Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think I'm pretty much done with Roguebook. I like a lot of the features, but I don't think it has staying value. In this game you have a team of 2 heroes who all have somewhat unique decks past their basic defend and attack cards. You can unlock a few more heroes and some cards for them as well as gems and a few items. The gems are there to augment cards as many have slots that add some extra abilities to them. This is very similar to Slay the Spire other than how you explore the overworld. The overworld consists of a map that you can traverse, boxes that you can spend money to get cards, as you don't gain any in battles, battles, epic battles, the boss and other things like a lighthouse to ink up some spots. The overworld isn't fully developed and you get a paintbrush which uncovers titles. You have a limited amount of these, and once you're done you can't uncover more of the world to explore. To augment these brushes you fight normal battles which generally give 1 shot items that ink spots to uncover them in different ways. You can hold up to 3, including healing items that heal your team. So the basic gist of this is explore, gain cards/abilities/treasures/etc..., fight battles to be able to explore more and eventually fight a boss. The battle system uses the Slay the Spire system of having 3 energy and each card has a number in the corner of how much energy it costs. They do a lot of things and do damage. One special thing is block is shared, but the block cards force whoever played the last block to be in front. Generally the front is the hero that will take damage. You can switch heroes that may trigger cards/abilities/etc... multiple times in a turn as long as you have the right cards or abilities. It's a solid system and makes things generally clean. Bosses are generally challenging but not impossible. At the end of a map you get a treasure (sometimes equipment to make heroes betters and sometimes things that give abilities), heals, money, and stuff to help you unlock permanent unlocks such as hero health and treasures appearing on the map. There is a lot of stuff here honestly and overall it's all clean. For some negatives I do feel the amount of card unlocks is a bit low and the number of heroes is OK, but could be a few more. The game feels somewhat samey even with different character sets. They play differently, but the  number of unique enemies isn't crazy high. Also the last boss whatever version you get is cheap and some are way harder to beat. I've won 5 times overall each with different hero combinations. This includes a Hades system where you can increase the difficulty for better rewards, but you choose the weighted disadvantages up to a certain number. It's good, though I slightly prefer the set in stone difficulties like Slay the Spire. I need to mention Richard Garfield worked on this and it shows. Some magic mechanics like Storm make it into the game. Overall it feels like a good, not great game. Everything is clean, but also generic at the same time. Things feel too samey though the challenge is good especially with certain hero combinations. I'd say wait for maybe a 50% off sale or bundle, but it's decent enough. Also day 1 DLC with an extra boss and some treasures/gems hidden behind it is very scummy.  I'm just already a bit bored of it. 7.5/10 after 15 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Prime Day is happening, last time I picked up this keyboard for basically the same price it is now -- $44.  Decent budget mech keyboard with fancy RGBzzz!

(Apparently deals ends in 33 minutes from this post but maybe it'll stick around).

Yeah there's some decent stuff today on amz today.  10600k for $170, which I think is the lowest it's been.  The $73 1tb Crucial P2 was nice, but now sold out.  Also grabbed a few components from the 25% off AWD promo, such as a $212 2tb 980 Pro.

Just don't buy mooby's keyboard off AWD.  Those have likely been used during zoom meetings with MysterD's mom.

Yeah there's some decent stuff today on amz today. 10600k for $170, which I think is the lowest it's been. The $73 1tb Crucial P2 was nice, but now sold out. Also grabbed a few components from the 25% off AWD promo, such as a $212 2tb 980 Pro.

Just don't buy mooby's keyboard off AWD. Those have likely been used during zoom meetings with MysterD's mom.
So you’re saying they’re full of dust? Gross.

Now officially done with Roguebook. Won with each combination of heroes and got through ascension (or whatever this game calls it) level 6 pretty easily for the most part. 17 hours overall so yeah, it's a good bundle game or medium sale game cause it just doesn't have enough. The gameplay is rock solid honestly, but I don't know. I'd rather play Slay the Spire and Monster Train, but it was not a bad game. 7.5/10 still stands, but not worth the full deluxe price. I also fought the DLC monster and it isn't worth the money. It's another event and boss that can get you a unique gem. Way overpriced and Day 1 DLC.

Edit: That DLC is now free as part of the main program. It's not as scummy now, though there is day 1 cosmetic DLC. Glad they heard the feedback although more variety is welcome.

R6: Siege quietly updated w/ DLSS 2.2 version; and NVidia users are modding & using that file in other games (such as Cyberpunk & Death Stranding) unofficially for much better performance & other several improvements:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-dlss-2-2-quietly-released-in-rainbow-six-siege-can-be-manually-added-to-other-games-for-several-improvements/

Nier Automata's Denuvo DRM looked to have been removed on Steam, according to SteamDB:

https://steamdb.info/app/524220/history/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Might & Magic X online-servers pulled on this single-player game; and PC players that bought the DLC can't run it b/c it requires the online servers:

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-shuts-down-servers-rendering-might-and-magic-x-dlc-inaccessible/
Kotaku - https://kotaku.com/ubisoft-drm-breaks-might-magic-x-legacy-single-playe-1847144111

Info:
- Might & Magic X's online-servers were pulled on this single-player PC game, back on June 1st.
- PC players that bought the DLC can't run it b/c it requires the online servers.
- The Falcon & The Unicorn DLC content is still for sale on Steam for this game also, BTW.
- Players made a work-around to make the base-game work after Act 1, but the DLC doesn't work.

AMD is killing driver support for the 7000, 200 & 300 series cards in case any of you were still hanging on.

Nvidia is ending support for 600 & 700 series cards but if you were still gaming on a GT 630, you have larger issues than driver support.

AMD's FSR is out. Check your favorite tech site, Youtubers, and video reviews.

Info:

Anyone familiar with Steam's family sharing features?  I'm wondering if there's a way to buy a game on one account, and play it together multiplayer on two PCs at the same time (both PCs are in the same house if that matters), like you can with PS3/PS4/PS5.

AMD is killing driver support for the 7000, 200 & 300 series cards in case any of you were still hanging on.

Nvidia is ending support for 600 & 700 series cards but if you were still gaming on a GT 630, you have larger issues than driver support.
With all the renaming they've done with their card lines the last few years I have no idea how old these cards are without looking on Google.

(Luckily, I'm not on an 8 year old card but with the way supply and demand are going I might be. 970x here.)

card shaming, huh? i thought we were more civilized than that
That's something a GT 630 user would say.

(Luckily, I'm not on an 8 year old card but with the way supply and demand are going I might be. 970x here.)
As I understand it, the Maxwell cards were on the chopping block but Nvidia determined that too many people were still using them with everything going on to cut off driver support.

As I understand it, the Maxwell cards were on the chopping block but Nvidia determined that too many people were still using them with everything going on to cut off driver support.
Well, thats good to know... I had planned to upgrade with the release of the new consoles but, well, know what they say about the "best laid plans." Though personally I think Iron Mike Tyson said it best... "Everyone's got a plan untill they get punched in the wallet."

With all the renaming they've done with their card lines the last few years I have no idea how old these cards are without looking on Google.

For AMD, its cards from before the RX 400 models in mid 2016. For Nvidia its everything before September 2014.

Ugh.  I put a fresh Windows 10 install on one of the PCs that I own that previously had Windows 7 on it, and I can't get the damn thing to display in color even after performing an update.  It defaults to grayscale.  What a pain in the ass.

Any suggestions?

Sold nearly $3 of cards, ready for summer sale :cool:
s-0863dcceffcf9ceb9d3bee89bf5a8fa4c3c14151.gif

Color Filters somehow enabled by accident? Type "Color Filters" into the search bar, choose what comes up, and make sure you don't have it turned on.
Thanks, buddy. Every website and YouTube video mentions that the grayscale issue is there because Windows 10 includes a mode to help people with color blindness, but the color filters thing with turning it off still won't work. I might mess with it some more tonight after I get home from work. Frustrating though.

Ugh. I put a fresh Windows 10 install on one of the PCs that I own that previously had Windows 7 on it, and I can't get the damn thing to display in color even after performing an update. It defaults to grayscale. What a pain in the ass.

Any suggestions?
Stream Leave it to Beaver or I Love Lucy and its no longer an issue.

Thanks, buddy. Every website and YouTube video mentions that the grayscale issue is there because Windows 10 includes a mode to help people with color blindness, but the color filters thing with turning it off still won't work. I might mess with it some more tonight after I get home from work. Frustrating though.
Yeah, my first thought was that you enabled some obscure grayscale mode by mistake. Are you getting this issue even during the early/middle stages of the Windows installation process, or does it only occur once the installation is finalized? I assume you already tried reinstalling the OS and/or the video card drivers? I'd also try using a different video card, cable, and/or monitor just to further rule out a hardware issue. Other than that, I got nothing.

EDIT: You said you did a fresh install. Did you try an upgrade with W7 already installed? Curious what happens there.

Try CTRL + Windows Key + C, this enables or disables grayscale mode.

Edit:

B55Ryw6.png

Sorry about that, looks like the keyboard shortcut only works if you have that box checked.

A reminder that the July Humble Choice will go live July 6th, two days before the Summer sale ends. Just in case you don't mind waiting around to see if something you want gets bundled next month.

Great. This time, they turned Steam and its stickers into a Zork Adventure.

Turn to Page 666 for more info.

Or Close the Web Browser to close the book.

I'm a genius gorilla or something.
I got Paranormal Professor:

Imagine if you looked in a microscope, and instead of an amoeba, you saw a ghost! It’s an idea too terrifying for most scientists. That’s why ghost science is so far behind the other sciences. Everyone’s too scared to make discoveries! That’s where you, the world’s first accredited ghost scholar, come in. You like science, but you’re also very brave.

I bought a 2070 Super.... cause I wanted to play one thing on my Rift.. then I got the Quest and the PC with the 2070 is effectively only ever used for browsing the internet.  

The Gorilla Scientist

As a gorilla of science, you are five hundred pounds of knowledge-pursuing primate fury. Are you going to do experiments with that test tube? Or crush it between your three-inch fangs while ripping someone’s spine out? Who knows. You’re unpredictable, and that’s your greatest strength.

The Gorilla Scientist

As a gorilla of science, you are five hundred pounds of knowledge-pursuing primate fury. Are you going to do experiments with that test tube? Or crush it between your three-inch fangs while ripping someone’s spine out? Who knows. You’re unpredictable, and that’s your greatest strength.
I got this one too.

The writing on these Steam Forge Your Fate pages is pretty funny. These writers must have gone to Meme Academy.

84MasRF.png

vbAGnhp.png

It's not Half-Life 3 or Saliens, but I guess it's what we get.

You are…

The Trailblazing Explorer

Nothing thrills you more than being the first to set foot on a floating continent or diving into the depths of a lost city. Your archeologist friends say you should spend less time punching Nazis and more time dusting grains of sand off femurs. They’re going to be dusting grains of your foot out of their ass if they don’t get off your back about this stuff.

Pretty fitting, since my last avatar was Richard Spencer just before he got punched in the face for being a Nazi.

Looks like more Legend of Heroes games could be coming...to the Epic Store:

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/06/epic-games-store-leaks-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-from-zero-trails-to-azure-trails-into-reverie-and-the-legend-of-nayuta-boundless-trails-for-the-west

The Epic Games Store has leaked unannounced localizations for The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero, The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure, The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie, and The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails, all developed by Falcom and published by NIS America.

The four titles are likely set to be announced at the NIS America-hosted Falcom 40th anniversary celebration later today.

bread's done
Back