesting to see if Bioware will redo the crappy ending or not. They really could get back into people's good graces by doing so.

It will be interesting to see if Bioware will redo the crappy ending or not. They really could get back into people's good graces by doing so.

They are not adding new or altering any story content, nor are they adding in content that was cut previously. It's purely a visual polish, with some QoL, UI and balancing sprinkled in as well as a unified launcher and character creator. ME1 has the most changes, obviously, as it is the oldest.

While a move to UE4 would have been nice, and restoring some of the cut dialogue would have been appreciated, I'm ok with their direction. This is really aimed at bringing ME1 more in line, quality-wise, with the last two games and to allow a new audience to experience what old fans have loved for years. I suspect it's also to keep the franchise from being remembered as ending on a disappointing note (Andromeda) in order to fill the very long gap until the new game releases.

They are not adding new or altering any story content, nor are they adding in content that was cut previously. It's purely a visual polish, with some QoL, UI and balancing sprinkled in as well as a unified launcher and character creator. ME1 has the most changes, obviously, as it is the oldest.

While a move to UE4 would have been nice, and restoring some of the cut dialogue would have been appreciated, I'm ok with their direction. This is really aimed at bringing ME1 more in line, quality-wise, with the last two games and to allow a new audience to experience what old fans have loved for years. I suspect it's also to keep the franchise from being remembered as ending on a disappointing note (Andromeda) in order to fill the very long gap until the new game releases.
Crap is crap then. I'm not at all excited and I'll keep an eye out for Bioware's obituary.

Why BioWare did not port ME1-3 over to UE4 in this ME: Legendary Edition (Remastered Collection):

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-mass-effect-legendary-edition-doesnt-use-unreal-engine-4/1100-6487003/

- BioWare says the biggest reason stuff wasn't moved to UE4 was b/c Kismet (UE3's scripting language for cut-scenes) doesn't have an equivalent in the UE4 Engine. 

- Basically, they'd have to basically re-do every cut-scene & special moment over in UE4, if they ported all of ME1-3 over there.

- The game would play & feel different gameplay-wise according to BioWare, if they brought ME1-3 over to UE4.

(Side note: I think they are referring to the combat here).

I kind of wish ME3 MP would be its own thing, TBH, not tied to the "Readiness" factor. I did like the MP and found it quite fun, BTW.

I never cared for this "Readiness" Factor thing w/ the MP required to get a better ending for the SP, basically based on how most of this game was really a SP (Single-Player) game. We also know how EA and other companies can be, shutting down MP portions of games and all.

And it's not like ME3's had an offline skirmish mode version of the MP, so you could play against bots either...b/c I'd always worry about BioWare pulling the plug on the MP, at some point in time.

So, it now looks like the "Readiness Factor" for ME: Legendary Edition Collection here is going to be judged across What's Done Across All Three Games in this collection - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-mass-effect-legendary-edition-is-changing-about-the-original-trilogy/1100-6486987/

Also, The Extended Cut (from ME3) is the canonical ending for ME: LE.

Also, Pinnacle Station (from ME1) is just not in this ME:LE Collection.

EDIT:

Honestly, if they survived Ass Effect: Andromeda, I don't think redoing one of there most popular trilogies with all its DLCs(*) is going to be the final nail in the Bioware coffin.
I think this Trilogy is a license to pretty much print money here. ME: LE is likely going to be a big deal for console gamers, who probably never had the entire collection of ME1-3 all in one place; and now they're able to easily bring their saved games & Shepard characters over from one game-to-the-next with ease here in one big collection.

Sure, on PC - easy enough: have all your ME1,2,3 saves. I still got them. You can pull your saves and Shepards from ME1 to ME2 to ME3.

I think what I'm most curious about in this collection here: how much closer combat-wise they bring ME1 over towards ME2/ME3. Let's face it - ME1's combat ain't on ME2 or ME3's level. ME2 and ME3 was such a big jump in combat, compared to the original ME1.

Also, for this ME:LE Collection - I'd love for the new roll move from ME3 to wind-up in both ME1 and ME2.

Honestly, if they survived Ass Effect: Andromeda, I don't think redoing one of there most popular trilogies with all its DLCs(*) is going to be the final nail in the Bioware coffin.
Never said it would be... I figure they have two new releases (aka not a remake) before they get taken out back and killed.

Also, Pinnacle Station (from ME1) is just not in this ME:LE Collection.
Not a loss at all. This is the only part worse than the ending in the trilogy.

Can I admit that when I had to replace a broken Seagate spinning HDD back in 2010, when I transferred everything over it lost my ME:2 save file where I was on the final mission, so I never went back to the series?  ME1 and ME2 were two of my favorite games ever, but then I said eff it.  That was back when PC gaming was garbage bc of constant Windows problems, rampant pron viruses, and continuity issues on both Steam and the OS.  Malicious sites used to erase your Windows drivers on the regular.  Those were the dark days of PC gaming: from 2004 to about Windows 7 in 2010.

The new game installation simply wouldn't recognize the old save files. That's the most butthurt I have ever been about losing a 100hr+ save. 

For a quick fun exercise, do a google search for "list of EA games" or "best EA games (of the last decade)" and count the number of good ones.  How many did you get?

I’ll happily admit I played through till close to the end of ME1 several years ago before getting bored and never going back to the series.

And here I am with 800 hours in ME3 on Origin alone. Not counting the two years I played ME3 on PS3. I probably have close to 2000 hours in the trilogy in total.

Still haven't finished Andromeda.

I do hope that EGM, ARK, Omega and PEOM get moved over to legendary. Not holding my breath though.

I've never been big on online multiplayer but I absolutely loved the multiplayer in ME3. Shitty that it's not included. I probably put more hours into that than any other MP game and it was easily my favorite online experience, outside of sneaking through the corn grass in Dead By Daylight of course.

So Pinnacle Station sucked? Good, then that means if/when I get the remasters, I won't feel bad for buying that DLC twice already and not playing it.

Still haven't finished Andromeda.
I don't think most of us have. It has too much UbiSoft meaningless side-questing, TBH.

ME:A also lacks the writing, storytelling, dialogue, decision-making that the original ME Trilogy has & made the series great - in which basically, ME:A lacked the most important stuff that's normally in a BioWare game.

Best things about ME: Andromeda are the graphics quality (the terrain, textures, and worlds look great - not the character models); and the combat & vehicles both play & feel great (as you'd expect with the Frostbite Engine).

I tried ME1 & ME2 and rapidly got bored/frustrated with each and quit.  In contrast, I've played through DA:O five times now but Mass Effect just didn't do much for me.

The more I read about the Mass Effect re-release, the more I’m starting to question how much effort they actually put in. No multiplayer - semi understandable, but they excluded the Pinnacle Station dlc as well ... which seems pretty questionable. Then they have this song and dance about how they had to create these for “current consoles” and not next gen ... which is just bullshit because guess what, as of last November next gen is current gen. And finally, some of the character redesigns look worse than the original. It reminds me quite a bit of Halo CE remastered ... the art style in the remaster just sucks compared to the original. I fear that the same people who made the horrific faces in Andromeda were brought in on this remaster ... and it shows.

I’ll still buy it, the original Mass Effect games are some of my favorite ... but I don’t get the sense that this was an AAA effort, seems kind of slap dash and a bit of a cash in. So basically like everything from BioWare over the past 9 years.

Edit - This is coming from someone who preferred the art style from Mass Effect 1 and 2 over 3 ... 3 had weird visual issues and characters ended up looking super different. Now it sounds like they’re using 3 for the new character standard in Mass Effect 1 ... so we’ll see how that turns out.

For a quick fun exercise, do a google search for "list of EA games" or "best EA games (of the last decade)" and count the number of good ones. How many did you get?
Last time EA published good games:

6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ffff5970c-pi.jpg

And the best of all time:

Mail_Order_Monsters_cover.jpg

Fwiw, my first experience with EA was with [customspoiler=this:]

4UXhaoHm.jpg

[/customspoiler]

So, I actually still have trouble associating EA with "games".

bread's done
Back