Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I remember them lowering the base prices a year to a year 1/2 ago shortly after buying a couple of their games. Guess they're jacking them back up to the former price. 

I think the Humble Choice discount used to be 20% off for NISA games but it's now 10% off. I could be wrong but I remember it being 20% off when I bought a few games recently

r6vJqkW.png

Fun story: Opened up my case this evening to test something out. Had to remove my SSD and in the process, I dropped the m.2 screw somewhere on the motherboard and didn't see where it rolled. Tilted the case all around to see if it would roll out, but nothing. I ended up taking the entire PC apart to try and find that damn screw. Motherboard, PSU, everything, piece by piece. I eventually found it lodged under the CPU lever here:

Vg90hDR.png

I wasted an hour doing this.

Happy 4th.

Fun story: Opened up my case this evening to test something out. Had to remove my SSD and in the process, I dropped the m.2 screw somewhere on the motherboard and didn't see where it rolled. Tilted the case all around to see if it would roll out, but nothing. I ended up taking the entire PC apart to try and find that damn screw. Motherboard, PSU, everything, piece by piece. I eventually found it lodged under the CPU lever here:

Vg90hDR.png

I wasted an hour doing this.

Happy 4th.
Freedom isn't free, it's a hefty f*ckin' fee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzW2ybYFboQ

Thank you for your service.

GameStop.

Cyberpunk 2077 - GOG version (retail boxed Standard Edition version) = $17.99

Contents of package:

1. GOG Game-version code for download from GOG Galaxy (on a card)

2. Poster that's a Map of the Game-World

3. Stickers

4. Postcards

5. 2 CD's each for Original Soundtrack (37 tracks b/t the 2 discs)

6. Manual about the game-world (World Compendium Book)

7. HBO Max free-trial code

EDIT - Updated, since purchased at Local GameStop. Plenty of info here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyberpunk 2077 is well worth it on PC for sure. The story and some of the characters are farce IMHO, but the gameplay is aight, the missions are generally pretty good, the stealth is decent enough (how I played), and the graphics are pretty good. I still rate it about a 6.5/10 but that's still in the good range for me with sometimes it reaching 7/10 which is pretty good for me. I'd always recommend it $20 or lower easily. Just not the best game and I doubt the story will stick with you. I'm also not a fan at all of one of the main characters, but don't want to spoil anything. 
I hated Johnny Silverhand. He annoyed me to no end.

Can anyone recommend Death Stranding? I’m debating on that or a bunch of cheapo games before this so called sale is over.
I like what I've played so far - but it's so different than most stuff on the market, since it lacks a lot of combat; especially early on....I can see some people see & say why it can be divisive and/or not someone's cup of tea.

Probably not a game most should buy when it's pricey...b/c it might not be someone's cup of tea.

The weird world-building and Lore is really interesting to me.

Even once you get some stealth elements, hand-to-hand combat, and that stuff - that stuff still isn't deep. Well, at least not yet deep, anyways.

Combat feels secondary to the rest of the cargo balancing act. You still need to balance stuff you're carrying, or drop it for the time being, and/or not let get it wrecked - when it combat, running around the world & its terrain, and/or whatever.

I do recommend Death Stranding. Interesting game. Good but not great. Though the price will keep dropping. There's a decent number of people selling the steam key since it came bundled with Intel hardware for a while. I bought mine for $16 on the trade forums here.

A 1060 will limit you but likely perform okay at 1080p.

$23 on steam right now, aren’t you playing on a 3070? I’m still using a 1060.
Bought it for less than that on Epic Store at $14.86, during their last Mega Sale.

Yes, playing on a 3070. Runs and looks amazing on a 3070; one of the best things about this game. Terrain and characters are stunning, to say the least.

I thought about buying Death Stranding so I could play a game where you make deliveries across a desolate wasteland that's brimming with despair, but it was cheaper to just get the Idaho DLC for American Truck Simulator instead.

I thought about buying Death Stranding so I could play a game where you make deliveries across a desolate wasteland that's brimming with despair, but it was cheaper to just get the Idaho DLC for American Truck Simulator instead.
If only that were true, instead Californians are buying up all our land and stealing all our women!

waited for humble monthly, that was a mistake. here's my shitty haul

People Playground
PBA Basketball Slam
Prototype
House of the Dying Sun
Black Mesa

from 3rd party
Persona 4 Golden
Resident Evil 3

Can anyone recommend Death Stranding? I’m debating on that or a bunch of cheapo games before this so called sale is over.
if you got money spare it good, if this has to last you go with more games options.

it a cargo sim first, story second, then annoying avoiding combat third, followed by parts were you can fight and hunt those annoying parts.

the soundtrack is really good but it start and ends when it wants to add immersion which is annoying more then good, you can sit in a bunker in a base and listen but mit well just playing music in back ground at that point. you can repair/restore things and get a bike/vehicle, that I did enjoy a lot and wish it was more a sim of rebuilding uniting a broken world vs a weird drug dream with a baby in a bottle as you swap between lucid and lost.

I lost interest before I beat the game, still played 39 hr and unlocked 37/63 achievements so I did have fun, I think I will give it another go later to see how it all ends an play around bit more just not right now.

Thanks for the input everyone, I guess $23 is a bit much as I have other games I can play and would probably enjoy it more if/when I get a better gpu.

Getting a GTX 1660 OC back from RMA in place of an RX 580 seems like a more-than-fair deal, right? I asked for a replacement after the fix didn't stick the first time I sent it in and this is what MSI offered. Trying to find a downside but can't, unless I'm missing something.

Getting a GTX 1660 OC back from RMA in place of an RX 580 seems like a more-than-fair deal, right? I asked for a replacement after the fix didn't stick the first time I sent it in and this is what MSI offered. Trying to find a downside but can't, unless I'm missing something.
Seems like a positive. Only issue i can think of is if you own a monitor with a particular flavor of adaptive sync. You could also theoretically drop 2gb of vram depending on models involved.

Seems like a positive. Only issue i can think of is if you own a monitor with a particular flavor of adaptive sync. You could also theoretically drop 2gb of vram depending on models involved.
Yeah, it's a 6GB card vs. the 8GB on the 580 but at 1080p I'd imagine it's nothing to worry about. And my FreeSync monitor says it's compatible with GTX 16xx cards so that's covered.

Assassin's Creed: Infinity announced, which sounds like an always-online "Live Service" AC game:
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/07/07/assassins-creed-infinity-announced/

Info:
- Ubisoft Montreal & Ubisoft Quebec on working on AC: Infinity
- UbiSoft Quebec worked on Odyssey, while UbiSoft Montreal worked on Valhalla
- Sounds like an always-online "Live Service" game
- This is a "massive online" platform and will evolve
- This game will have multiple historical periods
- Each setting could actually be its own game, but they will be likely connected somehow
- More settings will be added, as time goes along.

Boring Dear Derp-ary Steam Backlog Update:

Had never played Brutal Legend.  Gave it a shot but uninstalled after the second or so major 'RTS' battle.  I appreciate they tried to do something different but the controls and point-of-view are too clunky to wed with RTS play.  Not a metal fan so that part doesn't make it worth continuing.

Got Call of Juarez 2 in a recent bundle so figured I should try the first game that's been sitting unplayed for years.  Seemed extremely buggy.  Didn't get further than the intro town where you jump out of the prostitute's window.  When I did so I wandered around the city into areas of the map that were seemingly out-of-bounds (unrendered).  Apparently there is some event trigger that's suppose to happen to turn the town hostile but my save bugged out.  The sequels might be better as the western style combat isn't helped by antiquated graphics/shooting.

chose my own adventure:
Persona 4 Golden (fanatical)
Ys IX Deluxe (fanatical)

has anyone found a good use for these $1 fanatical vouchers?

Haul (some shame involved)

Witcher 3: GOTY

Hello Puppets! (VR)

Hades (got to play a bit before my vacation, it's epic)

Muse Dash

Here comes the shame:

FOCUS On YOU (VR)

VR Kanojo

TOGETHER VR

Tell me if I missed any ero VR games that are good on Steam, lol. 

American Truck Simulator: Idaho

American Truck Simulator: Colorado

American Truck Simulator: Utah

Dicey Dungeons

Undecided on whether or not I wanna spend $8.xx to get the rest of the Rusty Lake games.

I wish I could get into the Truck Sim games.  In theory I love 'transport' type stuff like trading in space sims.  In practice, as in the real world, I suck at e-driving.

Q for those familiar with Arkham Knight.  Is the DLC worthwhile and, if so, does the 'Premium Edition' on Steam (comes with Season Pass) contain all the meaningful DLC?

Going through this thread, reddit and the various other typical sites to see if there's anything I should be picking up, but so many of the sales have just been "ok". 

Mostly, I've just been picking up oddball stuff that's 80-90% off. 

Shachibato, President It's time for Battle!
50 years
Chronology
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
Way of the Samurai 4
Trouble Witches Origin

Assassin's Creed: Infinity announced, which sounds like an always-online "Live Service" AC game:
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2021/07/07/assassins-creed-infinity-announced/

Info:
- Ubisoft Montreal & Ubisoft Quebec on working on AC: Infinity
- UbiSoft Quebec worked on Odyssey, while UbiSoft Montreal worked on Valhalla
- Sounds like an always-online "Live Service" game
- This is a "massive online" platform and will evolve
- This game will have multiple historical periods
- Each setting could actually be its own game, but they will be likely connected somehow
- More settings will be added, as time goes along.
So... Take the crappy soulless online open world of Watch Dongs Legion... Mix in the grindy level-gating of Odyssey... Add a dash of Far Cry 5 dumb repetitive capture storyline with 3 shitty bosses for the price of 1 and you have yourself the recipe of a winner... I mean wiener.... Can't wait

My haul of well reviewed cheapos:

K-Point Ski Jumping 0.59
Valakas Story 0.51
Golf Around! 0.95
Take That 0.99
Halo: Spartan Strike 0.74
Everyone Dies 0.89
Legion 51 0.59
Deadly Land 0.59

and these for $4 from the discounted Daedelic Strategy bundle:
The Long Journey Home
Bounty Train
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

I wish I could get into the Truck Sim games. In theory I love 'transport' type stuff like trading in space sims. In practice, as in the real world, I suck at e-driving.

Q for those familiar with Arkham Knight. Is the DLC worthwhile and, if so, does the 'Premium Edition' on Steam (comes with Season Pass) contain all the meaningful DLC?
I cannot be the only one that finds it funny that your complaining about driving in video games and then mentions a game thats all but ruined by driving sections in a tank?

Anyhow, I cannot help. I gave up on Arkham Knight during the first tank scene. Just not my idea of Batman, nor my idea of fun, and I like driving games. (I do really enjoy the rest of the series and recommend it.)

My Steam Summer 2021 Haul:

Steam - 07-07-2021:

• NWN: EE - Deluxe Bundle (Complete The Bundle):
    -> Tyrants of the Moonsea DLC = $1.79
    -> Tyrants of the Moonsea OST = 53 cents
    -> Dark Dreams of Furiae DLC = 89 cents 
  • Way of the Samurai 4 (base-game) = $2.49
  • WoTS 4: Where Are They Now DLC Pack = 49 cents 
  • Wild West and Wizards = $1.49
  • Bloody Good Time = 99 cents
  • Deathspank Bundle (Complete The Bundle) = $2.80
    -> To get DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue.
  • Halo: Spartan Bundle (Halo: Spartan Assault & Halo: Spartan Strike) = $1.24
Total = $13.48

Steam (last minute purchase before 1pm) - 07-08-2021:

•  Middle-Earth: Shadow of War - Expansion Pass = $4.77 (after tax).

Elsewhere:

Humble Bundle:

• July 2021 Humble Choice = $12
    (with DIRT 5, The Surge 2, Yakuza 3 Remastered, etc etc.)
  • Nioh 1: Complete Edition = $11.99
Fanatical:

• Persona 4: Golden = $9.89
GameStop (Brick & Mortar):

• Cyberpunk 2077 (PC version / retail box) = $19.11 (after tax)

I was going to grab some things, but then I came to my senses.
I'm sort of leaning towards this given the number of games I've bought in bundles over the last few months. I'm sure stuff like Dark Souls 2 and Arkham Knight will be the same price during the Winter sale.

I'm sort of leaning towards this given the number of games I've bought in bundles over the last few months. I'm sure stuff like Dark Souls 2 and Arkham Knight will be the same price during the Winter sale.
This is my problem. I look at the stuff I have installed waiting to play, then the list of things I have uninstalled that I want to play. I pretty much won't buy something directly from steam unless I'm going to play it right away and there's nothing that I need now.

EDIT:

I'm not even talking about any +1's, just games that I actually want to play.

Picked up Dusk Diver just now. Haven’t heard much about it, but gameplay videos remind me of PS2-era 3D brawlers in a good way, and the idea of exploring a neighborhood of Taipei virtually appeals to me.

For me pickups are VNs with launch discounts really and trying out some rogue deck builders. I'll try them 2 hours or less and decide on them later. Also Card City Nights 2 since I enjoyed the first a lot although I hear 2 has a worse battle system. Will see in 2 hours if I agree.

Card City Nights 2

Chrono Ark
Erannorth Reborn
Island Diary
Slobbish Dragon Princess LOVE + PLUS
Vault of the Void

Grabbed a few games before the Steam sale ended.

Fishing Adventure - 49 cents

Jack & Jill DX - 49 cents

Way of the Samurai 4 + all the DLC - $6.49

Earthworms - 59 cents

Gutwhale - $2.24

I also paused my Humble Monthly to see if I could get a coupon, but nothing doing, so I'll prolly unpause it later today.

I had a little fun with the Summer Sale. I spent some time looking at SteamDB's filter tool and saw that a few of my wishlisted games were at all-time lows. Mostly, others just matched their all-time low (read: regular sale price).

So I checked into wishlisted games that had Complete the Bundle pricing to find some decent further discounts. DiRT 4 was one that caught my eye. One more decent racing game to throw on the backlog.

I also watched my activity feed to see if anyone else picked up anything interesting.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
MX Nitro
Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn  

This was a trio of well-reviewed games in a nice bundle price.

I also saw these in my Discovery Queue:

The Room

The Room Two
Glass Masquerade
Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions    

And I've actually already started The Room. I really like puzzle games and, though the series has been around a while, they were new to me. They seem to revolve around discovering how to operate and get into highly complex "physical" objects. Three dimensional decorative boxes and that kind of thing. The puzzles are not overly difficult, but they do challenge your observational ability and I've never come across a solution that I felt was unfair. I actually liked the first so well that I bought a second before I was even finished,

Time spent looking through Steam's front page: zero

Just went for a handful of cheap games this time.

Now You See - $0.49
Last Room - $0.51
Dead - $0.49
50 years - $0.49
Valakas Story - $0.51
Harvester - $0.89
FATE - $0.79
Jack & Jill DX - $0.49

Debated the Wolfenstein 2-pack at $5.99 but I am still holding out for the Humble Bethesda Bundle.

I'm a little late to the Death Stranding discussion but I played it late last year and it was one of my favorite games I played in 2020. I was really into the overall aesthetic and gameplay loop, but what really hooked me was building roads (and later the ziplines). It was incredibly satisfying to complete the routes for making deliveries. The story, of course, was absolute trash and the ending was a joke, but this is a Kojima game we're talking about here so what else is new, right?

In other news, I'm playing Ass Creed Valhalla right now and the game has crashed to the desktop 4 times in the last few days. Again, what else is new, right?

The Room

The Room Two
I absolutely love all of Fireproof's Room games. I just finished Old Sins (iOS), but I think 2 and 3 are my favorites. I'll play through them, let them sit, and because I'm getting old, play through them again because I'll forget what to do.

bread's done
Back