Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I decided, that after 5.5 hours, that I think I'll move on from Biomutant.  Back to Mutant Year Zero, for me.   More fun mutated post-apoc setting, for me.

IbKrFbp.png

Eh, what about the original version?
Old-version was removed from sale on Steam, when the new one launched.

Old-version still has Denuvo listed on its Steam page.

Don't know anything on the old-version if it's DRM got pulled or not, unfortunately. Sorry.

The sheer number of youtube gaming channels I sometimes watch that are doing Biomutant videos is a pretty good indication that THQ Nordic bribed nearly all of them to give it coverage.  This wasn't a particularly anticipated game.

The sheer number of youtube gaming channels I sometimes watch that are doing Biomutant videos is a pretty good indication that THQ Nordic bribed nearly all of them to give it coverage. This wasn't a particularly anticipated game.
Honest to goodness I don't think I had heard about Biomutant until people in here were posting about a price/pre-order glitch.

The sheer number of youtube gaming channels I sometimes watch that are doing Biomutant videos is a pretty good indication that THQ Nordic bribed nearly all of them to give it coverage. This wasn't a particularly anticipated game.
If you got paid $2,000-$4,000 to play a shitty game for 1 hour, you'd do it too.

Going to be honest... What else has come out that is worth covering?

I don't know if paying streamers to play your game is really a "bribe" versus just "advertising".  If I cared about anything in the streaming space (which I don't) it would be if the streamer made themselves available for paid content and whether they disclosed it.

Played Maneater yesterday and it's probably the perfect Game Pass game: Entertaining but also incredibly repetitive and I'd probably be mad if I had paid more than $5 for it.  Worth trying for "free", not really worth paying out of pocket for.  If you don't have GP, wait for a bundle or sub-$5 price tag.  Since Epic gave them a sack of cash anyway, you don't even need to feel bad about waiting for an 80% off sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played a bit of Maneater as well and came away feeling the same way. Neat concept, really like the presentation, but the moment-to-moment gameplay seems like it would wear thin before too long.

A bunch of old Need For Speed games are being de-listed from digital stores today, probably due to car license and/or music license issues:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/need-for-speed/delisted

Here's the list of what's getting de-listed digitally:

• Need for Speed: Carbon
  • Need for Speed: Undercover
  • Need for Speed: Shift
  • Need for Speed: Shift 2 - Unleashed
  • and Need for Speed: The Run.

EDIT:

Also looks like online-services and/or MP for those games are going offline this August also.

A bunch of old Need For Speed games are being de-listed from digital stores today, probably due to car license and/or music license issues:
https://www.pcgamesn.com/need-for-speed/delisted

Here's the list:
Need for Speed: Carbon, Undercover, Shift, Shift 2: Unleashed, and The Run.
I don't have any of these NFS games, have never played them, and probably never will. I have Burnout Paradise Ultimate/Remaster with about 10 minutes of playtime, too (total brag)

I really do like driving games ... in a past life I played the hell out of arcadey racing games like Blur, project gotham racing, midnight club racing, older Burnout games, Wipeout, and

So, which of these NFS should I get to add to my permanent backlog?

Thanks!

I really do like driving games ... in a past life I played the hell out of arcadey racing games like Blur, project gotham racing, midnight club racing, older Burnout games, Wipeout
You and me both. I remember playing Test Drive Unlimited on my 8800 GTS and having the time of my life. Put a decent amount of time into NFS Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise, too. Now all I wanna do is play American Truck Simulator and drive at the speed limit.

Anyways, I know the original Shift was pretty well-regarded when it came out. No idea about the sequel or the others.

I don't have any of these NFS games, have never played them, and probably never will. I have Burnout Paradise Ultimate/Remaster with about 10 minutes of playtime, too (total brag)

I really do like driving games ... in a past life I played the hell out of arcadey racing games like Blur, project gotham racing, midnight club racing, older Burnout games, Wipeout, and

So, which of these NFS should I get to add to my permanent backlog?

Thanks!
The Run's okay, but short. I really like the whole Cannonball Run thing, but there's not much to the game...other than that. Wish it got some DLC's or something.

Carbon's one of my favorites of the NFS games, along w/ NFS: Most Wanted 2005.

Undercover's good, but still not as great as Carbon and MW 2005.

Shift 1's good, but never finished the campaign mode; I still got Shift 2 backlogged.

Though, if you want to go more modern for Slight Mad's games - you could always try Project CARS.

You and me both. I remember playing Test Drive Unlimited on my 8800 GTS and having the time of my life. Put a decent amount of time into NFS Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise, too. Now all I wanna do is play American Truck Simulator and drive at the speed limit.

Anyways, I know the original Shift was pretty well-regarded when it came out. No idea about the sequel or the others.
Shift was so well regarded that its sequel dropped the NFS tag and EA had hopes of making it into its version of Forza or Gran Turismo.

It had a cockpit view that, frankly, as far as I know has never been duplicated as head movement is simulated.

https://youtu.be/UlivxX_eXBE

Searching on Steam it looks like my thoughts might be late? I'm not seeing the Need for Speed titles I don't already own. (Minus the ones not getting delisted.)

NVidia announced 8gb RTX 3070 Ti ($599 MSRP) and 12gb RTX 3080 Ti ($1200 MSRP) for June 2021 release:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16727/nvidia-announces-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-3070-ti-upgraded-cards-coming-in-june

DOOM Eternal is getting DLSS & RTX Support; and RDR2 & R6: Siege are getting DLSS support:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/doom-eternal/dlss-ray-tracing

DOOM Eternal - here's footage of it at 4K on the upcoming 12gb RTX 3080 Ti ($1200 card):
I haven't been this disinterested in new PC tech in over three years. Used to read PC tech news every day but haven't touched it since Dec. There haven't even been any big budget RTX games coming out either. lol "MSRP"; so irritated with the hardware situation, people's infatuation with cryptocurrency, and everyone who supports this mega inflated pricing. $700 cards are being regularly sold for double their MSRP.

Wow... Doom Eternal with RTX and DLSS... yay? The game engine already runs well on most hardware, even stuff 8 years old.

On the Biomutant front, I saw in my local Walmart they had a singular copy of the PC version for $49. Might be worth a look, for those interested.

bread's done
Back